Thirteen

Travellers Story

The sky is a bit cloudy and the wind is quite cold and strong. But still, it didn't stop them from keep moving. As long as they can keep walking, then they will. Besides, it's not like the wind is too strong until it can risking them from anything. Something is odd with the atmosphere among them since they start their journey for the day. 

 

"Donghae? Are you okay?" Siwon asked after he put his arm on Donghae's shoulder. 

 

Donghae just looking at him and smile a little. "Hmm, I am fine." He answered. Somehow, his words didn't parallel with his expression on his face.

 

After around two hours of walking, finally they are arrived to their destination. The loud honks from the ships can be heard miles away and you can see how most of the people around you are running towards their own way. 

 

"Here, your ticket." Hangeng handed Donghae his ticket. Donghae lifting up his face to Hangeng as he slowly taking the ticket.

 

"Thanks, hyung." He thanked Hangeng for the ticket since the older offered to buy him earlier. He keep thinking either his decision to back to his home are right or not for this moment. He just feel so heavy to leave. He don't know why though because going back home is what he waiting the most for all this time, but leaving them.. 

 

Donghae looking at each of them around him. Some of them are didn't pay any attention to him and focusing on their eyes on the people around while some other are chatting to fill the time. He open the folded ticket in his hand, and it stated that he has around thirteen minutes left before he will get on his ship. 

 

"Donghae hyung?" Kibum called as the smaller boy hugging him from behind, suddenly.

 

Donghae snapped with the sudden hug but just let him be. "What is it Kibum?"

 

"Hyung. Can you not leave?" Kibum questioned more like a whisper close to Donghae's ears.

 

Donghae sighed. Once again he looks up at the ship in front of them. Should I leave? Sure, home is the happiest place to be at but it's been months since he was with all of them. Being with them, also one of the happiest place for me. "I..I don't know, Kibum-ah."

 

"Don't leave. Stay with me, with the hyungs." Kibum said directly as he slowly releasing the older.

 

Donghae turns his face around and what he saw clearly shocking him. Under those bangs on Kibum's forehead, he can see the tears drop from the lower head. "Kibum?" He called softly. Looks like, the loud of people around really covering their voice since none of their friends listen to them.

 

"You are the first one who is holding my hand since I was been here. I came here alone, without knowing anyone at all. Even, I don't even know who am I really is. But, since you offered me your hand that day, my fears have been gone. The me who is alone and scared, don't know what to do, don't know where to go. The you who lift me up and bring me along with the others. The you who met me up with the hyungs." Kibum paused as he wiping away his tears before he slowly lifting up his head and meet Donghae's eyes. "I am very grateful and thankful to you, Donghae hyung. I am happy because I meet you and the others. I.. I.." 

 

The loud honk from the ship in front of them echoing all the corner of the port, interupting Kibum words. Donghae watch the ship while the people slowly entering it. Then, he looks once again at Kibum.

 

"Donghae, it's time." Yesung called out from where he is standing with the others, leaving Donghae and Kibum alone.

 

"Kibum-ah.." He reached out for Kibum's hand.

 

"It's fine hyung. I understand how much you miss your home. There is where you belong. I just want to say my thanks to you hyung. Thank you for helping me." Kibum cut him off before he pulls Donghae to where their friends are.

 

Eunhyuk quickly jumping and hugging his same age friend while crying like a baby. "You are my best friend forever, okay Donghae?" He cried out as he tightening his hugs. "Promise me to never forget me okay?" He stated firmly while his tears were flowing like a river on his cheeks. 

 

"Hmm!" Donghae hummed as a reply to Eunhyuk.

 

"Donghae-ah. Always care for your health and be careful okay? Eat well and also don't be too tired." Leeteuk stepped in from behind Euhyuk as he gently ruffling Donghae's hair. "Don't forget us. Hyung love you."

 

The others also say their last words to Donghae before the younger slowly leaving and make his way towards the enter of the ship. Eunhyuk still crying in Sungmin's arms while waving his hand to Donghae. Kibum on the other side just keep his flat face even Donghae can see it well the tears that threatening to fall. 

 

"Saranghae and thank you."

 

Last called before the ship depart and Donghae shadow among the crowd slowly dissappearing. Leeteuk give out a small smile as he exchanging his eyes with Hangeng and Heechul next to him. While Kibum still looking at the crowd worriedly before a hand on his head snap him off. Yesung gently put his hand on Kibum's head before he ruffling the dark black hair. Yesung knows Kibum feeling since the first day Kibum joining them, he always sticked close to Donghae. And now, when Donghae is going back to his hometown, it must be hard.

 

"It's fine, you can rely on any of us. We are your friends too and we are your hyungs too." Yesung whispered.

 

"Yah monkey! Stop crying!! You are such a baby." Heechul teased when they slowly turning their body, leaving the port.

 

Eunhyuk looks up from Sungmin's shoulder and shoot the older with his pouting mouth. "I'm not a monkey!" He replied. 

 

"Yes you are! How old are you anyway. Just look at Kibum, he is much younger than you but still I've never saw any tears from him." Heechul smirked while pulling the said boy into his arms. Kibum just let him be.

 

"Not like he showed any expression before." Eunhyuk replied back. But his replied only got a smack on his head by Sungmin. 

 

"It's not nice to say it like that Eunhyuk-ah." Sungmin said sternly as he shaking his head slightly.

 

"Hey hey hey.. Now, that's enough." Leeteuk smiled and standing in between them. "Wanna ice cream? Hyung treat." He added, glancing at his left and right.

 

Hearing the words ice cream from Leeteuk, Eunhyuk immediately nodding his head and his sad face turn into a big sparkling smile. 

 

"Can I?" Siwon asked as he raising up his hand.

 

"Of course Siwon. You too." Leeteuk answered him. "And Kibum too!" 

 

"I don't like sweets." Kibum refused.

 

"Shut it up and just enjoying your life." Heechul stated before he ruffling Kibum's hair, only making the latter grunts in annoyed tone.

 

Everyone laughing altogether as they move making their way towards the nearest ice-cream store. But suddenly..

 

"Hyungggg!!!!!" Comes a familiar voice that shouting from behind them. Siwon looks at Yesung and Yesung looks at Leeteuk and so on with the others.

 

"Hyunggg!! Wait up for me!" 

 

"Huh? That's voice..." Hangeng voiced out.

 

"Donghae hyung!!!" Kibum stated with his voice higher than usual.

 

Spontaneous, all of them turning their bodies to look up at the voice from behind. There, among all the people around the port, they noticed a young boy is running towards them while avoiding the people. Is this real?

 

Donghae keep running while smiling widely. He managed to escape from the ship before it start closing down his door. He realized, there is nothing more than happy if he can be with all of them. Of course he also know that one day, they all still need to separate and choose their own way since this is just a momentary, but till its happen, Donghae want to be with them. 

 

"Donghae? What are you doing? Isn't you suppose.."

 

"I don't want to! I want to be with hyungs, Siwon, Eunhyuk and Kibum!" He answered Leeteuk while panting heavily.

 

"But.." 

 

"It's okay Yesung hyung. Besides, there is also nothing that waiting for me in my home." He cut Yesung off.

 

"Are you sure Donghae?" Hangeng asked.

 

Donghae just nodding his head with his wide bright smile, yeah, he looks so confident with his decision anyway. "Yah, Eunhyuk! Kibum! Don't you two happy?" He asked both of the silent friends.

 

Leeteuk sighed lightly. Looks like the level of the journey have coming to another one stage. 

 

 

Far from them, without they noticed it, someone is leaning against the tree while his hands in the jeans pockets. He has been watching them for quite a while. Then, he close his eyes back before leaving the tree and disappeared among the sea of people.

 

 

"Hyung, where are we?" Siwon asked as his eyes keep wondering around. The wind is quite strong. The sound of the rustling leaves that swaying along the wind adding with the gray sky, okay its not so good. 

 

"I also don't know Siwon-ah." Hangeng replied. 

 

"Let's find someone to ask. And also, we need a place for tonight since the weather is not good to continue on our journey." Leeteuk decided as he patting softly on Hangeng's back before he takes the lead.

 

Hangeng nodding his head as agreeing with Leeteuk decision since he also thinking the same way. But the problem is, who can they ask to? There is nobody else around them except for an abandoned buildings and houses. A box is rolling on the road due to the wind just right in front of them. 

 

"This is creepy." Kibum pointed out before he slowly hiding himself into the centre of the group just right next to Yesung. 

 

"Yeah, it's like entering a ghost house. Where are we anyway?" Heechul mumbled alone while his hand reaching for Hangeng's arm. "Are we in horror story now or what?" He added. Hangeng who is next to him just shaking his head slightly with the red hair's friend attitude.

 

"Oh hyung, looks! There is someone!" Sungmin pointed out his finger towards a small playground not far from them. All of them looking in the same direction and they say a manwearing a thick black jacket with a black knitten scarf and a pair of black shoe. Okay, so all black uh?

 

The man is sitting alone on one of the swing, since the other swings was broken, with his head lowering looking to the ground. "Should we approaching him?" Siwon asked with a lower voice.

 

"Maybe he is a ghost?" Heechul voiced out what is in his mind. 

 

"Shut up Heechul. You are scaring them." Hangeng glanced at Heechul before he titling his head to the trio, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Kibum in the middle. 

 

Heechul didn't say anything except his lips forming a little smirk. 

 

Step by step, they are now just standing close to the mysterious man. As the oldest, Leeteuk brave himself out before he start opening his mouth. "We're sorry sir, but can we ask you something?" Gently, he said.

 

The man didn't give any reaction for almost a minute and they are already thinking negatively in their mind. Should we run away to the left or right? Yeah, same thinking.

 

"Um..excuse me?" Yesung voiced out.

 

"What? What did you want to ask me?" The man in black asked without even lifting his head. At first, all of them are quite shock hearing the man's voice because they didn't expecting it. But, they realized the voice is shaking.

 

"Uh? Ah..uh.." Leeteuk lost his words.

 

"Can we know where we can stay for a night? We are searching for a motel or any guest house." Hangeng stated.

 

The man is silent for a while before he reply, "Just go straight and then take the left when you meet a junction. After a few minutes of walking, you will find one." 

 

"Ahh, thank you sir." Hangeng bowed slightly before he gesturing the others to start walking.

 

Everybody turning his body around and ready to leave the scary playground, except for one. The pinky maniac, Sungmin.

 

"Hey, are you crying?" Sungmin asked as he knelting in front of the man, to take a better view on the man's face. But the thick knitten scarf beat him. The man's body start to shaking badly and like a cue, Sungmin felt his body being pull backwards by someone. It's Leeteuk.

 

The man slowly getting up from the swing, making a crack sound. Then, he hugging his trembling body before he take a small step. "Leave me alone, if you don't want any bad luck." He said as he leaving the friends, freezing on their spot.