Four.

The Specials

“Motherer!” Jongin winced. He’d just been slammed down on his back, on the hard mud and grass of the field by Kyungsoo, who was unabashedly grinning down at him.

“Don’t be such a potty mouth, Jongin” Chanyeol tutted amusedly.

Everyone had stopped their fights to look at, a now highly embarrassed, Jongin. Some in a amusement, some pityingly – like Minho.

“Alright, enough gawking” Minho announced with a clap of his hands, “get back to it. I’m going to come around and advise you all. Kyungsoo, Jongin – get up, Jongin – you two come here. I’ll start with you.”

With an elegant twist, Jongin was back on his feet, then he and Kyungsoo were walking over to Minho.

“Jongin’s improved a lot” was the first thing out of Kyungsoo’s mouth, “you can see that, right?”

Minho rolled his eyes, “Of course. But, not to sound horrible, he’s not good enough. Even Sehun has shot miles past you now, with skill” he sighed as he looked at the pair, “You dance, yes?”

Jongin nodded, “Yeah?”

“Then you should be more… fluid. Why are you getting caught so much?”

Jongin frowned, “He always knows where I’m gonna be!” he complained, “It’s like he’s psychic or something!”

Minho scoffed, “Don’t be so dramatic” he said, “alright, you know when you dance, it’s like second nature, yeah? Your body knows where to go and your mind follows. More importantly, your body knows where to avoid, hm?”

Jongin’s mouth opening in understanding, “Dance around him?” he asked to confirm, glancing at Kyungsoo who had the faint outline of a smile on his lips.

“Dance circles around him, kid” Minho prompted before moving on to the next pair.

Kyungsoo moved in, stretching his muscles as he did, “Ready for round two?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be” Jongin muttered, making Kyungsoo laugh.

It took Jongin by surprise when a gaggle of rocks shot at him, that he only just managed to twist out of the way.

His stomach flipped as he caught the slightly impressed quirk of Kyungsoo’s lips before he flitted away.

You’re just dancing he thought to himself, and then all of a sudden, the darkness around him cleared, and a blurred view of the field came before him. He was seeing out from inside the void!

His body felt almost too light, like he was simply mist as he flowed through the nothingness of the void. He watched Kyungsoo close his eyes and feel.

With a grin, he flowed over to Kyungsoo’s left before quickly switching to his right to reappear, he could have leapt for joy when the elder made a grab for the left, allowing Jongin to tackle him and pin him to the floor.

Kyungsoo couldn’t even be annoyed. He was too overwhelmed by the feeling of pride in Jongin.

“Gotcha” Jongin grinned down at Kyungsoo. He had the elder’s hands pinned on either side of his head, and was keeping him firmly on the solid ground by straddling his thighs, “I win” he winked.

“Don’t be so sure” Kyungsoo smirked up at him.

Had he not have seen it with his own eyes, Jongin wouldn’t have believed what happened next. Kyungsoo was becoming closer and closer to the Earth, until he wasn’t there at all. He’d melted into the ground, leaving Jongin kneeling on the hard surface, his fingers clutching aimlessly at the grass.

There was a low laugh from behind him as someone tapped on his shoulder. Turning cautiously, he came face to face with Kyungsoo.

“I’m so confused” Jongin whimpered.

It only made Kyungsoo laugh again, “I am one with the Earth” he beamed, lifting his arms happily above his head.

Jongin couldn’t deny that he was in awe at the elder. Kyungsoo never ceased to surprise him, “I… I… Just… Wow”

Kyungsoo jokingly bowed, “Thank you, thank you” he teased frivolously.

“Alright, that’s enough for one day” Minho said, “Class dismissed”

The twelve of them were quick to get their things together and hurry back to the dorm to drop of their things. It had been the last lesson on a Friday, so now they were free to do as they pleased.

On Fridays and Saturdays, curfew was later too, so they had the chance to get some fresh air after dinner.

 

“So,” Baekhyun said as they left the dinner hall, “Who’s up for a friendly fight in the woods?”

The woods on the grounds were massive, and the perfect place for them to blow off steam. It was somewhere they were safe and able to use their powers without The Normals ever finding them.

“Oh, you are so on” Kris grinned, “Teams?”

Baekhyun nodded, “Two captains, yeah? Pick when we get there?”

“Yeah!”

With that, the twelve boys made a break for the woods.

They played ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ to choose captains, and it ended up being Kris and Junmyeon, the latter of which winning the match between the captains and getting first pick.

“Kyungsoo” Junmyeon announced, accepting the high-five from the boy as he came to stand beside him.

Kris smirked at his best friend, “Yixing” he chose.

“Chanyeol” Junmyeon picked, narrowing his eyes at Kris.

“Minseok”

“Baekhyun”

“Tao”

“Sehun”

“Jongdae”

“Jongin”

“Luhan, join the winning team” Kris said easily.

Luhan huffed, “Oh yeah, say that to the guy you got stuck with” he grumbled.

Kris rolled his eyes, “this is the first time you’ve been picked last. Chill” he said.

“Alright” Junmyeon said, “each team enters at opposite ends. No attacks for the first ten minutes – that’s to strategize. Go!”

Each team shot off in a different direction and entered the dark woods.

“Baek, some light? Only dim though” Junmyeon asked, and was greeted with Baekhyun’s glowing body. His rolled his eyes at the boy’s grin, “not what I mean, but it’ll do”

“It’s like this that makes Dae called you a human reading lamp” Kyungsoo pointed out airily, earning himself a playful shove from Baekhyun.

“We’re gonna split up and attack them from all sides” Junmyeon cut off whatever Baekhyun was going to say, “Kris always makes sure they stick together because he thinks it’s a safer tactic. So, we’re gonna divide and conquer. Also, dibs on Yixing”

“In that case, dibs on Luhan” Sehun put in, making the others groan at his obvious crush.

“Whatever, let’s just do this!” Junmyeon said. They were each given a target before being sent off in different directions. Though made sure not to drift off too far from at least one of their other teammates.

Jongin was excited as he trudged through the dirt, readily on the lookout for the other team. This was onlt the third time that he’d ever gotten to play, since it wasn’t every weekend that they did it.

It was as he moved between two trees that the smile fell from his face. The wind seemed colder. He, at first, had expected Sehun to jump out and try to scare him, but then he remembered that Sehun had been sent in the opposite direction.

At a frightening pace, something shot past him, sending him hurtling to the floor, his head crashing against a tree as he did. He landed with his palms on the ground and from the sting he knew they were grazed. There was also a warmth trickling down his forehead that told him the collision with the tree had created a gash on his head.

“My, oh my” a sickeningly sweet voice drawled, “looks like mummy’s little boy isn’t so little anymore”

Jongin hissed as he wiped at the blood on his head with his sleeve, “What are you doing here?!” he growled, “you shouldn’t be here!”

A woman, sleek and thin with waist length black hair, stepped out of the shadows, “Checking up on my baby boy” she purred, checking out her razor sharp nails.

“I’m not your anything” Jongin glared.

The woman shot him a scathing look before shifting closer and leaning over him. Ever so slowly, she brought a finger to Jongin’s cheek, her nail digging into his soft flesh before he dragged it down his face, leaving a fresh cut behind.

Jongin refused to satisfy her sick delight, not making a noise, even as she the blood from her black polish coated nail.

“Don’t forget where you come from, Kai” she hissed, grabbing his chin in her hand and forcing him to look at her.

“My name is not Kai” Jongin spat maliciously.

There was a shuffle of movement from nearby that stopped whatever the woman wanted to say next, “Oh pity,” she sneered as Kyungsoo stepped into view, “I suppose we’ll have to catch up another time, darling son”

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo shouted, sending a mix of heavy debris at the woman as he ran over, but it was too late, as she had already sprinted away, disappearing out of the school grounds. “ing hell, look at the state of you. Are you alright?! Who was that woman? I thought I recognised her… And I thought you said your parents were dead!” he demanded, kneeling beside the injured boy.

It had all happened so fast that Jongin was having trouble making heads or tails of the situation. His mind was reeling too fast and his head was becoming fuzzy from the loss of blood.

“I… I’m adopted” Jongin struggled out. “I… She… My birth mother. Only met her twice before this. Don't want anything to do with her”

Kyungsoo paused, “Jongin… Is she…”

“A Rogue. Yeah” Jongin breathed.

“Right,” Kyungsoo nodded, battling past his inner conflict. He knew that woman from somewhere. But where… Now wasn’t the time. He shook his head, “Right, we need to figure out how she got in here without raising alarm. . Okay, wait here” he said before disappearing into the Earth.

He returned again seconds later, informing a now pale Jongin that the others were on their way. That the game, obviously, was over.

Thankfully, Yixing was the first of the group to arrive. He didn’t bother to waste time with pleasantries as he darted past Kyungsoo and fell to his knees beside Jongin.

Kyungsoo always liked to watch Lay heal people, liked the way he became a different person. As though the cute, sarcastic boy slipped away and was replaced with a knowing man of indifference.

Of course Yixing still cared, but it was as though a mask took a hold of his face and there was no more Yixing, only a healer.

Kyungsoo watched as Yixing’s hands hovered over Jongin, moving around his body, searching for internal damage before they settled on his face.

It was almost in slow motion that the cuts began to fuse back together and the look of pain that had been etched on Jongin’s face dissolved into one of relief.

Once his head and cheek were healed, Yixing made Jongin lift his hands so that they were faced with his palms to the sky.

He kept his eyes calmly focused on Jongin’s as he pressed his own palms against the younger’s hurt ones.

The breeze around them ruffled Yixing’s hair, sweeping it up off of his face before letting it settle again. And when he moved his hands, Jongin’s palms were no longer scuffed up.

Jongin would have looked as good as new if it weren’t for the dried blood that had settled on his skin and matted his hair.

It was as Yixing stood up and helped Jongin to his feet that Junmyeon came bursting through the trees, Sehun and Luhan hot on his tail.

“What happened?” he demanded furiously, “Somebody needs to explain to me what’s going on, right now!”

“Jongin was attacked. Obviously” Kyungsoo said shortly.

Junmyeon him with a dark look on his face, “I don’t have time for your attitude right now, Kyungsoo. So zip it!”

Taken aback by Junmyeon’s tone, Kyungsoo could only nod and take a step back as he folded his arms across his chest.

“Jongin?” Junmyeon prompted, clearly not willing to wait.

Jongin shot an uneasy look at Kyungsoo, his eyes pleading the elder not to spill his secret.

It was a barely there nod from Kyungsoo that made Jongin finally speak, “A Rogue” he said hoarsely, “Woman. Speed for a power. Caught me off guard”

“I can see that” Junmyeon deadpanned, just as the rest of the group piled through the trees to where they were stood.

“It isn’t his fault” Kyungsoo snapped, “Stop acting as though he got hurt on purpose!”

Junmyeon glared slightly at his friend, clearing biting back the full wrath he wanted to throw the Elemental Special’s way, “I’m not suggesting it is. I know it isn’t his fault! I’m just ing scared right now, Kyungsoo! So for once, please, could you just not have a ing opinion to spout!”

“Junmyeon” Kris said softly, placing a hand on the other boy’s shoulder, “Enough.” He turned to look at the others then, “Sehun, Luhan, take Jongin to the hospital wing. Not that I don’t trust you Xing, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Yixing, make sure everyone gets back to the dorm okay. And Kyungsoo… you come with me. Go on, scoot” he instructed.

They all split up to go to their respective places, feeling a lot darker than they had at the start of the day.

“Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asked as he and Kris walked briskly through the school halls.

Kris spared him a quick glance, “to see Onew” he said.

Kyungsoo didn’t need to hear anymore. He already knew that this wasn’t going to be good.

 

“Well, this isn’t good” Onew said gravely as he looked at the two boys sat on the other side of his desk.

Kris hummed, “You’re telling me” he said darkly, “How did she even get in here undetected?”

“Changmin looked into it. She’d somehow disabled our alarms, so he’s setting up magical charms around the school grounds. Should anyone that’s not authorised to get in cross our boundaries from today, then we shall know about it. Not only that, but we’ve now got constant surveillance around the school. Changmin and his men are on the job. They will switch out with Siwon and his guys every few days. We’ll be safe, I promise you that much”  the headmaster told them, then looked at Kyungsoo, “There’s something you’re not telling us” he said, and they all knew it wasn’t a question.

Kyungsoo ran a hand over his face, “You can’t breathe a word of this to anyone” he said, “But that woman… It was Jongin’s birth mother”

“That isn’t all…”

Kyungsoo frowned, “No” he admitted, “I recognised her. But I can’t for the life of me tell where from. I feel like she’s part of a duo, or something stupid like that… But I know that I know her from… somewhere…”

Kris and Onew shared a dark look before they both turned to look back at Kyungsoo. “Are you certain?” Kris asked.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yes” he said gravely. “I’m certain of it”

“Is Jongin okay?” Onew asked suddenly, as though the thought had not occurred to him before then, and given the danger of having a Rogue on school  grounds, it was understandable that his mind was elsewhere.

“He’s okay” Kyungsoo told the elder, “A little shaken up, but that’s to be expected”

“I sent him to the hospital wing with Luhan and Sehun” Kris added, “Just for a final check. It isn’t that I doubt Yixing’s abilities, it’s just that we haven’t had something like this happen in… a very, very long time”

Onew nodded in agreement, “I doubt any of you have been keeping up to date with the newspapers?”

“I’m a little ashamed to say we haven’t” Kris pursed his lips, “Is there something happening our there?”

Onew looked at them both before pulling something out from under his desk and tossing it across the table, letting it land in front of the pair.

It was yesterday’s paper.

Another Normal killed by Rogue. Normal Authorities excuse it as suicide.  The headline read.

Kris took the paper in his hands and began to read, “It’s becoming increasingly dangerous in the Normal world these days, and many more Rogues are taking to the streets and seeing how far they can push the boundaries.. It seems as though they are almost enjoying the idea of playing with the lives of the defenceless in order to amuse their own sick minds.

 “So far, thirteen Normals have lost their lives at the hands of Rogues, though the Normal police are pinning it down to different things, such as suicide.

 “after the latest killing, it has come across that The Rogues are making a sport of the murders… I can’t read anymore” Kris said, looking all too sickened. “I… They’re killing them for sport. Jesus Christ…”

“This is disgusting” Kyungsoo felt as sick as Kris looked, “I… I can’t even. The mentality of them. I don’t understand. I don’t want to understand…”

Onew hummed lowly, “It’s becoming a dark place indeed. I haven’t seen things this bad in a long, long time. You’d all be wise to be on your guard. You may still play in the woods, but never wonder alone, do you understand?”

“Yes, sir” Kris and Kyungsoo said in unison.

Onew nodded, “Good, now, off to your dorms. You’re all to stay inside this weekend. No leaving the school building unless supervised by a member of staff. Pass the message onto the other boys, and let them know that should they not heed my warning, then there shall be dire consequences. You’re dismissed.”

With that, the pair of them left the office. Though it was only a brief meeting, they felt a little more at ease with the reassurance from the Headmaster that they were safe.

They were slow to walk down the halls back to the dorms, and Kyungsoo was pretty sure he knew why.

His suspicions were confirmed when Kris spoke.

“His mother?” was all he said. It was all he needed to say, really.

Kyungsoo sighed, “You can’t tell anyone that you know. Not even Jongin.” He said, “We have to be smart about this”

“You said you recognised her…” Kris prompted.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah. It’ll come to me eventually” he said, “Come on, let’s get back”

When they arrived back in the common room the others were already there, including Jongin, who was now clean of the dried blood.

Kyungsoo didn’t spare any time in walking briskly over to the younger boy. He gave Sehun, who was with him, a quick look. Luckily, he seemed to understand and got to his feet, clapping Jongin on the shoulder before leaving the pair alone.

Kyungsoo took Sehun’s newly vacant seat beside Jongin and sighed. “Weird day, huh?” he commented, aiming for what he hoped was a light tone. He knew on the other side of the room, Kris was updating the other about what was happening, and the rules of staying inside or not going in the woods alone.

“Weird doesn’t even begin to cover it” Jongin breathed. “I thought things would be different here. That I’d be safe. That Sehun would be safe. But look at what just happened. There’s a no such thing as safe anymore, Kyungsoo” he fretted, tugging at his hair in frustration.

Kyungsoo placed a comforting hand on the younger’s thigh, “I’ll keep you safe, Jongin. I promise. And Onew has guards surrounding EXO now. There are new rules in place. We’re not to leave the building this weekend. Then, after that we’re not to go in the woods alone. But it won’t matter because there have been charms put on the school. We’re as safe as a person could get.” He explained, though purposely left out the part about what was in the news. He saw no need to upset Jongin further.

“I’m sorry you had to find out like that… About her” Jongin spoke quietly after a few moments. He couldn’t find it in him to look Kyungsoo in the eye.

“How were… Rogues breed more Rogues. I don’t understand how you got away as a baby…”

Jongin did look up at that, a bitter smile on his lips, “I guess we all have our secrets, don’t we, hyung?”

“Is this your way of getting back at me for the other week?” Kyungsoo asked, his hand still on Jongin’s thigh.

But Jongin shook his head, “No. it’s me finally understand your point. There are just some things you’re not ready to tell the world.” He said softly, a hurt lilt to his voice.

“When did you get so grown up, Little Nini?” Kyungsoo smiled slightly as he gave Jongin’s thigh a squeeze.

Jongin brought his hand down to rest it atop of Kyungsoo’s, “When my favourite hyung yelled at me for being a jealous idiot” he joked half-hearted.

Kyungsoo hummed, absentmindedly twisting his hand under Jongin’s to lace their fingers together, “Jongin,” he said carefully, “Can I ask you something?”

“What’s wrong?” Jongin asked, tightening his hold on Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Nothing’s wrong. I was just wondering… that woman. She called you ‘Kai’ and I… I think that name… I think I’ve heard it before. A long time ago. What is that name to you?”

Jongin hesitated for a moment. He didn’t know if it would be a good move to explain, but if he didn’t, would it make him as bad as those that gave it to him? “It’s my Rogue name” he whispered grimly, “The one I got when I was born. You see, you get a name, but for safety and for… I don’t know, membership, you get a Rogue name too. Kai was what I got given”

“Jongin suits you better, anyhow” Kyungsoo said quietly, his free hand coming up to brush away the tears that Jongin hadn’t noticed he’d let fall, “Don’t cry over them. They aren’t worth it. They aren’t worth anything. The people that raised you will always be your real parents.”

Jongin let his eyes fall closed as Kyungsoo’s thumb ran over his cheek soothingly before he let it drop and the younger slowly opened his eyes again.

Their faces were closer than they had been before, and Jongin had the sudden overwhelming urge to lean in and close the small space between them. So he did, but Kyungsoo pulled back at the same time, slipping his hand gently out of Jongin’s and standing up.

Jongin’s almost slip up went unnoticed. Which was a relief to the younger, he didn’t know what he was thinking. He’d just been too caught up in the moment.

“It’s late,” Kyungsoo said with a yawn, “And it’s been a long day. We should head to bed”

Jongin nodded, “Yeah,” he said, “Yeah, we should” with that, he got to his feet, and the two of them walked to their room.

They washed up quickly and changed into their sleep clothes before heading over to Kyungsoo’s bed and sitting on it.

“You have your own bed, you know” Kyungsoo jibed, though only playfully.

It was obviously that he was simply trying to make Jongin forget about what had happened in the woods, and for that, the younger was really grateful.

Though if Kyungsoo were to be honest, he was also trying to distract himself. The woman was beginning to plague his mind, he wanted to know so very badly how, and where he knew her from.

“Yours is more comfortable” Jongin shrugged, reaching to grab a chocolate from Kyungsoo’s bedside table.

“Oi!” Kyungsoo poked Jongin in the ribs, “Keep your grubby mitts to yourself”

“Or what?” Jongin raised a brow.

Kyungsoo leapt up and forward so fast then that Jongin almost missed it, he landed on the younger, effectively pinning him to the bed. “Or you’ll regret it” he purred, “Don’t expect me to be easy on you because you nearly died. You’re healthy now, kid. That’s all that matters”

“You know, I find you on top of me like this a lot. You need to tell me something ‘Soo?” Jongin smirked up at the elder.

Kyungsoo scoffed, “Oh please. Don’t get ahead of yourself. I just like seeing you lose to me”

“But not to anyone else?” Jongin prompted cheekily.

Kyungsoo pretended to think about it for a moment, “Nah, only I can mess with you. At least I know you’re safe from the big bad world that way” he teased lightly.

“Someone thinks a little highly of himself” Jongin snorted, “I’m not a damsel in distress, you know”

Kyungsoo grinned, “No, you’re a Jongin that is stressed” he chuckled at his own lame joke, “really though, I’m never going to let you win in a physical fight between us.”

“But arguments are fine for me to win?” Jongin rolled his eyes, “Logic”

“Hey, it’s not all the time you can have the right opinion. You saw what went down with me and Junmyeon earlier” Kyungsoo shrugged, sitting up so that he was simply straddling Jongin’s torso now, taking the pressure off of his wrists, that had been on either side of Jongin’s head.

“About that… thanks for sticking up for me, by the way. He kind of shocked me a little with the outburst” Jongin admitted.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah. Doesn’t happen often, but when it does it can be a little scary” he sighed softly, resting his hands on Jongin’s chest. “I was being a bit of a in all fairness”

“So was he,” Jongin said, “He shouldn’t have yelled”

“Ah, it’s not his fault” Kyungsoo waved him off, “It was a very… I don’t know, shocking situation. Emotions were running high, still are really. People tend not to think too much when they’re afraid. I can’t hold that against him”

Jongin looked a little bewildered at that, “You’re really had to grow up too fast, didn’t you?” he said softly.

Kyungsoo shrugged a shoulder, “It happens” he replied, “But at least I know where I’m at. What I’m doing. It might be a little sad to some, but that’s just how it is”

“I really admire you” Jongin said before he could stop himself.

Kyungsoo’s lips crept up at the corners, hinting at a smile, “Thank you. But I’m really not worth admiring. I’ve done my fair share of stupid , believe me.”

“Making mistakes doesn’t make you any less admirable. If anything, admitting you’ve made them makes you more so” Jongin told him earnestly.

Kyungsoo wacked him on the chest, though not enough for it to hurt, “Shut up” he flushed prettily, making the boy beneath him smile.

“Are you embarrassed?” Jongin grinned, “you’re so cute, oh my god”

Kyungsoo glared down at him, “I will murder you, and I can literally bury you so deep in the Earth that nobody will be able to ever find you. Got it?”

“If you say so, hyung, if you say so” Jongin grinned.

Kyungsoo looked anything but amused, “You wanna go sit on your own bed?” he prompted pointedly.

“No”

“Then shut your trap” he smiled sarcastically.

Jongin couldn’t help but laugh at the look, “Wow. That smile. So y” he snorted.

Kyungsoo grinned for real at that, “The iest” he chuckled with a nod.

“Well, am I scarred for life or what?” Jongdae piped up from the doorway.

He burst into a fit of laughter at how fast Kyungsoo climbed off of Jongin and shoved the younger onto the floor.

“It’s not what it looked like!” Kyungsoo blurted, ignoring the pained ‘hyung, why?’ that came from the mess of limbs on the stone floor that was Jongin.

That only managed to make Jongdae laugh all the more, “That was brilliant!” he clapped as he walked over to the pair, “but I didn’t actually think you were up to no good, you know…”

“I hate you” Kyungsoo groaned, falling back on his bed and covering his face with his arms.

“Not for nothing, but I’m still in pain down here” Jongin gasped, “A little help anyone?”

Jongdae snorted but walked over and helped Jongin up, “Quit being such a baby,” he rolled his eyes, “You weren’t even complaining when you were like the walking dead earlier”

“I didn’t get thrown on a stone floor earlier” Jongin grumbled.

 

After the long day that it had been, Kyungsoo was glad to finally be able to go to sleep.

He had agreed to let Jongin sleep in his bed, since the younger was still a little shaken by the day’s events, but thankfully, the beds were big enough for them both to fit in it comfortably.

He was quick to drift into sleep, feeling the heavily burdened weight of the day melting off of him as he did. The real world slipped away, and his dreams came into play.

 

He ran into the room just in time to see his father let out a scream of pain and fall to the floor, his clothes soaked in blood from the gashes across his torso. His eyes were still open, glazed over as his dead form looked directly at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo’s chest tightened, and there was a large lump in his throat as he fought back tears. A hand wrapped around his upper arm and tugged him away. It was his mother. She looked worse for wear, but then, he guessed that he did also. There was a large cut going from her forehead, around her cheek and down to her chin. Her eyes were bloodshot and teary.

Though, Kyungsoo supposed seeing your husband die before your eyes would do that.

“What a lovely little moment” a man’s voice drawled amusedly in the dark hallway.

Kyungsoo and his mother whipped their heads around to look at him, “Why are you doing this?!” his mother demanded, her voice raw and hoarse.

“I’m doing this for what your darling husband did to us!” The man shouted viciously, “This is for Kai!”

Kyungsoo looked at his mother in confusion, his youth really showing in that moment, “Mum?” he asked worriedly, “Mum what’s this about? Dad… he…”

“Kyungsoo, hush love” His mother cooed softly despite the direness of the situation.

“Yes, love, hush now” another female voice ran out, “Mummy has some things to pay up for”

There was a whip of black hair that shot past him, and then his mother was being dragged down the hallway, screaming to him, screaming for him to do something.

“KYUNGSOO!” she called to the child that was stood frozen as the man and woman dragged her away from him, “Kyungsoo, RUN!”

He his heel and began to run, just as he made it out of the door, his mother’s scream fell silent.

Kyungsoo sat up, his lips open in a silent scream. It had been so long since he’d dreamt about his parent’s death. It was fuzzy, but he felt that there was something in that dream he ought to remember… “This is for Kai”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Chapter four is up a little later than I intended,
but I have been a touch busier than I expected.
So I hope this makes up for the lateness~
Drop me a comment and let me know what you thought ^^

Much love~
Until next time<3