Imagine #1: Jealousy

Mingyu Imagines

Mingyu sipped his self made iced coffee while having his eyes glued to you. You pretended not to notice him and continued talking to Seungcheol. Your heart was beating fast, anxiety got the hold of you and your bare hands started to sweat.

"You okay?" - Seungcheol realised that your eyes were twitching uncontrollably.

"Err huh..?" - you became more nervous.

He then placed his right hand on your forehead gently. A loud thud was heard and it disturbed the situation. You both automatically turned around. It happened to be Mingyu putting down his cup of coffee. He stirred his coffee while watching the ice cubes in it melt slowly. Seungcheol seemed puzzled.

"Is he mad?" - he murmured, looking really quizzical.

You shrugged slightly, unsure how to answer him. He walked towards Mingyu calmly but he suddenly stopped in the middle of his way. He turned and looked at you standing at the same spot, still in silence. He then pulled you along with him.

"Bruh I didn't notice you were here." - Seungcheol grinned.

"Now you do." - Mingyu giggled sarcastically.

There were four chairs around the coffee table. Seungcheol was sitting right in front of Mingyu. You had no choice but to seat beside Seungcheol.

"Anyway we two were talking about setting a new trend for our next comeback.. We also talked about hairstyles. That got us reminded of you and fortunately you are here...." - Seungcheol spoke to Mingyu as he flipped the fashion magazine that you brought.

While Seungcheol was looking at the magazine, trying to find something to show, Mingyu was glaring at you. His glare was deep. It was like he was staring at your soul. You avoided his eye contact.

"Mingyu look at this one! This hairstyle will look pretty well on me right?" - Seungcheol asked.

As soon as Seungcheol started to speak again, Mingyu looked away from you instantly. But he looked back at you whenever Seungcheol was unaware of the tension you and him had. You were pretty sure that he was not focusing on what Seungcheol was talking about.

"This is awkward." - you thought.

Seungcheol was happily talking about how some of the hairstyles on the magazine would suit him until he realised that Mingyu had not been saying anything.

"Umm Mingyu? Are you even listening?" - he questioned.

"Yes it suits you. You are handsome. You suit with any hairstyles, coups." - Mingyu continued to stir his iced coffee.

"You okay? You seemed annoyed." - Seungcheol face turned serious.

Mingyu became aware of his feelings taking control of him. He tried to ease the situation.

"I'm sorry. I'm just on my period." - he tried to make a joke out of the little mess he made.

"Hahaha did Wonwoo ignore you again today?" - Seungcheol joked spontaneously.

All he received back was a scowl from Mingyu.

"Okay.. Okay, I get it. Jeonghan has been ignoring me too." - Seungcheol responded.

"It's not that coups-" - Mingyu could not finish his sentence.

"I know haha we all have those moody moments. Go drink more coffee and you'll be okay." - he patted Mingyu's back.

"I wish." - Mingyu looked at you.

Ofcourse, Seungcheol was not aware every time Mingyu landed his eyes on you. Seungcheol stood up.

"I gotta go now, gym session about to start in half an hour..", Seungcheol turned at you, "Do you want me to send you back?"

"I..." - you were about to say something.

"Send her back??" - Mingyu's eyes turned wide.

"I mean, back to the style studio." - Seungcheol replied.

"Oh." - Mingyu thought Seungcheol wanted to send you home.

"Why Mingyu? Can't I send her back home too?" - he smirked.

"Huh? Haha why not." - Mingyu seemed uncomfortable.

"Err coups, it's okay. I can go back there on my own." - you smiled at Seungcheol.

"Okay take care while you're on your own. It's going to be dark soon." - Seungcheol gave a genuine smile back to you that could actually melt an entire iceberg.

"Dark? It's only 4...", Mingyu glanced at his watch, "4:33pm coups."

"Ya I know but it gets dark faster nowadays.", Seungcheol explained, "Ahh I gotta go now. See you tomorrow."

He smiled at you again.

"You don't wanna see me tomorrow?" - Mingyu seemed slightly happy that Seungcheol was going to leave.

"Oh see you too." - Seungcheol said while walking towards the door.

You walked out along with him too. As soon as you were about to leave the place with Seungcheol, you received a message....from who else, Mingyu.

|| Wait for me you pabo. || (the message)

"Erm coups, you can go first. I err I need to go somewhere else to settle some stuff." - you gave an excuse.

He nodded with his charming smile and you two went opposite ways. After eyeing on Seungcheol leaving the area, you went back in the same place just to catch Mingyu staring at you AGAIN.

"Stop. Your stare is giving me anxiety. You know I'm not good at handling anxie-" - your sentence was disturbed by him.

"What are you doing with coups?" - he asked.

"We were just talking.." - you answered, looking down at your shoes because looking at your shoes was way better than looking at Mingyu's stare.

"Talking? Ugh I'm so done with you." - he carried his already empty cup to the sink.

"Good to know. I shall leave now or I'll get scolded for arriving late at the studio." - you muttered as you left.

Mingyu just watched you leave while still holding onto his coffee cup. You were rather disappointed. Disappointed that you still did not know if Mingyu was into you. Or if Mingyu was just playing with you. You knew that you and him had something going on but you were just unsure about it. Plus, you were just a stylist assistant intern who were working for his company. It had been months since you knew Mingyu but you still could not understand his body language. You just could not.

After the day ended, you were on your bed, getting all comfy. Thinking of the work you had made you stress so you pushed them aside. But that just made you think of what had happened that day. You gave out a very deep sigh. Without even realising, tears slowly rolled down your cheeks. Not tears of sadness lol those were tears of tiredness. You yawned.

"Beep." - your phone vibrated out of the blue.

|| I am sorry that I make you feel this way. I just....idk. Idk if I should confess. But you are feeling the same way too right? You know I have been admiring you ever since I met you. Why couldn't you just ask me if I'm into you or not? Oh wait, I'm the one who has to make the move here. I'm sorry, again. Yes. I like you. I really like you. I really really like you. Bring the same magazine that you brought for coups. I wanna see those hairstyles coups was talking about. See you tomorrow hun :) ||

You smiled, reading his long message. It was literally short but it was the longest text message you had received from him.

 

Songs of the week: I Really Like You - Carly Rae Jepsen / Love Talk - Kisum x Hwasa