Chapter 7

Love is Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter contains Jaemin. I'm going to rate this chapter pg-13 because of what happens at the end of this chapter and I don't think I need to tag it as rated m.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Friday finally arrives Jaejoong is on edge. While he isn’t sitting right next to Yunho, he might as well be, since Changmin sitting between them is all that’s separating them. Changmin’s excitement is palpable and Jaejoong tries to be excited as well, but that’s kind of hard to do when Yunho won’t even look at him. 
Once Yunho had taken his seat he put in his earbuds and closed his eyes, like he was going to sleep. Only Jaejoong knows better. Yunho’s body is stiff with tension, his jaw set, and every now and then Jaejoong notices his left eye twitching.
It’s going to be a long flight, is all Jaejoong can think as the plane begins to make its way down the runway.

####################################

Changmin can’t wait to go out and explore Japan after settling into their hotel rooms, but the others are already half asleep from jetlag. Not wanting to go out alone he goes to see if he can convince Jaejoong to go with him. Knocking on their adjoining door once Changmin lets himself into Jaejoong’s room.
Jaejoong is already unpacking his suitcase and is in the middle of hanging up his clothes when Changmin walks in. “Hey Min. What’s up?” Jaejoong asks him over his shoulder.
“I wanna go out, but everybody else is half asleep, so I was wondering if you would come with me hyung. The desk clerk said there’s a really great bar just down the street and I really want to try some Japanese sake.”
Jaejoong looks back over at Changmin only to see him giving him the puppy dog pout that he had taught him all those years ago when they were kids. Why did I teach him that look again? He silently asks himself. Oh yeah, because I thought he would look cute. Jaejoong had been right about it being cute, but it wasn’t until later when Changmin used the look on the others that Jaejoong realized what a mistake he had made. No one could seem to say no to Changmin when he used that face; that is, except for Jaejoong.
“You keep forgetting that I’m the one that taught you that look so it doesn’t work on me. I don’t know why you keep trying, but sure. I could use a drink after that flight.”


Two hours and several drinks later Changmin is drunk and Jaejoong is pleasantly buzzed and on the verge of being tipsy when Changmin asks, “Hey Jae, what’s up with you and Yunho hyung lately? You two have been dancing around each other for the past week.”

Knowing that it won’t do any good to lie to Changmin because even drunk he would know, he simply tells him that he and Yunho weren’t seeing eye to eye and were just having trouble being around each other lately. It wasn’t a lie, Yunho hadn’t spoken to him since that morning that Jaejoong had told him what happened, but Changmin didn’t need to know the details. 
“Would you be mad if I told you that I’m kind of glad that you two are fighting,” asks Changmin while looking down at the table.
That statement makes Jaejoong look over at him to find Changmin blushing. “No, but it does make me confused and curious. What do you mean by that?”
“It’s just, I don’t know, you two are pretty much always together and sometimes I feel like we don’t ever get to hang out, just the two of us. I don’t know,” he says leaning his head on Jaejoong’s shoulder, “I guess I’m jealous.”


Jaejoong lay in his bed that nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter