Chapter 6

Bloody Kiss

Heechul who was also beginning to lose his consciousness could sense an enormous amount of power coming from Jaejoong as he struggled to stand up and stepped forward to defend his master. He was gasping for air as blood continues to drip from his mouth and open flesh. Jaejoong looked at Heechul with true hatred that someone Yunho treasured so much will stab him. Yunho was willing to trade his life for Heechul's freedom. Jaejoong have spent so many years watching over Yunho making sure no harms come to him and yet right before his eyes, Yunho was stabbed. This to Jaejoong is unforgiveable, he will rip heechul apart even if Yunho protested.

“A human who is near death should just go and die quietly at the corner..." Jaejoong glared turning Heechul's body numb.

"For someone who no longer have any humanity left trully deserve what is coming...you Heechul...deserved to die..."

Without any warning, Jaejoong took off from where he was standing and headed toward Rain in a speed of light. Heechul prepare himself to defend his master till the very end but Rain had other plan. He grabbed onto Heechul and pulled him back as he falls to the ground a few feet away. With his bare hand Rain was able to stop Jaejoong’s attack but Jaejoong was not going to wait as he continues for a second attack.

“You know you can’t kill me Jaejoong! You and I are the same; there isn’t anything that can kill us!” Rain chuckled in excitement. Jaejoong only ignored him as he rushed toward Rain and swing his arm but he dodged the attack. Even though Rain is strong, Jaejoong is faster.

Rain was barely given enough time to strike back and this was starting to annoy him. He used his power and sent Jaejoong flying but Jaejoong only used the wall to bounce back at Rain. They fought as Yunho and Heechul watched; it wasn’t like anything they have ever seen before. To them it was like witnessing a battle between gods.

“You may be fast Jaejoong! But I am far stronger!” Rain shouted as he pushed Jaejoong back. The nails on his fingers begin to grow as Rain changed form. His hair grew longer as two long white teeth begin to grow.

“You can’t win Jaejoong!!” Rain shouted happily “while you were walking around watching your humans…I have been practicing, becoming stronger!”

Yunho and Rain started to fight once more. Yunho could see across the room where Heechul sat with his hand over the open wound Jaejoong has caused. There was no much blood as Heechul panted.

“Why…why did it have to end this way?...” Yunho wondered as happy memories begin to flash before his eyes “why didn’t you tell me Heechul? If I knew you were sick, I would have done everything I can to help you? You didn’t have to fall into darkness…”

Anger and sadness mix together filling Yunho as he clinched his fist tightly that the one person he treasure most will be the one who betray him. Just as jaejoong was about to block Rain’s attack, Rain quickly changed hand. His fist collided with jaejoong’s chest sending him flying back to the ground as he slides to a stop just a few inches away from Yunho.

“jae?...”

Jaejoong groan in pain before sitting up and wipe the blood from his lip “…to think the day where Rain will have the upper hand finally appear…”

“A-are you okay?” Yunho asked surprising himself that he actually cares enough to ask the well-being of his enemy.

Jaejoong only flashed Yunho a smile to assure him that everything will be alright but Yunho can see the pain behind that smile. Jaejoong forced his body to stand up as pain traveled throughout his body but he ignores it. The place where Rain hit was throbbing making it hard to breath without feeling the pain. If it was a normal human being, the rib cage would have shattered. But no matter what happen Yunho cannot die. Jaejoong is bonded by the promise he had made centuries ago. Even if he dies here today, he will bring Rain down with him to hell.

“Gave it up jaejoong ah! Just admit that you won’t be able to beat me!!”

“For once can you just shut up…your conceited way of talking is very annoying…”

“I’ll give you a chance Jaejoong…a chance to redeem yourself…if you pledge loyalty to me…I’ll spare your life…”

“That is a lovely offer however I will have to decline…the last thing I want is to be loyal to a ert…”

The smile on Rain’s face disappear as he glares with anger that even at the last moment, Jaejoong will still choose a human then him. If he can’t have Jaejoong then he will just eliminate him so no one will be able to have him. Rain charged toward jaejoong as he blocked the attack. The strength however was strong forcing Jaejoong to step back and jump away from Rain. But before he could reposition himself for an attack, Rain as struck him first. Yunho’s eyes widen in shock as Rain’s hand pierced Jaejoong’s flesh. Jaejoong coughed blood as expression of pain reflected upon his face.

“This is the end Jaejoong…I hope you love it in hell” he grin with confident that this is his win.

Jaejoong grasped Rain’s hand that has entered his flesh. With blood dripping down from the corner of his lips, it curved into a smile.

“you sure are confident aren’t you…”

Rain stared at him as his eyes widen in shock. This whole time he thought he was winning was all an act. Jaejoong wasn’t using his full strength. He purposely let rain win, purposely let himself get wounded in order to trap him. Rain has forgotten that Jaejoong was a cunning man with many risky tricks up his sleeves. Everything within Rain was shouting at him to part way, separate as far away from jaejoong as possible. He tried to remove his hand however jaejoong wouldn’t let go.

“Why are you running away? I thought you wanted to be close to me…wasn’t it your dream to enter inside me…well…your dream came true did it now…” Jaejoong grin

“l-let go jaejoong” Rain found himself stuttering with fear from the grin on his face and the golden glow of his eyes.

Jaejoong however wouldn’t let go “aww…why are you suddenly becoming so fearful…It’s not like I’m going to do anything…”

Rain could feel jaejoong pushing further toward him as his hand begin to dig deeper into his flesh. Before Rain knew it, jaejoong has reach out and grasped Rain’s face in his slender hand. The coldness sent a icy chill into Rain numbing his body from head to toe. Rain tried to escape but his body wouldn’t move. His body was completely numbed that even his brain wasn’t functioning right. Jaejoong leans further until his lip is inches away from Rain’s ear. He whispered something to Rain which would not be heard by Yunho or Heechul. His pink lips curved into another sinister smile before it parted revealing his long white fangs.

“W-wait jaejoong! I beg of you don’t do it?!” Rain shouted “its taboo!! You can’t break the rule that was placed to bond us!!”

“Right now that is the least I will concern about…” was all jaejoong said before he bite down onto Rain’s neck. He shouted loudly in pain as he desperately tries to get Jaejoong away from him. With all his strength, he manages to pull away before stepping back creating space. With a flesh wound on Jaejoong chest, cover in blood he still stands on his feet with a grin plastered on his face. Rain's blood dripped from his lips as the white fangs turn blood rain.

“How does it feel Rain?...you were so confident in winning that you have forgotten something very important…”

Rain continues to glare at Jaejoong as a burning sensation begins to surface from with him. It felted like he is being burn alive from the inside out.

“It is true that nothing can harm us however…the only thing that can kill us is each other…my bite is as deadly as your bite is to me…”

Rain cursed at Jaejoong and cursed at himself for being careless. Large amounts of pain traveled throughout his body as the air he breathes begin to disappear. Rain begins to gasp and his body started to shake.

“C-curse you Jaejoong!” Rain shouted “This isn’t over!! He will find you and he will punish you for this!!” Rain shouted as his body burns as orange lights begin to show from within his skin. A few seconds later he turned into ash after a painful and agonizing scream.

Jaejoong’s nails return to normal as his teeth disappear and his hair changed back to normal. He can feel his body getting weaker because he had used too much power in the weak state he was in. His body has taken too much damage that he can barely keep his balance. Jaejoong soon collapsed to the ground in exhaustion as the room is filled with silence. Rain is now gone as all his servants and minions begin to disappear one by one. Hojoon and Yoochun paused as they looked around unsure what just happen. Once minute they were fighting a losing battle and the next thing they knew, all the vampires turn to dust. Meanwhile Yunho is still lying on the floor in his own pool of blood while hanging onto life while Jaejoong could barely stand up. The color of his face has gotten paler as he is covered in blood from head to toe. The large wound in his chest was not closing, making it hard for Jaejoong to breathe properly.

“I won’t forgive you…” Heechul spoke as he slowly stood up “I won’t forgive you!!!”

He grabbed the knife and headed toward an exhausted Jaejoong when the sound of gunshot echoed throughout the room. Heechul felt a sharp pain on his shoulder as he notices Yunho is still conscious holding onto his gun.

“I see…so in the end you will shoot your own partner to protect the life of a vampire” Heechul smile bitterly as he placed his hand upon his injure shoulder.

“You are no longer my partner Heechul…you chose your side…” spoke Yunho through painful breathe

Heechul let out a chuckled before standing up “This isn’t the end…I will not let it end this way…just you wait Yunho…I will make you both feel the same way I am feeling now…to have your most important person taken from you…”

Heechul turn into a bat and flew away through the open window. Yunho dropped his gun as he no longer has any more strength to hold it. It took all the strength he had left to pull the trigger and now he could barely keep his eyes open. He couldn’t believe it that this is the way he will be leaving this world. It because he had just accomplished his dream of becoming an elite. He was only able to wear this badge for a day before dying from a mere knife wound. It’s kind of laughable when he really thinks about it. Losing both his life and the partner he treasured in one day and to make matter worst, he actually saved a vampire. Yunho closed his eyes and waited for death to come when he felt a hand upon his forehead. It was cold but yet it felted gentle and soft with its own kind of warmth.

Jaejoong took his own blood and dripped it upon Yunho’s wound as their blood mixed together to become one. The knife wound begins to heal as if Yunho was never stabbed. The only thing left as proof of such wound will be the blood stain clothes.

“You can’t die yet Yunho…as long as I’m alive…no harm shall come to you…just as I have promised long ago…” these were the last words Yunho heard from jaejoong before everything went silent.

When Yunho finally open his eyes, 3 days have passed since that night. He struggle to sit up as his body ached all over. He started to feel like this will become a repeat scene in his life. It took him a few minutes to register what had just taken place. He quickly looked at where Heechul had stabbed him and to his surprise there were no knife wound visible. But how can this be? He was definitely stabbed. Yunho tried to remember everything that happen that night during the raid. Could it be that Jaejoong had done something to him? At the thought of Jaejoong, Yunho remembered the fight. Even now he still couldn’t believe what he saw and what he experienced. It makes him wonder who Jaejoong really is; could Jaejoong be someone far stronger than the sires? But there isn’t any rank known to men that are higher than a sire. His thoughts begin to wonder to Heechul as he lay back against the head frame of the bed. He couldn’t believe it that Heechul had fallen into the dark side. If he would have notice Heechul’s sickness, would things have turn out different?

“You look horrible” came Hyori’s voice

Yunho quickly wipe his tears as he turns toward her “how long have I been asleep?”

“Three good days…luckily Hojoon was able to get to you on time or else we would be preparing for your funeral instead” She walked over to Yunho and sat down “I still can’t believe you, I promoted you and yet in one day you disobey orders and went off on your own…you are starting to make me regret my decision”

Yunho lower his gaze “sorry…but…there was a good reason why I ran off on my own...”

“Oh…well I would love to hear it…so I’ll have a report when I went to meet the councils tonight. After that raids, everything has become quite hectic…we were running around while you are here peacefully sleeping”

Yunho hesitated a bit before he explained everything to Hyori. He told her how Heechul was there and pretended to be under a spell however the truth is, Heechul chose to be a vampire. He told Hyori about Rain and how he dies.

“Hmmm…are you sure it was Heechul?”

“Yes…there is no way I could mistake him for anyone else…”

Hyori sigh “that explain why we weren’t able to track him in 2 years…”

“What do you plan to do? Heechul isn’t a full vampire yet, we can still save him”

Hyori looked at Yunho with a serious expression “Yunho…do you really think he will want to be save? If what you said is true, Heechul is no longer the same person we all know. He was willing to kill you for immortality…someone like that isn’t worth saving…nor is he worth your concerns”

Yunho paused “Are you guys going to hunt him down?”

“That will most likely be the case but don’t worry, we don’t plan to kill him….for now you just need to rest up”

“um Hyori …” a female voice came from the door

“What is it Yeji?”

“About that um…v-vampire you b-brought in…”

“Vampire?” Yunho look at Hyori with a questioning look “why...why did you bring that vampire here?”

“if you really were stabbed, you would have been dead. Base on all the blood on your shirt, I would guess that you would have bleed to death and yet here you are, breathing and talking. He save your life Yunho…The least we could do is save his…”

“Save?...”

Hyori looked at Yunho for a bit before speaking “Vampire blood have the ability to heal any wound have you not forgotten that important information? He used his blood to close your wound. It is something that we have only heard about so this is the first time that it actually happens….but It seems your little vampire fan boy isn’t doing too well…”

Hyori led Yunho toward a separate room located in the basement of Hellsing Corp. Only those with special permission could enter this floor. This level of Hellsing is where experiment is done and where all the confidential information is store. All the researchers, scientist and engineers work on this floor while the above floors are occupied with Hunters, administrators, practice room and etc. As they got closer to the room, Yunho could see a large group of people gathered in the hallway. Beyond the crowd, through the large glass window, Yunho was able to see Jaejoong as his heart skipped a beat.

Hyori clapped her hand together earning the attention of everyone “that’s enough gawking! Return to your work or I’ll deduct your pay”

Everyone pouted as the crowd dispersed. Yunho notice Hojoon is also there among the crowds.

“yo! Good to see that you are finally awake” Hojoon smile “you give us quite the scare, I thought for sure you were done for….how are you feeling?”

“I could be better” Yunho return a smile before turning his attention to the big glass window.

“What’s his condition?” Yunho asked Yeji who is the main doctor.

“I don’t really know what his condition is, we can’t figure out what is wrong with him. There isn’t much we can do since we are not equipped with tools to save a vampire; in fact this is the first time I got to see one up close. They don’t have pulse or heart beat for use to monitor nor do they have temperature to measure. The only thing I can say is that all his wounds are starting to heal itself so we don’t need to worry about those”

“Healing?” Hyroi raised one of her brows at Yeji

“Yes, looks like he has the ability to regenerate”

Hyori looks at the doctor in shock. There has not been a vampire for ages who has this kind of ability. Yunho on the other hand couldn't forget what he had experienced as he recalls those harsh words he had spoken about Jaejoong. Just remembering how Jaejoong fought Rain made his body trembled in fear. He recall how Jaejoong suffered protecting him made his chest tighten. The feeling of guilt was beginning to eat from from the inside. At this point he isn't sure how to treat Jaejoong, should he still point his gun at him when he wakes up or should he reach out a welcoming hand? But why would he be feeling like this? A hunter should never have a soft spot for the enemy

 “What are you planning to do with him?” Yunho asked

 “Nothing yet, for now I don’t have any intention of killing him. I can’t quite put my finger on it but he is different, the atmosphere around him are different compare to the other vampires we have encountered. If he is able to defeat this Rain guy who is as powerful as a sire then that only makes this pretty boy far more dangerous than anything we have experienced….”

“Did you mention him to the higher ups?” Yunho asked

Hyori took out a cigarette and lights it before taking a puff “If I did, he wouldn’t be lying here would he…if the higher up knows about his existence, they will tear him apart before we could even get information out him….”

Yunho turn toward Jaejoong, he remembers when Rain had asked if he would save Heechul or Jaejoong. He was confident of saving Heechul’s life but in the end the person he wishes to save almost kill him and the person he did not want to save ends up saving his life. Just looking at Jaejoong lying in front of him made him wonder why he couldn't be stronger. If was strong and thinking striaght then none of this would have happen. He felt like someone had pierced his heart with a thousand needles. .

They were in the hallway talking when they heard a loud bang not too far away. On the other side of the hallway, someone had slammed right into the wall. It was a young male in his mid 20’s wearing a white lab coat carrying some papers, books and folders. This person looks like he is in a hurry as he quickly gathers all the scattered stuff on the floor and ran toward them.

“Hyori!!” he shouted

“What now Junsu? Did you complete the homework I have given you?”

“Not only did I complete it! I did extra” he shouted happily

“who is this person?” ask Hojoon

“This is Kim Junsu, he is a well-known researcher for Hellsing. I had requested for him to come to us from the other branch. There was something I wanted him to research” Spoke Hyori

Junsu notice Jaejoong from the other side of the window and his eyes widen in excitement as he dropped all his stuff and literally glue his hand and face to the window.

“waahhh!!!...so this is the vampire you were talking about, he is much more beautiful in person!”

“about the homework I give you?..” ask Hyori as she placed her hand n her hip

Junsu turn back to face Hyori “yes! I almost forgot! I did found something very interesting; although I feel like once you learn of this, you might change your mind of keeping him”

“What do you mean?”

Junsu looks around and sees many people walking about “could we discuss this in private?”

“Very well, follow me…” Hyori turns to face Yunho “you better return to your room and rest up” she then turn to Hojoon “you watch over our little sleeping beauty and report to me if you see any sudden movement”

“Yes” spoke Hojoon.

Hyori leaded Junsu to her office upstairs as she closed the door and went to sit behind her desk.

“Now then, tell me what you found?”

“Well first of all…let me apologize for the long delay…I know you have requested this a few weeks ago but…this is the first time I have so much complication in finding someone’s background….”

“Doesn’t matter…just tell me what you find out…”

“Will your question to me was what kind of person was he before he became a vampire?...I dig through all the records we have available and let me just say…there were a LOT….anyway at first I wasn’t able to find anything relating to your vampire below….There were no matches to him…no death record nor any birth records it was as if he never existed… I looked at records dated as far back as the 1300…..there were nothing….”

“Are you telling me that there is no living record of this vampire? That’s impossible…every vampire that we have come across has a record available….”

“This is why it took me so long….I have never been so interested or so frustrated before….I literally rip the whole library apart trying to find at least one thing about this person….and that’s when I came across an old journal…” Junsu took out the journal from his stacks of books and paper. The cover of the journal has been torn and aged

“this journal was written by a young girl by the name of Jung Hee…”

Hyori begin to look through the worn out pages as Junsu continue “after reading through all the pages…I came across something interesting…she mention a young boy with beautiful black hair and big brown eyes…I thought she was just talking about her lover or her crush but then she mention his name Kim Youngwoong….” Junsu took the book from Hyori and flip through a few pages before stopping at one of the page ad handed it back to Hyori “read this section here…”

Hyori raised an eyebrow at Junsu before reading

Youngwoong didn’t come again tonight…I worry for him…I can’t help but think he is going through a tough time fighting his inner darkness. I want to help him, I want to be his pillar of light but he refuses to let me near him. On nights like these is when his thirst is strongest. I feel sad for him to have to live such a cruel life…to be given such a horrible fate…god….why must you allow such things to happen to good people…he may have sins…he may have done things that will make you condemn him but please give him a chance….he have been through enough…I want him to be able to smile…I want him to be able to understand the true meaning of life…I want to show him that the world he knows isn’t all there is…when I look at his eyes, I see emptiness…it’s so empty…so lonely and so sad…he may be violent…he may have shed many blood but he is a good person…he treated my wound…he didn’t kill me…he protected me…

Hyori stopped reading as she looks up at Junsu who has a huge grin plastered upon his face as if he is trying to hold in his excitement to continue.

“so…”

“So I did some research on this Kim Youngwoong guy out of curiosity…” said Junsu “and guess what?”

Junsu took out a worn out photo and hand it to Hyori. It was a picture of a young boy who resembles Jaejoong dressed in traditional Korean clothes.

“it’s him…” said Hyori

Junsu nodded his head “it was hard finding information on Kim Jaejoong because that wasn’t his original name…his birth name was Kim Youngwoong …born during the Joseon Dynasty…he came from a powerful merchant family who was highly respected by the king himself and other high political leaders. But his family was wrongfully accused of betraying their country. His whole family was completely murdered in cold blood. Youngwoong manage to escape but a few days later, out of revenge, Youngwoong murdered the high official who wronged his family and his entire household in the same manner…a witness said that he was like a mad man. His was smiling throughout the whole ordeal as he cut everyone open. No one was spare, even the servants suffered the same fate. it was as if a demon has been unleased. He didn’t flee nor did he try to escape when he got arrested. He was trialed and sentence to beheading. But just 2 days before he was to be beheaded, he disappears from his cell. A mass search was issue to find him but he was nowhere to be found. It was as if he had disappeared or never existed. There is only a small bared window in his cell that is too high to reach. He was placed in a tightly sealed cell where escaping was impossible and yet he disappeared. The gate was still tightly locked, there were no hidden hole anywhere and the window was perfect intact….”

“so someone helped him escape?..”

Junsu nodded his head “Do you recall the vampire name Han Woojin?”

“Who could forget him? His ring of terrors nearly whips out the human race…The west believed that Dracula was the first vampire to walk the earth but Woojin was far older then Dracula….and more powerful…” said Hyori as she paused “wait…are you saying that this Youngwoong kid was bitten by Woojin?”

“As of now that is the only theory I have…there is no proof….but if you put everything together…there is no way Youngwoong/Jaejoong is able to escape from his jail cell…there was one report from a criminal who reside in the cell next to his. According to his report, he was asleep when he heard strange noises coming from the cell next to his. As he open his eyes, he saw a dark shadow like figure holding onto something. He could see this person’s red eyes glowing and long white teeth. It looked like he was feeding on something. It was so scary that this prisoner quietly closed his eyes and pretends to sleep. The next morning, his cell mate disappeared. However this entire case was soon dropped and kept as a secret. I only manage to get all of this info through a friend of mine who is a book keeper for the government….the next bit of information will shock you even more…because all of this took place in the 1500s”

“Holy cow! That boy has lived for such a long time…it’s still amazes me how long a vampire can live… but if this is true then that mean….” Hyori’s eyes widen in shock as it finally click in her mind “he…he was part of the first blood war…!!”

“Not just that he took part in it but…he’s a first generation vampire Hyori…meaning…”

“Meaning…we just got our hand on the most important record of the vampire race…”

“He is a sacred treasure if you ask me…”

It’s still hard to swallow what she just heard from Junsu. After Han Woojin was destroyed, all the vampires under his commend were killed. It wasn’t until after Dracula came out of the darkness did vampires once again roam the land. Compare to Dracula, Woojin was more merciful, cruel and evil. Before he raised his army against the 4 great kingdoms, he usually kills every prey. He never turns any human into a vampire instead he leave a long trial of death and blood. But a few years later, there were reports of people being kill in different of the country at the same time. Woojin has chosen a few people to serve as his direct link. There weren’t any records as to how many there were from them but they were labeled as the first generation of vampires. But base on the first blood war, those vampires were as powerful as Woojin. They didn’t die but instead their wounds continue to heal. Everyone feared Woojin but they fear his direct links more due to their dark nature. Even during that era, there aren’t any clear records on Han Woojin and the vampires under him. If the council finds out that they have sleeping in their base a survivor of the first blood war…a first generation vampire…they will for sure tear him apart limb by limb.

“But…how does this Jun Hee girl come across Youngwoong?...this journal is dated just a century ago…she wasn’t around during the first blood war…”

“Based on her journal…she came across Youngwoong by accident…I don’t know if it was because he have lived for so long that he no longer have the urge to kill that made him saved her life….since then they have created a bond between them. Even after she found out that he is a vampire…she didn’t shown him or become scare of him…she remain at his side through it all....according to her last journal entry…he was there a few days before she died from old age…”

“Then…it must be because of her that he changed…we should thank her…otherwise we will be facing him head on…if he is as powerful as Woojin…I won’t want to have to fight him…”

Junsu begin to play with his finger wondering if he should mention one last piece of information that he was able to dig up. Upon seeing his strange action, Hyori asked him “what is it?”

“Um…you see…I also look up information on Jung Hee…and….well…you won’t believe this but…Jung Hee is actually Yunho’s great, great grandmother….”