ll 4 ll

Come Back To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part ll 4 ll

Place : Cape Sounion, Greece.

Title : EunMyung’s journal.

Finally, I made it to Greece! I’ve never thought that I would be here, though. I’ve always wanted to visit Greece ever since I was a wee child. Being able to come here has just ticked a box on my bucket wish list. I can’t help but to be awestruck by the history sites, ancient ruins, and stunning landscapes.

I know, I know. I did mention that I am not particularly a person who favors history, but Greece is different! Ever since SeHun read me a book about Greek mythology when we were kids, I was charmed to know more about the said country, and even visiting it, for that matter.

Despite the fact that SeHun keeps telling me that they are just folk lore, I still find the stories about gods and goddesses and heroes and monsters intriguing. Well, it’s his fault for making me interested in that kind of stuff anyway.

At any rate, I visited Athens, a must visit historical site in Greece. It’s where the famous Acropolis is, which was dedicated to the goddess Athena. I still remember that I once told SeHun that out of all the gods and goddesses in Greek mythology, Athena’s my favorite for she was the Goddess of Wisdom. Well, eventually it ended up him just smiling and trying not to laugh. Even for me, I think it’s just more than hysterical to say that Athena is my favorite goddess, for I have no wisdom in me whatsoever.

I also have gotten to see how the Olympics began after visiting Olympia. No wonder the name sounded familiar to me. That is because the Olympics started there, at Olympia. Well, I’d rather not tell SeHun this for it would be very embarrassing. It’s like, too obvious for me to not notice. In any case, the archeological sites there are all full of the ancient Greek history, definitely a must-see.

I went to Rhode Island a few days ago, an island in Greece that is well known for its beautiful shores that are part of the Aegean Sea. Historically relevant sites are scattered throughout this island including Temple of Apollo, Acropolis of Rhodes, and Acropolis of Lindos. I didn’t get to visit everything, though, due to the time.

Additionally, Rhodes has a vibrant nightlife with clubs and restaurants. It’s like two different worlds at two different times. Historic by day and clubbing by night, but I beyond doubt didn’t go clubbing though. If SeHun ever were to find out I did, he’d do the honors of beheading me, serve it on a silver platter and feed it to the crocodiles on behalf of my mom.

What is more, I’m not used to that kind of thing and I couldn’t even picture myself going to that kind of place without SeHun, even if my intent is just to check the place out. Anyway, I’m just glad I didn’t. 

As for their delightful food here, I managed to try some of their famous ones, and even asked the locals about the specialties here. I think I might have gained weight by 10 kilograms by the time I get back. I have a feeling that SeHun is going to force me on an exercise for me to reduce some weight, though on my defense I think I still look the same.

My first dish that I tried was the Moussaka, which I had trouble pronouncing at first but with the help of the local waitress, later it simply rolled of my tongue. It is a casserole made by layering eggplant with a spiced meat filling then topping it off with a creamy béchamel sauce that is baked to golden perfection.

I have no idea what a béchamel sauce is (again the waitress helped me with the correct pronunciation), but I know that it’s a type of sauce. It is perhaps the most widely recognized of all Greek dishes, and it was definitely to die for. I’m glad that I tried the moussaka because one of the locals told me that if I haven’t tried it, I haven’t lived.

Well, I tried it, and I’ve definitely lived! I asked for the recipe from the chef, after being able to watch how he made the moussaka live on the stove, and he did give me. Maybe I’ll ask SeHun to make it for me once I’m back home.

My second favorite would be no other than Baklava, their renowned desert! It’s a classic Greek pastry with nuts and almonds and syrups and other stuff. It’s sweet, crunchy and decadent. There are many types of baklava that can be found in Greece and I think I’ve tried most of it.

I’m certainly going to get home looking very fat, and probably I need to wear a sign hanging around my neck saying, “I am Cho EunMyung” just so everybody knows me.

SeHun never seems to mind about what I eat and how much I eat per day, but if he were here right now, I think I would be in some serious trouble.

But what can I do? All the foods here are tempting and I am easily seduced so he cannot exactly blame me (putting on a guiltless face).... Anyway, I’ve been thinking ... and it’s been bothering my mind lately.

I’m wondering whether ... whether I should really go home after all of this is over. Honestly speaking, I do like what I’m doing right now. Going from place to place, seeing new places, new things and new people, and probably one day I’ll finally get a job and settle down in one of these places.

Sometimes they say that a new environment would help, and I do think that it’s helping me. I know that there are always new things to explore and to do, and it excites me. I’ve never felt this free and happy before. It’s as if my wings are finally unclipped and I could spread them wide. I’m finally getting the feeling that anything is possible. I finally know that I can do anything and what makes me happy is going to these new places.

But in the face of all that, something is still holding me back from making the decision straight away, and it lingers at the back of my mind every single day.

Sometimes when I think of just doing what I want to do, I can’t help but to remember the people who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter