Three.

The Specials

Luhan felt on top of the world as he watched Sehun lift himself into the air using the sheer force of the wind pushing down from his palms. They’d been working on it for two weeks and the younger had finally cracked it.

There was a thump as Sehun landed on the floor on a heap of limbs.

Luhan cringed as he heard Sehun groan in pain. It took him a moment to remember that he should help before he bound over to Sehun’s side and pulled him to his feet.

“You alright?” Luhan asked, pulling a face at the grass stains on Sehun’s white shirt.

Sehun nodded, “I’ve had it worse” he shrugged, “Until I fell, how cool was that though?”

“Oh yeah,” Luhan snorted, “So cool, Sehun. Really”

Sehun scoffed, “Oh please. Don’t act like you weren’t impressed. I saw the look on your face”

Luhan chuckled under his breath, “Whatever” he said easily.

“I have something that’ll impress you” Sehun remarked smugly, stalking towards Luhan.

Luhan took a cautious step back, “What are you doing? Sehun… Seriously, you’re freaking me out! Sehun, sto-ah!”

He cut himself off with a scream as Sehun grabbed him, hiked him up and then took off running faster than Luhan thought possible.

The next thing Luhan knew, Sehun was setting him back on his feet and they were on the roof of the old school building.

“Did you just…” Luhan struggled to find the right words.

Sehun smirked, “Run like the wind?” he supplied, “You could say so”

“But how the did we get up here?!” Luhan screeched, moving to the middle of the roof and squatting close to the floor.

Sehun shrugged, “I ran up the side of the building” he said simply.

Luhan blinked up at him, “I thought you hadn’t mastered any of your powers yet?! How the ?!”

“Things in motion stay in motion” Sehun said almost exasperatedly, “It was more science than me having a grasp on my powers” he sat down beside Luhan, “Also, why are you sitting in the middle of the roof?”

“Nerd” Luhan snickered, “And because… I, um, don’t like heights”

Sehun hummed in acknowledgement, “Ah, well, let’s get you back on solid ground then, shall we?” he smirked getting back to his feet.

“No, Sehun wait, I can-” but Sehun had already grabbed him and set off. “-Walk” he deadpanned once they’d come to a stop back on the field.

Sehun grinned impishly, “does that scare you too?” he teased lightly.

“No,” Luhan huffed, “you’re just an idiot that’s gonna get me killed with your idiotic powers”

“This is coming from the guy that giggles when he spins huge metal balls above his head like a mobile?” Sehun pointed out, “’kay then, mate”

Luhan glared slightly before his lips quirked up at one side, “Alright,” he tilted his head and then Sehun was hiked upside-down, dangling by his ankle in mid-air, “You were saying?”

Sehun tutted before ing his hands, palms up, towards Luhan, effectively shooting him backwards with a blast of air. He hadn’t really thought it through though, because as Luhan fell, so did he, he only just managed to catch himself on his hands, saving himself from a cracked skull.

“Rude,” Luhan muttered, getting up and dusting himself off, “You need to start thinking before you act. You could have really hurt yourself, stupid!”

Sehun laughed as he got to his feet, “Yixing hyung would have healed me. I’m his favourite”

“I highly doubt that” Luhan scoffed, folding his arms over his chest.

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Literally an hour ago he said, and I quote, ‘Aw my little Sehunnie, you’re so cute. No wonder I like you best’ and then he pinched my cheeks for good measure. So it, Lu!” the tall youngest bragged.

“Yixing’s nice to everyone. That doesn’t count” Luhan sneered, turning on his heel and walking away.

Sehun’s laughter rang through the air as he ran to catch up with Luhan, folding himself around the elder in a tight hug once he had, “are you jealous or something?” he ribbed playfully.

“Why would I be jealous of you playing with Yixing, Oh Sehun? Huh?” Luhan said defensively, “You think I’m attached to you or something?”

Sehun smirked, looking directly into Luhan’s eyes as he whispered, “I don’t know, Luhannie, are you?” he let his lips tease across Luhan’s cheek, “Shall I only look at you?”

