Imagine #2: Different

Mingyu Imagines

|♢| Your pov |♢|

I looked out to the window. The large clouds were moving towards me. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became pitter-patter. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water.

"I should be sleeping in this kind of weather." - I sighed as I flipped through my math revision book.

Suddenly, a mysterious guy with a neat suit walked pass and the smell of his strong perfume woke me up from my sleepiness. He might be a businessman, walking around in a suit with a smell of an expensive perfume.

"Businessman? Right." - I thought after noticing his messy hair.

He went to the dictionary section. As he turned around smoothly, his sharp eyes landed on the books like he was going to eat them.

"Wait. Isn't he Wonwoo.." - I was extremely shocked.

A member of a well known group that debuted months ago was right there in front of me! My friend liked him so much but I was the lucky one. I got to know him and his group from my friend. At that moment, I was starstruck. I did not find him cute when I looked at his pictures but damn he looked stunning in real life.

I was glad to know that the library was more than half empty. It would be comfortable for an idol like him to read or study in a peace environment without disturbance.

After taking a book or two, he slowly walked to an empty seat not far from the book shelves and sat down gently. His elegance filled the library completely. I did not know how to describe his beautiful presence.

"No wonder she (my friend) likes him so much." - I mumbled.

I started searching for my phone in my bag to take a few photos of him. But unfortunately, my phone's battery was as low as my feelings for studying.

"Really now?" - I whined, feeling absolutely hopeless.

"Now, nobody is gonna believe that I saw Wonwoo." - I sighed again.

I did not even bring my phone charger.

As Wonwoo was diligently reading a book, an unknown guy approached him. He put a long black thick coat on the seat beside Wonwoo's and left it there. That coat must have been Wonwoo's. Not long after, the same guy came back with a cup of coffee and placed it on the table. Wonwoo thanked him and then continued focusing on the book. The guy left once again.

Wonwoo must have just finished a performance, judging by the outfit he wore. And that unknown guy must have been his manager. But why was he alone? Why did he not study with the other members? A number of questions piled up in my mind.

"What am I doing? I should be studying." - I muttered to myself as I flipped open my book.

I reached out for my calculator in my bag but I felt something else. I took it out and it was....

"Oh, my polaroid!" - I remembered.

My classmate returned my polaroid camera in the morning. She borrowed it a few days ago for a project. And it still had some polaroids left in it. I felt lucky. Really lucky. I was about to secretly snap a photo of Wonwoo until he took his steps leisurely to the book shelves. AGAIN.

The weather was becoming colder and the air conditioner in the library was making it worse. I looked across the room and at Wonwoo's table. His cup of coffee remained untouched.

"His coffee will get cold quickly. Where is he?" - I wondered.

He then appeared again but this time, he made himself comfortable on a bean bag at a reading spot even closer to mine. My heart skipped a beat. My eyes could not stop staring at his perfect face. His thick attractive eyebrows, his thin almond eyes and his concrete jawline. I honestly liked what I saw. He caught me staring at him and gave out a friendly smile.

I DIED.......in the inside.

Embarrassed, I looked away and burried my face in my book. I did not know what to do and I could not focus on my studies as well.

I felt DIFFERENT.

I was never the type to fall in love really easily but the amount of admiration I had for him overflowed like a small fountain. His appearance, his gestures and his existence. Everything about him seemed perfect.

I slightly covered my polaroid camera with my book and prepared to snap some photos. I waited for the right moment. I pressed the camera button. It came with a flash.

"Oh ." - I forgot that the polaroid camera had an automatic flash.

Wonwoo glanced at me. I put away my camera and continued hiding my face in my book. There was no point explaining why there was a flash. I made it too obvious that I took a photo of him. I took a quick peek at him and he was giggling adorably. That small giggle of his gave me anxiety omg he was so cute. The photo came out pretty well though. The awkwardness made me stare at the window of the library with my revision book still on my face.

Without knowing, I dozed off...

I woke up just to find myself covered with some kind of a blanket. But when I looked closer at it, it was a long thick coat. I was no longer resting my head on the window, I was lying on a bean bag instead. I looked up and I saw Wonwoo against the window.

"Oh my god." - I realised the coat that was used as a blanket was his.

Wonwoo drank his cup of coffee that might already turn cold. His alluring eyes were still glued to the book. Looking at the book up close, it was a dictionary, an english dictionary.

"You fell asleep right there. So I covered you up with my coat. You might get a cold by just dozing off without a blanket." - his voice was as deep as the ocean.

"Oh. I'm s-sorry. And thank you for. Umm. For letting me use. Your. Err your.. Coat. As. My.....blanket?" - I stuttered.

"Sure." - he genuinely smiled.

I folded his coat nicely and handed it to him. He giggled again.

"You don't have to fold it for me." - his deep voice sounded so sweet at the same time.

My heart was not the only thing that exploded.

He stood up, realising his manager was waiting for him. Before he left...

"Thank you for accompanying me. I thought I was the only one here." - he smiled for the last time.

I smiled shyly. He walked out with his manager while holding the folded coat, the thick dictionary and the empty coffee cup. His manager was smirking at him. It seemed like he was teasing Wonwoo. His manager was not as strict as I thought.

I packed my things and my eyes spotted the polaroid photo I took of him on the wooden floor of the library. The photo had a few scribbles on it.

"Hi this is Wonwoo. How are you?" (the scribbles were written in english)

There was also a cute random drawing of a butterfly. That made me smile like crazy. I saw my black marker being scattered with other stationery from my pencil case. He actually saw the photo and used my marker to scribble on it. Was he practising his english? That was cute af. I kept everything a secret and only told my one friend about it. She was mad jealous and changed her bias to Mingyu. It was funny but I liked it that way. I was already a fan and I could not wait to meet him at their fanmeet.

It was like a dream. An unexpected one.

 

Songs of the week: Mansae - Seventeen / Oh Boy - Red Velvet