Two.

The Specials

As it turned out, Sehun soon realised that being Luhan’s ‘new recruit’ meant sneaking around to trick people into getting together.

So far, Sehun had been informed that Luhan had been the one to get Baekhyun and Chanyeol together, as well as Junmyeon and Yixing.

“So,” Sehun said as he and Jongin walked side by side to their power control lesson, “How are things with you and Kyungsoo?” he asked.

Jongin looked at him oddly. They’d been there for just over a week now, and they’d ended up fitting in rather well. The others had taken them in right off the bat and accepted them into their group. Everyone got along fine, so it made sense for Jongin to be suspicious, “We’re fine?” he said, “Why?”

“Oh you know, just wondering” Sehun smiled, “What do you think of the guys? Think any of them are… I don’t know, datable?”

“Sehun, what the are you doing?” Jongin frowned as he and the former stepped into Jonghyun’s classroom and took their seats beside Kris and Junmyeon.

Sehun shuffled awkwardly in his seat, “Nothing, I’m just… curious”

“Is this about Luhan?” Jongin asked suddenly, “You like him, don’t you?”

Sehun coughed, “What? What that’s not… No, this isn’t! I’m asking about you and Kyungsoo, oh my god!”

“Controlling your powers is a difficult thing to do when you’re a beginner” Jonghyun spoke up as he entered the room, “In this class we have a range of ability over power control. So, Kyungsoo, as the top of our class, please step forward, and Sehun, as one of our lower level students, please come to the front. The two of you will demonstrate how to use your power without the influence of your body. So, minds only boys”

Kyungsoo frowned, “Sir, I have an unfair advantage though” he opposed as he and Sehun stood side by side at the front.

“Don’t argue, just do it” Jonghyun said, though there was no malice behind it.

Kyungsoo sighed, nodding at the teacher before turning to Sehun, “Alright, make the first move, Sehun”

“I… Just like that?” Sehun frowned.

Kyungsoo nodding, beckoning Sehun to make a move.

Sehun frowned deeper, he wasn’t very effective with using his powers with solely his mind yet. He was okay, but he knew that he was nowhere near as good as Kyungsoo.

Narrowing his eyes in concentration, he managed to create a fairly strong gust of wind and aim it towards Kyungsoo, who was blown backwards by a few feet, but didn’t fall at all. He offered Sehun a small smile to let him know that he’d done well before making his move.

Sehun should have seen it coming, when he though back on it, but he really hadn’t. There was a jolt from beneath his feet and then, there was small clumps of concrete and dirt flying right at him. Though he did his best to doge the clumps, he was effectively knocked back onto his .

He shielded his face with his arms before thinking hard and feeling a surge of energy leave him in the form of air, creating a small twister and dragging the dirt and concrete into it before sending it at Kyungsoo, who managed to dodge out of the way by using the ground to lift himself and move to the other side of Sehun.

Once Kyungsoo was back at the same level of ground, the bit of floor that had moved him shot directly at Sehun and crashed into him, causing the twister to falter as it knocked the air out of his lungs.

“, Sehun, are you alright?” Kyungsoo asked, sending the chunk of floor back to its original place, “I didn’t think you’d fall so hard”

“M’fine” Sehun gasped, air back into his body. “Just caught me off guard. You’re really good”

Kyungsoo flushed slightly at the praise, “I’m alright” he brushed it off, “you though. Sehun, you’ve really improved a lot!”

“Ah, thank you” Sehun grinned, accepting the hand Kyungsoo offered to help him to his feet, “I’ve been practicing a little in my spare time”

Kyungsoo smiled a smile was that akin to the smile of a proud elder brother, “It’s nice to see you’re using your time wisely” he patted Sehun on the back, “You’ll be a pro in no time”

“Whilst your powers are growing, you should be training as best you can at all times. Using your mind to control your abilities will be a definite advantage as things go on. Say you’re trapped, your hands are bound. How do you get out? You have your powers, but you need to be able to use them” Jonghyun lectured, “Kyungsoo has almost complete control. He needs to work on the finer details of it all, but at least he’s getting there. Sehun has improved a lot, even in just a week, he’s able to create a small twister by mind now, and that’s brilliant. Hard work pays off. So, you have this hour to practice using your abilities with your minds, and by next lesson, I expect that you’ll all have developed to the next stage of control. Meaning that people like, Baekhyun, for example, will not only be able to give light with his mind, but also take it. No hands used. Or Yixing will be able to look at someone and pull their life force. He won’t need to lift a hand towards them. You get the point”

The class nodded before Jonghyun took to his seat and set about looking over some of their homework assignments from the week previous as they all practiced.

“You’re brilliant” Jongin said, moving to sit beside Kyungsoo, “Like that thing where you used the floor to lift you… Wow”

Kyungsoo smiled bashfully, “It wasn’t all that” he waved a dismissive hand, “I’ve got a long way to go”

“Still impressive” Jongin told him, “I really admire how hard you work, Soo”

Kyungsoo smiled, “Thanks, Jongin” he said softly, “Do you… D’you want me to help you with this?”

“If you don’t mind” Jongin shrugged, “It’s not that I can’t do it, it’s just part of my power is pushing or pulling other things through nothing, you know? I can sort of do it…” he said, lifting a hand, he waited a moment before the pen he’d left beside Sehun suddenly appeared in his palm, “but I can only do it with small stuff… So, maybe you can help me with bigger objects?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Let’s get this show on the road” he grinned, “It helps if you clear your mind, focus on what you want to happen and then picture it happening. Picture yourself doing it without using your body as help. And then make that thought a reality”

“It sounds simple in theory” Jongin said, shifting slightly in his seat, “But it’s the practice. I don’t want to up”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, offering Jongin a soft snort, “If you don’t up from time to time, how do you expect to improve?”

“That seems to be a reoccurring theme here” the younger of the pair pointed out, “Mess up a lot or something?”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “You have a lot to learn, kid” he said, “It isn’t about getting everything right on the first try, it’s about keeping it up until you have it down. People aren’t going to be impressed if you can do ten thousand things half-arsed. But if you do one thing ten thousand times to perfection, then that is ground for people to be impressed”

“Alright, alright” Jongin snorted, “okay, let me try this then”

Kyungsoo nodded, “okay, you see Junmyeon’s pencil case? Focus on it, and try and bring it in front of me”

“Just like that?” Jongin asked incredulously.

“Just like that” Kyungsoo affirmed.

Jongin let out a breath, turning to look at Junmyeon’s pencil case. He memorised it before turning to face Kyungsoo’s desk. He took another deep breath and narrowed his eyes slightly.

For a few moments, nothing happened, then there was a soft breeze and the pencil case dropped in front of Kyungsoo. Though it looked a little more beaten up than it had moments ago, it was still progress.

Kyungsoo grinned, slapping Jongin on the arm, a gesture of proudness. “Good for a first try” he said, “Now send it back without it falling apart”

Jongin shot him a soft glare before closing his eyes and trying to picture the space in front of Junmyeon. He let out a breath and concentrated hard on moving the pencil case through nothing, then when he opened his eyes the pencil case was sat back in front of its owner, looking perfectly fine.

He turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was looking back at him with a fond smile. “Well, would you look at that” the older boy said with a grin.

“I think I might be starting to get the hang of this” Jongin laughed, “So watch out when we go one-on-one again, eh, Soo?”

Kyungsoo snorted, “Don’t count your chickens before they’ve hatched, Jonginnie” he said, “It’s only going to get your beat again”

“Rude” Jongin huffed playfully before looking slightly more sombre. He played with the pen in his hands and sighed, “Can I ask you something?”

Kyungsoo looked back at him cautiously, “You can ask” he said slowly, “Doesn’t mean I’ll answer”

“Right, well…” Jongin started, “I was just wondering. You know when you got really pissed at me on my first day? I was just wondering why what I said hit such a nerve… I… yeah”

Kyungsoo let out a puff of air through his nose before looking darkly at Jongin, “I was annoyed because it touched a nerve. I don’t like it when people talk about stuff they don’t understand. I watched my parents get murdered” he admitted, “So when you asked if I knew anything about getting killed… I do.”

“Ah,” Jongin nodded, “I’m sorry to hear that. I know how you feel though… You heard me, right? When I was telling Sehun we can’t go home?”

Kyungsoo nodded unsurely.

“Well, our home town, we lived with Normals, but my parents and Sehun’s parents were part of the Specials council. They were planning on a counter attack on the Rogues, and they caught wind of it. I saw my dad get killed, and my mum pushed me out before they got here so that I could escape. They were breaking into Sehun’s house when I found him. I’ve been friends with the kid since we were born, so I did the only thing I could. I grabbed him and I teleported us away. Onew found us a couple of days later and brought us here” Jongin sighed, “I know you think that I’m a punk that doesn’t know anything, but it’s not really like that. I know that I’m not powerful. I know that I’ve got a long way to go, but I put on like I’m tough because I need to make Sehun think I am”

Kyungsoo nodded, “I get it” he said, “And I’m sure everyone here has a lot of baggage. And it gets to us from time to time. It’s why we help each other grow. Help each other improve. Because we’re all each other has, here. We’re family”

“I don’t get to hear your tragic back story, then?” Jongin asked, almost teasingly, to clear the sadness that had come over the atmosphere.

The ground rumbled beneath Jongin, then his chair folded in on itself and he found himself on the floor as a slightly smiling Kyungsoo looked down on him, “No” he said, “Not just yet. There’s plenty of time for that when I get to know you a little better”

“Do you want to?” Jongin asked from his place on the floor.

Kyungsoo’s smile grew slightly before he schooled his features into cool indifference, “I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea” he shrugged, holding out a hand for Jongin to take.

Jongin allowed himself to be heaved from the floor before asking, “Did you do that to the chair?”

“I did”

“How?” Jongin asked, quite obviously perplexed.

Kyungsoo chuckled, “I told you,” he said, finally dropping Jongin’s hand, “it’s all from the Earth. Minerals. It all came from something, and it just so happens that I control that something when I want to. People underestimate just how much influence the Earth has over our everyday lives, which I can use to my advantage”

“Well, you’re covered for Halloween then” Jongin smirked, “You could be Magneto”

Kyungsoo sighed, “And you can find someone else to practice with on the grounds that I am not talking to an idiot” he said, though he was smiling. “Go work with Chanyeol whilst I work with Baekhyun” he waved a hand at the chair, which returned to its previous state before walking over to join his best friend.

Jongin couldn’t help the grin that took over his face as he saw Kyungsoo shoo Chanyeol in his direction. The giant looked rather annoyed, but still trudged toward Jongin with a smile.

“Hi” he said, “so, any luck with your control?”

Jongin nodded, “I’m getting a bit better” he said, “or at least Kyungsoo said I am”

“No, yeah, you are. Sehun is too. You guys are getting along really well. It’s cool” Chanyeol nodded, “Wanna see something funny?”

“Sure?”

Chanyeol smirked slightly before turning around to face where Kris, Junmyeon, Sehun and Luhan were now sat. he shot a wink at Jongin before turning his attention back to Kris.

Just as Jongin was about to ask what Chanyeol was doing, a shower of flames began to fall over Kris, causing the dragon to screech and fall backwards out of his chair, effing and blinding as he did.

“PARK CHANYEOL!” Kris yelled, getting to his feet again, only to find another shower of flames raining down on him.

Junmyeon heaved a sigh and countered them with water, turning the small flame drops to steam before creating a cloud over Chanyeol and raising a threatening brow.

“Alright, alright. I’m stopping” Chanyeol said, holding his hands up in defence, “No need to get all stormy on me, gramps”

“Watch yourself, Park” Kris glared, “I’m so getting you back for that”

Chanyeol laughed easily as Junmyeon got rid of the rain cloud, “I look forward to it, Fan-Fan”

“Why am I even friends with this kid” Kris groaned, “Why am I even in this class right now? I can already shift with just my mind?!”

“Because you obviously at it” Chanyeol jeered easily.

Kris’s eyes narrowed and before them, he changed into a crow before taking flight right towards Chanyeol, pecking him where his skin was exposed.

“Motherer!” Chanyeol gasped, batting Kris away, “Alright, ing hell, I’m sorry!”

There was a flash of satisfaction in the Crow’s eyes before he changed back into Kris, “That’s what I thought” he smirked, his face close to Chanyeol’s, “Oh” he said, stepping back, “Are we still sneaking into the kitchen later to get ice-cream?”

“Obviously” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Now piss off, I’m trying to teach the newbie a thing or two”

“What could you possibly teach anyone?” Kris jibed impishly, “you should work on your own powers”

Chanyeol snorted in distaste, “Blow me”

“You wanna re-think that?” Baekhyun raised a brow at his boyfriend, the light around Chanyeol dimming slightly as he did.

Chanyeol shot him a sheepish smile, “All in good fun?” he tried.

“No” Baekhyun replied before sending a flash of light towards Chanyeol, knocking him back into Jongin before he turned back to talk to Kyungsoo.

Jongin gave Chanyeol a pat on the back, “Well, that could have been worse?”

“Oh trust me, you don’t know the half of it. The Norms have it easy, all they do it argue. Here, it’s complete abuse of power” Chanyeol grumbled.

“Well, if you were more powerful, it wouldn’t be a problem, would it?” Baekhyun called over his shoulder.

Chanyeol chuckled softly, shaking his head as he did, “See what I mean?” he whispered to Jongin before turning back to Baekhyun, “You’re lucky I love you so damn much, Byun”

“I know” Baekhyun snickered.

“You know,” Minseok said, saddling up to stand between Chanyeol and Jongin, “You two will never cease to amaze me”

Chanyeol blinked down at him, “What? Why?”

“You’re just… weird. Cute, but ing weird” Minseok said, keeping his composure as he watched Junmyeon slowly wrap a small stream of water around Chanyeol and Jongin’s ankles.

“Not as cute as you and Jongdae” Chanyeol wiggled his brows.

“There is no me and Jongdae” Minseok replied tiredly, walking forward a couple of steps as the water began to freeze at his will.

“What are you up to?” Jongin asked suddenly, “You look like you’re up to something”

Minseok smirked, “I do? Surely not?”

“He’s just sore because Jongdae hasn’t asked him out yet” Chanyeol half-joked.

“Oh please” Minseok shot back, “If I wanted anything to happen with me and Jongdae, it’d happen”

Jongdae giggled in the back ground, “He’s not wrong” he put in, blowing Minseok a kiss, and grinning at the wink he got in return.

Chanyeol moved as though to take a step forward, only to find himself falling flat on his face. Jongin, not realising what had happened tried to step over to help him, only to meet the same fate.

The others in the room erupted in laughter as the pair looked down at their ice-shackled ankles.

Chanyeol groaned in embarrassment as he reached down and touched the ice, melting it away, then doing the same for Jongin before they both stood up again.

“Why?” Chanyeol asked, “Just why?”

Minseok bit back a laugh, “It was Junmyeon’s idea” he said, not bothering to apologise.

Junmyeon waved from where he was still sat at his desk.

“What are we, five?” Jongin sighed, running a hand through his hair and walking off to sit beside Sehun.

“Blame Chanyeol” Junmyeon piped up, “He shouldn’t have started on Kris”

“Nice to see you have your little bodyguard, Krissy-Wissy” Chanyeol tittered, “I swear, that innocent little face you have going on is just a mask for all that inner evil, Myeon”

Junmyeon looked rather proud of himself at that, “What can I say?” his eyes twinkled with delight, “I have my moments”

“He sure does” Yixing voiced, his eyes dark and focused on Junmyeon, who flushed slightly at the compliment.

“Oh god, please no” Tao shuddered, “It’s bad enough with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, don’t you two start as well. You’re like my parents for crying out loud”

Junmyeon gave Tao a pat on the back, “Now now, let’s be grown up about this, Tao. If my boyfriend wants to flirt with me, then I can’t stop him”

“And if Junmyeon gets all blushy, well, I enjoy that too much to stop it” Yixing added, pressing a kiss to Junmyeon’s cheek as the latter wrapped an arm around him.

“Have you ever used your powers on each other?” Sehun asked suddenly, looking between Yixing and Junmyeon.

Yixing nodded as though it wasn’t a big deal, “Of course we do. We need to in order to train” he explained.

“Right, but aren’t you scared that you’ll push it? Isn’t it hard to watch yourself basically killing the person you love?” Sehun asked, tilting his head to one side, watching Yixing in fascination.

Yixing looked a little uncomfortable at the question, but answered nonetheless, “It’s always scary. But life it full of hard choices. I know that I can bring him back, and I’m confident in my own abilities to know that I would never hurt the people I care for” he said, “So although it’s scary, if I thought for a minute they couldn’t handle it, I would pull back right away”

Jonghyun glanced up at them from his desk, “I would yell at you for not working, but the hours over. You’re free to go” he said, “Don’t forget I expect you to be up to the next stage by next lesson”

The twelve of them walked out of the class and along to their dorms. They had an hour before their next lesson – History with Taemin – so decided to relax in the common room.

“Why are the teachers here always leaving us to our own devices?” Jongin asked, “Should they be, I don’t know… teaching?”

Baekhyun shook his head, “It isn’t that. They teach us what they can, but because most of us have been here for a long time, they let us build on our own too. You’ll notice it’ll change depending on the topic. Jonghyun tends to teach more when it comes to technique, and Minho gets really involved with new defence skills and stuff. But sometimes, they let us take what we’ve picked up and practice it with each other. That way we get more of a feel for it” he explained, “But History is a lot different. It’s mostly sitting and listening, then writing long reports, because Taemin is the spawn of Satan and likes us to suffer”

Jongin sighed, “Kyungsoo!” he called, “Want a lift?”

Kyungsoo grinned, pushing through the group to grab Jongin’s hand. As soon as he’d grabbed it, the two of them disappeared, then re-appeared in the empty common room.

“God, I’m glad you came here” Kyungsoo laughed as the two of them flopped onto the sofa in front of the fire.

Jongin huffed dramatically, “Oh, I see how it is” he pouted at the older boy, “Just keep me around for your flitting benefits”

“Of course” Kyungsoo grinned, “What else would I have you for?”

Jongin raised a brow before disappearing, then showing himself again, only now he was right in front of Kyungsoo, his face pressed up close to the elder’s, “I can think of a few things I wouldn’t be averse to” he said lowly.

“What makes you think I’d want you?” Kyungsoo breathed, his eyes locked with Jongin’s.

Jongin smirked, “Because you haven’t got any in ages” he whispered, his lips ghosting over Kyungsoo’s, “But the others are almost here, so let’s not talk about nitty gritty stuff like that, eh?”

“Well, this came out of nowhere” Kyungsoo said, “Had an eye on me, have you?”

Jongin breathed out a laugh, “I know a nice thing when I see it” he shrugged, pulling away and sitting back beside Kyungsoo, “Besides, you know what Sehun and Luhan are up to, right?”

“Of course I do” Kyungsoo said, kicking his feet up and resting them on Jongin’s lap, “You’d have to be stupid not to. They’re idiots though, and Sehun is obviously only doing it because he has the hots for Lu”

“Of course” Jongin agreed, then fought back a smile as the other ten began to clamber through into the common room.

“Thanks for leaving us behind, jackass” Sehun grumbled, falling down beside Jongin, “Clear favouritism. I’m wounded”

Jongin cackled as he wrapped an arm around Sehun, pulling him close, “Oh baby, you were never my favourite”

“That’s okay” Luhan appeared behind them, looking down at the pair, “You can be my favourite, Sehun” he ruffled the youngest’s hair.

Sehun beamed up at him, “Sounds like a plan” he agreed, “Oh, that reminds me, can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure, come on” Luhan gave Jongin a pat on the shoulder as Sehun stood up, then the two of them moved over to a clear area in the common room to talk, “What’s the word, Sehunnie?”

