Gloves

Gloves

Kihyun stood and rubbed his hands together. They were cold and he had dismissed his need for gloves that very morning thinking ‘hey, it’s not that cold yet’, regretting his choice dearly. The temperature is just below zero and since the lake they’re visiting for their schedule have yet to be covered by ice, the moist air feels even chillier.

He had half a mind to just walk back to their van and put the heater on full blast when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head.

“We are starting to shoot in ten minutes.” Hyunwoo told him while letting his hand slip off of Kihyun’s shoulder.

“Ah, yeah.” Kihyun just answered, observing the cloud of steam that had escaped when Hyunwoo had spoken. The other man didn't look the least bit cold and Kihyun envied him, just like he envied a lot about Hyunwoo. There had been a lot of awkwardness between them for a long while and although they had gotten closer there were still those moments of embarrassing silence.

Kihyun turned around while blowing into his hands and then rub them together once again. Hyunwoo noticed it.

"Did you also forget your gloves?"

"Hyung, you too?"

Kihyun looked at Hyunwoo in disbelief. It's not like him to forget anything at all. Hyunwoo rubbed the back of his head.

"No Changkyun-ie did. I lent mine to him since I don't really need them."

Another thing about Hyunwoo that Kihyun envied, he was a walking heater.

"Ah."

Once again that awkward silence, luckily Kihyun had grown used to it. Hyunwoo grabbed his hands all of a sudden and held them in his own.

"Here let me warm them up."

"I'm okay, it's my own fault."

"Don't be stubborn. You're always so proud, let someone help you out once in a while." Hyunwoo smiled at him and Kihyun felt blood rush into his ears and cheeks at the sight of Hyunwoo's eyes shrinking a bit, wrinkles at the corner of them. He felt like he was the only reason to their awkwardness these days, before they debuted Hyunwoo also contributed to the loss of things to say and do around each other. Kihyun wondered when it all changed.

Thankfully his hands were warming up rather quickly and when Hyunwoo let go of them he let out a soft breath of relief that he didn't know he was holding, until he felt the same pair of warm hands covering his cheeks. He stared wide-eyed at Hyunwoo who didn't seem to be bothered at all, their eyes meeting at a rather close distance.

"Your cheeks were red so I figured they were cold too."

Kihyun was about to tell him it was not necessary when he was cut off.

"Just kiss already and get it over with, the filming is starting now. Or should we make you two the main today?" Jooheon said while walking past them and Kihyun had quickly smacked Hyunwoo's hands away.

"Hey!" Kihyun yelled and pointed after Jooheon who started sprinting while laughing. Hyunwoo stopped Kihyun from dashing after him by putting an arm around his shoulder.

"Just let go of it. You know he likes riling you up." Hyunwoo couldn't help laughing at Kihyun. "Come on, let's go." He led Kihyun towards the filming site and Kihyun swear he was gonna strangle Jooheon as soon as they were done with today's schedule because all he could think about now was kissing Hyunwoo. And it's not like Hyunwoo's arm around his shoulder made anything better.

Kihyun really wish he had brought those gloves.