Chapter Ten

Broken Glass
ChapteR Ten
 
Sometimes there live someone behind you.
 
I could still remember how pain brought sadness into my whole being. Just like those clouds, which sorrow and unhappiness could only be found. Pale it was as it was engulfed into a tint of dark-pale-dark that weighed so much and will burst into tears anytime soon from this moment. And it tended to be felt by most of the people, causing me to wish I existed as a rain, instead. Yonghwa and I walked down the town that connects through our university, which is why a mere walking distance away. it took few people strolling on each corner of the street, it was not even busy at all. The climate was indeed refreshing, yet everybody seemed vigilant at the coming of this rain. Yes, perhaps it will rain today.

There were abundant of food stalls standing around each side of the road. Various cravings, and techniques at inviting customers. I took a brief glance at Yonghwa, and saw him his lips with eyes seemed interested at any of those foods. And spotted him leering at me this time around, lifted I a brow.

"What?"

"Well, umm...can we get some food before we go back?"

Why do you still have to ask permission with me?" He looked like a kid at his unexpected question.

"So, that is a yes?"

"As if I did not give you the privilege. Of course, you can get a food anytime. Just take your time, okay? It is not that I am in a rush though."

"Come with me then. Let us eat. My treat." Who would have thought he would offer a hand aside from the threat? In that instant, I felt reluctant. But the other part of me wanted to take it, where it would find rude if I would not. His smiles were irresistible indeed, which there were no room for myself to insist. And so the heaven touched the land—they were intertwined. Poignant as it seemed. His grip were always poignant.

"What do you want?"

"Umm...Dumplings." I was sure of myself he was making bashful, yet he still managed to coolly smiled from ear to ear. Does not he noticed it?

"Ten dumplings, please?" He said with formality to the old lady selling these dumplings; probably in her sixties.

"Eh? But, I cannot finish ten."

"Don't worry. Five for you, five for me."

"Ow." The only word that came our from my parted lips. And so we waited. It sure was a precise thing that it had been so long since I last ate a dumpling, watching a lady cooking it for her customers and indulge its taste on a stick along the busy streets of a one corner.

Now awkwardness had overtaken me, was he playing with my fingers? That squishing manner, and felt him rubbing through his thumb pad—whywhy was he doing that? I just stood there and feet could not behaved, as if like the shoes lost its place and trembling with toes poking each other's state feeling, 'Hey, are you okay there?' due to the cold rising, but this, this was no ordinary cold. The pressure was ascending, heart pounding and an uneven breathing. Why am I feeling this way? His grip growing taut, and when I managed to examine his feature, a sudden affinity planted over this once frozen muscle organ. At a single though, I had witnessed—I like him.
"Oh! Great!" His voice broke off the magical moment, retracting his hand from mine as he hand these five sticks of dumplings at me. "Eat well, Joohyun." Under his indescribable state of mind, reluctance floated over the lines of my visage. Pored over at him, gnawing his food with big bites in such delight. Oh well, boys. The examination of his appearance at that moment caused no delay of thought—I was indeed falling to this man.

"Why are you still not eating yet?" There was only one left out of his five dumplings on stick. Cut off from my deliberation, my consciousness had returned from nowhere. It seemed that the time invisibly running without resonating a tick and a tock, having no notice at all at him almost finishing his dumplings while there was me back then busily building thoughts of him whether how or where does the sun alight reflecting excessive rays of affection: It started with a simple demure hum, followed by constructed words in patter.

"I was just thinking to something." That prominent apathy was on display before taking a bite of my dumplings. An affected prim bite.

"What are you thinking? May I know?" He continued munching while coming to ask such. There I did not get to bother myself with his question, just continue chomping.

"You do not have to know."

"Ms. Yeun's famous 'you don't have to know' phrase. All right, I am not forcing you." Was he sulking? Yonghwa just had finished his dumplings, throwing his empty sticks inside the trash bin; rather pleasant looking bin than those common unpleasant ones. Inevitable. It was inevitable of these eyes not to study every of his gestures. Am I really starting to get connected with this chap?

It could drag me back from munching everytime his organs were on sight of me. Now should I cloak myself to embarrassment? Or something to hide with? A perfect perceivable state was felt him staring at me—my knees were trembling. There were scarcity of words about how I should describe the way his stares were on me. But the only word I could fathom with was that he was making me feel melting. Through a peripheral view, movements of him were stepping closer. Why do I feel suddenly frozen?

"Wait..." Held out a hand, he broke my moment. This heart was intensely throbbing, as if I wanted to step back, but with just a single step it would not. The earth was pulling the gravity of my feet deeper, I could barely move. Flaring cheeks appeared.

"Aigoo. I said you eat well, right? So, that means—," he purposely ended it up like that or—was there something to be added? A hold on my chin he made; perfect landing, and little by little, he lifted it up facing his. Now, the world seemed coming into a halt. There he was scraping out something on the corner of my lips. Perhaps the dumpling sauce.

"That mean sauce are not allowed in here, okay?" I could feel every of his fingers' touch. Another collection of confusion was accumulated in my head. Each contour forming on my image was a no doubt in quizzical. Does any of these people already have seen an explosion? Because I felt like I had already seen—already felt such abyssal in me.

"Yonghwa?" Resonating a wavered tone upon calling his name, he swiftly pored onto my weary, enigmatic orbs.

"Yes?" He was waiting, and just retracting a hand from my chin. This certain thought in my head was never a confirmation yet: why such an action like that was showed unto me? Do you meant something? A question, questions would supposedly let out from this lips—but never would I thought, second thoughts would hit.

"Joohyun, what is it?" I gulped a throat, what to do?

"I—I umm..." He little leaned a head, ready to listen to it. Stammered. Unprepared. This must not be the perfect moment to ask. "I—I ummm...cannot finish this." Spluttered words at the very beginning, but fell out into patter in the end accompanied by a weary sough. "Can you finish these three instead? It would be a not good idea if we will just throw it away."

I could hear him choked into laughter after his mouth hanging a little half. Sometimes I do not understand the way his laughter sounded at that moment, but sometimes I did understand. Maybe only when heeding more to its own scale?

"Only that, Joohyun? Well, of course, but are you sure?"

Nodded I. Not any of his second thoughts were showed afterwards, taking the dumplings from me and he gnawed it like in just a single blow, as if like this chap grew in a skint group of a family. He was one a big-eater. Well, guys, naturally... Only I then thought of how precious he was at that moment. Something like—something like I wanted to exert a conscientious feeling towards him. And the only thing to be remembered on that one pale afternoon, was when our eyes met and a certain spark collided unto it. It was beautiful...
 
yemakim here
author's note: good day everyone! this is yemakim again. /throws love/ I AM BAAACK AFTER FROM A LONG REST. cries han river. anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. OMG ;;; forgive for making you guys wait. you are all the best. just do not forget to drop all your comments and subscribe TT___TT thank you so much and i love you! <3 <3 <3