“Yah!” Luhan snapped, struggling out of Sehun’s arms and shoving the laughing youngster away, “Don’t be ridiculous! A-And don’t say things like that. What will people think, huh?”

Sehun grinned, “Who are you scared will hear?” he taunted lightly, “Do you not like the idea of me only looking at you from now on?”

“I don’t ha- wait. From now on? Who else have you been looking at in that way?” Luhan asked, looking a little sour, “You know what, I don’t even care. You can look at whoever you damn well please. We aren’t anything that would stop that”

“But you want us to be” Sehun prompted.

Luhan nodded absentmindedly, “Right, but I wa- no. No! That’s not… You little brat! Stop trying to make me look stupid!”

Sehun cackled, “Luhan, I think you do a bang up job of that on your own” he jibed.

“That’s it. Lesson’s over. I’m going to bed” Luhan stomped a foot childishly before taking off back to the school.

Sehun laugh as he chased  on after him, “Aw hyung! Don’t be like that! It’s only eight o’clock!”

Luhan was too caught up in running away from the thoroughly amused youngest to notice someone else running towards him blindly.

Jongin crashed into him hard, sending them both hurling to the floor.

“Mother er” Jongin cursed, holding his head in his hands.

There was a tut from above them, and they both looked up to see a bemused Yixing stood next to Sehun, who had caught up, “This,” said Yixing, “Is exactly why you don’t run in the halls!”

“Alright mum, gees” Luhan hissed as Yixing bent down and healed his busted lip a little more harshly than necessary before moving onto Jongin’s banged head.

“Quit whining. It’s your own fault you got hurt” Yixing rolled his eyes, “And Jongin, why are you in such a hurry?”

Jongin flushed slightly, “Uh, me and Baekhyun were playing catch,” he admitted, “he made it too dark to see, so I flitted here and the, well, you know the rest”

“Mmhmm” Yixing sighed, “And does Kyungsoo know?”

“What? What does that have to do with anything?” Jongin looked to Luhan for help, but the elder and Sehun had taken advantage of Yixing being distracted and had done a runner. “” Jongin muttered under his breath.

Yixing looked at him oddly, “he’s your assigned mentor.” He said, “He has to keep an eye on you at all times and make sure you’re behaving with your powers…” he explained as though Jongin was stupid.

“Yeah, I know that” Jongin blinked un confusion, “But Baekhyun said it would be fine?”

Yixing raised a brow, “I’m gonna say this once, so remember it. Never listen to Baekhyun when he wants to piss around, because he doesn’t care about breaking rules or getting other people into trouble if he’s feeling playful” he shook his head, “Rookie mistake, kid. Now, go do your homework before I tell Kyungsoo. I need to have a word with Baekhyun”

“Why are you so uptight?” Jongin asked without thinking, before slapping a hand over his mouth.

Yixing simply smiled though, his eyes twinkling with mischief. “Ever think that that’s exactly what I want you to think?” he turned and began to walk away, before calling over his shoulder, “Chop, chop, Jonginnie”

Jongin was stuck still in his confusion for a few moments, then shook his head and teleported back to the common room, where Kyungsoo was waiting for him, looking more amused than annoyed.

“I don’t care if you go and have fun” he said, “just let me know so that I don’t worry you’ve killed yourself of something”

Jongin nodded his head, “Sure thing” he agreed, moving to sit on the sofa, “but when is this supervision thing going to end?”

“After next week” Kyungsoo told him, “as long as I feel like you’re doing well enough to be signed off” he smirked.

Jongin raised a brow, “And do you?”

“Guess you’ll find out in a week, won’t you?” Kyungsoo sang happily before skipping off to go to their room.

“Don’t worry” Junmyeon spoke up, sitting down beside Jongin, “he’s always like this after they’ve served Toffee Cheesecake for pudding. You get used to it… Kind of” he chortled.

Jongin made a soft noise of acknowledgement, “I don’t know,” he said, “he’s very… unpredictable at the best of times”

“Oh?” Junmyeon sounded surprised, “how so?”

Jongin shrugged one shoulder, “I don’t know. I feel like he’s a lit fuse sometimes. Waiting to let out all the stuff he’s holding onto at any moment. And what confuses me, is that I don’t know if want to be there when he blows…”

“You’re afraid for him” Junmyeon stated with an understanding nod, “he’s been through a lot. He can be temperamental. But he’s not the type to explode. He’ll implode if anything”

“Isn’t that worse?” Jongin asked quietly.

Junmyeon nodded, “Much” he said in a warm tone, as though they were merely talking about the weather, “but maybe he needs it”

“What?” Jongin was taken aback at the statement. Confused too.

Junmyeon let out a breath of air, “You have to understand something, Jongin.  And that is that sometimes you need to hurt to be okay again. If you think you can help him in a safer way, then by all means, go ahead and try, but mark my words, one day, something will tip him over the edge and there will be hell to pay”

From the stairs, Kyungsoo had heard it all. He hadn’t meant to at first, but he’d returned to playfully attach Chanyeol when he’d heard his name, so stayed out of sight to listen.

He shook his head sadly and turned to return to his room, where he sat on his bed to think over what he’d just heard.

He let out a small groan as he fell backwards, his head landing on the pillow with a gentle thump.

He didn’t understand Jongin. Why should someone he met not even a month ago be so concerned with him? Jongin was like nobody else Kyungsoo had encountered. He was playful, nice, enjoyed jokes, but there was something there, just beneath the surface that was darker. Something that Jongin didn’t want to face.

Obviously the younger boy had been through desperately tragic things, but that wasn’t it. Kyungsoo knew grief, he knew it well, and what he saw in Jongin wasn’t grief. It was an unyielding need for revenge. And although Kyungsoo too, knew that need, it seemed as though Jongin was simply biding his time.

The thing that confused Kyungsoo though, wasn’t the scary, dark Jongin. It was the easy going, care-free Jongin. Because it meant it would only be a matter of time before the walls broke and grief would either make or break him, and usually Kyungsoo would tell which way a person would fall, but with Jongin, he hadn’t a clue.

He felt off when it came to Jongin. He didn’t like the way his lips would curl into a smile, or the way that his chest felt too tight, the air too thick, whenever Jongin was around. He didn’t like the way his heart beat too fast, or his head felt too loud. He didn’t understand it.

Jongin was just Jongin. A fellow Special. A friend because of circumstance, and a classmate. Jongin was an average person.

So why did he make Kyungsoo so confused. Make him think so irrationally. Why did Jongin have to make Kyungsoo care about what it all meant? Kyungsoo didn’t need another person to care about. He couldn’t afford it.

“Why the long face?”

Kyungsoo was snapped out over his reverie by Baekhyun laying down beside him, wrapping an arm around his stomach.

Kyungsoo turned his head to look at his best friend, “Was lost in thought” he said, “What are you doing back already? Finished trying to get Jongin in trouble, have we?”

Baekhyun didn’t bother to look embarrassed or ashamed in any way, “No” he grinned, “But Yixing told him off for running into Lu, then came and gave me a bollocking. There’s always tomorrow”

“Ever the optimist” Kyungsoo laughed softly, “Thought you’d be with Chanyeol, though. Not up here with me”

“Kris said you were eavesdropping, then walked off looking all sad, so being the brilliant friend I am, I came to check on you,” Baekhyun told him with a soft smile, “So talk to me, squishy”

“You’ll get bloody squishy in a minute” Kyungsoo grumbled, “And it’s nothing… I just. Why are people so concerned with what I’m doing? Everyone thinks I’m ready to turn on the self-destruct button at any minute. It’s just… It grates on me, you know?”

Baekhyun hummed, he knew very well how Kyungsoo felt about the matter, and though he worried about his best friend, he didn’t think he’d ever go down the path of self-destruction, “just ignore them. I know it’s easier said than done, but you and I both know you’re not about to go and yourself over. So just prove them wrong. If they see you getting worked up over it, they’ll only doubt you more”

“He’s got a point, you know” Jongdae said, making his way over to them from where he’d just walked through the door. He gave Kyungsoo an understanding smile before laying down too, effectively sandwiching Kyungsoo between himself and Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo grunted, “Oh yeah? And what do you know?” he asked, letting himself relax slightly as his two best friends cuddled close to him.

“About proving myself to people?” Jongdae asked rhetorically, “A lot. My mum was a Normal, right? But my dad was a Special. I didn’t show any signs of powers until I was six. My dad thought it was a fluke. Overlooked it. He’s still waiting for me to up and lose ‘em. But I’m determined to not let that bother me. I’ll prove him wrong until my dying breath if I have to, because I know myself. Better than anyone. Just like you know yourself better than a couple of little gits do. People are gonna push you over, then wait to watch you cry, all you have to do it stand up, dust yourself off and give them the finger, ‘cause at the end of the day,  it’s your view of yourself you have to live with. Other people’s opinions don’t matter unless you let them”

“ing hell” Baekhyun gaped, “When d’you get so deep?”

Jongdae smirked, “’bout four o’clock this morning. Was feeling a bit ” he winked, making the other two gag melodramatically at the stupid joke.

Kyungsoo was smiling though by the time they’d stopped and Jongdae’s laughter had subsided, “Thank you” he said softly, “Even if the two of you are complete idiots, you always know how to cheer me up”

“S’what we’re here for, bub” Jongdae pressed a kiss to Kyungsoo’s temple, “To give you joy”

“And terrible jokes” Baekhyun added, punctuating it with his own kiss to Kyungsoo’s cheek.

“I think he means brilliant jokes” Jongdae scoffed good-naturedly.

Kyungsoo laughed, “Only in your dreams, Dae” he grinned at his lightening gifted friend.

“Most nights” Jongdae nodded, “Sometimes Baek joins us. Sometimes Minseok hyung  does”

“You’re sick” Baekhyun grimaced.

Jongdae laughed, “I’ve got love fever, baby!” he yelled, climbing atop of the other two and bouncing.

“Right. Well, I’m not sure I want to know what I’ve just walked in on”

“Nothing!” Kyungsoo said, looking up to see Jongin stood by the door, at the same time that Baekhyun and Jongdae yelled “!”

Jongin coughed out a laugh, “Why do I feel more inclined to believe Kyungsoo?” he asked.

“Because you value your life?” Jongdae suggested with a winning smile.

Kyungsoo scoffed, “I’m not a psycho, you know. I’m not going to kill someone for believing the word of two numpties.”

“No, you’ll just lose all respect for him” Baekhyun said, ignoring the insult.

Kyungsoo nodded back, “See,” he said, “He gets me”

Jongin chuckled as he walked over and sat on his own bed, facing towards Kyungsoo. He watched as Baekhyun whispered something to Jongdae, allowing Kyungsoo to over-hear. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as Jongdae grinned and climbed off of the pair.

At the same time, Baekhyun and Jongdae pressed a loud, sloppy kiss to either of Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

“Gross” Kyungsoo wiped at his cheeks, but he was laughing which ruined the faux disgust he was trying for.

Jongin frowned slightly. It wasn’t often that Kyungsoo was like that. It seemed as though only Baekhyun could bring out that genuine playful side of him.

Sure, Kyungsoo would laugh and joke with the others, but when he was with Baekhyun, or even Jongdae, he seemed so utterly at ease.

It wasn’t that he didn’t want Kyungsoo to be happy, far from it. But there was a part of him that wanted to be the reason for it. He didn’t quite know why, though he’d put it all down to ego, but he wanted Kyungsoo to be that relaxed around him too. He wanted to know so much more about the elder, but so far it was no dice.

“Why are you staring?”

Jongin jumped at the sound of Baekhyun’s voice, causing him to flit away for a second before landing back in the same position.

Baekhyun and Jongdae snickered at the shocked look on Jongin’s face. Even Kyungsoo was fighting back a smile.

“I wasn’t staring” Jongin said rather snappishly. It didn’t help his annoyance when the two oldest in the room continued to laugh at his hiccup.

Kyungsoo smiled up at the younger lad, “Don’t mind them” he said, “They’re always this stupid”

“I’ve noticed” Jongin sighed, “I think I need a nap or something”

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeah. You always look like the walking dead. Maybe a bit of sleep would do you good.” He remarked.

Jongdae was quick to join in with the banter, “Or maybe he just needs to get some. I’m sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t mind lending you a hand, eh ‘Soo?”

“I hate that I’m stuck in here with you two” Jongin scowled at the mischievous duo.

“He must want some time alone with ‘Soo’s hand” Jongdae shook his head solemnly at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun mimicked the action, “Kids these days. They’ve got no respect. No morals”

“Oh, sod off!” Jongin huffed, turning to face away from the trio as he laid down.

“I think you pissed him off” Jongdae muttered.

Baekhyun scoffed, “You started it!”

“And I’m finishing it” Kyungsoo sighed as he sat up, “Come on you two, off to bed with you”

Baekhyun shot Kyungsoo a look of betrayal before reluctantly crawling off the bed and pulling Jongdae towards the bathroom as that they could wash up for bed.

“You didn’t have to do that” Jongin grunted, his voice muffled by his pillow.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he got off his bed to go and sit on Jongin’s. He placed a hand on Jongin’s hip and sighed, “Come on then. What’s got your knickers in a knot?”

“Nothing” Jongin said gruffly, batting Kyungsoo’s hand away in a childish manner.

“Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo.”

“Last chance” Kyungsoo warned, “Five. Four… Three… Two…”

Jongin let out a hiss of frustration before turning and sitting up to face Kyungsoo, “I don’t get you” he blurted, “I don’t get what it is that makes you so cautious around people, but you’re fine and relaxed around those two idiots” he jabbed a thumb in the direction of the bathroom.

Kyungsoo looked at him oddly, “Wait… This is about you being jealous of how I act with my best friends? Seriously, Jongin? Wow…”

“That’s not… urgh! I just want to understand what made you so guarded” Jongin sighed, “That’s all.”

“Fine. But getting moody at those two isn’t going to make me tell you anymore than I would anyway” Kyungsoo said pointedly. He ran a weary hand through his hair, “Look. I’ve known you for three and a half weeks. In my book, that doesn’t qualify for meaning I have to tell you my life story. I’ve known Baek since I was thirteen, and Jongdae since I was fourteen. Obviously I’m more comfortable with them. Baek is the reason I’m here, so obviously he knows my life, and Jongdae knows because he’s proven himself to be a loyal friend. The only other people that know all of – well, most of – my story are Kris and Junmyeon, because they were here when me and Baekhyun arrived.

 “So don’t sit there and have a strop because you think how I act with different people is off, or unfair! Do you act the same with everyone? No. I’ll tell you about myself if, and when, I see fit. Until then, stop pouting and grow up. You’re eighteen, not eight.” With that he stood up and went to the bathroom to join Jongdae and Baekhyun in getting ready for bed.

Jongin was left speechless at Kyungsoo’s outburst. Though he hadn’t been horrible about it, the younger boy couldn’t help but feel a little awful. He knew he’d overreacted, but he couldn’t help how desperately curious he was about Kyungsoo. And Kyungsoo telling him nothing other than that the two jokers knew his life story was only adding fuel to the fire burning within him.

With a soft sigh, he heaved himself up and walked over to the bathroom as the other three were just walking out.

Jongdae shot him a sympathetic smile, but the other two merely walked on by as they chattered between themselves. He knew they weren’t purposely ignoring him, or anything like that, but he found it still .

Just as he stepped into the bathroom, the lights became incredibly bright. He span back around to find an amused Baekhyun watching him.

“Just figured you needed to lighten up” he shrugged.

Jongin smirked, then flitted to right in front of Baekhyun, “Say, hyung, do you fancy sleeping in Ireland tonight?” he threatened, only half-jokingly.

“I will literally blind you if you touch me, Kim Jongin” Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed.

Jongin chuckled, “Sweet dreams, hyung” he winked before heading back into the bathroom.

“I think he wins that one” Kyungsoo laughed, joining Jongdae on the latter’s bed.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on my side?” Baekhyun pouted, sitting down beside Jongdae, who pulled him into a warm hug.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “No, I’m on my side, Byun,” he poked the other boy with his toes, “Deal with it”

“Wow, so rude” Baekhyun gasped in mock hurt.

Kyungsoo chuckled, “I thought you’d be used to it by now”

“Soo, you’re like a thunder storm. I’ll never be used to you” Baekhyun shot back cheekily.

“I can create storms” Jongdae said absentmindedly, “I can do all kinds; thunder, electrical… you name it”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun shared a look, “Okay?” Kyungsoo raised a brow.

Jongdae shook his head as though to snap himself out of a daze, “Huh? Oh, sorry, I was just a bit… I don’t even know. Hah, I just like storms”

“I’m not a fan” Baekhyun shuddered, “Too dark”

“Says the human reading lamp” Jongdae guffawed.

Baekhyun huffed indignantly, “A human reading lamp that could make sure you never see again, dickhead” he grunted against Jongdae’s shoulder.

“Aw, come on. You know I love you really, Baek” Jongdae chuckled, then cut himself off as the door swung open, “Minseok?”

Minseok smiled slightly, “Jongdae” he replied, mocking the younger’s surprised tone, “I wanna show you something. Come with me?” he held out a hand to the younger.

Baekhyun wolf-whistled as Jongdae quickly shoved on a pair of shoes then ran over to Minseok. He made sure to shoot the Human-Reading-Lamp the middle finger before disappearing out of the door.

“Kidnapping is illegal, you know” Jongdae joked as he followed Minseok through the dark halls of the school.

Minseok scoffed, “So is electrocuting people, so will you be quiet? I feel like I’ve not seen you all day” he said, pulling them into an empty classroom and closing the door behind them.

“Suppose we should make up for lost time then, mm?” Jongdae half-whispered, gently pushing Minseok back against the cold stone wall.

Minseok bit down on his lip, looking up at Jongdae through his lashes as he did, “You read my mind” he said with a small smile.

Jongdae chuckled softly as a flash of lightning struck outside, hinting at the start of a storm, and momentarily lighting up the dark room.

“Are you doing that because you like it, or to freak out Baekhyun?” Minseok asked.

“Both” Jongdae said, leaning in and kissing the elder as another bolt of lightning struck, thunder soon booming down after.

Minseok smiled into the kiss, bringing his hands up to hold to the back of Jongdae’s neck as the younger boy teased circles on his hips, just underneath his t-shirt, with his thumbs.

“Are you in your pyjamas?” Minseok breathed against Jongdae’s lips, obviously amused by the thought.

Jongdae rolled his eyes beneath his closed lids before opening them and pulling back slightly to look at Minseok, “you really want to talk about my outfit, right now?”

“Well, yeah. Since you’ve already washed up, I don’t want to make you dirty again” the elder grinned wickedly.

Jongdae scoffed, “Sure, Min. Sure” he answered before leaning in to kiss the other boy again.

The two of them had been sneaking around like this for just under a year. It had started out as innocently sneaking out to chat under the stars, but there was a night, eight months back, that Jongdae had leant over and pressed a hesitant kiss to Minseok’s lips. He’d signed in relief when the elder had kissed him back, and the rest was history.

It had been a little strange at first, because neither of them had known where they stood, but in the end, Minseok had frozen the door shut to Jongdae’s room, and they’d been forced to talk it all out. It had taken a while for them to air all the confusing feelings between them, but it had led to them dating.

They’d made the choice not to tell the others, because they wanted to hold onto that little secret, it was something that was just theirs, and they liked that. They knew the others wouldn’t be fussed, hell they joked about it enough, but for now, they liked that they were just each other’s to know of.

“We can’t stay out too late” Minseok murmured into the kiss, “Key’s on patrol tonight, and he’ll kill us if he catches us out after curfew”

Jongdae hummed, “Wanna keep kissing you though” he said before kissing Minseok harder.

Minseok moaned softly, before placing his hands on Jongdae’s chest and gently pushing him back, “Jongdae” he shook his head in amusement, “We can either wait until tomorrow, or we can end up having to scrub toilets. Your choice”

“I hate you for this, I hope you know that” Jongdae groaned, reluctantly taking a step back.

