First Meeting

The Soloist

 

 

It was another uneventful day for solo artist, Choi Kyung-sun. Feeling the keyboard to get a better image of it in his mind. He was trying to compose a song, since his comeback was a year away and he only had two. Finger gliding gracefully, playing a random tune. “UHH it doesn’t sound right!” he yelled in frustration when his finger slipped and played the wrong note. ‘Maybe if I play a couple of songs I know I’ll get some inspiration,’ he thought. ‘It’s worth a try.’ He started off playing eyes, nose and lips. “Mianhe mian hagiman,” he started off. When he ended the song, he felt accomplished. ‘I still have no idea how to start.’ He banged his head repetitively. He felt his hand around his bag, to find some water. “Uhh where has it gone?!” he shouted once again frustrated. “What’s this?” he took an unfamiliar book from his bag. Running his fingers over the title. “Solo Songs of 2014,” he read out loud. Opening it he explored the song title. Until one caught his attention. “60 secs Kim Sunggyu,”

 
 

 

Running his fingers of the notes, he got familiar with them after what seemed like twenty minutes. He finally learned them off by heart. His finger gracefully their way on the keyboard, it started playing the tune. ‘This actually not bad’ he thought.

 
 

 

Sunggyu was as usual just about to exit the company building when he heard a familiar tune. ‘Who would play my song?’ following the sound, he was lead to solo artist section of the company. He was familiar with mostly everyone here. Passing a few familiar studios, he halted at an unfamiliar one. Quiet and slowly, he opened the door.

 
 

 

Kyung-sun’s ears perked up, when he heard some heavy footsteps nearing his door but this didn’t stop him from playing. He heard the man opening the door trying to be quiet about it. He was nearing the end of the song, when the song ended he heard clapping. Whipping his head back he looked at where he could heard the footsteps coming from. “Who are you?” Sunggyu was taken aback from the question, why would he be playing his song if he didn’t know who he is. “Kim Sunggyu, and who the hell are you?” he was mad that the man was so straight forward, no hello or anything. “I’m Choi Kyung-sun, it nice to meet the composer of this song,” he smiled at him.

 
 

 

‘Why isn’t he looking at my face is there something behind me?’ he turned his head to see, but he saw nothing weird. “You’re a solo artist, I’ve never seen you here before?”

 
 

 

“Because I don’t like people and their constant pity,” Kyung-sun bitterly said. “Are you just going to stand there?” he motion to a seat with his bag on it. “Take a seat,” Sunggyu felt kind of uncomfortable, the man was looked at his feet not him. “Now it’s my turn to ask questions, why are you hear?” Think made Sunggyu go red in the face, he looked at the side trying to hide his blush. Kyung-sun just blankly started at him, unfazed. His blue circle lenses bored into him. “Just passing by,”

 
 

 

“Oh, can I as you for a favour?” he Sunggyu wasn’t sure what to say, what could this odd guy want. “Depends,”

“Can you help me compose a song,” Sunggyu wasn’t expecting that, he was kind of expecting for him to ask for coffee or something, but for some reason Sunggyu blurted out at the orange hair male. “Yeah,” They spent the rest of the night, trying to composer a song. By the end of the night, early morning. They finished the first draft, and that’s all Sunggyu was going to give the man. “Thank you very much, I don’t what I would have done!” the boy respectively bow to him, for some not at him but in his general direction. “Any last requests,” Sunggyu actually enjoyed composing the song with the quiet male. He found the younger quiet cute in his actions, when his hand slips, he would swear under his breath and the repetitively apologize. “Can I touch your face?”

 
 

 

“My what?!” Sunggyu seemed surprised and angry. “NO!” With that he stomped off, leaving a sighing Kyung-sun thinking, ‘Maybe is should tell people before I saw that.’ He sighed grabbing all his belongings, and he started feeling his way to the neighbouring room, which held his dog, JAM.

 
 

 

Sunggyu rushed out of the building thinking, ‘why did I help that ert?’ he was confused no one had ever asked to touch his face. “Uhh, let it go,” he continued his way to the dorms with a scowl on his face. Upon arriving at the dorms he saw that everyone one was awake, and he could hear crashing. ‘What a surprise!’ he sarcastically thought to himself. When he enter the dorm, everyone noticed his discomfort. “Gyu Hyung are you okay?” Sungjong questioned as Sunggyu plopped himself next to him with a sigh. “I’m fine,”

 
 

 

“You’re not fine something’s bothering you,” Howon the only person Sunggyu won’t scream his head off to. “I told you I’m fine,” he insisted, but he was far from fine. His mind kept on returning to the orange head male. Everyone in the team was staring at him wanting him to spill, “OKAY!” He shouted at them, this made them smile in victory. “I was at the studio and I heard this guy playing 60 secs,” they all nodded listening in. “I followed the sound and found it was some solo artist, he kept on looking in my direction but not at me,” Everyone nodded urging him to continue. “He asked me to help him compose a song, and I did.” This made everyone stop and think why the hell their leader would do that. “Before I was going to go, I asked him if he had any last requests and he said,” all the members were leaning into him. “That he wanted to touch my face,”

 
 

 

Everyone was surprised until Myungsoo and a few other started putting the pieces together. “What’s his name?”

 
 

 

“Choi Kyung-sun,” Sungjong was surprised at first but then he said. “Hyung the man is blind,” This made his eyes widen, and chock on his saliva. “HE’S WHAT?”

 
 

 

“Blind hyung blind, keep up with this,” Woohyun said jokingly. “But he played the keyboard!” Sunggyu wasn’t just going to believe some random bull his mates were conjuring up. “Choi Kyung-sun, born 1992, parents unknown, he is known to be the first blind idol Korea has ever seen be successful and have a large fanbase worldwide.” Sungjong read off of his phone. “I must go apologize for the misunderstand!” Sunggyu quickly shot up out of his seat, and rushed out of the door. Leaving the members confused, why the hell was he acting this way?

 
How was my first chapter in my first story eva. Please comment on how to improve.