1/1

tinted white ones

Soonyoung dreaded the day he turned 21. He didn't like the thought of having soulmates, or having to find them through tattoos of flowers.

---

It has always been like that. Everyone, as they come of age, will have a tattoo on their wrists symbolizing their own soulmates. 

Most people were glad to know that they have someone to love, someone to look for, with their flowers guiding them. But sometimes, it became a symbol of lost love. Tattoos of wilt flowers would mean your soulmate died before you even saw them. And faded ones would mean your soulmate already loved someone.

---

A fading blue cornflower.

That's the flower that appeared on Soonyoung's wrist. He was supposed to be sad, but he wasn't.

---

Soonyoung started dating Wonwoo. They were an unlikely pair, with one's interests contrasting the other. But they had one thing in common.
Faded tattoos.

They didn't show each other's tattoos. It was some sort of unspoken language between people who had faded ones. And Wonwoo seemed to be sensitive about it, so Soonyoung acted the same hid his under his wristband. 

---

For Soonyoung, these tattoos were worthless, and gave fake sense of hope to everyonewho wants to be loved. Why would anyone want to see a faded tattoo? Why would you want a tattoo if you're just gonna see a wilt one for forever if your soulmate dies? 

Why would his mom want that?

---

Three months later, Soonyoung finds out that Wonwoo lied. 

"I'm sorry Soonyoung, I thought... I thought he was growing out of our love, and.. and waited for my tattoo to fade, but it never happened." Wonwoo said as he showed him his tattoo. A sunflower.

"Maybe it isn't too late for yours." Wonwoo added. He looked sad. But glad at the same time.

---

Soonyoung meets Jihoon at the same bar he and Wonwoo met. That moment they have locked their gazes at each other, they knew. 

 

Jihoon did all the talking that night. He mentioned that Soonyoung was a yellow astilbe. He said that he had always wondered what flower matches his personality, but he never asked Soonyoung to show him his wrist. 

At the end of he night, Jihoon gave Soonyoung his number. The latter accepted but paid no attention. He didn't need anything. He didn't need anyone.

 

That night, Soonyoung saw that his tattoo had a plain white color.

---

A 5 year old Soonyoung liked flower tattoos.

"Mom, what if my tattoo fades?" 
"Then it would mean your soulmate had loved somebody, and would never like you back."
"What if I get a faded one then?"
"Well, a faded tattoo is bad, but if you see it having a new color, it means your soulmate got over it, or that person suffered. It was rare, but they it was true."
"So do I need to love that person more?"
"Of course dear. Everyone deserves to be loved."

---

Days later, Jihoon sees wilt and faded orange astilbe and slashed white cornflowers.