Not Right Now

Odds Are In Our Favor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s another comeback season for the boys and they’ve gotten a lot busier than usual. Practice nights until dawn, recording sessions, composing, producing music and such.

Because of this, Mia & Jackson haven’t seen each other for weeks. When Mia comes home from a shoot at dawn, Jackson and the boys are already out with their schedules. Even if they’re next door neighbors, it felt like they lived houses apart due to their busy schedules.

While at the recording booth, Jackson was getting pissed that’s he’s been in the booth recording the whole day and while simultaneously getting reprimanded. He couldn’t master well what JYP wanted him to do. In this difficult time, Mia decided to visit them in the studio and give her support food.

“Someone’s here.” One of JYP’s staffs announced as he opened the doors to the studio booth. Jackson lit up seeing Mia and immediately went out of the recording booth.

“You’re here!” Jackson greeted as he stepped out of the booth.

“I’m sorry if I bothered you guys. I’m just going to give these food, and I’ll go I promise.” Mia assured as she apologized seeing JYP watching them and as she bowed politely.

“Ani ani! It’s okay. Please standby and watch. Me & Jackson are just finishing up recording.” JYP spoke.

“Oh, hyung. Um. This is Mia, my girlfriend. Mia, this is JYP pd-nim.” Jackson introduced themselves. Mia politely bowed and shook his hands.

“Nice to meet you. You could’nt have come at a better time. I need help so Jackson could finish his recording.” JYP said.

“I’ve been here the entire day..” Jackson said sadly. Mia gave him an encouraging smile.

“Well then! Get your back in the booth!” Mia instructed. This earned a laugh from JYP himself and some staffs.

“Yes ma’am.” Jackson said as he ran off back to the recording booth.

“Ahh, this boy.. jinjja..” JYP mumbled shaking his head at the lad.

When the recording started back again. Jackson surprisingly did exceptionally well this time earning an applaud from JYP himself. Mia proudly smiled at Jackson giving him a two thumbs up.  

“Kamsahamnida hyung!!” Jackson said through the mic and bowing in respect.

Later towards the evening, they decided eat Mia’s support food with Mia eating with them at the practice room.

“Noona I missed your fruitshakes!” Yugyeom said after taking a sip on Mia’s cocktail fruitshake. They all agreed after.

“And your burgers!!” Bambam commented after eating a bite of his burger.

“Thank god you came today babe. I really needed that. I’ve been tired recording the whole day with JYP and the minute you came my energy increasingly went back.” Jackson stated as he took spoonfuls of Mia’s food in his mouth.

“Arasso, slow down and chew properly.” Mia chuckled seeing Jackson so hungry. The rest of the group were so quiet and chowed down their food.

The doors opened with JYP peeking in. The boys immediately stood up along with Mia and said their hello’s.

“Aniya, go back to eating.” JYP instructed the boys.

“Um, Jackson? Can I talk to your girlfriend for awhile?” JYP asked the lad. All eyes are on Mia.

“Neh, hyung!” Jackson said without hesitation and a mouthful of food.

“Oh god, I’m toast..” Mia mumbled.

“Fighting baby!!” Jackson said with a fist while the others laughed at him.

“Ya, you won’t even defend me???”

“Aniya, I’m scared of him too..” Jackson said as he continued to eat his food earning laughter from the rest of the boys. They too showed a fist gesture at her as they proceeded to eat quietly.

Mia slowly went out of the practice room to meet JYP by the hallway.

“Am I in trouble? I'm sorry I dropped by without notice.. I-I thought I could give them some food.. Jackson said they haven't ate yet.. A-and I don't want them to overwork themselves without filling themselves up..” Mia started spewing explaining herself nervously.

“No no no! Don't worry you're not in trouble. I just want to talk and to thank you.” JYP disclosed which made Mia a bit relieved.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. Thank you for taking good care of Jackson. He has been with us for so many years..”

“You’re not going to fire him right???” Mia immediately concluded.

“No relax..” JYP chuckled at her. “I'm just really expressing my gratitude here.”

“Ah.. mian..” Mia said flustered.

“It's fine. And I was saying. I'm thankful for you, for our Jackson. He's been doing a lot well and even better actually after he met you. He became more passionate as I've ever seen him. He's always smiling and laughing a lot.. not that that's new with us. But his smiles and laughter is even better when he's in love.” JYP pointed out.

“You're welcome.” Mia replied relieved to hear Jackson’s doing well at work.

“You really do love him do you? I heard how you defended his mom from the fans a few months ago.” JYP disclosed.

“Any decent person would do that..”

“Yeah but you're special for Jackson. That's not something we can put aside as normal.” JYP said putting his hands on his pockets. “But please don’t hurt yourself again. He was furious when he asked for meeting with us after that. He asked for extra security, official announcements and he even asked for news to fix the situation.” JYP said as he let out a laugh.

“He really did those?? I didn't know he was actually serious about that.” Mia said dumfounded.

“He was. You don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter