Twelve Plus One

Temporary Daddy

   Life was simple. Well as simple as life could be for a Korean pop star that is. Chanyeol did everything he was supposed to do. He woke up in the morning, bathed and ate. He went to all of the scheduled practices and meet and greets and concerts. He spends time with his friends and gets home at the wee hours in the morning just to get a few hours of sleep. Tonight just as he pulled the cover over his head someone had a brilliant idea. The doorbell went off about twenty times. This caused groaning and promises from Chanyeol that he would be there soon.

   He jumped from bed unwillingly. He neglected to put on a shirt or pants. Whoever stood at the door continually ringing the god forsaken doorbell had better be prepared for Batman boxers.

   "I'm coming!" He whined. He looked to the ceiling for one moment, "I asked for sleep you couldn't do me this one favor?" He shook his head and continued on. Surprisingly the ringing had stopped. He pulled the door open to find nothing and no one. He stepped out to look around when his foot hit something. It was a small car seat containing a baby.

   "What in the world?!" He picked up the car seat and again looked around. Not a soul lingered. He couldn't believe this was even happening. He thought that things like this only happened in movies.

   Chanyeol took the baby and car seat into his home and shut the door. He all of the lights as he walked through his home. He set it on the kitchen counter and looked down.

   The baby made an odd whining noise making Chanyeol jump back. He slowly made his way back and the baby's eyes were barely open and mostly covered by long thick eye lashes but he could still tell they were really big. A sleepy smile spread across its face causing small dimples to appear.

   "Awe." He put both hands over his cheeks squishing his face in the process. Had it been anyone else it should have been an ugly sight.

   The baby was cute he had to admit. It was small. Its hand looked like a dolls. So tiny compared to his own. It had thick black curly hair. Bronze skin a little darker than Kai's, its eyebrows were barely noticeable, it had a button nose slightly chubby cheeks and a pointy little chin.

   The baby stretched out its arms. Hands slightly opening and closing. It wanted Chanyeol but the giant was too sleepy to figure that out. Its lip slowly poked out and eyebrows raised. Its breathing increased and tears pooled in its eyes.

   "Oh no what did I do wrong?!" Chanyeol looked around panicked. "What do I do what do I do!" And as the dope looked about as if someone were there to help him the baby got louder and reached farther.

   Chanyeol poked a finger into the center of his chest. "You want me?" He could have sworn the baby nodded and that's all it took for him to scoop the baby up and hold him to his bare chest. The baby was much colder than he thought and for that he felt bad.

   The boy had never held a baby before so he just stood there arms wrapped around the baby and himself.

   "What should I do?" He couldn't think of anything that would be helpful. He somehow managed to put both hands under the baby's armpits and hold it out in front of him. "What do you think?" The baby's head flopped down and to the side unable to use its own neck.

   After a few moments of serious thinking all but one member was in Chanyeol's home. None of them knew how to hold the baby but they all tried their best. None of them had the first clue what to do about the child. For the twelfth time that night the doorbell rang.

   Xiumin's sleepy eyes were barely open and he looked angry.

   "Why on earth would you call me over here at 3am Chanyeol?!" Xiumin barked.

   "This!" Chanyeol's arms were outstretched holding the baby with is hands under its armpits. Again its head flopped to the side. Xiumin's eyes widened.

   "What the hell are you doing?!" Xiumin snatched the baby from his hands and held it with one arm underneath its neck for support and that hand holding its leg the other hand held its back up.

   "What's wrong with how I was holding it?" Chanyeol pouted.

   "For one 'it's' a GIRL. And two she looks like she was barely born, she has no control of her neck and if you hold her like that you'll break it."

~~*~~

   "Xiumin? Would it be okay if I held her?" Kai approached his hyung cautiously. He'd been over protective of the girl ever since he had arrived. Xiumin looked over to Kai. He laughed at how nervous the boy looked.

   "Of course you can." Xiumin smiled and scrunched up his bunny like face.

   "Wait it was that easy?" Sehun asked.

   "No. I would never let YOU hold her. She'd probably cry if she saw your face." The boys erupted in laughter.

   "Not like I wanted to hold that thing anyway." Sehun pouted.

   Xiumin laughed and just shook his head. "Kai?"

   "Yes?" He replied.

   "Sit." Kai obeyed. He held out his arms the way he saw his hyung do hours before. Gently the baby was set in his arms.

   "Ha." Kai smiled. The baby was lighter than he thought. Her curious eyes widened along with her bright smile. Her small hand raised and brushed against his chin making him laugh.

   The baby was passed from Kai to Suho to Kris to Luhan to Baekhyun and finally to Kyungsoo. He was conflicted about whether he wanted to hold her or not and finally decided he did. She had similar eyes to his.

   "You're very pretty," He cooed. "Let's destroy the world together." He smiled evilly. She smiled back in a way that seemed to mirror him.

   "Satansoo stop spreading your evil ways to the youth!" Chanyeol shouted. "Someone take her away from him! He's corrupting her!"

   The sun was beginning to rise and they all had to go into the studio. None were quite sure what to do with the girl. They ended up with a majority vote to take her with them. Xiumin decided she would ride in his car seeing as he didn't trust the others to drive carefully enough.

   The entire ride all that could be heard was baby talk and adorable giggles from the little girl. The other boys face timed so they could see her and talk to her.

   Meanwhile in Suho's car he fretted about the future of the baby. He knew they had to give her up to the authorities to find her parents but worried they would never find them. Someone had left her in the freezing cold on Chanyeol's doorstep after all. Kris tried to calm him and reassure that if they didn't find her parents nice people would adopt her and take great care of her. Suho was still apprehensive.

   They parked the cars in the enclosed garage and every boy swarmed to Xiumin's car. Their fascination with the baby was unlike anything else.

   "Get away you're making her cry!" Tao snapped at the other boys.

   "No that's not it. I think she needs her diaper changed." With those words every boy stepped back. There were rounds of "I'm not doing it".

   "Lay could you change her diaper? I would do it but I've got some things I have to work out right now." Xiumin said getting off of the phone with their manager.

   "That's fine." Lay took the car seat and diaper bag and headed towards the SM building. "Don't cry princess. Oppa will take good care of you."

   Lay headed to the nearest men's restroom. He looked around. He knew that in bathrooms there were baby changing stations but unfortunately there were none in men's restrooms.

   "Shield your eyes princess." Lay muttered as men walked to the urinals. "Cover me." Lay said to the other guys as soon as he left the men's restroom.

   "What are you gonna do?" Chen asked following him.

   "What has to be done!" Lay commanded with his head held high. He marched his way over to the women's restroom. He didn't hesitate for a second as he pushed open the door. All of the guys were shocked that he was doing this.

   Every woman washing their hands or waiting in line looked at him mortified. He bowed at each one of them.

   "Don't scream. I need to change my baby and then I'll leave." He marched straight to the changing station and quickly opened it up. While some still stood in shock others stared in awe at this man willing to go beyond the norm to take care of a little baby.

    He quickly and a little clumsily cleaned her and changed her diaper. He kissed her small forehead when he was done and put her back in the car seat. He proceeded to wash his hands and then looked at all of the women still staring at him.

   "Thank you for allowing me to take care of her." He bowed his head and left with a slight blush on his face.

   His companions stared at him with wide eyes as he made his way out of the bathroom. They couldn't believe he had actually done that.

   "What's it like in there?" Sehun asked trying to get over his shock.

   "Very pink and very clean. They even had candy machines!" He said innocently referring to the machines that dispensed feminine sanitary products.

   "Wow! I wanna go!" Chanyeol tried running in but was immediately stopped by Kyungsoo.

   "Do it and you die."

   "No! Take him instead!" He said pushing Sehun up as a sacrifice.

   "Stop it now," Suho demanded. "We have to go visit our manager hyung." More crying interrupted the one moment anyone had ever listened to Suho.

   "Princess what's wrong? I already changed you." Lay said bending down to her. He poked her cheek and found his finger and started trying to it. "Are you hungry princess? Does anyone know how to make a bottle?"

   "I do!" Kai said immediately jumping towards Lay. He blushed when everyone started looking at him. "I used to have to nurse my puppies when they were very young." He said now rummaging through the diaper bag. He pulled out the water and formula and mixed it.

   "Xiumin how do you feed a baby?" Chen had called Xiumin since he had the most experience with babies. "Okay thanks. We'll be in the studio soon." Chen hung up the phone and looked at the rest of the boys. "He said you have to hold her the way he showed us and put it in ."

   Everyone volunteered to do it but they were all shot down by Suho. He decided that he would be the one to do it.

   "Hello baby." He said with an awkward smile. "I'm going to carry you..... And feed you.... I can't do it!" He said pushing his palm against his face.

   "I'll do it." Lay picked her up and put the bottle in . She happily started to drink what was in the container. They walked to the elevator and rode up to the sixth floor where the recording studio was. They were greeted by their manager and then the baby was noticed.

   "What is that?"

   "She's a baby." Chanyeol replied.

   "Why do you have it?"

   "She was left on my doorstep and we don't know what to do with her."

   "Take her to the police. That's what you should have done in the first place not bring her into work."

   "But I want to keep her." Chanyeol whined.

   "She's not your responsibility. And if you won't take her to the station I will call them to come and take her. Do you even know what it's going to do to your image if the paparazzi or fans find you with that baby?" He continued when no one spoke, "Their going to think it's one of yours and your careers would be over."

   "Not to be rude or anything but how would it ruin us to be seen with a baby one or two times?" Baekhyun asked.

   "And it could be one of ours. You don't know." Sehun piped up.

   "Yeah and what would you have us do with her if she was ours?" Chen added.

   "You boys are impossible you know that?" The manager shook his head and looked to Suho. "Explain to them why they can't keep her. And once you have all that figured out come to my office so we can deal with the problem."

   Everyone gave him glares as he left the room. They didn't want to give her up now. They had only spent a couple of hours with her but they were already so attached.

   "Don't let him take away our princess." Lay said handing the little girl to Xiumin to be burped.

   "Please hyung?" Kai pleaded.

   "I care about her just as much as all of you but do you know how hard it is taking care of a baby?" Xiumin asked "Not only that I'm sure she has some family out there who are desperate to have her in their lives.

   "But hyung I was being serious when I said that one of us could be the father. The person did after all specifically leave her on Chanyeol's doorstep." Sehun now said.

   "If it was his or any of ours for that matter then they surly would have left a note saying so. Also none of us were in the country at the time she was conceived."

   "How would you know?" Chanyeol asked. "Do you keep tabs on my life?"

   "Xiumin are you the father?!" Luhan shouted.

   "No I'm not you idiot! And that goes for both of you." Xiumin grumbled.

   "Seriously guys if it were anybody's baby she would be Kai's or Tao's. I mean skin tone wise it makes sense."

   "Or both." Lay said looking up from the floor where and ant had distracted him.

   "Lay," Kris patted the boys shoulder, "That's physically impossible. I'll tell you about the birds and the bees later okay?"

   "Do the birds eat the bees or do the bees sting the birds?"

   "Um..."

   "I feel like we just got so off topic."

   "Let's get back to the matter at hand." Suho said.

   "Suho you are not the father!" Chen yelled out.

   "Stop it! We can't keep her because she isn't ours. End of discussion!"

   "No this is the end of the discussion!" The maknae line took the baby and ran off with her. "We won't give her up!"