Arms

Gloves

Hyunwoo's arms were thick and Kihyun could almost swear they were bigger than his own thighs. And the size of Hyunwoo's arms sure as hell did not lie, they were strong, Kihyun had learned that first hand that one time Hyunwoo had pinned him down on the bed. The memory of that event made Kihyun break out in a cold sweat. One of said arms were currently placed around his shoulders, the warmth from it comfortable but still making his legs weak. Hyunwoo was tan after being in the jungle and his arm contrasted against Kihyun's lighter face. Kihyun was not pale either, but layers of makeup made it seem like it.

"Kihyun and Shownu-hyung used to be really awkward before, but recently they have grown a lot closer." Minhyuk's voice made Kihyun snap out of his daydreaming and he looked at the MC who apparently had asked about how close the members were.

"They really seem close if you look at them, but isn't Kihyun-shi a bit too quiet? You usually have a lot to say right." The female MC was prying and Kihyun could once again feel sweat trying to fight it's way through his skin. That's when he felt the arm around his shoulder pull him closer and Hyunwoo's hand settling on his upper arm, squeezing softly with encouragement.

"Kihyun-ie has been busy lately with recording drama soundtracks and writing music with Jooheon-ie, so his mind is probably occupied by that. I hope you'll understand." Hyunwoo said, making Kihyun almost sigh in relief. If only he know what was truly occupying Kihyun's mind. But it was also true that Kihyun was worn out after several all-nighters, and he really hoped to get some sleep in the car soon.

"Ooh, Kihyun-shi and Jooheon-shi really are dedicated to making music, we will really look forward to hearing some tracks in the future." The MC finalized and began to wrap up the interview. Kihyun could feel Hyunwoo starting to steer him out of the studio, but not without bowing to the MC, the camera crew and the director, thanking and praising them for their good job.

Once out into the fresh air Kihyun felt his head clear up a bit, but soon enough their managers almost started shoving them into the cars and He ended up in between Hyunwoo and Hyungwon, making Kihyun curse his luck. They had a long ride back to the dorm and as he felt himself getting more and more drowsy, he started to lean against Hyungwon. But the bony shoulder kept him annoyingly in a state of just before sleep - how Hyungwon could eat so much and still not gain weight was still a mystery to him - and he weighed his options. In the end he decided he was too tired to care and switched over to Hyunwoo's shoulder, which was much more comfortable due to its relaxed soft muscles. All of a sudden he felt himself be shifted, presumably by Hyunwoo, and felt an arm being wrapped around him, enabling him to lean more comfortably into the soft warmness. He soon dozed off, not knowing anything about the soft smile Hyunwoo gave him.

*   *   *

"Hey, we're back." The soft almost-whisper and the constant nudging woke Kihyun up from his deep sleep, he was met by Hyunwoo's eyes and if Hyunwoo hadn't placed his arm around Kihyun earlier then he probably would have bolted out of the car. The proximity was too close and Kihyun was so aware of the hand on his ribs as he was being gently shoved to get out of the car. He still felt drowsy but a gust of wind made his head clear a bit and he suddenly remembered how he had fallen asleep on Hyunwoo's shoulder and woken up in his arms. He was glad the darkness of night hid his reddened cheeks.

"Let's go inside." He once again felt the hand at the back of his ribcage and noticed how the other members had rushed inside, most likely competing to get to shower first, only to leave him and Hyunwoo alone. He wasn't sure what came over him but he stopped, making Hyunwoo look at him with curiosity. "Did you forget something?"

"No." Kihyun was not sure what to do. "It's nothing. Never mind." He started walking again but was halted by Hyunwoo.

"You have not talked much to me recently, not on shows or interviews, not even at home. Did I offend you somehow?" Kihyun thought about breaking free and walk inside, but he was sure Hyunwoo would not let him go that easily.

"It's nothing really. It's like you said to the MC earlier, I'm tired." But apparently Hyunwoo would not be fooled.

"Is it about the other day, was it because they teased you or did I really make you uncomfortable?"

Kihyun was not sure what he should answer to this. If he said no he knew Hyunwoo would spot the lie, if he said yes... where would that leave them?

"Please don't ask me this?"

"Why?"

"Because no matter what I say, you won't like the answer." Kihyun tried to make his point known, that if they continued on this matter, there would be no turning back. But he had never expected Hyunwoo to but his hands on his shoulders and back him up against the wall. They were lucky it was in the middle of the night, because if anyone entered the hallway right now, the whole situation would be misunderstood. Or maybe not.

"How can you be so sure?" Hyunwoo made sure to hold Kihyun's gaze, searching, and Kihyun felt like screaming at him the truth about how his mind were being occupied by thoughts of him; of them. But then their door was opened and Changkyun peeked out through the opening. And Kihyun had never felt so relieved before as when Hyunwoo let go of his shoulders. He pushed past him and  went towards the door. "We need to talk about this Kihyun. Better sooner than later. You hear me?" He did, but he chose not to answer. Instead he entered the dorm while Changkyun held the door open for him, thanking him in the process. Probably more because Changkyun got him out of a tricky situation than for holding the door open. He did not fail to notice how the youngest of them looked between him and Hyunwoo, seemingly troubled.

Hyunwoo just sighed while rubbing his neck before walking inside too, patting Changkyun on the shoulder on his way in. Changkyun closed the door, not sure what he should make of the situation. He had been observing them both for a while now and he felt like he knew what was going on. He was worried what this might mean in the future, of the consequences it might bring. But most of all he was worried about Hyunwoo and Kihyun drifting apart. So he decided it was time he did something about it.


A/N: This was supposed to be a humorous fic... WHAT HAPPENED? Why did it suddenly get so serious?

Oh well, hopefully I'll get back on track in the next one, but I felt like this pseudo-angsty chapter was needed, because huhuhu; what could Changkyun be planning? :3

Also showki cuddles in the beginning... and SHOWNU STARTING TO EXPRESS HIMSELF TO KIHYUN 8D even I'm excited to see where this might lead.

I will have a lot more work this week and maybe the next too since I went from 75% to 100% bc my colleague is sick D: so I'm not sure when I will find the time and motivation to write next chapter. I also have some other stuff ongoing. But I will try to write it bit by bit... as soon as I know how it begins ^w^

Thank you!