002

Living With The 13 Idiots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’ll be out for an hour to do some grocery shopping. Take good care of your little brother for me, okay?”

“Yes mom!” You smiled and instantly went beside your brother’s crib. “Hanwoo-yah~” You cooed as you shake his rattle. He giggled and tried to stand up as he holds on to the side railings.

“Aigoo what a strong man you are!” You praised at your 11-month old brother reaching out for you.  You put him in your arms and rocked him side to side. He giggles one more time and started blabbering some baby words.

“I know you love me. I love you too!” You pinched his nose and kissed his big cheeks. You set him down on his walker and started playing with him.

“Ah you caught me!” You pretended to frown and he claps in glee.

Time flies by so fast that you didn’t even notice it’s been two hours since your mom was gone. You were putting Hanwoo to sleep in his crib when your nose picks up an awful smell.

You went to the kitchen as you tracked the smell. Was that the smell of gas? You weren’t so sure. You were only 14 and you never even tried cooking before.

You can hear the door clicked open. “Mo—” It was your dad. He was swaying as he walks towards the couch. You went nearer to him and the smell of alcohol lingers on him. Slowly, you backed away. He wasn’t the nicest when he’s drunk.

A few moments later, you mom was home and you quickly walk to her.

“Ya!” Your dad then stood up and looked really angry as he pointed your mother. His sudden loud voice made Hanwoo stir awake and cry.

Your mom was about to attend to him when she also smelled something awful. “Oh god I think the gas is leaking.” She quickly run to the kitchen so you instead put Hanwoo in your arms again to calm him down.

“I wasn’t done talking to you! Ya!” Your dad hollered and walks his was towards the kitchen. “Look at me!”

When your mom was still ignoring him, busy trying to figure out where the gas was leaking, he pulled out his pack of cigarette from his pocket. You always hated it when he smokes inside the house but he never really cared.

“This won’t do. I should call someone—”

And in an instant, an explosion erupted and your eyes then popped open and your body quickly sat up. You were gasping for air as cold sweat drips form your forehead. It took you a good minute before realizing it was just a dream, a nightmare. It was once real but ever since then, it has always haunted you in your sleep.

You ran your trembling fingers to your hair as those scenes kept playing in your mind. It was such a tragic accident that you had hoped never happened.

You unconsciously touched your right shoulder, still bearing that scar from the fire underneath your shirt.

You went down the stairs to find something to drink. You needed water as your mouth is all dried up.

You opened the fridge and gulped down a bottle of water, and another.

“Minhae?”

You got startled and the half empty bottle ended up on the floor. “S…S..Sorry…” You tried to look for the tissues in the dark to wipe the floor dry.

S.Coups opened the lights and it made you startled once more. Somehow, he found you quite jumpy.

“Is everything alright?”

“Y..Yeah….”

He stepped closer to you as you quickly wiped the floor but your panicky self tried to not have any eye contact with him.

“Look at me.” He yanked you up but still, you tried your best to not look at him.

“I’ll….I’ll be heading up.” You turned your heels but he instantly grabbed your wrist and turned you to face him again. He caught your eyes and knew from then you just cried.

You gulped and just remained silent.

“You know you can tell me everything, right? Is there something bothering you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter