Chapter 1

Simply Meant To Be

            “Minho!” Baekhyun effortlessly jumped at Minho when he saw him walking alone. “Why didn’t you tell me that you will visit me? You’re really shy. If you love me, tell me. I will accept you wholeheartedly. You don’t have to be so shy about it.”

            “Byun Baekhyun.”

            “Yes?”

            “Do I look like Minho to you?”

            Baekhyun heard Minho’s familiar laugh so he didn’t let go of him. He just continued rubbing his face on Minho’s broad back while his arms are wrapped around him.

            “Even if my eyes are closed, I memorized all parts of your being, Minho. We’re destinies, you know?”  

            “No we’re not. `Cause I’m not Minho. So will you take your hands off me? I’m not really in a good mood today.”

            But he smelled so good. That’s why Baekhyun can’t let go of him.

            “You really smell so good.” Baekhyun said. “What perfume are you using? It suits you. It smells like a hunk.”

            “It suits you too.”

            Baekhyun heard Minho’s hearty laugh for the second time. Until he felt that he is removing his arms wrapped on his body. But he won’t let his rivals get his Minho first. So, Baekhyun stayed behind him even after his love had successfully freed himself from his arms. Baekhyun smiled and slowly opened his eyes. He was greeted by a handsome yet adorable face. Yes, adorable because the man in front of him reminds him of a panda—who is looking at him intently while holding his arms.

            “Hi, Tao.” Baekhyun greeted. “How are you? You’re still annoyed with the world?”

            “No. Just with you.” Dr. Huang Zitao passed Baekhyun’s captured arms to Minho who was still laughing beside him. “Bring this one to the stables. Also, put him in chains so that he won’t be loitering here.”

            Baekhyun didn’t resist. He hugged Minho, his original target. But his attention remains to Tao. Well, anyone who will look at the snob brain surgeon will just stare at him because of his handsome face. He was taller than the rest of the members of the Exo Riding Club. He was also more quiet, more aloof, and snobbier than his comembers. He was not Baekhyun’s type but he can’t help but admire Tao’s physical features.

            But of course, I’m still loyal to my Minho.

            “Tao, you’re leaving?” Minho asked. “We’re still betting on who will follow Minseok’s footsteps on entering married life.” Because lately, the young mayor of Yeongcheon proposed to Luhan, one of the receptionists in Exo Guesthouse.

            “You’re next.” Tao answered while walking away. “So if you don’t want to be one of the guys who chose to give up their bachelor life, return that one to where he came from.”

            “Hey, Tao.” Baekhyun said. “I know you’re more adorable than me. But I’m cute too. Remember that. You will never take Minho away from me.”

            Baekhyun wants to take out a camera and get a picture of Tao who slowly turns to him. Baekhyun just sighed while staring at Tao.

            Tao walked towards them. He sighed again.

            “Oh, no.” He heard Minho said. “You’re dead, Baekhyun. You made Tao mad.”

            “It’s okay.” Baekhyun nonchalantly said. “So that his expressions will have variations once in a while.”

            “You have a point. But you made him mad. I’m out of here.”

            Baekhyun doesn’t have an idea how Minho escaped from his embrace. Was he holding him too loosely? He was about to follow him when he heard Tao’s voice.

            “You.”

            Baekhyun smiled forcefully. “Yes?”

            “I heard something that’s not good for my ears. Can you say it again?”

            “Say what?”

            “What I heard that you said that’s not good for my ears.”

            “Wow! Amazing! You didn’t stutter!”

            Tao stood in front of him and looked down on him, literally. Because he is not that tall, he really needs to look up. He can feel anger in Tao’s eyes but he can’t bring himself to be scared or get intimidated to him while staring on his handsome face.

            “Baekhyun, being Sungmin’s cousin doesn’t mean I can’t do anything to throw you out of the Exo Riding Club for good.” Tao’s every word is firm and with a hint of anger. Baekhyun remained smiling at him. “Remember, Siwon’s eyes are on you since that fight with Jonghyun. One mistake and you’ll be out of here in no time.”

