A Night With Infinite

The Soloist

“Okay CEO will tame the public tomorrow, so today you should sleep somewhere else,” Yuri sat on the edge of Kyung-sun’s desk. “Can I co-“

 

“No.” ‘That was a fast no,’ he thought to himself. ‘Oh maybe they’ll be some ‘personal time’.’ “Maybe I should stay at a hotel?” he looked up at Yuri, who was now use to his unfocused eyes. She hummed thoughtfully, “No, they’ll find you.” Her voice rung through the silent studio. Ears picking up a familiar footstep pattern nearing his studio, Kyung-sun quickly called. “Come in,” When their footsteps stopped in front of his room. ‘I still am not able to understand how he does that.’

 

“Hey I left my coat here.” Sungjong walked in and picked up his coat from the corner of the room. Sensing his friend’s slight distress, he finally said. “Hyung do you need anything before I go?” The elder’s eyes darted in his direction, widened. ‘How did he know?’ “Sungjong do you think Kyung-sun could sleep at your dorms tonight?” Yuri butted in before Kyung-sun could refuse. Taken aback from the weird question. “Why?” weary dripping from his voice. “Paparazzi.” That was all it took for Sungjong’s lips to form the ‘o’ shape.

 

“Yeah sure I’m leaving now,” Sungjong neared them, and took one of Kyung-sun’s hands. “Come on let’s go,"

 

“I can walk on my own just fine,” he ripped his hand away from Sungjong’s small hands. “I’m going to go fetch JAM and my things,” coldness was evident in his voice. ‘I’m blind not paralyzed.’ Picking JAM up and his things, he put his sunglasses and mouth mask on. “Let’s go,” he didn’t even wait for Sungjong, he just left. “Wait up!” Sungjong stood by his side, putting on his sunglasses and mouth mask. “Look I’m sorry for what happen,” Full aware what he did was seen as disgusting in Kyung-sun’s eyes. “It’s okay,” Sungjong was let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. “Just don’t repeat you mistake.” Kyung-sun was quite a forgiving person, especially to those he hold close to his heart.

 

“Uggghh,” They were half way home, any Sungjong was tired out. “I hate Kim Sunggyu for doing this to me!” Kyung-sun just laughed, it was funny hearing Sungjong insult his elder. “You know he never does any of the clean, just boss us around clean,” Since he was already started on insulting him he may continue. Mimicking his voice he mocked. “Sungjong do the dishes, Sungjong clean the toilet, Sungjong scrub harder, Sungjong blah blah.” This made Kyung-sun laugh harder. Tears were gathering at the corner of his eyes, as Sungjong continued to mimic his elder.

 

“Were finally here!” they entered a small apartment block, it was cozy. “This is where you live?”

 

“Yeah, it’s great isn’t it!” the other nodded slowly, and examined the room. “Uhhh, the elevator is still broken.” All Kyung-sun did was silently follow the younger footsteps. “Can I hold JAM?” Sungjong abruptly halted in the midway through the steps. “Yeah sure,” he extended his arms and the other took the middle sized dog in his arms. “OMO he’s so cute!”  They continued their way up, with Sungjong cooing to the dog.

 

“Welcome to the Infinite dorms!” Sungjong dramatically opened the door, a mixed smell of dust and unknown things hit Kyung-sun all at once. “Can I have JAM back?” he knew he was going to need him to memorize the place. Kyung-sun was grateful he had a great memory his made it easier for him to memorize places.

 

“Let me show you around,” Sungjong said whilst taking his shoes of. “Just place your shoes anywhere here.” Taking his shoes of his bent next to JAM and he took the shoes in his mouth and when and placed then next to the rest. “Good boy,” he ruffled the dog’s hair, when he returned. “WOW did you teach him that!?” Kyung-sun nodded smiling proudly. “That’s amazing! Anyway let’s go!”

 

Kyung-sun let his hand brush the wall so he could map out the dorms. “Okay so this is the living room,” and they spent an hour just mapping out the dorms. “Is it okay if sleep on the floor in the living room?” Kyung-sun just nodded, he didn’t mind as long as those paparazzi people didn’t bother him. “Let’s go make dinner!”