Sehun looked slightly embarrassed, shifting from one foot to another, “I know that I’m the worst here at everything. I know that I’m not very good at using my powers as best as I could, so… I was wondering. Would you… Tutor me?” he asked, “I know it’s a lot to ask, especially because you’ve probably got a lot better things to do, but I really, really want to improve, you know?”

Luhan smiled sweetly up at the youngest, “Sehun, relax. It’s not a problem. I’d love to help you. We can start tonight if you want?”

“Really?” Sehun asked happily, “You really don’t mind?”

Luhan shook his head, “I really don’t mind” he replied, “I want you to do well”

Across the room, Baekhyun was watching the pair in amusement, “Ah, young love” he muttered to himself before a pair of long arms wrapped themselves around him from behind.

“Nah, that won’t happen” Chanyeol commented, resting his cheek against Baekhyun’s and rocking them slightly.

Baekhyun scoffed, “Oh please, Sehun is practically in his pants over our little Lulu” he retorted, “you really don’t think anything’ll happen?”

“I dunno” Chanyeol shrugged, holding Baekhyun closer, “I just… Lu’s a fair bit older than Sehun, isn’t he? Maybe it’ll be an issue”

“Not if they really like each other” Baekhyun pointed out, “It could be pretty cute. I mean, come on. Look at them, look at how they’re looking at each other”

“Alright, but what about Kyungsoo and Jongin, though?” Chanyeol contemplated, “They’ve been getting on pretty well. Jongdae said they’re always giggling about some before they sleep or whatever. How did that come about?”

Baekhyun’s mood darkened slightly, as did the lighting around him and Chanyeol, “There’s nothing there” he said, “Kyungsoo’s just a nice person and he’s helping Jongin settle in. There’s nothing else to it”

“Okay, you’re taking this a little personally, aren’t you?” Chanyeol asked awkwardly, letting Baekhyun turn in his hold so that they were face to face.

Baekhyun sighed, bringing the lighting back up, “It’s not that… It’s just he doesn’t need the hassle. This would be… Look, I’ve not got anything against Jongin, but he’s not what Kyungsoo needs right now. Alright, he might be a distraction, but he… Kyungsoo doesn’t need to be in a relationship. He needs friends, and that’s that”

Chanyeol sighed, “Baek… You don’t… You’re not… are you?”

“Chanyeol, I love you” Baekhyun said, “I’m not, nor will I ever be, in love with Kyungsoo. He’s my best friend, I’m just looking out for him. And right now, I think he needs to focus on himself and not more distractions”

“He’s a big boy, Baek. You know he’s more than capable of deciding for himself” Chanyeol said softly, “You can’t live his life for him.”

Baekhyun sighed as he buried his face in Chanyeol’s chest, “I just…  I worry about him. I know he’s strong, but whenever I close my eyes, I see that scared little kid I found in the gutter and I don’t want to ever see him like that again” he explained. His voice muffled by Chanyeol’s jumper.

Chanyeol rubbed Baekhyun’s back soothingly, “He’ll never be back there. Ever. You think any of us would let that happen?”

“Of course not. But I don’t want him to… just. What if he lets his guard down and they… they…” Baekhyun was becoming slightly hysterical, fidgeting in Chanyeol’s arms.

Chanyeol shushed him gently and pulled him into a quiet corner where he sat on a cosy armchair and pulled the shorter boy into his lap, “He’s not you” Chanyeol said calmly, “he won’t go through what you did. And you’ll never have to go through that again either. I won’t let it happen”

“How do you know that? You can’t know that” Baekhyun’s eyes shimmered with tears, “Yeol… They get me again every night. I can barely sleep though reliving it all and it’s been nearly six years. Four since they intercepted the letter to my mum. How do I know that they don’t know where I am?!”

Chanyeol fought back his own tears at seeing his boyfriend so scared, “I will never, do you hear me, never, let anyone hurt you again, Baekhyun. I’ll protect you for the rest of my life” he said, his voice strong and sure.

“I don’t need protecting” Baekhyun sniffed.

Chanyeol smiled slightly, “I know. Strong little light, I know”

Baekhyun smiled back shyly before pressing a soft kiss to Chanyeol’s cheek, “We have class soon" he said, “Shall we head out? I feel like a slow walk”

“Let’s go” Chanyeol nodded.

They made it to the classroom at the same time as the others, despite having left out early, and Taemin was already there by the time everyone took their seats.

“Since we have the newbies, I’m going to re-cap on a few things,” the teacher announced, “then we’ll continue with our lesson on The Rogues and how they came to be. Please take out the books from below your desks and turn to page forty-nine. Oh, and there will be a test at the end of term”

There was a rumble of sighs and groans as they twelve boys complied.

“Jongdae, read the first few paragraphs, please” Taemin said, opening his own and leaning back against his desk with his ankles crossed.

Jongdae nodded and began, “Only a thousand years ago, The Specials were a thriving species. They could out-number even The Normals. But then came the war, and our people turned against one another. Many of us were wiped out, and now there are very few of certain types of Specials. The Pure Specials were the first to die, those that had turned Rogue didn’t like the thought of Pure equating Royalty. Then they the council. And before long, every Special was fighting for survival.

 “Many Normals were caught in the crossfire. But they always had excuses for it. The last huge epidemic was tied down to what they called ‘The Black Plague’. Over a matter of centuries, our numbers dwindled down to the ten-thousands.

 “Many thought that was the end of it, but over the years, braver Rogues have tried their luck again and now, we have but thousands left. Many Rogues are still out there, waiting for their moment to strike…”

A heavy silence fell over the room as they boys looked around at one another uneasily.

“Can anyone tell me what The Rogues are after?” Taemin’s voice tore through the silence.

“Ultimate Power” Baekhyun spoke up, “they think we shouldn’t have to live in harmony with The Normals. That anyone who does is scum. They think Specials are the only humans that should exist. They’ll kill those who think otherwise. They’re willing to have even only two-hundred Specials inhabit the Earth, if it means that all The Normals, and the Normal sympathisers are dead and buried”

Taemin nodded thoughtfully, “Very good” he said, though they all felt it was anything but, “As I’m sure you’re all aware, The Rogues are dangerous, they’re violent, and they’re still at large. It’s why you guys are here in the first place. You’re here not only to learn about your powers, about how to improve them, but you’re here to learn how to use them. To learn how to fight and defend yourself. I’m not trying to scare any of you, but the chances are that at some point in your life, you’ll be up against one, maybe more of them.

 “The council has gone into hiding to figure out our next move, but their numbers have grown since we last were up against them. We still outnumber them for now, but who’s to say if it will last. I know some of you have had to deal with them already, some more than others, and some of you haven’t been up against them at all. I’m here to help you understand why it’s so important we don’t let history repeat itself”

Tentatively, Baekhyun raised his hand.

“Yes?”

“Sir, is there any way that we won’t ever have to face them in the future?” he asked, looking rather green.

Taemin sighed, “I honestly can’t make any promise on that front.” Taemin said, “Look, for now don’t worry about it. It’s not likely that they’ll ever attempt anything here, not with Onew here. Or Minho for that matter. You’re safe. The point is that you know what’s out there, that you know the threat it real, and that you’re prepared, alright?”

Baekhyun nodded, “Alright” he said, but it was more out of not wanting to argue than actually feeling reassured.

The class remained rather blue from there, just listening to one another as they read more from the book, and Taemin told them more of the wars that had happened over time.

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun’s hand a squeeze below the table, knowing how hard it was for his boyfriend.

Kyungsoo’s face grew darker the longer the lesson went on. He snuck a few glances at his best friend to make sure he was alright, and upon seeing Chanyeol taking such good care of him, relaxed somewhat.

From beside him, Jongdae placed a hand on his knee, “Just focus on the fact that you’re ready for them if they ever did come back” he whispered, “You’re more powerful than anyone I know. If anyone is ready for them, it’s you”

“It’s just… A lot of bad memories, you know?” Kyungsoo whispered back, “I know I can handle it. But I’m scared that he can’t” he said softly, nodding towards Baekhyun.

“He’s stronger than we think” Jongdae said softly, “I’m certain he’ll surprise us the most”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello~
I present Chapter Two!
Let me know whar you thought, please~
Much love~
Until next time<3