            Baekhyun just nodded, still smiling. “I know that, Tao. Don’t worry, I’m a good boy now.”

            “I don’t see that.”

            “Okay, how can I show it to you?”

            “Take back what you have all said earlier. And apologize to me.”

            “I take back what I have said earlier. I’m sorry. Is that right?” Baekhyun is still looking at Tao. “If you have any more requests, just tell me. I can easily do that.”

            Tao’s forehead knotted while he’s just looking at his face. “Are you sick or something?”

            “I’m not sick. I’m feeling good. Thank you for the concern.”

            “I’m not concerned.”

            “Okay, you say so. So, is there something else bothering you? Because I need to follow my Minho because there might be someone who will snatch him away from me. I have to be vigilant, you know. Especially that my greatest competition for him, Jonghyun has Key now.”

            “Minho already left.”

            “I know where he will go, anyway.” Baekyun took out his phone and brought it to Tao’s face. “I’ll take your picture, okay? You’re really handsome.”

            But before Baekhyun can even take Tao’s picture, the latter had his back on him. He just captured Tao’s broad back. He glanced at the pictures that he took.

            “Wow, this is nice.” Baekhyun mumbled, and then took a picture of different angles of Tao walking away. Even his back doesn’t have a bad angle. Baekhyun laughed like a maniac. “I’m getting rich!”

-----------------------------

            “How much is this?”

            “Oh, that one? 7500 won.”

            “How expensive!”

            “Expensive? Hello! You think you can see that product anywhere? Even if you searched the whole country, or the whole world, you can’t see something like that. But if you don’t want it—”

            “No! I want it! Give it to me.”

            Baekhyun grinned while counting the money that he earned for that particular product. It’s not really his forte to sell anything. Their family is rich. They have a chain of resorts and hotels that is supervised by his Sungmin hyung. Sungmin is his cousin since his father and Sungmin’s mother are siblings. Since they are the only heir of their family's business, they are all expecting him to help Sungmin in managing their business. But he wants to do something—to prove not just to himself but to other people as well that he can be a successful businessman on his own.

            So he negotiated with Jonghyun, the owner of Jonglyu Souvenir Shop inside the Exo Riding Club to franchise the shop and put a branch outside the club to manage it personally. His business is starting slow because he has many competitors. But because of his cleverness, he thought a good strategy to overthrow his competitors.

            Yep. The Exo Riding Club Members.

            “Baekhyun, did Sehun really held this teddy bear?”

            “Of course. Look at the tag, it has his dedication.”

            His customers, mostly female shrieked in excitement when they saw the handwriting of the said Exo Riding Club member. The woman immediately paid for the stuffed toy and happily went outside the shop.

            “How’s my crush, Taemin? Is he still handsome?”

            “Of course. He doesn’t change. Go on, buy that tumbler. Taemin breathed on it.”

            “Give that to me!”

            “Baekhyun, who is this handsome creature that is added to your collection of the club members?”

            Baekhyun looked on what his customer is pointing at. Most of his customers is on one side of his shop and getting crazy over the blown up pictures that he made like a mosaic on the wall. That part of the wall was the most popular area inside his shop.

            “Who?” Baekhyun asked when he approached and also looked at the wall where his customers are still going crazy at.

            “This one.”

            “Ah, Tao.”

            “Tao?” His customer shrieked. “He’s so handsome!”

            “Yeah, he’s really handsome.” Baekhyun smiled again while looking at the only descent picture that he managed to capture. It was just a stolen shot, but Tao’s handsomeness is still evident. “When you saw him in person, you’ll think of changing your religion.”

            “I want to change my religion!”

            “I will change my own mother too! Just to see him in person!”

            “Byun Baekhyun, I want to buy that picture.” Chunhee said, his richest and most loyal customer. “Name your price.”

            “Twelve thousand won.” Baekhyun immediately answered. It’s up to Chunhee if she will agree or not.

            Chunhee agreed. Baekhyun is about to answer when there’s someone who raises her hand to bid a much higher price.

            “Baekhyun, fifteen thousand. Give me Tao’s picture.”

            The others also bid for Tao’s picture. Baekhyun wants to laugh for the outcome of that “bidding”.

            “Two hundred fifty thousand won!” Chunhee shouted, and then she took out her checkbook. “I will ask my bodyguards to beat whoever tries to give a higher bid.”

            No one reacted. Baekhyun just laughed. Wow, these club members are really amazing. Everything that is related to them, their crazy fanatics will do anything to have it. Those women couldn’t just get enough of those men! Baekhyun looked at Tao’s picture. Every time he sees that handsome face, he can’t hide his smile. The thought of not seeing that face every time he goes to his shop, that a member of Exo Riding Club plastered on his wall will not be complete, bores him.

            Yes, for him, the wall is not worth seeing if the most handsome member of the club—although they are all handsome, but Tao is different—will be gone.

            “Sorry, Chunhee. But my collection of these handsome men is not for sale.”

            “What? But I bid earlier. If these worms didn’t interfere, that picture will be mine. Besides, it’s two hundred fifty thousand won for a mere picture. Where can you get that kind of deal?”

            “You’re right. It’s a shame if I let you buy it for two hundred fifty thousand. It’s just a picture. Let’s just leave Tao there so all of us will benefit from his handsomeness.”

            “Us? I thought you like Minho? Why are you joining us?”

            “Of course. All of us should benefit from the blessed members of Exo Riding Club.”

            The first thing that Baekhyun learned in business is that he should ignore the customer’s irrational behavior. Especially not fighting with his customers. Customers might always be right. But he would always have the last say where his store was concerned.

            “You’re really annoying, Baekhyun. You have Minho already. Just be contented with him. Just let the other club members to us.”           

            “I’m not taking them away from you.”

            “So why are you taking Tao away from us?”

            “Huh?”

            “You don’t want to share him with us.”

            “What?” Baekhyun noticed that all of his customers are looking at him, as if waiting for his reply.

            He’s taking Tao away from them? Well, duh. He picked Tao’s picture from the wall, gave it to Chunhee, and gets the check from her.

            “Have a great day ahead!” Baekhyun said while waving the check in the air. “`Cause I’m having the greatest day of my life!”

            “Thank you very much.”

            “You’re welcome—” The check that he was holding was gone. When he looked at the impudent who took his check, he is even surprised. “Tao?”

            Baekhyun can clearly hear the collected gasp of his customers while looking at Tao, dumbstruck. So that’s why they all became quiet.

            “Tao, what are you doing here?”

            “Taking the payment for my picture that you sold without my permission.”

            Baekhyun can’t do anything but smile. “I’m a businessman.”

            “No.” Tao looked at the pictures on the wall and shook his head. “You’re pathetic.”

            Baekhyun doesn’t have an idea what’s going on Tao’s mind when he looked at him with a knotted forehead and approached Chunhee who is just gawking at Tao. Then Tao took his picture and return the check back to Chunhee. And then just like the way he had come, he walked out of the establishment without any sound.

            Baekhyun just sighed. “I’m poor.”

            “I’m in love!” All of his customers shouted at once.

 

-----------------------------

Hello everyone! Here's the first chapter. I hope y'all like it! I would like to thank Rukia_Uchiha, Angblingjonghyun, maknaecomrade, Annehanna, xingxingbaekhyeonnie, sweetfeline, marcybacon, and pinkyeorrie for commenting, subscribing and upvoting even before the first chapter is posted. *throws hearts at you* Anyway, if you have noticed, Tao is a neurosurgeon here. (Imagine Tao in a white lab coat *drools*) I'll just edit this chapter tomorrow because I have school so I'm sorry for any grammatical and/or spelling errors here. Thank you so much! :)