Who are you?

Wasurenaide(Don't forget)

I'M BACK~ //shot

I sincerly apologize for not updating for so many months.... Kill me if you wish but if you do that, can u kill my teachers as well please? They're the devils in diguise... I'm terribly sorry to oka-sama and CinqLuna... Thank you so much for constantly reminding me to update, and i think without the both of you, I would've ditched this story... So I apologize to all my readers, commenters and subscribers. Hope u enjoy this chapter :D


I woke up and clenched my head, remembering the overwhelming pain that had hit me earlier. My hand relaxed back to my side as I realized that it didn’t hurt anymore. The last thing I remembered was seeing the new composer and that excruciating pain that had suddenly flowed into my head.

I start to notice that my surroundings had changed. The place was barren and nearly everything was white except this stream that was flowing next to me. I immediately knew that this was a dream of some sort.

The stream was pitch black with film rolls flowing down, just like fishes in water. In those film rolls were videos of a girl and boy. They looked really young, like around the age of 7-8. Curious, I tried to reach one of them. As soon as my hand came into contact with the stream, I felt myself being into it and I reflectively blinked.

In that split second, my surroundings had changed once more. There were a person’s hands waving in front of my face. I blinked again but everything stayed the same. The person withdrew their hands and behind it, revealed the young girl that I saw in the videos. An irritated expression was clearly visible on her pale face. “Changmin!!! Oiiii!~ Are you ok? My homework is due tomorrow… Please help me! I’ll give you food tomorrow!!” She whined in irritation and started to click her fingers near my ears.

I tried asking her where am I and who the hell she was but my mouth wouldn’t move. I had lost all control of my body and I felt like a spirit that was hosting another person’s body. Looking past the girl’s head, I saw a kitchen. From the side of my eye, I could make out more chairs, which probably meant that we sitting around a dining table. 

Suddenly, my hand reached over the wooden table and I started messing up her hair and I asked which questions she had problems with. These actions all felt too familiar… The girl opened to speak and I somehow knew what she was going to say.

“What’s 4X6?”

“24”

“How about 7X5?”

“35”

The math problems went on for another minute or so before the girl let out a relieved sigh. “It definitely helps when you have the smartest kid in the school as your best friend~”

“Wait…” I shook my head. “I just did all your homework for you, didn’t I?” She gave a huge grin and nodded her head. I reached over the table, trying to erase the answers I gave her but as usual, she was faster and ran off with the papers. “Catch me if you can slowpoke!!~” She shouted. I stood up to give chase.

But as sudden as I was pulled into this body, I was out into the white realm again. I looked at the stream next to me and I realized that throughout the whole scene, I could practically recite what she had said along her. And it suddenly clicked. Why everything seemed so familiar and how I knew the girl’s reactions.

 These were my memories.

Looking back to the stream, I instantly knew the girl. It was Soo Jin. How could I have forgotten her!? She was my best friend! The face of the new composer flashed into my mind. They looked alike but it definitely can’t be her… Soo Jin’s should be still in Korea...

As I looked at the memories more, I suddenly remembered the first reason why I was trying to recover my memories- who my parent’s murders were. I immediately ran up-stream, knowing that I could reach my memories of when I was 14, of when my parents were murdered.  

Soon, the top of the stream was in sight. All the memories seemed to be pouring out from a gold chest box. As I ran, I looked at the stream of memories. Soo Jin and me were older but these memories were only around when we were ten.

The moment I had reached the chest, the memories had abruptly stopped and the door closed with a click. I looked at the now-still stream and the memories had stopped around the time when we were around twelve. Why did the memories stop now!?

I tried prying the chest open. But no matter whatever method I try, the thing wouldn’t budge. “Having fun?” a voice inquired. I jerked my head around and there was a person’s face so close to mine. Surprised, I jumped back, tripping over the chest and falling onto my back at the same time. The voice laughed. I rolled back and stood up. There shouldn’t be anyone else but me in my own mind…

I was so wrong and right at the same time. There was another me, standing right in front of me. A smirk was plastered on his face. “Who are you?” I asked, scowling.

“Who am I? I’m you. Can’t you see or are you blind? I don’t think so… I know you even more then you know yourself,” the ‘me’ replied, proceeding to sit on the memory chest.

I recovered from the shock and picking up more courage from my resolution, I immediately growled: “Get off. I need my memories to find out who my parents’ murderer were.”

The ‘me’ wagged his finger. “Calm down. It’s not time yet. Explore more and maybe something will trigger this chest to open once again,” he said, pointing to the chest, “Though it might take more than one trigger to release all 14 years of memories…” I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering why he would even know much about my mind’s matters.

 “I’m your mind for goodness sake. I’m in a place where only you should be allowed to enter- your mind, conscious, subconscious, whatever. I know how you think; I even knew you were thinking how the hell I could know about your mind. Who else could I be?”

I stared at him, trying to process the information in a logical manner. “You’re kidding, right? How could my mind take form of a person!?” If he was telling the truth, then technically, I was talking to myself. Something like this seriously could not be good for my mental health.

“Oh shut up about your mental health. You’re not going nuts. I had to explain the whole situation to you so that you’ll finally know how to retrieve your memories back. It’s just much easier to explain or would you rather have some kind of colored vapor talking to you?”

I glared at him, seems like he managed to learn the sarcasm from me.

“I’ve passed you the information and now it’s time for you to go back. The information is vital if you want to gain your memories back. And we’ll probably meet again, face to face. So until then~” He gave a lop-sided smile and with the snap of his fingers, I disappeared in flash.