Three

Travellers Story

It's been almost a month since Leeteuk start his journey. And in just this time, Leeteuk had learn a lot of something new. He's been close to Sungmin and Eunhyuk. These two always followed him close behind and stick like we've known for a long time. Seriously, I never thought that I will have this experience once I decided to take this path.

 

"Leeteuk hyung!! Look what I've got!!" Eunhyuk shouts loudly from inside the river while showing up the fish that he got.

 

"Eunhyuk-ah, you're doing well!! Get more!!" Sungmin shouted back while sitting on the big rock with Leeteuk.

 

Eunhyuk is really cheerful and humorous person. He is a lot different since the first time they met him. Eunhyuk always tried to make them laugh with his playful attitude, differ from Leeteuk and Sungmin. This person really change them a lot.

 

"Sungmin hyung, Leeteuk hyung. Come on, join me!!" 

 

"The water is cold Eunhyuk-ah." Leeteuk said move away from Eunhyuk who already closer to them.

 

"No hyung. The water is fine. There is a lot of fish for us tonight!" Eunhyuk said happily.

 

"Sungmin, you go with Eunhyuk." Leeteuk order pushing Sungmin shoulder a bit.

 

"Ahhh why. I don't want too." 

 

Eunhyuk keep waiting for his two hyung inside the water alone watching them. Suddenly Eunhyuk got an idea in his mind. I am genius! He move a bit closer to them slip behind the big rock. Leeteuk and Sungmin were in their deep conversation, not realized what had Eunhyuk did. A creepy Eunhyuk get on the rock slowly from behind them and push them into the river at the same time.

 

Dush!! 

 

"Eunhyuk-ah!!!" Sungmin screams loudly.

 

"Ahh cold..cold.." Leeteuk said with his trembling body. Eunhyuk just laugh at them before he also jump to join them in the water. Moments later Eunhyuk also jump into the river along with them. They play together, splashing the water to each other happily. 

 

"Eunhyuk-ah! Don't run." Sungmin said before starts swimming to chasing the younger.

 

"Leeteuk hyung. Help!!" Eunhyuk swims closer to Leeteuk and hiding behind Leeteuk to avoiding Sungmin's hand that reaches out for him.

"Yah, we should catch fish not playing like this you know. Or else, you don't want to eat for tonight?" Leeteuk said between the two who keep moving around him.

 

"But hyung. Sungmin hyung want to hit me." Eunhyuk said with his pouting mouth. Seriously, since when this kid knows how to do that??

 

"Not like hyung will care about you either." Sungmin said giving his tongue out to Eunhyuk from behind Leeteuk's shoulder.

 

While Leeteuk is busy with Sungmin and Eunhyuk, there is a young man walking along towards the river on the other side unnoticed by them.

 

"Ddangkoma, look there. It is a river, wahh so beautiful right?" Yesung said to his turtle on his hand. He rubs the turtle's back softly while keep talking.

 

"We'll be here in three days. Are you happy Ddangkoma?" He said and silent for a while like waiting for the turtle to replied his words. 

 

"I know you are so happy. It's been long time since I take you out from home right. I understand you." Yesung smile sweetly to the turtle. The turtle just blink it's eyes slowly. 

 

"What? You want to swim in there?? Are you sure??" Yesung ask the turtle, not believe it.

 

"But, it's dangerous. What if you get drown??" Yesung said worriedly looking at the flowing water. He takes a step to the rock on the water carefully.

 

"Of course you've me. I will take care of you. Now, get ready to get in the water okay?" 

 

Yesung walks carefully entering the water step by step until he reached the water at the level of his waist. He looks around him looking for the safety of his precious turtle. The turtle who he named it Ddangkoma is only the pet that he had since he was a kid. Ddangkoma was a given from his late parents who had died years ago.

 

Yesung put the turtle slowly into the water. A turtle in water? You have to imagine how the reaction of the turtle by yourself. Well, to make it more epic, Yesung lost his grip from the turtle. Ddangkoma moves away from Yesung following the flows of the water. Yesung face is in horror!

 

"Ddangkoma!!! Swims back here!!!" Yesung shouts loudly trying to reach the turtle but he can't. 

 

 

"Hyung, you heard that?" Sungmin ask while he try to catch the fish. Leeteuk give him nods as an answer for his question earlier. 

 

"Hyungie look! I found a tortoise!!" Eunhyuk comes out from the water far from them while showing a little greeny thing on his hand.

 

"Tortoise??" Leeteuk ask looking to Sungmin. Sungmin just shrugging his shoulders before motioning Eunhyuk to come closer to them.

 

"Look hyung." Eunhyuk showed them the 'tortoise' that he met while he swim earlier.

