Do we need to talk?

Odds Are In Our Favor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is it. This is the distraction I needed.”

Mia said to herself as she read a proposal email letter sent to her by her agency indicating a client gig for a big editorial campaign for a magazine and brand.

It was a big and busy day today for Mia. This editorial campaign can lead to a billboard opportunity which was one of her goals since she arrived in Seoul.

She was at the location site again with her interns Aerum and Hyunsung assisting her. Preparing the equipments, studying the moodboard and workflow.

She picked up her phone from her backpocket as she studied the moodboard in her hands.

“Babe! I'm free today! Where do you—“ Jackson’s voice rang at the other line.

“Oh babe! I'm sorry.. I'm booked for a shoot today.” Mia said as she focused on the moodboard as she multi-task. The whole set was busy.

“Then I'll wait till you come back tonight?”

“This might be late, baby. It's a big editorial work.. you know that right? You know how long these takes..” Mia replied with an apologetic tone.

“Aerum-ah, can you hand me those papers.” Mia said over to her assistant momentarily.

“I can wait.” Jackson said still eager to see her.

“Mia-ssi?” One of Mia’s clients called out.

“Babe, the client is calling. I'll call you later, arasso? I love you!” Mia said waiting for Jackson’s reply.

“Love you..” Jackson replied on the other end while Mia shoved her phone back into her bag.

It’s been a hours as they shot layout per layout, set per set, outfit per outfit. Mia checked her phone while on a quick break. She noticed a few messages from Jackson simply saying what he was doing in her apartment, cleaning, missing her, playing video games. She smiled reading his messages as she sipped on the 3rd coffee she had for the day.

Her phone beeped momentarily startling her, indicating a new email received. She hovered to quickly check it before she goes back to work.

Her eyes immediately grew reading it came from the agency in New York she applied for a few weeks before.

Greetings from Conde Nast!

              Our agency has been one of the reputable talent agency and publication over the years and has maintained a higher rank. Under our agency, we strive to build and handle artists, letting them grow within our care and hone their talents under our name.

              This is to inform you, Ms. Amelia Francene Kwon, that we would love to represent you under our team of growing artists..

The letter started and it went on with details on how to contact them and what requirements she should start sending if she accepts.

Her jaw dropped reading the email in front of her eyes, repeating over and over to see if she wasn’t dreaming.

“Mia? Let’s start the next set?” Soojin, her close friend and editor of the editorial called her out of her reverie.

She beamed at her and quickly showed her the news she received.

“Oh my god??????” Soojin replied. Mia couldn’t stop grinning.

“This is great for you Mia!!” Soojin said as she grabbed her in for a hug.

“Let’s have a drink to it later! It’s been awhile since we’ve ate together too. Let’s bring the crew after on our dinner break.” Soojin suggested.

“Yeah! Sure, I’d love that!” Mia said still so excited from her news.

“Let’s finish this set first. The clients are eyeing us.” Soojin reminded her.

“Arasso. Fighting!” Mia said beaming with glee.

“Gunbae!! (Cheers!!)” They said as they clinked their beers together.

“Jjan!” The younger ones said as they clinked their soda cans.

“Wow, noona. I can’t believe Conde Nast wants to represent you!!” Hyunsung said after drinking his soda.

“Ya! Ofcourse they’ll want her. Unnie is really good with her work!” Aerum responded.

“Ani, it’s not that much..” Mia said shyly.

“Don’t be so shy about it now. Conde Nast is a big company. They’re handling Vogue, GQ, Glamour, Vanity Fair and more.” Soojin said as he turned the meat over the griller.

They were at a nearby samgyupsal restaurant with the rest of the crew seated on different tables.

“What do you plan to do now unnie? Have you told your agency here in Seoul yet?” Aerum queried.

“I have yet to think this through and plan for a lot of things.”

“What?? So you’re not 100% going for this???” Soojin asked as she shot her a look.

“I mean.. I haven’t told anyone else about this yet.” Mia said with an uneasy face.

“It’s Jackson isn’t it.” Soojin asked remembering Mia’s boyfriend.

“Oh my god.. ofcourse.” Aerum came into conclusion.

“No wonder it will be hard for unnie. Jackson oppa and GOT7 are going on a world tour this year right?” Aerum continued.

“How did you know?” Hyunsung asked her.

“My friend is a fan, she’s always updated and she told me about it. I was actually going to ask Mia unnie how she’ll handle it..” Aerum revealed.

“A world tour lasts for like a year usually, right?” Hyunsung queried.

“Well then that’s perfect! He’s around the world for a year and you go work in New York rather than being stuck here??” Soojin said shining a bright side to the situation.

“Yeah but what happens after the tour, Jackson hyung comes back in Seoul and Mia noona is staying in New York forever?” Hyunsung said nudging his glasses back in place.

“A tour will last a year, tops. Noona will be moving to New York, permanently.” He continued to lay out his thoughts. Aerum nudged him to shut up after seeing Mia’s change of demeanor.

“It’s what I’m afraid of..” Mia muttered.

“Well.. as your friend and unnie, Mi. I say, you should go. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Jackson should be supporting you all the way. Be selfish for once and just take the leap, you know?” Soojin said comforting Mia on her shoulder.

Mia replied with a smile in respect.

“You have to pick between your dreams and Jackson now.” Soojin reminded her.

Aerum’s expression was obvious on her face. “That’s so harsh..” She mumbled to herself.

“That’s life, sweetie. You need to make it or break it and start choosing.” Soojin continued as she helped herself with some samgyupsal meat. Hyunsung was already noticing Mia’s mood.

“Plus, If Jackson really loves you, he won't make you choose.”

“I know him, he wouldn’t like this..” Mia spoke.

“What boyfriend does, anyway right?”

The younger ones had a pity face towards her even if they tried to hide it. She tried to hold it in until she gets a clearer head to think this through.

They continued on finishing their dinner so they can start the editorial again, finish early, pack up and go home.

That is, until it got hectic.

“They said what?!” Soojin exclaimed after hearing the news.

“I’m so sorry unnie. They just sent me in the new proposal.” Aerum said holding the tablet with a new email from the client. Soojin and Mia read over the email.

“So we’ll have to do everything all over again?? What a waste!!” Soojin said frustrated with Mia crossing her arms listening to the conversation.

“Fortunately, they said to just change the last layouts. They immediately thought about this the last minute.”

“My god, so unprofessional??” Mia commented.

“You say that again.” Soojin said pissed. “Arasso, I’ll call them person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter