On The Brink Of Death

Error Code N

 'Aren't you N's doctor, what do you mean you have to tell us about his condition?' Ken questioned the tall male that was standing in the doorway.

'Doctor isn't the right term but I guess you can say that, to be honest, I don't know what I am to him. You can say that I'm in charge of looking after him and making sure he's in perfect health.' Seokjin replied.

The 5 males that were standing around the hospital bed seemed confused and didn't understand what Seokjin was talking about. They wanted to know, they needed to know, they couldn't lose this friend. 

' We should move to anotherlocationn, I'll explain everything there.' Seokjin said and motioned for the group to to leave the room following them behind, leaving a unconscious N laying blissfully on the bed. 

 ________________________________________________________________

Currently, the 5 males were sitting in a car in which Seokjin was driving. The drive was long, and took them out of the city, the skyscrapers and buildings became smaller and smaller and they drove further away. The journey was quiet, noone talked, it was 3am in the morning. Everyone seemed tired but all refused to sleep, they couldn't sleep, they were filled with worry. Worry about whether or not their friend was going to die, how long he had left. Numerous of questions were in their heads. What would they do without him? 

_______________________________________________________________

Back at the hospital, N was missing.

_______________________________________________________________

After another hour of driving, Seokjin finally pulled up to what seemed a science institute. 

'Don't we work here?' Hyuk turned to Hongbin and questioned.

'Come on in, I'll explain everything.' Seokjin motioned the boy to enter as he opened the doors.

Seokjin lead the 5 to a room that was on the top floor. The jestured for them to sit around the table as he closed the door.

'So you all want to know about N's condition.'

They all nodded in unison.

'Where do I begin? Okay... So I should start with... N is not exactly person. He was an experiment, an experiment to conserve a person's memories after they die. I guess you now want to know, why N? Well, a couple of years ago, 6 people got into a car crash, 5 of them had severe injuries in which some caused them all the have memory loss. They forgot everything that happened before the crash. Fortunately, the 5 did remember each other but somehow non of them remembered the last person. Fortunate might not be the correct term but in a way it was good that non of them remembered the last person because that person, was not so lucky and had the worse impact, they were dying.

At that time, myself and some colleagues were doing investigations of preserving memories, and at that time I was working at the hospital they were admitted to. The person agreed to the experiment and shortly we moved him here, where we conducted several test on them. Non of the test  caused them pian though. After several weeks of failing and remodifications, we were finally able to preserve that person's memory. However, due the crash, the person had already lost parts of their memory, unlike the 5 which remembered who they and each other were, this person couldn't remember who anyone was. They remembered events perfectly but couldn't remember who it happened with. With that aside, the experiment was successful. 

I bet you are now wondering, who 6th person was and what that has got to do with all of you.

The experiment was called Error Code N and the 6th person was also called Hakyeon. That Hakyeon was also your friend.

I know that this is a lot to take in but seeing N's condition he doesn't have long and you all needed to know the truth.'

With that, Ken, Hyuk, Hongbin, Ravi and Leo all sat there is shock. They had no memory of the crash, that didn't even remember being in hospital. What Seokjin had told them they hoped was a lie but seeing how serious he was and how it perfectly explained N's condition (A/N: doctors at hospital couldn't explain this condition and non of them knew what was wrong with him as it had never been a condition that has happened).

Suddenly, Ken's phone rang. 

'Hello?'

'Hello, this is the hospital calling is that Mr Ken I'm speaking to?'

'Yes, it is.'

'Hello, uhm, I don't know how to put this but, Mr Hakyeon is missing.'

'Missing? Okay, thank you for calling, I'm coming right now.'

____________________________________________________________

The 6 males finally arrived at the hospital, the journey was a lot shorter than the car journey, because this time they took s helicopter. (Why they didn't take it the first time? Seokjin didn't think of that. )

As they arrived at the room N was supposed to stay in, just as the nurses had said, N was not laying in the bed and was in fact missing.

The hospital staff had looked everywhere for him but there was no sign or evidence of where he was or had been. With N in his current situation, noone could remain calm, they all looked called on the outside but inside, they were all screaming.

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: woooo, another chapter. Two chapters in a month? That's so rare XD But yeah, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I think this is the longest chapter I've wrote. I don't even know anymore. Hope you are all doing well ^^