Fourth

Travellers Story

Beautiful morning. They wake up with a sound of duet song between birds and cricket. Great melodies yet calming adding with sound that produce by the river. The first one to open up his eyes in that blessful morning is Leeteuk, well like usual. He is a morning person afterall.

 

Leeteuk blinks his eyes to adjust with the light before release a soft yawn, don't want to wake up Eunhyuk who slept beside him. He caress Eunhyuk hair a little and smile before decides to get out of the tent.

 

"Oh, you're awake?" Leeteuk asked the first person that he met on that day. A person who already sit on the root of big tree in front their tent while looking at the river.

 

"Yeah.."

 

Leeteuk don't know what else to say after that. It is awkward silentness. He let out a sigh before stretching his arms a bit.

 

"I'm sorry." Yesung groaned slowly still looking at the river in front him, ignoring Leeteuk who looking questionally at him from behind.

 

"Uh? Are you talking to me?" Leeteuk questioned and choose to walk closely to the latter.

 

Leeteuk take a sit next to Yesung and that is when he realized that there is a small blue cloth that Yesung grips tightly in his hand. 

 

Yesung sigh a little before glancing at Leeteuk, "For yesterday. I shouldn't snapped like that to you and your friends. I just, emm just worried about Ddangkoma. You understand me right?" 

 

"Oh, it's okay though. We don't mind about it." Leeteuk stated honestly, smiling like angel to Yesung. 

 

"Ddangkoma is my turtle that I keep since years ago. It is a part of my life. My parent bought it for me, that's why I very cherish it. And now, it's gone. It's like I lost my soul." Little by little Yesung open up a bit to Leeteuk. His hands keep playing with the small clothes while his legs kicking that water under them a little. Leeteuk just keep hearing silently.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that." 

 

"Yes, you should too." Yesung mumbles under his breath.

 

"Eh?" Leeteuk asked when he sure that he heard something that Yesung said.

 

"Nothing. It's okay, don't need to be sorry. I just miss it now. I hope it's save somewhere out there. I hope it eats well and maybe it will find a new family to take care of it. Please pray with me that it will be happy even without me.." Yesung said closing his eyes and a small drop of tears fall on his chubby cheek.

 

Leeteuk look at him confusedly. It just a turtle right? Looks like he just lost his lover. Wait a minute, of course the little unlucky turtle is is lover, he just stated it yesterday. This is normal right? Right??? He just loving his turtle so much, nothing weird about it. 

 

 

"Erm Leeteuk hyung? Good morning!" Sungmin greeted warmly from behind them. "And um you too turtle guy, morning?" 

 

"Oh Min, morning you too." Leeteuk smile back to Sungmin while Yesung just blinking his eyes and wiping his tears away.

 

"Let's have a small breakfast. We still have little fish from last night and banana that Eunhyuk got from inside the jungle."

 

"Sure Min, we will come." Leeteuk answered and watching Sungmin leaving them to prepare for their breakfast. Leeteuk then get up on his feets correcting his shirt a little and ready to move before he notices that Yesung still not moving.

 

"Hey, come on join us." Leeteuk politely inviting Yesung while offering his hand to take.

 

"Can I?" Yesung asked shyly. 

 

"Of course. Don't be shy, come on." Leeteuk grabbing the latter hand, making him follows from behind.

 

Leeteuk and Yesung take a sit on one of the clean wood around the bonfire that they use to toast the fish and boiling river's water. Then, Sungmin handed them cup of hot coffe while waiting for the fish to cook.

 

"Where is Eunhyuk, Min?" Leeteuk asked the younger when he notoced that the another one was not sitting with them.

 

"He just woke up just now and I told him to wash his sleepy face first. He will be joining us later hyung." 

 

Just like what Sungmin had said, a minute later Eunhyuk joining them with a fresh face. Eunhyuk smiled at them and greeting them together. He sit next to Sungmin and just grinning foolishly at Yesung who had a poker face.

 

"We will start walking back in an hour, ok guys?" Leeteuk said sipping his coffee.

 

"Walking? Where to?" Yesung spoke for the first time in front Sungmin and Eunhyuk since the morning.

 

"Erm anywhere that we can go." Sungmin answered not sure either.

 

"They're a traveller. And me too!" Eunhyuk said happily, grinning with his gummy smile.

 

"Oh.." 

 

"Why?" Leeteuk asked Yesung who look like he is thinking something in his head.

 

"So that's why yesterday you said that you just stay for a while." Yesung said remembered about yesterday.

 

"Yes, that's it. We need to continue our journey to nowhere, maybe for now." Leeteuk explained a bit.

 

"Hyung, talking about it, I just realized that we still don't introducing each other properly right?" Sungmin said looking at Leeteuk then Yesung.

 

"Ahh right." Leeteuk soon realized it. Yesterday, after all the thing that happen between them and Yesung and of course about Yesung's turtle, they never introduced themselves. He just knew that Yesung was coming here to have a camp after he lost his current job. And it's happen because Yesung keep repeating how sad he was after the turtle lost.

 

"I'm Yesung. Kim Yesung. And I am 24 this year." Yesung said bowed a little.

 

"Oh, I am Leeteuk. Looks like I am a year older than you then. Nice to meet you Yesung-shi." Leeteuk smile and also bowing his body before gesturing at the other two.

 

"I am Sungmin, and I should call you hyung from now on." 

 

"I'm Eunhyuk." 

 

 

 

They have been walking for an hour now and soon they will entering another small town, if the map that they have is true. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk walk at the front followed by Sungmin then Yesung, closely behind. 

 

Leeteuk had asked Yesung once again earlier before they starting their journey back about his decision to follow them, and after a long night of thinking, Yesung is very sure with that decision. It's not like he will following them forever because like they said, they also didn't where will they go. Yesung just following to find his turtle, he got his own mission, that's all. Is this impossible??

 

"I am not guarantee you that we will meet your turtle back." Leeteuk said after they had done packing everything.

 

"At least I want to try first. There is nothing left for me in this world, I only have Ddangkoma." 

 

"If that what you want to, then come on. Let's get going. We will trying to find your turtle okay."

 

Ddangkoma, where are you?? I just hope that I will find you soon, keep alive, please.

 

"Yesung-shi, hurried up." Yesung heard Eunhyuk voice that calling for him. When he look in front, the three of them already far from him. Looks like he just to deep in his thought earlier.

 

Yesung runs a little to catch up with the others and they start walking again. This time, Eunhyuk is walking beside him, accompany him all along.

 

"What are you thinking Yesung-shi?" Leeteuk ask suddenly from the front.

 

"Your turtle?" Eunhyuk ask while touching his wide shoulder.

 

"Don't worry Yesung-shi, we will help you." Sungmin said smiling.

 

Yesung just smiling back at them. 'I can trust them right? Am I making a right decision?'

 

"You can trust them. Leeteuk hyung and Sungmin hyung are the kindest person that I ever met." Eunhyuk whispered softly next to him like he can read about what is Yesung thinking about. 

 

Yesung a little, looking weirdly at Eunhyuk. That when he noticed something about Eunhyuk. He is different from them.

 

"Eunhyuk, where is your backpack?" Yesung asked looking at the back of the younger.

 

"I've none." Eunhyuk answered steadily.

 

"But you said all of you are travellers? How come a traveller don't have a backpack?" 

 

"I..erm I just following them because I've nowhere to go. I don't have money to buy anything and this clothes, this pant is Sungmin's hyung and Leeteuk's hyung." Eunhyuk said while playing with the edge of his clothes. Sungmin and Leeteuk insisted that he have to wear their clothes now before they bought him another one. That two are very kind, Eunhyuk really owes them a lot. 

 

"Eunhyuk is our new friend. He just joined us around a week ago, if I'm not mistaken it. And he will be with me forever." Leeteuk interfered them while glancing a little before focusing his eyes back to the rock.

 

"Oh, I still don't get it though." Yesung stated honestly.

 

"I'm a beggar before, just a poor street kid that will be dying soon before they help me. I choose to follow them all along to repay for their kindness to me." Eunhyuk explained looking deeply at Sungmin and Leeteuk back.

 

The conversation stop at that moment when everyone lost in their deep mind. Without they realized it, they have entering the town step by step. Another villagers moving around them minding their own business. 

 

A drop of water fall on Leeteuk's nose. Leeteuk look up at the sky and that's when he see that the cloud is so dark. Sound of thunders can be heard slowly.

 

"Looks like it's going to be raining!" Eunhyuk stated. 

 

Just after that, the dark clouds pouring heavy raindrops on the earth. Everyone scatter around to hide from being drench. 

 

"Not going to be raining anymore, it's already raining now!!" Sungmin squels while grabbing Yesung's arm to run.

 

"Follow me!" Leeteuk yelled to Sungmin and Yesung because he already with Eunhyuk's hand in his tight hand. Leeteuk see a nice place to stay on for a while not far from them. It is a small abandon wooden shelter, and it is free from another people. 

 

Once they step in inside the shelter, another man with huge backpack and a wooden stick in his hand also entering from the other side. Not like Leeteuk mind about another person after all. 

 

"Are you guys okay?" Leeteuk checked at the others closely. Luckily, they're not so wet from the sudden heavy rain.

 

"Yeah, we're fine." They replied back in unison, looking at Leeteuk. 

 

"Looks like the rain is so heavy and it's not gonna be stop in a short time." The stranger suddenly spoke, looking at the outside.

 

"Yeah, it's look so." Yesung agreeing with that while opening his backpack to get a small towel.

 

"I see that you also have a backpack with you. Where are you from?" Leeteuk asked, starting a conversation with that stranger. It's not wrong right? Just want to avoid any awkward environment after all.

 

"Oh, I'm just passing by this town. I'm from China." 

 

"China? Wahhh, it's far!!" Eunhyuk said in awed. 

 

"But.." 

 

"I can speak Hangul a quite well because it's been 7 month that I've been here. Besides, I've learnt it beforehand." 

 

"What are you doing here?" Sungmin ask while sitting comfortably on some clean wood.

 

"Searching for a treasure."