Chapter 15

Bloody Kiss

Sorry, this chapter is kind of shorter then the others. I wanted to end it there before writing the next chapter but i promise the next chapter will be longer...hope you enjoy :)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Hellsing prepare for the hunt, Hyori stood at the front of her team. Even this night, she is not able to remain behind like she usually does. As she give out instructions and warning to the team, a young man possible in his early 30s dressed in a black coat wearing black pants and plain white t-shirt. His long black hair sway against the night wind as his big brown eyes looked her way.

“You must be Lee Hyori…” he spoke in a deep voice as she turn around and smiled before offering him a warm handshake

“And you must be Mr. Yamaa Tomohisa from the Japanese branch…It’s a pleasure to meet you…we are grateful for the Japanese branch to be taking some time out of your busy schedule and assist us with this cleansing…”

“The pleasure is ours…the Korean branch has already helped us out multiple times, it’s about time we repay your kindness…” Tomohisa smiled before letting go of her hand and looked around to see the numbers of people that has gather “But…it’s still unbelievable that the number of vampires here sky rocked in just a month…not to mention the fact that sires has begun to come out of their hiding…it makes you wonder what could be motivating them to act….”

Hyori only smiled “I wonder that too…it’s still in an investigation process but so far we have not find the reason…”

Tomohisa look at Hyori before returning the smile “oh well…let’s do our best on decreasing that number tonight shall we?…”

“I agree…”

Yoochun, Junsu and Yoona remain in the living room as they prepare themselves for any surprise attack. Yoochun guarded the windows along with Yoona while Junsu watch the door. Even though Junsu’s main job is a researcher, he has been trained in combat in case a fight break out. However the skills he learns are merely basic, he isn’t sure how helpful he will be but he plan to fight till the very end. Yunho and Jaejoong still remain in the bedroom with jaejoong still sitting on the floor with his back against the bed. He can feel the warmth from Yunho’s hand and found comfort in that smile of his.

"Don't worry about anything...we aren't as weak as you think..."

“Are you sure you will be able to handle Changmin and MyungHee…?” jaejoong asked

“oi…don’t doubt my ability…I understand at full power they are unbeatable but during this night of the blood moon…at least it will give me a chance to repay what they have given us…” Yunho grin with confidence

“And if you fail?...”

“Failing is not an option…” Yunho stood up as he looks down at Jaejoong with a serious expression on his face “no matter if they bring a whole army with them…I will never allow them to take you…”

Jaejoong was speechless for words as Yunho turn toward the door and blushed a bit “b-beside…you made a promise to me when you took my blood…You are now bond to me…it will not be right of me to just gave up when things gets tough so you better not gave up either…”

“I notice something…”

“what?...”

“you can actually be pretty cute at times…” jaejoong smile as Yunho give him a glare.

“don’t call me cute…” he snapped

“aww…how cute!”

Yunho’s face flushed red “at least call me cool!”

Jaejoong however refuse to take back the word ‘Cute’ while Yunho is throwing a fit over a small word. Just then the door the bedroom slowly begins to open. Upon the creaking of the door, both Yunho and Jaejoong turn and spotted Hojoon standing there with his sword in hand.

“what is it Hojoon?” Yunho asked unaware of the blood stain blade

Jaejoong however was able to smell the scent of blood coming from Hojoon and spotted the sword in his hand. Along the edge of the blade is blood still fresh and dripping onto the floor. He knew right away something wasn’t right. Yunho was about to approach Hojoon but Jaejoong reached over and grabbed his hand preventing from going any further.

“what is it?” Yunho asked

“he won't be able to answer you…” Jaejoong spoke in a serious tone of voice

“what do you mean?”

“look at his sword Yunho…that scent…it doesn’t belong to a vampire but rather a human…”

Yunho look at jaejoong before looking back at Hojoon and down to his sword. Just as Jaejoong had stated there is blood there but the main question is whose blood is it?

“H-Hojoon…w-what happen?” Yunho asked

Hojoon only continues to look at them with blank eyes and didn’t say a word.

“Yunho…looks like the fighting Changmin and MyungHee is inevitable after all…”

“What do you mean?”

“Look at his eyes …the color has changed…in other words Hojoon is under the control of MyungHee…that means they will be here soon…” Jaejoong forced his body to stand up “however the issue right now is him…”

Yunho turn his attention back to Hojoon and clinched his fist tightly “Oi Hojoon! Snap out of it!” he shouted in hope to get through to him. Hojoon however did not hear him or recognize him as he slowly begin to approach them as his sword slides across the floor leaving a small trail of blood. Yunho continues to try and speak to him but it was useless. As soon as Hojoon got close enough he dashed toward Yunho with his sword pointing at him. Yunho manage to dodge it as the sword stabbed the wall. With a simple pull the sword came out as Hojoon turn toward him for a second attack. Upon the commotion, Junsu came into the room only to be surprised that it wasn’t a vampire Yunho is fighting but rather it was Hojoon.

“w-what is going on?” He asked

Yunho dodge the attacked but Hojoon was fast as the blade cuts him on the arm just a few inches away from the slash he suffered from MyungHee. He gasped upon the sudden pain as blood begins to stain his shirt. Jaejoong was going to step in and stop Hojoon but Yunho prevented him from doing anything. With Jaejoong’s ability being unstable, the chance of Hojoon being heavily harmed is possible. All Yunho wanted to do is stop Hojoon without having to actually fight him. At this point both Yoona and Yoochun has also came into the room and like Junsu, they had on an expression of shock and confusion.

“Will you two snap out of it! you are supposed to be on your guard against the vampire rather than fighting each other!” Yoochun shouted unaware of that fact that Hojoon is being controlled.

“I will handle Hojoon! You guys just go and keep a look out!” Yunho shouted

Yoochun, Junsu and Yoona look at each other still confuse at what is going on. They wonder if there was a disagreement between Yunho and Hojoon. Yoochun took a closer look at Hojoon and he notices something odd about him. The way he moves, the unchanging expression on his face and the look of his eyes were different from the usual Hojoon they all know. The only way Hojoon will point his blade at Yunho who is like a younger brother to him is if he isn’t himself, in other words, he is under a mind control.

“This has just gotten more complicated…” sigh Yoochun as he turns to Jaejoong “oi…is there any way to break the control?”

“The only way is to cut him off from the main source….” said Jaejoong

“In other words, we have to defeat MyungHee…”

Jaejoong nodded his head; suddenly he felt a jolt within his body filling him with an icy cold feeling. He turns his gaze toward the window and look into the distance. He can feel it, after they have hide from him for so many weeks, he finally felt their aura again. Just as he predicted, they are on their way here with a group of vampires. Meanwhile Yunho was still trying to talk to Hojoon while dodging his attack. At a swing of the sword, Hojoon ends up cutting something turning the room into a mess. Yunho was starting to get irritated. As Hojoon swing his sword again, Yunho dodge it before moving toward him and tried to take the sword from him. They both end up struggling with one another before Yunho was finally able to take his sword and toss it onto the ground before punching Hojoon on the face.

“Come back to your senses your idiot!! How can you let a vampire take control of you?! I thought you were stronger then this!!” he shouted

“Oi Yunho! They are coming” came Jaejoong’s voice

Yunho turn toward the window as Hojoon used this to his advantage. He kicked Yunho away from him before dashing for his sword and headed toward Jaejoong. Rather than scare, Jaejoong stood in his place as he watches Hojoon’s blade glimmers from the ceiling lights. Jaejoong’s golden eyes glow as he reached out and grabbed onto Hojoon’s blade and to everyone’s surprise, he snapped the blade in two before twirling the broken blade in his hand while dodging Hojoon. Using the broken blade, jaejoong stabbed Hojoon’s leg with it as he collapsed to the ground.

“You are starting to pisst me off…why don’t you just sit still until your master come okay?” Jaejoong smiled

Yunho stood there in total shock, this was the first time he had ever seen Jaejoong injured a human before. Ever since Jaejoong came into his life, he has only seen him kill vampires. To actually see him harm another human made Yunho realize how scary he actually is. The way jaejoong didn't even hesitated before stabbing Hojoon made Yunho realize that no matter how different jaejoong may be, he is still a vampire. Even though Hojoon’s only free leg has been injured, he didn’t remain still. He stood up as if there wasn’t a blade sticking out of his leg. There were no pains reflected on his face as he tried to attack jaejoong again.

“I see…I guess it can’t be help…” jaejoong grinned as he position himself to attack

Yunho knew something wasn’t right about Jaejoong; the look on his face was one of a vampire who sees a possible prey in front of him. He reached over and grabbed onto Jaejoong before pulling him back startling him. Jaejoong ends up colliding with the nightstand as Yunho grab onto Hojoon’s arm and flipped him over as his back collided with the floor.

“Enough!!!” he shouted “Jaejoong you stay out of it!! Yoochun, Junsu!! Hold onto Hojoon!!”

Without further delay they jumped on Hojoon and held him in place as he struggle to be free. Yunho went to the closet and took out a long thick rope. He had Yoochun and Junsu force Hojoon onto a chair as they tied him up as tight as possible. After Hojoon has been secured, Yunho removed his shirt and toss it onto the bed in frustration before examining the flesh wound. It seems like getting injured has become a daily occurrence for Yunho and he hates it. So far everything has not gone as planned. Hojoon was supposed to be the one who will help Jaejoong leave this apartment if they were attacked but now Hojoon is in a trance. They are now down to only 3 people, Yoona and Junsu wouldn’t be much of a help considering the fact that Yoona is still a newbie and junsu is a researcher with basic combat skills. The only one here who can actually hold their ground is him and Yoochun. Depending on Jaejoong’s state of mind, he can either be of help or be of no help or worst makes it more complicated. He went into the bathroom and washes out the blood before taking out a badge and tried to wrap it before Yoona came into the bathroom.

“Here…let me help…” she softly before taking over the badging “the wound doesn’t look deep so that’s good…”

“Are you sure you want to be here Yoona?” Yunho asked fearing that she will be risking her life for something she isn’t even sure of.

“I’m your partner Yunho…I go where ever you go…I fight whomever you fight…when I became a hunter, I had already prepare myself for death…that was the first thing we learn in training…” she smiled

Yunho couldn’t help but admire her bravery. It reminded him of Heechul how he too use say those same words to Yunho but in the end, his desire for immortality lead him to stab Yunho. Ever since then, Yunho has lost trust in having a partner, the thought of being betrayed the same way terrify him. Just then a scene flashed before his eyes. It was the scene of him and jaejoong when Yunho asked him to fight at his side and be bond to him. He isn’t sure how trust worthy Jaejoong is or if Hojoon is right that maybe jaejoong is just fooling with them but Yunho strongly wants to put his belief in him. Just then he recalls the scene earlier when Jaejoong stab Hojoon as the expression of his face turn bitter.

“There done…” Yoona’s cheerful voice brought him out of his thoughts

“Thank you…”

“No problem…”

Meanwhile Jaejoong stood just outside of the bathroom leaning on the wall listening to Yunho and Yoona. He looks at his shaking hand and recalls the excited feeling of stabbing Hojoon. It has been so long since he last harmed another human. The feeling of piercing the blade into the warm flesh, the sight of blood coming out still remains. He never thought that harming another living being will be so terrifying. He now wonders how he was able to do it in the past. To be able to slaughter so many human in one night was so easy back then. And yet just causing minor injury to one human already has his entire body shaking of fear.  He clinched his fist tightly while taking a deep breath and exhaling it into the air. Just as he turn to go to the living room, Yunho also exited the bathroom as they collided with one another. Just as jaejoong lost his balance, Yunho reached out and grabbed him around the waist pulling jaejoong toward him. Upon the touch of Jaejoong body against his, he could fee his heart racing. Upon the breath and closeness of Jaejoong’s face against his, he could feel his body heated up. Their eyes meet as silence filled the air. It wasn’t until Yoona let out a sound did Yunho and jaejoong quickly parted way. Yunho quickly clear his throat before going to the living room while Yoona slightly look at Jaejoong and sent him a ‘Yunho is mine’ look before leaving his side to join the rest. Jaejoong stood there and crossed his arm in amusement before following after her.

“How is he?” Yunho asked Yoochun

“Well…he isn’t struggling anymore but rather he is just sitting there staring out as if he is waiting for something or someone…” said Yoochun

Yunho look at the wound on Hojoon’s leg and palm of his hand before sighing. He asked Yoona to go get the first aid kit and help treat his wound.

“What should we do with him?” Junsu asked

“There is nothing we can do…the only way to turn him back to normal is if we defeat MyungHee…” answer Yunho

“And if we can’t?” Junsu continue to ask

“He will forever become MyungHee’s servant…” Jaejoong spoke

Everyone went quiet trying to think of a plan. Yoochun excuse himself as he made a phone call to Hyori to report of what just happen. He wonders if they should lock Hojoon up back at Hellsing or wait here. 

“How is your wound?” junsu asked

“It’s nothing serious…” Yunho smiled to assure Junsu that he is fine

Meanwhile out in the city, all the citizens has been confined in the safety of their home as the cleansing has begun. Number of hunters took to the street and killed any vampires they came across. Even the new recruits with little experiences were increasing their number of kills. Some even treated it as a game to see how many they could kill and the one who kill the most will be rewarded. Vampires who usually fight them could do nothing but flee and hide. Even Hyori has killed a few as she walked down the dark empty street.

“strange…” she thought as she scan her surrounding

“what is?” Tomohisa asked

“I get it that the blood moon makes vampire weak but…this…this is far too easy…they aren’t even putting up a fight…they have just been running around making us chase them…”

Tomohisa paused as he too looks around. He can’t help but agree with Hyori, night of fortitudine has never been this simple.

“What do you think is going on?” he asked

“I’m not sure…not to mention that I have not seen a sire yet…”

She begins to think long and hard before he cell phone ringed as she answered.

“What is it Yoochun?”

“how is the hunting going?” he asked

“It’s going good…how are things at your end…”

“well…things are okay other than the fact that Hojoon tried to kill Yunho and Jaejoong and the fact that he is under MyungHee’s control and is currently tied to a chair…”

It took Hyori a few seconds to full register what Yoochun had just said before sighing. She knew Hojoon looked weird that day and suspected something different about him. However to learn that he is under MyungHee’s control wasn’t what she was expecting. Now the fight that she has hoped to avoid is unavoidable because they need to defeat MyungHee to free Hojoon. Just then everything finally clicked, the reason the vampires aren’t fighting back and just running away is because they are leading everyone further away from where Yunho’s apartment is located. All the sires are gone because them along with MyungHee and Changmin is heading to where Jaejoong is. Without them realizing it they have continue to chase after vampires while going further and further away from Hellsing and Yunho’s apartment. They have left the middle of Seoul unguarded.

“!!!!” she cursed before hanging up the phone and started dashing back toward the middle of the city.

“Wait Hyori!! Where are you going?!!!” Tomohisa shouted after her

“I got something else to take care of!!! I’ll leave my team to you!!” was all she said before disappearing into the darkness.

Yoochun stood there staring at his phone wondering what could have cut him off from Hyori. He swore he heard her cursed before the line went dead. Did something happen? He wondered to himself before closing his phone. Jaejoong stood by the balcony door and stare out into the darken city as he felt the presence of Changmin and MyungHe drawing closer and closer. He could feel the vampire blood in him throbbing in excitement as if he can’t wait to fight. He isn’t sure if the excitement is for MyungHee and changmin or for the human that resides in the apartment with him.

“Oi jaejoong…don’t stand so close to the window...” Yunho warned

“Why?...”

“You are basically putting yourself out there to be an easy target…”

“It’s fine…”

“no it’s not…”

Jaejoong got irritated at the fact that Yunho is ordering him around as he shot him a glare before sighing and turned away from the glass door. He only took a step when the sound of glass breaking alarmed everyone. Vampires begin to enter the room as the entire apartment building is surrounded. People who lived in the apartment stared out their window in total fear.

“Sorry to keep you waiting…” came Changmin’s voice as he grinned

Yunho looked at Changmin before his eyes wondered to Jaejoong and his eyes widen in total disbelief. Changim’s hand has already pierced through Jaejoong’s flesh from behind as blood spilled onto the floor and blood dripped from the corner of his mouth.

“jae…JAEJOONG AH!!!!!” Yunho shouted