Daddy

Temporary Daddy

With the morning came pain and fear but no boy would allow themselves to be left out of this. This was officially the last time they would see her and they needed this. No one could deny they needed this closure.

She was up before any of them and not long followed Chanyeol. He'd stollen Baekhyun's bed once he found him in the pile of men in the living room. Jun Hee's eyes focused on him the entire time. The soft lighting flowing through the window illuminated her face.

He didn't want to say goodbye. He didn't want to leave her with strangers. He knew he was a stranger too but it never felt like it. It always felt meant to be. There had to be a reason she was left on his doorstep. Even if she wasn't his he needed a reason.

"I know I've already said goodbye but today it's real. This morning is our last together.... Jun Hee I had fun being your daddy. Do you feel the same? Do you love me like I love you? Will you be okay when we're gone? Will we be okay when you're gone?" He gently her thick head of hair.

Soft, barely audible, babble spilled from . A smile started on his face as soon as hers did.

"Y-yah! Stop being so sentimental. You'll make her cry." Baekhyun's voice was strangled and he looked to the ceiling to stop the tears. This was both real and slightly for effect.

A dimple formed in Chanyeol's cheek and he propped himself up on his elbows. "Don't cry.... I want Kris hyung to be the first to cry." He joked sadly.

"Too late Xiumin hyung is already crying over pancakes!" Chen shouted into the room. "It's really ugly too" he said popping his head back into the room. "Hey why didn't you tell us she was awake?"

"Because she's mine!" Chanyeol shouted narrowing his eyes and snuggling up closer to her.

"My daddy senses are tingling!" Someone shouted.

By now it was obvious everyone was up.

Chanyeol wanted to be angry. He wanted to be greedy but he couldn't help but be happy that they were able to take this so lightly. He felt better that they were able to joke around. Maybe losing her wouldn't be quite as hard as he expected. Maybe

Almost every member charged into the room. They were careful of Jun Hee but they brutally attacked the giant in the bed. Xiumin wrestled him to the ground. Meanwhile Lay picked up the little girl and whisked her away from the heap of fighting boys.

"What crazy boys princess."

Her hand instinctively curled around the finger that had been poking her chest. Lay smiled and carefully descended the stairs.

"Do they have to be so loud?" Kyungsoo asked looking over his shoulder.

He had his arms resting across the back of the couch and Kai's head resting in his lap. After his fill of pancakes the younger boy drifted back to sleep in a place that seemed the most convenient. Kyungsoo didn't mind so much but was sure soon enough the weight of his head would make his leg go numb.

"I'm going to finish eating do you wanna feed her?"

"Just bring me what I need."

Lay transferred Jun Hee to Kyungsoo's arms then went to get the things she needed for feeding. A bottle filled with formula and a pink rag for burping.

Kyungsoo with the bottle simply because he liked to see how desperately chased it. The excitement in her face when she was finally able to the milk into was priceless. When he lifted her to his shoulder to pat her back her feet accidentally hit Kai in the face. He couldn't really be mad though. He stretched his arms and sat up beside his hyung.


Slowly the other members were all filing downstairs having successfully beaten up Chanyeol. They all had light smiles on their faces and felt some odd sense of comfort. Suho's phone buzzed in his jeans pocket.


He quickly checked the phone before it could go to voicemail. The number on the screen was all too familiar. Either not noticing or hoping that what they were thinking wasn't true no one commented on how Suho's face fell.


"Hello?" he asked walking to a quieter part of the house. "Yes I understand... we'll be by with her in a  few minutes." Kris rested a hand on his friends shoulder just after he hung up. They shared an understanding look then slowly went out to were the rest were still blissfully unaware.

The maknae's were arguing with Xiumin and Kyungsoo about holding Jun Hee. Chen was teasing Jun Hee with his face. Luhan was making a cup of coffee while Baekhyun was trying to get Chanyeol's of the kitchen table. And Lay was rummaging through the open fridge. This was a way they hadn't been with each other for a long time. The two leaders didn't want to ruin this moment with the news but keeping the police waiting wasn't really in their best interest.

Just like before their hearts sank and they solemnly loaded up into the cars heading off to the station. For the second time their heart's broke handing her off to a random police officer. The difference this time was their certainty that they wouldn't receive another call about her again.

Chanyeol sat in the waiting room with his elbows resting on his thighs and his laced fingers hiding his mouth. The other boys filed out to the car not wanting to see Suho return empty handed.

"Chanyeol... It's time to go."

"Hyung, if you don't mind I think I'll just sit here for a while. You can go home. I just need some time." He was given a reassuring pat on the back before he was able to see Suho's back gaining distance from him.

He wasn't sure how long he'd sat there and how many people traveled in and out of the place. All he knew was that he hadn't seen her leave just yet.

"Chanyeol? Um I mean sir..." A secretary who held a slight blush on her cheeks tapped said man on the shoulder. "I let the chief know you've been sitting here... and we know she was left to you... I promise you're not in trouble... He'd like to see you.. in his office."

"Okay," His eyebrows knit in confusion. What could the police chief possibly have to say? And to him of all people?

