Chapter 27

Bloody Kiss

There is only a few chapters left but I'm going to bring in another character or two. Who do you think I should add into this story??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woojin stood on the top of a high building watching his plan put into action. He was enjoying the smell of blood shed, the endless screams of pain and fear. This was the ideal world he dreamt of, the kind of of things he wants to hear and smell filling the air. Suddenly he smelled a familiar scent, the scent of Jaejoong’s blood. He felt his right shoulder throbbing as if someone has stabbed him. The feeling of pain and the sting quickly surfaced but there was no blood to be seen. The smile on his face disappeared as he turns his gaze to the direction jaejoong as ran off to. He wasn’t the only one who felt the cold chill running throughout his body as both Changmin and MyungHee also felt it. Being the direct links, they are connected and could sense when the other person is in trouble or hurt. Without a second thought, Woojin disappear from where he was standing and went to Jaejoong’s location.

Jaejoong’s blood slided down the blade of the cursed sword as it dripped onto the floor. However this did little in stopping him from gripping onto Hyori’s neck tightly. He turns to slightly look at Yunho who only glared at him, disapproving of his action.

“If you have already hit the point of no return jaejoong ah…I’ll take it upon myself to stop you…”

“That is nothing but empty words Yunho ah…for one thing…you hit the wrong spot…” grin jaejoong for Yunho had only stabbed him on the upper right shoulder. Yunho notice Hyori struggling as the color of her face has begin to fade.

“Let her go Jaejoong…!”

Jaejoong could feel Yunho’s hand shaking as he is conflicted of rather he should drive the sword further into his flesh or pull out. He only smiled before releaseing Hyori from his hold. She falls to the ground gasping for air as her neck throbbed endlessly. If Yunho have arrived a minute late, she would have been done for.

“You say you will stop me right?”

“Yes…” said Yunho without any hesitation

Jaejoong grinned before lifting his left feet and place it upon the wall in front of him. Without any warning, jaejoong used his feet to push himself back as the entire blade went through his body causing his blood to gush out. This took both Yunho and Hyori by surprise as Yunho quickly let go of the sword and stumbled back a few steps. It was as if the world suddenly went still as no one made a move. Jaejoong who is still standing gasp in pain and pant as blood flow out from the open wound. It took Yunho a moment to overcome his shock before quickly standing up and grabbed Jaejoong.

“Why…why would you do that?!” He shouted in horror

“Don’t you get it Yunho ah…” Jaejoong lifted his gaze to look at Yunho and smiled “this…is what it meant to stop me…”

Yunho’s eyes widen and the hand that grabbed Jaejoong bargain to tremble as Jaejoong continue “I had hoped that it won’t be you…even if your hand has been tainted by many vampire blood…I at least wanted to prevent your hand from bathing in mine…this was my last request…but…I guess we really don’t have any control of how things turns out…”

Yunho reached for the handle of the sword and with one quick move he pulled it out causing Jaejoong to cough out more blood as he groans painfully and falls backward into Yunho’s gentle hold. The open would was no longer closing as it should causing Yunho to panic. 

“For a vampire you sure are selfish…you think I won’t be able to kill you with my own hand? You think I won’t be able to handle the effect of killing the person I loved dearly? Don’t take me for an idiot jaejoong ah! The only person…the only person allow to take your life is me! You made a vow to me that night, only I can decide when you will die and how long you will live…not Hyori…and not Woojin who decide your fate…” Yunho spoke as he looked right into jaejoong’s eyes as tears began to appear “if…if you let anyone else kill you other then me…I won’t ever forgive you!”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho a bit taken a back by his reaction before he let out a blood filled chuckle “very well…”. He reached out and grasped Yunho’s neck pushing him to the ground. Yunho let out a short and painful cry from having his head bang against the hard ground and having his neck gripped tightly by jaejoong. Hyori made an attempt to assist Yunho but he quickly gestured for her to stop.

“Let’s see if you have it in you to stop me Yunho ah…” jaejoong grinned as he tightens his grip “only one of us is able to live…so fight me…try and kill me if you can…otherwise…I will not hesitate to take your life!”

Through the pain Yunho only gently lefted his hand and placed it upon Jaejoong’s cheek and still master a sadden smile “you spoke of such harsh word…but yet…your expression is filled with pain and sadness…”

 Jaejoong clinched his teeth tightly before slapping Yunho’s hand away from him as he got off of him and took a few steps back. He picks up the sword on the floor and tosses it to Yunho who was able to grab onto the handle. Jaejoong lifted his gaze to meet Yunho who notice the change in his expression. The looks in jaejoong’s eyes were different as if this person standing in front of him is someone else.  Jaejoong grew out his nails as his eyes glow golden. Yunho also stood up as he grips onto the sword tightly. A cold wind blew pass causing their hairs and clothes to sway back and forth.

“Fight me Yunho…do not hold back…do not let our past interfer with this fight…see me as your enemy…see me as someone whom you must kill…do not see me as your friend nor as someone whom you have loved…From this moment on I will erase all feelings…all memories of us being together…I will only look at you as my prey…” said Jaejoong

“Is this…really the only way?...” Yunho asked with a painful expression

“I am a vampire…you are a human and a hunter…we are each other’s worst enemy…I have bathed in many human blood…if you don’t take this serious and end my life…I will only continues to kill more…like I stated earlier…I won’t be able to stop…If you truly wants to stop me Yunho…hold onto that sword tightly…fight me with all your strength…and drive it’s blade deep into me…the only thing that can kill me is that sword…”

Yunho tighten his grip on the sword’s handle as he closed his eyes. After clearing his thoughts he opened them again but this time there were no hesitation.

“If this is the only way then so be it…I will fulfill your last request…”

To Hyori it looked like two best friend is about to engage in a battle where death is the only outcome. Both of them had on a serious look on their face. There were no hesitation as Yunho and jaejoong dashed toward each other and fought like they have been long time enemy. Hyori can’t help but felt her chest tighten from seeing them both fighting each other. She remembers back to when she first heard of Jaejoong from Yunho. All kind of memories flashed before her eyes of them both being next to each other, Yunho constantly complaining and yelling at Jaejoong who only grins in return. To think that those days will end tonight saddens her.

Yunho dodged jaejoong’s attack as he ducked down and swinged the sword. Jaejoong manages to escape from being cut as he quicky twirl around and kicked Yunho on the side causing him to stumble. Without waiting for Yunho to regain his composer, Jaejoong tried to slash him with his long nails. Using the sword in his hand he was able to block the nails from cutting him. To jaejoong’s surprise, Yunho had taken out his pistol from his holster and aim it right at his forehead. Without hesitating Yunho pulled the trigger. Jaejoong jumped back only able to dodge the bullet by a few millimeters. They continue to go at each other without even stopping. Before Yunho was no match for jaejoong, he was easily able to over power Yunho. But this time it’s different, Yunho has grown in these last few days. He has gotten stronger every day that right now he is able to keep up with jaejoong both in speed and strength. Yunho was able to discover his weakness and build on strengthening it as will as keep himself well guarded without leaving any opening for jaejoong to strick. Hyori sat on the ground and watched the whole thing in front of her. She could see the smile of excitement upon jaejoong’s face as well as Yunho.

“Are they…enjoying this?” she wondered

Yunho fired a few round of bullets at jaejoong who dodged them as he dashed toward him right after the bullets. He pointed the sword toward jaejoong and ends up cutting him on the arm. Jaejoong winched in pain as he jumped back to created some space. Yunho however was not going to let him rest as he aim his gun again and continues to fire as two of the 5 bullets pierced jaejoong on the leg and shoulder causing him to fall to his knee. Yunho placed the blade neck to jaejoong’s neck as he looms over him.

“Heh…you didn’t hold back?”

“well you did say for me to see you only as an enemy…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho’s cold gaze as he lower his and chuckled with a hint of regret “indeed…you have gotten stronger and is the first human to evenly match me in a fight…”

Yunho notice the stab wound from earlier did not heal as well as the cut jaejoong just sustained. There so much blood flowing out drenching his clothes.

“lets stop this jaejoong ah…”

Jaejoong only shook his head before reaching over and gripped onto the sharp blade and pull it closer to his neck before he once again look up at Yunho “this is the only way to stop me…the only way to end my thirst…the only way to free me....”

“You…really going to make me kill you? make me kill the person I love? Has my feeling never reached you jaejoong ah?...don’t you…want to continue to stay at my side…”

“From the start your love has no seed…it will not grow nor will it be possible to bloom…this is how things should be between us…”

“Then before I cut off your head…answer me one question….”

“What is it?”

