Be there

Weddings & CO

 

I ended up in the studio as my grandmother texted me that she would come home too late to discuss anything but that it would be better to speak tomorrow while we have lunch. Not that I was ready to face her anyway. I was working, at least trying. How could I focus after experiencing the weirdest day ever? I thought of calling Hana a hundred times.  I was afraid she was mad at me and it made me even more nervous.  After that freaking meeting ended up she insisted we would talk as I owed her a serious explanation but ran away pretending that I had some stuff to take care of. I didn’t even mind make up a good excuse. All I knew is that I couldn't talk to her. Talking about it was admitting how far this whole situation has gone and how much it was out of control. Especially with her. Hana is someone very practical. The thing is if I had explained to her everything that happened during that freaking day while going through every single detail, as she’d love to she would’ve probably come to a conclusion that I wouldn't like. The same conclusion that I ended up coming to after the two hours of brain torture I was having. The only difference is that I was ing alone. I shook my head violently so that conclusion that was slowly but surely forming into an image in my brain would fade away. That was not happening.

- That’s impossible… I told myself out loud as I went to the kitchen to fill what would be my eleventh cup of coffee when I heard the entry door code being dialed and panicked as there's only three particular persons that knows the code. Last time I checked, one was probably landing. The second one on a painting leave. And the third one even if geographically the closest to me: too mad for bothering paying me a visit. I grabbed what appeared to be the most dangerous tool I had in the drawer and that was a butter knife. Great. I was surely going to survive a serial killer with that...I took a deep breath as I was hiding behind the door ready to fight until death when I heard familiar and loud voices that I would recognize from my grave. The three persons that I expected less were all reunited in front of me and looking at me, as I had lost it. I never felt that glad about being wrong.

- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I screamed out of happiness jumping for a group hug. What are you doing here? You were supposed to fly in later? And you weren’t you supposed to come back on Sunday… and Hana-ya…oh my god… I screamed grabbing them all together for another group hug not really paying attention to the answers they were trying to give me while I was suffocating them as I felt relieved that nothing had changed. Nothing will ever change.

We had finished eating the food we ordered after Sue and Sunny had fought for an hour and as I was in the kitchen getting more drinks Hana came up to me since the two others were still bickering even thought we had finished eating. I knew instantly what it would be about.

- I'm sorry ...we both said in the same time before laughing heartedly.

- You go first...she asked me.

- I'm sorry I ran away after the meeting... I... It's not that I don't trust you or anything like that it's just that I don't know either what's really going on... And I'm not sure I want to...I’m scared…

- I'm sorry for pressuring you earlier I seriously lacked of tact... The thing is...  you're always going to be there for me, for us but when it comes to you, you just deal with everything by yourself and I hate it... I wish I could do something for you…to help you go whatever crazy Machiavellian plan your grandmother had decided to put you through… she told me looking straight in my eyes and I couldn’t help but look towards the girls. – I didn’t tell them anything…I wasn’t sure you wanted me to plus I don’t know either what’s going on so … I just told them you had a tough day… I thought…

- You thought very well Hana… you have no idea how much that’s exactly what I needed…I needed you guys to be here with me…I’m feeling much better…trust me as long as you’re around me…I’m fine…I’ll be fine…

But you know you’ll always have us… you say it as we were about to part or something…I…we always be there for you no matter what happens…you know that…she said now holding my hand and waiting for me to confirm her thoughts and I nodded and as my answer wasn’t enough she felt the urge to hug me with all the force she could gather. It was overwhelming. Too overwhelming for my tears to stay still, I couldn’t hold them anymore. I cried silently as she hushed me probably after feeling my hot tears rolling down on her shoulders.

What’s going on? I heard Sue asking dangerously alarmed and coming towards us followed by Sunny silent but not less worried. I pulled off slowly and erased my tears.

- You’re crying? Spoke this time Sunny almost in a whisper and coming to my left side and putting her arms around my waist.

- I…I’m just tired…too much happened lately and I’m so happy to see you guys…I missed all of us being reunited that’s all…I said and I felt like I was not really convincing especially Subin who was looking at me with that grave expression. Well and I have my period as well… I added to what they all nodded widely in relieve, as they knew how much I am a whiner when it’s my week and I felt happy no one dug further.  We spent the rest of the evening cuddling, talking, laughing, reminiscing, and confessing mostly about superficial concerns. I didn’t know what exactly was about to happen at that time and for the first time in a ver long time I just didn’t care. No matter what life had in store for me, I was ready to face it, as long as I had them, I would be ready to face anything.