Minseok laughed easily as he moved in and pressed one last lingering kiss to Jongdae’s lips, “Don’t whine, it doesn’t suit you”

“It’s at times like this is remember why I love you so much” Jongdae rolled his eyes, kissing both of Minseok’s cheeks, “Seriously, you’re always so sweet to me”

“I try” Minseok grinned, taking Jongdae by the hand and pulling him towards the door. They made sure that the coast was clear before stepping out into the hall and heading back towards the dorm.

They made it back with only one almost-run-in with Key. They were giggling mutedly as they fell into the empty common room, it was dark, though the fire was still burning.

They walked over to the plush sofa before it and sat down, not quite feeling like joining the others in sleep just yet. Instead, they sat together with fingers twined and smiles on their faces.

The storm raged on outside, creating a picture of cosiness in the room for the pair.

Minseok couldn’t help but find it cute, the way Jongdae’s eyes would light up with glee whenever a flash of lightning illuminated the room.

“What?” Jongdae asked softly as he caught the elder watching him with loving eyes.

“Nothing” Minseok smiled, “You’re just really cute, you know that?”

Jongdae brought up his free hand and caressed Minseok’s cheek, “I got real lucky with you, didn’t I?” he said, more to himself than to Minseok, then leant in and pressed a kiss to the elder’s surprised lips.

“Dae, someone could come down and see,” the elder chided lightly, “not here”

Jongdae sighed, but nodded nonetheless. Instead though, he wrapped his arms around Minseok and cuddled him close, “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure”

“Do you… Do you ever wish you were a Normal? Like, just for the fact you could stay blind to all the trouble with The Rogues and stuff?” Jongdae asked.

Minseok hummed, “I used to. My parents lived in a Normal town. So we weren’t allowed to use our powers in public. Watching them have nothing to worry about other than mundane stuff was… I got jealous. There I was living in fear of these monsters, when they could remain blissfully ignorant. But when I look at it now, I wouldn’t change who, or what, I am for anything. Being a Special can be scary, but I think one day we’ll be past all this. We’ll have defeated the evil ones and we’ll be able to live how we should live. So no, I don’t want to be Normal. Not really” he shrugged, “Besides, my powers are wicked cool, so there’s also that”

Jongdae couldn’t help but let out an amused laugh, “Yeah, being cool totally outweighs the death and destruction” he snorted.

“Obviously” Minseok beamed.

“Brilliant” Jongdae commented, then let out a yawn. He checked the clock above the fireplace and groaned. It was already passed midnight and they had class at eight o’clock. “We should head up soon. It’s late”

“Yeah, I know” Minseok yawned, “Alright, let’s get some shut eye” he pulled out of Jongdae’s arms before helping the younger to his feet.

They walked over to where the three doors to each dorm’s staircase were and paused so that they could share a brief hug. Feeling a little daring, Minseok looked around before pressing a warm kiss to Jongdae’s lips.

“G’night, Min” Jongdae breathed, kissing Minseok’s forehead.

“Mm,” Minseok smiled, “Night, Jongdae-yah.” With that, they both went to their respective dorms to sleep.

Jongdae crept in quietly, making sure not to wake the other three in the room. He slipped off his shoes and climbed into bed, smiling at the sight of his two best friends and their newest roommate sleeping soundly. He couldn’t help but roll his eyes, though, when he saw the way that Jongin and Kyungsoo were sleeping faced towards one another, their hands falling to the side of their beds as though reaching out to one another subconsciously. He didn’t know what the deal was between the two of them. They were obviously attracted to each other, that much was clear, but there was something about the situation that felt rather delicate, as though it was only a matter of time before a bomb would drop and things became very complicated.

Jongdae shook his head, deciding that those were thoughts too deep for just before sleep. With one last yawn, he his side and faded off to sleep. The further into sleep he fell, the softer the storm outside became.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: What do you mean XiuChen is a thing?
I have a weakness for those crazy kids~
Do your thing, ladies and gents~

Much love~
Until next time<3