Yunho hesitate a bit fearing the answer to his question but none the less he asked it “do you…ever loved me? I want the honest truth…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho’s bitter expression as memories of the past flashed before his eyes. He told himself to lie right now and tell Yunho that he never loved him but what came out was the honest truth

“I… do love you…but we…”

Before jaejoong could say anything else Yunho have already gotten down on his knee and pulled jaejoong toward him for a deep and passionate kiss. His eyes widen in shock as Yunho continues to deepen the kiss as if he is desparatly trying to shove the love and affection he has toward this vampire deep into his core. After a moment Yunho finally pulled away and smiled brightly

“You have no idea how happy I am right now…”

Jaejoong only looked at him in confusion as Yunho withdraw the sword

“w-wait! What are you doing? What happen to killing me? what about seeing me as your enemy?”

Yunho look at jaejoong abit “I had never planned to kill you, I just needed to bring you down first and make it seem like I would otherwise I won't get a honest answer out of you. I was making a bet…if at the end you tell me you don’t love me then I will lock you away in a place no one can find you but if you tell me you love me then I will do everything I can to keep you at my side…" his lips curved into a smile 

Jaejoong only sat there on the floor staring at Yunho who looked like he is shining brightly even though it’s dark and cold.

“You…are a sneaky little brat…” smirk Jaejoong

“I’ll take that as a compliment…” Yunho return the smirk

Hyori only smiled at the pair of idiots in front of her. She really thought that they will end up killing each other but it looks like Yunho’s feeling was able to change the outcome and at the end reached the person he wanted it to reach. Maybe if her own feeling back then toward the person she loved has been stronger like Yunho then maybe she too could have prevented herself from killing him.  She shook her head out of this depressing thought as she stood up.

“So what’s the plan now? Are you still going to fight?” ask Hyori

Jaejoong looks at her and then to Yunho. He smiled as he was about to said something when he felt Woojin’s presense. They were given little time to react as Woojin appear right behind jaejoong and grabbed onto him before floating into the sky. Yunho reached for jaejoong but it was too late.

“Jaejoong ah!!” he shouted

Woojin floated in the sky above Yunho and Hyori with jaejoong in his arms. He notices the cursed sword in Yunho’s hand as he narrowed his brow.

“I should have killed you with my own bare hand…it was my mistake to even let you live…” he sneered at Yunho.

“Let him go Woojin!” Yunho shouted

“Why should I let go of something that belongs to me”

“He doesn’t belong to you!”

Woojin grinned as he jaejoong’s blood from his cheek causing Yunho to glare angrily at him as his blood boiled in rage

“I am his maker…I am his master…he belongs to me…”

Yunho grinned at Woojin “Your title and his is only what belongs to you Woojin but…his heart belongs to me...that is something you will not be able to own but is given…”

This made Woojin furious as his eyes glows bright red “is this true? Is what he said true jaejoong ah?”

Jaejoong slightly turn to look at Woojin and his full pink lips curved into a smiled confirming the answer Woojin seeks. This only increased the rage in him as he turns to look at Yunho. To think this human was able to obtain the one thing Woojin desires most. He was able to do as he please with Jaejoong but his heart and his true affection was what Woojin wants. And yet at the end while he was sleeping, this human was able to snatch it away from him. He won’t accept it; he won’t accept the fact that Jaejoong and Yunho had a mutual love blossom between them behind his back. He will not allow this to happen, he will separate them to a point where they can never see each other again. With this thought in mind, Woojin raised his left hand. To Yunho and Hyori’s surprise the ground begin to shake like a large earthquake is about to happen.

“Stop! Woojin stop!” jaejoong pleaded but Woojin only ignored him.

Jaejoong tried to break free but Woojin held onto him tightly. The woud jaejoong suffered from the sword was not closing as he has lost a lot of blood and strength. He no longer has the power to break free as he watched the ground below Yunho and Hyori begin to split open. Everything around them begins to float into the air surrounding both Yunho and Hyori as they watch Woojin’s true power at work. Woojin smiled as he closed his fingers together as everything that was floating in mid air came flying toward Yunho and Hyori.

“YUNHO!!!” Jaejoong shouted as he was able to finally escape from Woojin’s grasp and headed toward Yunho and Hyori. Jaejoong was able to get to them first before everything come crashing down upon them. With quick thinking, jaejoong took the sword from Yunho’s hand and without hesitating he drive the long blade deep into his flesh. Woojin felt the sudden pain as an overwhelming heat surfaced causing his power to be unstable as everything that was aiming toward Yunho and Hyori stopped and falls to the ground. Woojin clinched his chest tightly as he glared at Jaejoong.

“You…you dare to defy me!”

Blood dripped from the corner of jaejoong’s lip as he smiled at Woojin “To be honest with you…I had planned to fight along side you…I was willing to kill again and make your dream come true woojin…but…I can’t stand still and watch as you try to kill the person who has become dare to me…”

Woojin’s eyes glow with anger “You are willing to sacrifice your life for your enemy?!”

“They are not my enemy…they…are my friends…”

“Friends? With human?...” Woojin chuckled “don’t make me laugh! What make you think the human will accept you Jaejoong ah…no one will accept you except for me!”

“That’s where you are wrong…” Hyori smiled “I am willing to accept him as well as Yunho and few others that I can list…you were asleep far too long woojin…this centuries isn’t like the centuries you were born in…in this generation there will be people who will accept vampire if they do not show any sign of threat…it’s time to change everything…Vampire and human can live in peace if we put the difference behind us…”

Woojin glared at Hyori as he attempted to kill her but jaejoong drive the sword deeper into his flesh causing Woojin to groan in pain. Upon seeing this, Yunho panicked 

“What are you doing?!" Yunho asked as he tried to stop him

“It was his mistake…the seal he placed upon my back bonds my life to his…the pain I feel…he too will feel it…in order word…if you have killed me earlier you would have killed him too…” smirk jaejoong however this was not something Yunho will want to hear. Even though killing jaejoong will kill Woojin this will still means that if they did end up defeating and killing Woojin, jaejoong’s life will also have to be sacrificed.

“Is this what you have decided Jaejoong ah? Have you finally chosen the human rather then my side?” Woojin asked as blood dripped from the side of his mouth and clenches his chest in pain

“As I have said before…the only side I want to be with is Yunho…I don’t care about the human nor do I care much for the vampires…” he paused for a bit before continuing “But…I also know that it’s impossible…”

“Indeed…” spoke Woojin as he disappears from where he was floating and reappear right where they are. Yunho and Hyori tried to fight against woojin who was able to push them a few feet away. Jaejoong was going to kill himself but Woojin interfer as he grab onto jaejoong’s hand and pulled out the sword before holding him tightly against his body.

“you are right…you and that human will never be able to be together…if I can’t have you…then he too will not have you…”

Jaejoong felt a burning sensation from his back as Woojin lifted the seal. He pulled down Jaejoong’s shirt to reveal his bare neck as his two white teeth grew. His eyes glows brightly red and Yunho watched in horror as he bites down onto jaejoong’s flesh sinking his fang deeper. Jaejoong let out a painful cry as Changmin and MyungHee finally arrive at the scene. Both their eyes widen in total shock seeing Woojin biting Jaejoong. Yunho quickly dashed toward them as Woojin removed his fang from Jaejoong’s neck and pushed him toward Yunho.

Woojin looked at them one last time before he turn into a black mist and disappear. Both MyungHee and Changmin heard Woojin’s voice advising them both to return to the mansion. They both didn’t want to go but after hearing Woojin’s voice rage again they have no choice but to obey. They turn into bats and flew into the sky. The remaining vampires also retreated as the morning lights will soon be upon them. Woojin’s plan to conquer the world in one night has failed for he was distracted thanks to jaejoong. But after tomorrow night, Woojin has vowed to wipe out the entire human race leaving no one behind.

“Jaejoong ah! Jaejoong ah! Hang in there!” Yunho shouted in panic as he held jaejoong in his arm

“Yunho ah…I’m…I’m sorry…” Jaejoong apologize

“why are you apologizing…”

“because…because I won’t…be..be able to stay at your side…so forgive me…”

Yunho only chuckled like a mad man “what do you mean? You are here aren’t you? you are finally at my side…you aren’t going anywhere…” he looked at the place Jaejoong was bitten and notice the wound is not closing but rather the color of jaejoong’s skin has begin to fade. A crack could be seen upon his face sending all kind of fear into Yunho.

“You will be okay…you will be just fine…” he smiled trying to fight back his tears

Jaejoong only shook his head as more cracks begin to appear. It reminded Yunho of when Jaejoong fought against Rain. He recalls him saying something how it’s taboo to bite one another. The thought of jaejoong bursting into dusk from Woojin’s bite scares him. Just when he finally was able to have jaejoong on his side again, he is going to disappear. He is going to once again leave Yunho’s side but this time it will be at a place even Yunho will not be able to reach.

