Chapter 8

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoochun uses the spare keycard that Jaejoong had given him after they had checked in last night and walks into Jaejoong’s room only to come up short. His eyes widen and his jaw drops at the sight that greets him.

Jaejoong and Changmin are in bed together with Changmin’s body curled around Jaejoong’s. Both are shirtless, but with the bed sheets covering up everything else, Yoochun can’t be sure they aren’t completely .
Snapping out of his momentary shock, Yoochun pulls out his phone with a smirk and snaps a picture of them. You never know when you’ll need good blackmail material. He puts his phone away before making his way over to Jaejoong’s side of the bed. Grabbing his shoulder and gently shaking him awake. He tries hard to suppress his laughter as Jaejoong slowly begins to wake up.

Jaejoong slowly cracks open a single eye to see who would dare wake him up from the best night’s sleep he’d had in almost a week, only to find a blur of a person standing over him. Closing it again, he then tries to rub the sleep from his eyes and looking again, this time finding a grinning Yoochun standing over him instead of a blob. “What,” he asks by way of greeting.

“Is there something you’d like to tell me,” Yoochun questions back with a smirk.
The question helps Jaejoong push off the last dregs of sleep and has him instantly remembering the person sleeping next to him. Glancing over at Changmin, he slowly and carefully gets out of the bed, grabs Yoochun’s wrist and pulls him into Changmin’s room.
He closes the door behind them and notices Yoochun staring at his boxers with disappointment. Snapping his fingers at him to regain his attention, Jaejoong glares at him. “You knew didn’t you,” he accuses instead of trying to explain why Changmin was in his bed.
“Knew what,” Yoochun asks with fake innocence.
“Cut the crap Yoochun. You knew that Changmin was starting to question his orientation and that’s why you tried to make him one of my targets.”
He shrugs off Jaejoong’s apparent irritation, “Maybe I caught him staring at you a few times. Not to mention that when we went to the bath that time I caught him stealing glances at some of the more attractive guys there, even though it was obvious he was trying really hard not to.” Yoochun smiles coyly at Jaejoong, “So, are you going to tell me what happened or do I have to go wake him up and get the details from him?”
“Sorry to disappoint you, but all we did was kiss,” he says continuing to glare at him. “Plus maybe you should consider learning a bit of discretion yourself since it didn’t seem to take much for him to figure out that you’re gay.”
That makes Yoochun do a double take.
“Yeah that’s right,” says Jaejoong while looking smug. “Now wouldn’t it be a shame if Junsu found out before you’re ready to tell him yourself.”
“You wouldn’t dare.”
Jaejoong rolls eyes at the menace in Yoochun’s voice, “Oh please, you know that’s not my style, but Changmin can be downright manipulative and vindictive when he wants to be. It’s him you need to worry about if he finds out about what you tried to do.”
Yoochun visibly shivers at the thought. Changmin might be the youngest of their group, but he was also considered the smartest of them and knew how to get what he wanted. There was a reason they had given him the nickname of evil genius.
“So what are you going to do about Changmin,” asks Yoochun crossing his arms and leaning against the door. “I mean, does he know about you being in love with Yunho? He’s made his move and confessed to liking you, so what are you gonna do now?”
Jaejoong shrugs and runs a hand through his hair with a sigh. “I don’t know. Knowing Changmin and based on what he said last night, he probably has his suspicions. What do you think I should do?”
“You want my honest opinion?”
Jaejoong nods his head yes.
“I think you should give Changmin a chance. Now hear me out,” he says when it looks like Jaejoong is going to argue. “It doesn’t look like Yunho is going to come around any time soon, so maybe it’s time to move on. You’ve been pining after him for so long now that you’ve stopped even considering really dating anyone else. Remember Heechul? He started out as one of your targets, but you two wound up getting really close and he fell hard for you.”
“What are you getting at,” Jaejoong asks impatiently, not wanting to remember the hurt in Heechul’s eyes when he’d turned him down when he’d wanted to make their relationship an exclusive one.
“I’m saying that you cared about him, but you wouldn’t even let yourself try and get serious with him because of the torch you’re carrying for Yunho.”
Jaejoong doesn’t know how to respond to Yoochun’s statement. He was right about what had happened with Heechul, he’d cared about him, but he hadn’t let himself fall for him because of Yunho. He still felt guilty about hurting Heechul because he hadn’t realized until it was too late that Heechul had fallen for him. But could Yoochun be right about Jaejoong’s unrequited feelings for Yunho getting in the way of him possibly being happy with someone else? Jaejoong sighs and asks, “Would you be able to move on if Junsu turned you down?”
Yoochun almost flinches at the question, but tries to cover it up by shrugging his shoulders, “I’m not going to lie, if he did I’d be upset for a while. However, I’d like to believe that yes, I would try to move on.” Yoochun places a hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder and gives it a squeeze, “I’m serious though, give Changmin a chance. Don’t just push him away like you did with Heechul, and who knows, you two might turn out to be perfect for each other.”
Jaejoong sighs and sits down on the bed while rubbing his hands over his face before looking up at Yoochun again. “Sometimes I can’t help but think that our lives would have been so much easier if we’d just fallen for each other when we found out that we were both gay. I mean everyone already calls us soulmates,” Jaejoong says rolling his eyes.
Yoochun laughs and moves to sit next to him, “Maybe. I mean we are great in bed together after all.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter