Joy of a new life (Infinite's Woohyun x You)

Collection of Kpop One Shots (Request open!)

"Infinite! Infinite!" Mexican Inspirits cheered as their beloved group as they peformed "The Eye" and a few of their other hits. As usual, Infinite did not disappoint their fans -- hardworkingly executing the dance moves perfectly and in synchronisation. The fans were very participative as well, waving their lightsticks to the songs.

Just as they finished performing "Be Mine", the lights went off. Excitedly, the audience chanted, "Encore! Encore!"

Meanwhile, backstage, Woohyun was anxiously taking his phone out and trying to make a video call.

"I know that you're worried about Sooyeon but calm down," said L, patting his back. He and the rest of the members were gathered around, wanting to find out how Woohyun's beloved wife was doing. A pair of familiar faces appeared on the screen. Behind them, you were lying on a bed, carrying a baby. The baby was really tiny and its eyes were closed.

"Hey, Mum. Hey, Dad," Woohyun smiled at his parents. 

"Hello, uncle and auntie!" the rest of Infinite chorused, waving.

"Hello, Woohyun and hello to you too, Infinite members," Woohyun's mother beamed softly at them. She then turned to you.

"Sooyeon, your hubby's here," she smiled. You looked up from the baby, a weak smiled curled at your pale lips that still looked pretty to Woohyun.

"How're you?" Woohyun asked, worrry evident in his dark eyes.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I'm just a little weak," you replied, giving him a reassuring smile.

"She's right. It was a struggle but she managed to give birth to a healthy baby boy," your father-in-law beamed at his son, tears of happiness sparkling at the corner of his eyes. He then recounted the event to the members of Infinite.

"Ahhh!!" you screamed as you pushed the baby out.

"It's ok, Sooyeon. We're here," your mother-in-law soothed you, squeezing your hand. Woohyun's father who was beside her nodded, squeezing your other hand.

"Take it easy, miss," the doctor said before instucting,"And push!" You obediently did as told, screaming as you did so.

It had been been excruciating but it was all worth it. After a while, with a smile, the doctor told you and your parents-in-law that you had a beautiful baby boy. A smile formed on your pretty face as you closed your eyes and got whisked away to the ward...

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't by your side when you needed me the most," Woohyun apologised after his father finished recounting. He hung his head in shame and guilt. The other members patted his back to comfort him.

"It's alright, dear. I know you're very busy with the concert," you smiled at him feebly.

Just then, sniffles could be heard, followed by a loud wail. Everyone looked to see the baby in your arms crying. 

"Oh, hush, hush. You haven't been crying until now. So be a good boy," you coaxed your son. Woohyun felt his eyes b with tears that soon streamed down his face. And it's not just because his son crying made him do the same as well. It was also such a historical and emotional moment, seeing your child crying for the first time. Hey, every child's "first" was precious to a parent, even if it's his first cry.

"Yeah, don't cry. You dad's here," Woohyun comforted his baby.

"And your uncles," Sunggyu added, with a small smile. The rest of Infinite nodded.

"Except that Sunggyu's the grandpa," Sungjong teased. Sunggyu glared at him.

"Who says that I'm the grandpa?" he fumed.

"But you are," Sungyeol grinned cheekily. Sunggyu now directed his attention to Sungyeol.

"You are dead meat, Lee Sungyeol and Lee Sungjong!" he roared, chasing after the two of them. Everyone cracked up at the sight, even you despite feeling weak.

"They sure had a way to liven up the athmosphere," you thought. Your eyes shone with delight seeing your son breaking into a smile as well. 

"Look! My son is smiling!" Woohyun exclaimed, his smile widening. Sunggyu stopped chasing Sungjong and Sungyeol and went back to look at the screen. Sungjong and Sungyeol soon joined him.

"See? It's because of me that Woohyun's son smiled," Sunggyu said proudly, puffing his chest.

"Oh, come on. Everyone knows it's not because of you," Hoya shook his head. Sunggyu looked as though he wanted to make Hoya his next target when Dongwoo interuptted, saying, "Hey, guys. So long as the baby's no longer crying, it doesn't matter who helped him stop crying."

Thanks to Dongwoo's intervention, Hoya was saved from the wrath of the leader. Sunggyu calmed down and nodded slowly.

"I supposed you're right," he said.

"Anyway, what are you going to name the baby?" L asked. Everyone began suggesting names but they didn't right to the couple. In the end, Hoya suggested "Soohyun" to which everyone agreed upon. 

Sadly, it was time to go perform the encore and so it was also time to end the video call. 

"Bye, Mum and Dad. Bye, honey," Woohyun said, blowing you guys a kiss. The members of Infinite bid them farewell as well.

"Bye, love. Bye, guys. Finish the concert well, alright?" you smiled.

"Fighting!" Woohyun's parents grinned. Returning the grin, the members of Infinite grinned and nodded before ending the video call. With that, they got ready to go on stage with smiles on their faces. 

 

 


Requested by: bebeBaby. Sorry this took so long! T^T

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! ^^ I'm really sorry for not updating regularly but now that the holidays are here, I hope to make up for it  by updating more regularly. :)  And I'm working on a few stories (non-one-shots) so do anticipate them! Thank you guys so much for your support and patience! ^^