“you…don’t hate me right?”

 “what…what are you saying? I can never hate you…” Yunho held onto jaejoong close “no matter what you do…no matter how many you have killed…none on it was your fault…I will still love you the same…I will never be able to hate you…”

Jaejoong reached over and kissed Yunho on the lips and smiled “thank you…for loving me…for accepting me for who I am…for not hating me…”

In front of Yunho’s eyes, Jaejoong’s body begin to turn into ash until there was nothing left.

“Jae…Jaejoong?...” tears that he was fighting back made their way out as it flow down his cheek. The cold body that he was just holding was no more.

“ARRUUUGGHHHHH!!!!” he cried loudly

The sun that has faded once again begins to rise from the horizon. The shadows that covered the city faded as lights brighten the city of Seoul. All the vampires have disappeared but there were many casualties. Bodies laid out everywhere throughout the street as blood turn the streets of Seoul red. Many building collapsed from fighting and fires. Tomohisa, Yoochun and Yoona stood on their feet totally exhausted as they turn their gaze to the morning light. Both have them have sustained their own battle wound and were relief to know that they will live to see another day even though it might be the last light they will see. Junsu stood on by the window of Hellsing’s research facility as he looked at the once beautiful city turn into a battle field. Even though he wasn’t part of the fight, he could feel it inside him the fear that everyone else felt. In just one night, part of Seoul has collapsed, many have died. Another night like this will ruin the entire city and soon this country will be run by Vampires. If there really is a god up there, Junsu pray that he will at least watch over them and give them a miracle to pass this nightmare.

Woojin arrived back at the mansion and stood inside but the place looked like it’s about to collapse to the ground. There were large holes everywhere as debris is scattered through out the ground. This place will no longer be able to protect them from the sunlight. Piles of ashes laid out everywere as the large Barnabas that he spent so many days creating now laid dead. From the look of it, there was more then just one intruder. Since Yunho has the sword that made him one of them so who could the second one be? How did they know about this place? He turns to face MyungHee who stiffens upon his gaze. There was no doubt about it that Myunghee had something to do with this. He could have killed her for betraying him but he knew he will need her to make his dream a reality. He has lost Rain and now Jaejoong, he only has Changmin and MyungHee left. It will be a waste and his loss if he where to also end MyungHee. He didn’t even say a word as he ascended the stairs careful of holes where sunlight is beaming through. He arrived at his room and looked at the empty glass case as he narrow his brow. Everything was going as he planned it to and yet at the end everything he had spent centuries putting together quickly ended in failure. The human now is in possession of the one weapon that can kill him; he will need to act fast if he hopes to win this war. He have lost once, he is not going to lose a second time.

“Changmin…do you think…” Myunghee asked upon recalling Woojin biting jaejoong as tears and fears surfaced.

“Most likely…once a vampire is bitten by another…there is nothing but death afterward....”

"But Woojin is different...his bite to direct link wouldn't kill, he is the king.."

"but to give life or death is within his abilities...considering what Jaejoong did, which did you think he would choose?"

MyungHee didn't say a word as tears flow down her eyes as Changmin held her tight as he too have to fight back his own tears, to act strong in order to comfort MyungHee.

“Was this what you really wanted Jaejoong Hyung? Was this what you were hoping will happen? Have you ever thought about me and MyungHee?” changmin wondered as an image of jaejoong smiling flashed before his eyes “I should have stopped you when I had the chance to...I knew you will pull something like this but even so...I didn't want you to continue to suffer....at least…now you are free right?...”

It took everything Hyori had to pull Yunho away from where Jaejoong's ashes now laid. He looked like a zombie, dead of any emotions, dead of any pain, just a soulless body that neither talk or look at anyone. Lucky for them, a car from Hellsing pulled up as they got inside and drove away. She looks at the young hunter at her side growing more concern by the minute. She wanted to comfort him but unsure of what to say. At the end, Hyori only sigh and give him the peace he needed to register everything that had happen. Just as they disappear from the area, someone appear wearing a long dark green coat with the hood pulled over his head. His body was completely covered from head to toe with gloves and boots, even a mask covered his face as he look at the ashes on the ground.