Trust

Gloves

Kihyun was avoiding Hyunwoo, Changkyun had no doubt about it. Unless they were practicing or were scheduled to be on a show, Kihyun made an effort to not be in the same room as Hyunwoo which resulted in if Kihyun entered a room and the other were there, he made a 180 degree turn and went out of the room again, and if Hyunwoo entered a room Kihyun made sure to leave as soon as possible. And Changkyun was sure he was not the only one who noticed. It was clear the other members hade noticed the tension during practice and the distance that had grown between them. But the most notable one was Hyunwoo, whenever Kihyun avoided him he looked annoyed as well as hurt.

At one point Changkyun asked Hyunwoo if he was okay, but Hyunwoo had just smiled and told him there was nothing to worry about, given him a pat on the arm and then started talking about something else. But if there was anyone that needed talking to, it was Kihyun. Changkyun had decided to corner him about it, he figured it was better he did it than anyone who did not know what was actually going on. He had seen both Minhyuk and Hoseok giving it a try but it had been futile.

He found Kihyun in one of the vocal practice rooms, the way he took the same notes over and over again without moving on to the next part showed just how tense he was and how this whole situation affected him. Changkyun waited. When Kihyun suddenly let out an exasperrated sigh and slumped down in the chair, Changkyun took it as a cue to enter the room. Kihyun just glanced at him before lolling his head back and closing his eyes.

"What do you want?" He asked and Changkyun fidgeted a bit, looking for the right words. Not finding any he decided to take the bull by the horns.

"You really like Hyunwoo-hyung, don't you?" Kihyun snapped his head back up and Changkyun could see the blood drain from his face.

"Don't be ridiculous!" He almost shouted.

"And Hyunwoo-hyung likes you." This made Kihyun shut his mouth, he seemed to realize there was no use denying the attraction between him and Hyunwoo for Changkyun. He had witnessed them after all. Kihyun let out a shaky sigh.

"Why does it matter to you? We won't happen anyways."

"It matters because while you two are playing Romeo and Juliet-" Changkyun recieved a glare at the comparison. "-our group is suffering. I know that you two won't be able to date out in the open, not in this decade at least, but you both need to talk and sort your feelings out." Changkyun was waiting for a reaction.

"And what if the others find out? I mean, no matter if we get together or not, the others will probably find out sooner or later." Kihyun was looking at his hands and although he looked crestfallen, Changkyun was relieved that they were at least getting somewhere. He went and sat down on the floor in front of Kihyun, leaning back against the wall.

"Hyung-" He made sure Kihyun met his eyes. "-trust us a little bit more, would you? I can say here and now I would support you to the end no matter what. You know Hoseok-hyung would accept you. And do you remember when Jooheon-hyung came home after hanging out with Jackson, telling us about how amazing and reasonable values Jackson had regarding all human beings? He for sure wouldn't mind either. And as close as Minhyuk-hyung are to Hyunwoo-hyung, I'm sure he already knows. As for Hyungwon-hyung, I don't know, but the Hyungwon I know-" Changkyun was startled when Kihyun stood up. "Wait, where are you going? I wasn't finished."

"That's enough."

"Hyung-"

"I'm gonna go talk to Hyunwoo-hyung. So what you just said better be true or I'm gonna make your life miserable." It was an empty threat, but Changkyun could sense the fear in it. The fear of a change that might not work in his favor. But Changkyun knew what he said was true so he just sent a beaming smile towards Kihyun who just squinted his eyes at him before exiting the room.


A/N: Yessss! 2nd to last chapter finished and oh my! Supportive maknae Changkyun. I felt the need to bring up Jackson and Jooheon's friendship here because I'm 100% sure Jackson is supportive of lgbt rights. He is one of the least prejudiced kpop artists I know of. Anyways, I'm gonna go write the last chapter but I won't post it right away, bc before I do that I'm gonna plan for my next chaptered MX fic. When I'm starting to actually write it I'm gonna post last chapter. Look forward to it!