He made his way to the office that seemed just a bit too large. Jun Hee still sat in her car seat on the desk. She was breathing as if she'd been crying. Did they call him in just to sooth her? The second thing he noticed upon entering the room was a woman in handcuffs with a tear streaked face.

"Park Chanyeol thank you for coming in." The chief started. "This is Seo Se Na the mother of..." he looked at the restrained woman.

With tears starting in her eyes again she spoke, "I never gave her a name. I never intended on having her.. so there was no point." Her voice was steady but her breath and quivering lip indicated she was anything but.

"Call her Jun Hee." He said ignoring the sort of rage that was starting for the baby's mother. How could she just abandon a child so sweet.

"Explain the story to him." The chief demanded coldly.

"I had her... Jun Hee," She corrected after a pointed glare from Chanyeol, "At home by myself. I couldn't bring shame to my family. I just couldn't so I went to leave her with her father and hoped that no one would ever find out she was mine."

Two things ran through Chanyeol's head. One that Se Na was a despicable human being. And two being that if she was leaving Jun Hee with her father.. Did that mean?

"Her father lives right next door to you... It was dark and I was trying to get it done fast...I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you.

"Jun Hee is a blessing and you are trash for not realizing it." Weather she was upset with herself or about the word's he said wasn't clear. All he knew was that it was the truth.

"We aren't sure how to contact the father so we were wondering if you had your neighbor's phone number."

"Which neighbor?"

"Jackson Wang."

Jackson was the father??

Chanyeol did in fact have his number. He called him giving no specifics knowing they would tell him everything when he arrived. In the mean time the chief took Se Na away and in to be booked. She was being charged with wreck less endangerment of a child and other things they wouldn't go into detail about.

When Jackson arrived the chief was already back.

"Did he get arrested? Public indecency? A fight?" was the first thing to fly from his mouth.

"Why would I be indecent!?" The moment of fun was easily forgotten, "This is actually about you Jackson."

"I'm not being deported right? Because I've got all the legal documents if you want to see them."

"No you did nothing wrong."

"Then why am I here?"

Chanyeol turned around and took Jun Hee from her seat holding her the way he'd been taught only a few day's ago. They told him everything and his face was blank for a majority of the time. He hadn't denied that she might be his daughter. He agreed her timeline fit with when he'd last been with Se Na. He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he had a child. The chief left just after he swabbed both Jackson's and Jun Hee's cheeks for a DNA test. Just for legal purposes.

"Can I..?"

"She is your daughter." Chanyeol smiled handing her off then adjusting her arms so that he held her just right.

"Hello Jun Hee.. its me.. y-your..... dad... Chanyeol I don't know if I can do this." He said shaking his head.

"You're doing great actually."

"That's not what I mean.. What if I can't... what if I'm not a good father?"

"You will be."

"How do you know?"

"I just do."

"What if I can't be there for her? What if I do something wrong? What if she doesn't even like me or won't stop crying or if I just forget everything or if she gets sick? What then. What if I can't be a good father? What if I can't take care of her good enough?"

Chanyeol took his shoulders and looked into the younger, shorter, man's eyes. He knew what Jackson was feeling, even if those feelings were short lived, he knew. "You will probably be scared less... but I know you. You are a good man. I know you won't give up. And things happen obviously now you know that. But Jun Hee is an angel. You spend some time with her you will quickly realize it. Once you know how incredible she is you'll do anything and everything you can do for her. No matter what stage in your life when you have a child you will make mistakes but it's how you learn from them that matters. The best you can do is try and I know your best is pretty damn good."

"But-"

"I only spent a few days with her and I love her with all of my heart and would give anything to be able to raise her. So please don't do anything rash. Don't give her up without thinking about what you'll be missing." Tears had fallen  from Chanyeol's eyes even before his speech started. At the sight of this strange look at him Jun Hee started to cry her self.

Jackson was in a panic looking up to Chanyeol for help. He couldn't speak but his face clearly encouraged Jackson.

"It's okay... Daddy's here. Its okay." He gently bounced her in his arms until her cries were lulled and she was looking up at him in awe.

A small smile started on her face and her hands waved softly brushing his chin. His worries were starting to slip to the back of his mind as he marveled at how much she looked like him. Her eyes, lips, chin. Every time she waved her small arms a warmth would grow in his chest and it multiplied by ten when she held on to his index finger. Her hands were so small they almost didn't completely encircle his finger.

"Will you make sure I'm good to her?"

"I think you know my answer."



 

It could have been better but what can  you do? Also don't worry that it's over there will be an epilogue for 15 years in the future to come and that shouldn't take too long to finish.

Was Jackson being the father a good surprise? Did you kinda want an exo member to be the real daddy?

Se Na is actually the name of the evil sister from the drama Rooftop Prince so I had to use it for a fellow sh!tty human being. :D

Do you think Jun Hee's in good hands?

Thank You to anyone and everyone who read and voted for this book it means so much to me!

Rina <3

P.S. This is my first finished fanfic be proud of me please!!