Nine

How To Make Him Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eligible and single, please, do come forward!"  The host asks the guests to come into the center of the hall as it will be flower bouquet throwing. "The bride will share her happiness to all of you!"

Seungwan just stares to group of people coming forward into the scene until Jongin nudges her. "Supervisor-nim, why wouldn't you come forward?"

"I have no mood to do that."

He then gets up. "Then I will do it. I want to get married too."  She has to hold her laugh as Jongin confidently comes into the scene and packs himself into the group of women. He is taller than them (even though they have worn high heels) so it could be a secure way to say he would bring the bouquet home. Seungwan wants to laugh. If Seulgi were here, she would probably drag him away, just like how she has done for, probably, her whole life.

Sooyoung, sees the opportunity, gets herself to sit beside Seungwan then. "Unnie!"

"Whoa! You scared me!"

"Unnie, your boyfriend is hot."

"What?"  Sooyoung points to Jongin and Seungwan laughs. "No. He is not my boyfriend. He is like my best friend, nothing more."

"But he is hot. Just look at his face. I even think he is way hotter than brother."

"Then go ask him to..., wait, no, someone has been waiting for him, and she is super nice to me, so no, I will support her more to go toward him than you."  Sooyoung pouts but everyone can see it is just a joke. "I miss you, unnie. I have to smack my brother's head several times after he let you go. Such a shame."

"You know why? I mean, the reason--"

"I was there when Jongdae oppa punched him."

"They were fighting?!?! How??"  Seungwan shouts and Sooyoung has to grab her arm to calm her down. "Just a day after you left. Apparently, Jongdae oppa knew his infidelity to Sulli unnie but he let him go..., however, he was super upset to know you were hurt. Of course you were hurt. That is why I treated my brother coldly. He chose to go back to that cheater than you."

"It's his choice. You are his sister. You should support him."

"Even when he ruined someone's heart? I am a woman too, unnie, and believe me, if a guy did that to me, you would probably be angry just as much as I am right now, right?"  Seungwan just sighs as she can't clearly answer that question. "But tell me, unnie, have you really moved on or this guy is just like your shield?"

"Jongin isn't someone like that to me. He volunteered to accompany me here. So, I don't treat him like a shield or something."

"But how about moving on? Have you done that? Have you passed that?"

Seungwan blinks and can't say anything. She knows she hasn't moved on (heck, she hasn't moved on for years) and now, after being rejected twice, she should have thought about moving on, but she can't. It is as if Chanyeol is the only one she could think of, and this is really terrible. "You can go out with Jongdae oppa, unnie, if this Jongin of yours isn't someone special. I mean, he really loves and cares about you, unlike my brother."

"I..., seriously..., Sooyoung, I haven't thought about anything right now."

"Really? Wow, how much do you love my brother? He's an **shole who rejected you, and then asked you to go out with him, and then two-timed you, and then dumped you for a girl who had dumped him too! If he is not a cruel guy, he is a dumb guy and he isn't worth to be fighting for, unnie! Come on, unnie, move on!"

"You support me more than you support--"

"I have said to you, I can't imagine how I feel if I were in your shoes. So I don't like to see you sad and hang yourself onto something uncertain like my brother's swinging feeling. Just go on and move on, unnie. There are lots of guys out there and they are better than my brother, I can assure you."  Seungwan hears and she feels like the wounds are opening again. She cried a lot when Chanyeol had rejected her when they were kids. She missed him a lot when she moved to Canada. She was in the middle of water, murky water, to be exact, when Chanyeol asked her to go out just because he needed rebound, and she was like being thrown into the brick from skyscraper when Chanyeol said he had two-timed her with Sulli.

Sooyoung is right. Chanyeol is not worth.

He is a real jerk.

But Seungwan can't erase him just because he is a jerk. She curses herself and bows down to hide the fact that she is about to cry. Sooyoung realizes that Seungwan is hurt so she embraces her. "I am so sorry, unnie, I am just--"

"It...., It's okay...., I am...., I don't know what to do...., oh my God, I can't stop my--"

"Supervisor-nim! I got the flower! I will be the next to get--Hey, what happened?"  Jongin's cheerful remark is changed into worried question. He approaches her and tries to talk to her. "Is something wrong happened?"

"I just talked to her and I think I have talked about something so sensitive,"  Sooyoung answers, "unnie, I am so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you."

She heads up and wipes her tears. "Your make-up is a bit--"

"This is okay."  She turns to Sooyoung, "I am fine, Sooyoung-ie. Your words is hurting, but it is right. I...., I just need to think about it a bit." She then turns to Jongin, "could we please go home?"

"Okay. But this is the bouquet and this means I will get married soon."  Seungwan smiles a bit and later she and Jongin leaves the venue with a pair of eyes which is following them closely.

 

 

"Oops! I am so sorry!"  Seungwan was distracted when she was window-shopping at a certain high-end street. She was looking and admiring clothes there and was so immersed to do it to recognize that there was a man ahead of her. They collasped and the files the man had brought are scattered. They are now bending to take the scattered pieces.

"That's fine. I was looking at my phone too so I didn't look at...., you...."  They both stare to each other and blink. Seungw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter