Sixteen

Travellers Story

Everyone settle down in the rented room including Donghee. He is being seated on Sungmin's bed along with Sungmin and Siwon next to him. He is a bit calmer than the first time they met him earlier on the street.

 

Kangin was out and still didn't come back after he dragged the man who he claimed as his enemy away. Rain start pouring again, wetting the ground little by little. The room is totally in silence except for the sound of the rain hitting the glass window. 

 

Heechul eyeing Donghee who is curling himself once again. At first, he really don't understand why Leeteuk insisted to bring the man in all-black outfit back with him. It's not like they knew him or something. They just coincidently met them while he was beaten up by Kangin's enemy. And thinking about it, what is the reason behind it?

 

Sungmin decided that he will start the conversation first since everyone still in silent. He clears his throat, enough to gather attentions. "Hey..Donghee?" He called out the name he heard just hours ago.

 

Donghee stay silent, not given any response either. So, Sungmin continue. "Are you okay?" 

 

"I need to go home." Donghee whispered.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes. 'If you want to go home that much, then why you're agreed to come with us in the first place.' He thought.

 

"You can't. Who knows if there is still a person who want to kill you out there." Leeteuk staated concernly.

 

"Leeteuk hyung is right. Why don't you stay here for a while or just wait till Kangin back, and we can ask the man on what happen." Hangeng insisted.

 

"I don't care." Donghee replied. "Just let them kill me."

 

"What? Are you crazy??" Eunhyuk frowned. This is the first time he meet someone who don't give a care with there is person to kill him. Someone who eager to die. For Eunhyuk, no matter how hard the life is, just live it. Isn't you should be thankful for breathing? 

 

"Yes, I am! You know nothing. If you are in my shoes, then you will know how much you want to die." Donghee said lifting his face a bit, even half of his face still cover by the knitted scarf.

 

"We can't get in your shoes. It's not fit us and no matter how we try, we can't. We have different kind of size, and that size of shoes only suit you. Isn't that mean, the shoes is special then?" Kibum said. Kibum know maybe they don't understand what he trying to say to, but at least he hope Donghee understand it.

 

"What shoes are we talking about now?" Donghae asked.

 

"Kibum is right. Only you can walk with that shoes." Hangeng commented while Yesung who sit next to him frowned. "Anyway, why you want to die that much?" 

 

"I've got no reason to live. And, my existance only bringing a bad luck. I'm suppose, I should die then." Donghee answered.

 

"I'm confuse." Yesung mumbled. "Shoes and die. Where is the connection?" 

 

Heechul smacked Yesung head while groaned. "Stupid."

 

"You can't think in that way! Everyone live for a reason. You should be grateful for breathing. Everything that happen for your live, must have a reason. Think about the people around you, don't you think it hurt them?" Siwon spoke out softly even with a loud start. He just don't agree with Donghee words, and for him, he hate the words 'death'.

 

"Nobody loves me! Nobody want me! No one care if I live or die!! I have no one in this word!! Why should I live!!!??" Donghee yelled, already standing from his previous spot. "My parents had died, and it's my fault." He added, with a tears drop from his eyes.

 

"What do you mean?" Donghae asked, curiously.

 

"I've been cursed. This town is in cursed."

 

Their eyes went wide in shock. "Then, the cursed boy that the old man told earlier, is you?" Sungmin shocked.

 

"Because of me, my parents died. Because of me, my friends died. Because of me, half of the town were burned. Everything that happened in this town, it's all cause by me!!" 

 

"What are you talking about? Why you need to put all the blame on you?" Leeteuk questioned while looking at the latter sharply.

 

"Because that's what people said and they were true!!"

 

Heechul laughing loudly like he heard such a funny jokes. Everyone turn their attentions towards the red-hair guy including Donghee. With his crossed legs and hands under uis chin, he speaks up. "Pft, how many years have you live under all these stupidness? Oh my..you're so stupid, you realize that do you?" Heechul chuckles softly. "I've listened to the curse story from the crazy old man and you know what, it's funny."

 

"Yah, Heechul-ah.." Hangeng tried to stop him but being ignored by Heechul who slowly getting up .

 

"We are not living in the century where Cinderella and Snow White were. There is no words such curse anymore. It's called, destiny..fate.. All the things that had happened, it's just coincident. It's your destiny. And there you are, believing all that without the positive thinking. What a waste life you have, boy." 

 

Thinking about the words, everyone start feeling like it is true. Aside from everyone sight, Kibum silently smiling with his head bowing down.

 

"You can't just accept everything you heard. What the use of your brain then? Don't let just a simple word ruining your life forever." Heechul added slowly as he leaning against the window, looking at the outside world.

 

Donghee falls on his knee onto the floor with a loud thud. "Destiny? Fate?" He mumbled as he grips his hand. Like a key just open a locking door, something tucks inside the poor guy. What is this? No one ever said all that things to me. What is this man talking about? 

 

 

The door swung open revealing Kangin who was all wet with a small bag on his shoulder. "What?" He asked omce he realized that every pairs of eyes are into him at the moment.

 

"You're back." Leeteuk said.

 

"Well, of course I am. Isn't I'm right here now." He answered as he making his way towards his bed. Putting the man down on the bed, he moves to grab a towel when he noticed something. "Uh? You're still here?" He glanced at Donghee.

 

"Ahh, that's what we want to ask you about. About the guy earlier.." Leeteuk even get to finished his words when Kangin cut him off.

 

"Don't worry. No one gonna kill him after this. I can guarantee you that." Kangin said as he drying his wet hair. 

 

"Why he want to kill Donghee?" Sungmin asked before he looking at the silent Donghee.

 

Kangin sighed. "I don't know, I don't asked him about it." 

 

"It's because I bring the bad luck to people. There is no wonder if someone want me to die. It's happened before anyway." Donghee interupted them. "Anyway, I never see any of you before. Why you come here?" He questioned when he realized that he never met any of them.

 

"Ahh, it's because we just passing through. But, since the weather is not good, we stay here for a while. We will be leaving tomorrow though." Sungmin answered with his cute smile. 

 

It's been long since I saw someone smiling to me. I almost forget the feeling when someone smiling to me. Should I reply to that smile? But, I.. I can't smile. My lips can't.. Donghee sighed silently. "Ahh..I guess I should leave now." He said as he get up from the bed, adjusting his scarf around his neck, ready to leave.

 

"Now? Are you sure?" Sungmin questioned, getting up as well next to Donghee who is a bit taller than him.

 

Donghee looks at Sungmin when the brunette asked him that. What that mean? He give a questionable expression to Sungmin as a reply.

 

"Anyway, Donghee. Where do you live?" Leeteuk stepped in.

 

"Oh right!" Kangin said suddenly. "I forgot about something."

 

"What is it?" Yesung asked.

 

"You better leave this town. People in this town already knows about the incident today and I heard that they want to chase you out. Well, something between bringing bad luck and also dangering the people with the murderer around searching for you." He glanced at Donghee without any expression but still deep in his heart, he pitying the latter.

 

Sungmin and Eunhyuk see how Donghee slowly closing his eyes and his hands gripping the end of his coat tightly. 

 

"I..I see. Al..Alright then." Donghee mumbled. After a minutes, he slowly making his way towards the door with his head down and ignoring the eyes that watching sadly towards him. 

 

"Wait!" A hand grabs Donghee's arm. "Where are you going then?" Sungmin asked.

 

Without turning his body or even lifting up his face, he answer, "Anywhere." 

 

"Then, come with me." Sungmin suggested, shocking everyone else and mostly Donghee. 

 

Donghee pull his arm from Sungmin. "I can't."

 

"Why?"

 

"Don't you understand? I can't! What if something happen to you? I only.."

 

"So, you still didn't let those 'curse' slip from your mind. Tcht, stupid." Heechul commented.

 

"Donghee-shi." Leeteuk called. "What if we make a deal?" He approached the man slowly.

 

"Deal?" 

 

"Yeah, deal. What if you follow us for a week and let's see either you really bringing a curse with you or not." Leeteuk suggested.

 

Donghee looks at the man who is known as Leeteuk with his wide eyes. 

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae jumped on both side of the stunning man. Eunhyuk put his hand on Donghee left shoulder as he grinning widely. "Just agree with it!"

 

"Right. Come with us!" Donghae added.

 

One by one slowly approaching Donghee, leaving their previous spot. Kibum and Siwon standing behind Leeteuk while Hangeng and Yesung next to Donghae and Eunhyuk. The red hair guy, Heechul leaning against the bed near them while Kangin stop his current activity and looking at him.

 

"What is something happen?"

 

"And what if nothing happen?" Hangeng said fastly.

 

"It's only two options. Either leaving with us and being chase by the people and walking alone with no destination in mind. You choose." Yesung said as he cross his arms to his chest.

 

"Oh come on. Just come with us! At least, let's try for a week okay?" Sungmin put his arm around Donghee's neck make the taller stumbles to the front. 

 

That night, after everyone else already sleeping after wishing goodnight to each other, the light was turned off and silenceness fill the room. Only the light from the street light outside making the room a bit dimmed.

 

Donghee has forced to take Eunhyuk's bed when the younger insisted him and goes to share bed with Donghae instead. Donghee still can't sleeping and he knows he is not the only one.

 

"Hey Donghee. Are you asleep?" Sungmin whispered.

 

Donghee rolls his body to his left, where Sungmin is. "No." He whispered back, worried if his voice disturbing the others.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Sungmin whispered a bit slower this time when heard someone moving on the bed.

 

"What?"

 

"Two days ago, it's you right?"

 

Im the darkness, out from everyone sight, Donghee smile softly. "Sungmin-shi. Thanks." He whispered before rolling back to another side. Donghee still smiling as he close his eyes. How can he forget that day, when he was sitting alone on the swing, thinking about everything that happen in his life before someone talk to him. Asking him a way. At first, he is so shocked, don't know how to react and get so scared. In his mind, he only want to run away. But, a guy in his pink shirt and pink sweater bent down to his level, peeking into his scarf. Without he realized, tears rolling from his eyes. 

 

"Goodnight, Donghee." Sungmin whispered, smiling cutely.

 

'Goodnight.' 

 

The next day..

 

"Hey you! What'a your name?" Heechul asked suddenly while they are walking leaving the town behind. Amazingly that morning, don't know why, Kangin asked them if he can  joining them too and knowing how kind Leeteuk is, he agreed without a second of thought.

 

"Uh? Donghee. Shin Donghee." 

 

"Ahh. What if you just change your name?" 

 

"What? It's rude to ask a person to change their name, Heechul-ah." Hangeng objected.

 

"What? Isn't it good, for his safety too right? This way, no one will know him anymore." 

 

"But.."

 

"I don't mind." Donghee cut their arguments.

 

"Great! I will call you Shindong from now on! Somehow, the name is more suites with you." Heechul winked before moving on with Hangeng poking on his head.

 

"Shindong.."