 

"Err Eunhyuk. Why this tortoise looks like a turtle?" Sungmin asked while examines that greeny thing.

 

"Turtle? Infact it looks like a turtle. But Min, turtle don't live in a river right??" Leeteuk said thinking about it. Am I wrong?

 

"Ddangkoma!!!" They heard the shouts again and it get louder this time. They look around trying to search for the loud voice. Where is it?

 

"Ddangkoma! I've found you!!" Yesung said coming out suddenly from the water right from behind Eunhyuk making the latter jump because of the sudden appearing. The turtle that on Eunhyuk's hand also jump along with Eunhyuk making it fly in the sky.

 

"No!!!" Hig-pitched from Yesung enough to make all the ears lost it's functions and the birds from the tree flew away.

 

Yesung tried to jump but he forgot that he is in the water, flowing water. He can't make the jump perfectly and as a results, he falls flatly onto the water. The turtle also falls and once again lost from their sight. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Sungmin watching everything with their wide eyes and open mouthes. What is happening?

 

"Ddangkoma. No, don't leave me!" Yesung keep shouting histerically whipe searching for the unlucky turtle.

 

"Hyung? What is he doing?" Eunhyuk whispers next to Leeteuk. 

 

"I don't know Eunhyuk-ah." Leeteuk replied with his eyes keep looking at the person who keep splashing the water in front them.

 

"Do we need to ask him? Maybe he need a help?" Sungmin also said whispering slowly on the other side.

 

"Hyung, I think he is crazy." Leeteuk and Sungmin snaps at the younger between them with tight eyebrows.

 

 

"You!! You kill my turtle!!" Yesung said loudly, stepping closer to the three young man that standing at the edge of the river.

 

"Is he pointing to us?" Sungmin ask.

 

"I think he's pointing to Eunhyuk." Leeteuk replied him.

 

"Hyung, am I in trouble??" Eunhyuk ask gulps in own saliva. 

 

"You kill my ddangkoma!" 

 

"I'm sorry? Who is Ddan..Ddangkoma??" Leeteuk asking back trying to protect the younger who already hiding behind his shoulder.

 

"Ddangkoma! My turtle!!" Yesung said with all his murderous look on his face.

 

"Turtle??" Sungmin ask. What turtle??

 

"Yes turtle!!" If the glares could kill, the three of them already died there.

 

"Sir, I think there is misunderstanding here. We don't see any turtle." Leeteuk said calmly.

 

"Are you blind? The thing that your friend thrown erslier is my turtle!" Yesung said madly. He is really mad plus to much traumatized for losing the turtle.

 

"I thought it is a tortoise." Eunhyuk said honestly.

 

"Turtle? Why on earth that the turtle was in the river?" Sungmin ask scrupping his head.

 

"I lost my grip on it. Aww my turtle." Leeteuk can see the tears that formed on the person's eyes. "Your friend!! It is your friend fault!"

 

"What?? That's not my fault. Who asked you to appear so sudden like that??" Eunhyuk said defending himself. What fault? That is not fault.

 

"Sir, calm down. That is not our friend's fault. He is not the one who put it on the water firstly anyway." Sungmin said internly.

 

"That's true. That's not our friend's fault." Leeteuk said also agree with that statement.

 

"But..I don't care. You must help me find it back! It is too important in my life. I only had it. For years, Ddangkoma always stay loyal beside me. I can't live without it. You must help me!!!" Yesung said whipe shaking Leeteuk's body, pleading him for help. He must find Ddangkoma. He can't live without Ddangkoma. No!!

 

"How? We don't know where is this river flows to. We never know if the turtle still alive or not." Leeteuk said factly.

 

"Besides sir, we're not from here. We just stay for a night." Sungmin said.

 

"I don't care, you must be responsible. I will follow you even it is till the end of the world. We must find my Ddangkoma!" Yesung said already crying. His body trembling badly on Leeteuk's body.

 

 

"Hyung, are you sure to take him with us? Don't you think that maybe he is insane." Sungmin asked him while they are preparing to sleep that night. 

 

Leeteuk had decided to let Yesung joining them in aim to find his turtle. Yesung is a young man from the next village who come there to have a camping with his turtle after he got a fired from his work. Yesung insisted to follow them even they don't allowed him. For Yesung, they must be responsible and helped him to find his lovers. And for Leeteuk, he will just continue his journey while at the same time helping the turtle's lover. 

 

Since that day, Yesung also following Leeteuk and the others on their journey. They keep walking from town to town while trying to search for the turtle. Leeteuk sigh. How can they meet the turtle back? I don't think that we will ever found it. What should I do?