 

“Just to warn you I’m amazing at making instant noodles!” Kyung-sun joked. DING DONG. The loud doorbell echoed through the house. Startling the boys. “Who would ring now?” ‘Everyone has their keys.’ Sungjong made his way to door and peeked through the peeping hole. ‘Isn’t that Kyung-sun’s manger?’ he opened to the door to be greeted with the smell of something amazing. “I came to drop this as a thank you for Kyung-sun,” she bowed and handed him something heavy. “I’ll see you tomorrow, I need to go Ittadakimasu!” ‘She’s Japanese?’

 

“Our dinner is sorted,” Sungjong said as he placed what she gave him. Smelling the familiar scent Kyung-sun said. “She made hotpot!” He was happy as long as Yuri cooked anything. “SUNGJONG WE’RE HOME!” Kyung-sun nearly stumble over, from the sudden loud shouts of Woohyun.  “OKAY!”

 

“Do you guys not know how not to shout?” Kyung-sun frustatedly said, rubbing his ear from the slight pain they caused him. He had sensitive ears. “What did you cook?” Dongwoo questioned stretching at the door. “Hotpot?” it was more of a question. “Okay.”

 

“EVERYONE WE’RE HAVING HOTPOT FOR DINNER!” Nobody noticed that Kyung-sun was here and Sungjong never told anyone. “Here take the hotpot and I’ll take these,” dumping the hotpot in Kyung-sun’s hands, Sungjong led on out to the living room. “SUNGYEOL WHAT’S TAKING YOU SO LONG IN THERE?!” Loud banding echoed through the dorm. “WE’RE ALL WAITING!” The anger shouts of various members left them giggling as they sat on the floor. “Where is JAM?” Kyung-sun blinked in surprise that he forgot his dog. “I have no idea,” he was once again rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

 

Barking came from the end of the small hallway that lead to various members’ room. “WHY THE HELL IS THEIR A DOG IN MY ROOM?!” Woohyun’s voice boomed throughout the dorm. “WHAT?” Sunggyu’s voice was heard. “JAM?” Looking straight into the dogs beady eyes, he recognized him straight away. “Hotpot, weird shoes, JAM.” The elder stood thoughtful. Then it all clicked; Kyung-sun was here. Suddenly amidst all of this, a unique melodic melody came from the living room. With no warning, the dog jumped up from the floor and skidded to the living room. Following that was a soft laugh.

 

‘My guess was correct, but why is he here?’ “What brings you here?” he could her Myungsoo’s voice question. “Paparazzi.” Sunggyu’s face fell, he was hoping maybe he was visiting to see him and he also felt guilty that he was the main reason he was unable to be cozy at home. Probably with his parents or someone. ‘Does he have a girlfriend?’ he slapped himself. ‘What no why do I care?’ “Hyung are you felling okay?” Head shooting up to Woohyun who stood concerned looking at his mate. “Yeah, why do you ask?”

 

“Hyung you’ve been standing there for five minutes red in the face, then you slap yourself!”

 

“Shhhh keep quiet.” He hushed the younger with a hush tone. “I wasn’t standing there, you must have been imaging things!” With that they made their way to the living room. “Once again grandpa gyu is last to be here,” Sungyeol declared. “Shut up.” He sat in between Howon and Myungsoo. Besides Myungsoo was Kyung-sun who was having a what seemed intriguing conversation with him. ‘Uh that’s so annoying.’

 

“This is so good!” Dongwoo kept on stuffing his face. “That’s Yuri for you,” Everyone’s head whipped at the name mentioned. Howon looked thoughtfully and then asked. “Is Yuri Japanese?”

 

“Yes she just recently moved to Korea to become my manger.” That explained a lot, from her accent to the random Japanese word she says. “So you’ll be sleeping here tonight?” Myungsoo asked, whilst Sunggyu silently listened to their conversation. “Yeah, Yuri said it would only be for tonight sorry for intruding into your home.” That being said, Sunggyu’s heart sank. He didn’t know why, it just did.

 

‘What is this?’

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to sleep in my bed?” Sungjong was worried, his elder was going to sleep on the floor. “Yeah I’m sure,” Leaving the other, Sungjong went to their leader’s room to fetch some of the spare blankets in there.

 

“I’ll be fine, just go sleep.” Sungjong was still not convinced that he would be fine. “If I need anything I come to you,” the elder sighed in defeat. “And if I don’t wake up, go to Howon-Hyung or Sunggyu-Hyung,” the elder nodded as he cuddled into the blanket he was given. “Okay now go sleep Sungjong.

 

In the middle of the night, Kyung-sun woke up feeling thirsty. Quiet and subtly, he got out from the mountain of blankets he was given and made his way to the kitchen. Rain was booming onto the windows and roof. Closing his eyes relaxed from the sound of the hissing rain that slid on the walls. He brought his glass to his lips, then suddenly BOOM. The sound of the deafening thunder boomed throughout, so did the shattering of the glass. Shaking frightened, he hated storms. He hated how the sound of thunder came so suddenly shaking him up. He hated how he doesn’t get a warning. He hated every single thing about it, worst of all it reveal awful memories.

 

He scrambled out of the kitchen to get to the safety of his blankets as soon as possible. With stinging feet and tears streamed down his face, soft sobs escaped his mouth. “Why today?” he questioned the weather. Gathering the blankets together and hugging them with a tight grip to gain comfort from them. He buried his face in them and continued to cry.

 

Finally, Sunggyu’s eyes started to close then the sound of shattering glass woke him up. ‘This is unbelievable.’ He thought, he got out of his bed to see what was happening. Stepping over Woohyun and then getting out, he heard soft sobs. Another of thunder and the sobs got louder. He followed the sound and was lead to the living room. “Kyung-sun?!” Voice was soft and comforting, unlike the sudden harsh sound of thunder that boomed.

 

“Kyung-sun?” he neared the mountain of blankets that was in the corner. “Kyung-sun are you okay?” BOOM a strong of thunder was heard. The sobs turned into crying from fair. Kneeling down beside the mountain, he unveiled a terrified Kyung-sun. “Come here,” he opened his arms and Kyung-sun crawled into them. Clinging onto Sunggyu as if life depended on it, he buried his head into his shoulder. “You can sleep with me tonight,”

 

About to refuse the offer, another boom of thunder defended his ears and he just nodded tighting his grip from fear. Jumping over Woohyun, Sunggyu lowered Kyung-sun onto his mattress that laid on the floor and joined him. For the rest of the storm, he just spent the whole time Kyung-sun’s hair for comfort and whispered him words of comfort. All Kyung-sun did was cling onto him and cry. That was all he was capable of. Feeling him fall limp and his sobbing stop, Sunggyu knew he had fallen asleep and soon after he followed with arms wrapped around the younger. A way of protecting him.

 

Groggily Kyung-sun opened his eyes, to be greeted with the soft breathing of someone. ‘What. Who?’ he thought and then all the memories of last night came into place. “Oh,” he softly whispered, he tried getting up but then was bound by something. Or someone. He felt up what wrapped itself around him and it was an arm. Kim Sunggyu’s arm was tightly wrapped around him. ‘Should I wake him up?’ ‘No I shouldn’t I kept him up.’ So at that thought he cuddled into his chest, wrapped his arms around him, and fell asleep once again listening to the calming beats of his heart. ‘Thank you Kim Sunggyu for making me feel safe.’

 

“Omo look at them they look so cute!” Sungjong was watching Kyung-sun and Sunggyu sleep tangled up in each other. “Shhh if you speak too loudly they’ll wake up!” Woohyun was sitting beside him doing the same thing. “But look!” he pointed at them. Kyung-sun’s face was buried in Sunggyu’s chest, with his arms pressed up against his chest. Sunggyu’s arm was draped around him. They heard stirring, and soft moans. “What’s this?” they saw Kyung-sun’s hand exploring Sunggyu’s muscular ones. “Oh,” he retracted his hand, and they saw him trying to push the elder. They hand to muffle a laugh when they saw that all Kyung-sun’s efforts were to waste.

 

“Come help me,” said when he heard two muffled laughs. “Sungjong please.” He pleaded he seriously didn’t want to go through the awkwardness of waking him up. Getting out of his stead, accompanied by Woohyun. The two freed the poor crushed Kyung-sun under Sunggyu’s death grip. “What time is it?”

 

“Seven thirty,” Woohyun informed him, looking down at his lit phone. “AISH I NEED TO GO!” They’ve never heard Kyung-sun so panicked. “Why?”

 

“The scandal thing I need to be at the company by seven forty.”

 

“That’s in ten minutes!” Kyung-sun ruffled his hair into place, and then whistled for JAM. In no more than a few seconds, he was greeted with a sloppy in the face. “I’ll get you there,”

 

“But hyung you don’t have a license,” Sungjong intervened before he found both of his friend dead. “Its fine, I’ve been practicing.” Biggest lie ever.

How's the story so far?