Chapter Five

Broken Glass
ChapteR Five
 
Sometimes there live someone behind us.
 
I love words. I love arts. I love the discussion so much, but they were indiscernible in my ears, nor could I even see the words coming out from our professor’s mouth. They were vague. I lost sense of focus. I lost my appetite to listen. I felt wholly exhausted. Something like new for me that my entire body was hollering in pain. I blinked my eyelids a few times, and inviting the composure in me, but was no use. Futile. A light blur was going to cloak my ebony orbs, yet I remained blinking and rubbing it with my knuckles. That was a struggle.

How long will the class end? I thought. I need to rest. I need to be alone. These people that surrounded me brought no good—in a good way. I just need to be alone; I scribbled down on my notebook right in the corner of the back blank page.

“And that ends our class. See you next Tuesday.” Speaking of which, that statement was the only thing that registered in my mind. I grabbed my sling bag and hung it on my right shoulder, tucking a book then which. It was our last class, so everybody was so excited to get home or have fun, I presumed.

I looked down onto my phone, and there was no message from my sister. Perhaps she was with her newfound friends and go to parties like any particular revelers. Sighed I. Down the hallway with chatting students, I took long strides, debating on where to stay inside the campus since staying in the house will affect me more painfully. Peering outside was cold as usual, and the sky seemed like going to puke. It was dark and the clouds were gathering together, appearing it so thick. Is it going to rain?

I paused and reflected. But, a sudden hand grasped my wrist and made me turn to the person in no particular second. My thoughts of reflecting were gone. And a guy before me smiled confidently. A strange guy. A stranger.

“Seo Hyun.” He uttered. That made me arched a head on my left side. No comment.

“Seohyun, don’t you remember me? We met last night in a bar. Now, do you remember?”

I fell out of frowning. He seemed serious in his own phrases. But—Seohyun? “Seohyun?” Breathlessly returned the question to him out of curiosity.

He nodded, “Yes. Seohyun.”

“I am sorry. But, you recognized a wrong person.” I let my wrist slipped out of his and was about to leave, when he grasped for it again.

“Wait! I am sure I was not mistaken. You are Seohyun. Don’t play around, babe.” A lift of a brow showed on my visage. Babe? That gave me an eerie feeling. He is crazy. Created another attempt to escape from his hold, but an abrupt halt struck me after hearing his words.
“You promised me to go into my unit tonight. You even gave me your number. However, it keeps saying your number is unable to reach. Why is that?”

“I told you, I am not the one you are looking for.”

“This is ridiculous! It is not possible!” The stranger’s voice turned out so firm, and an arising pressure I could felt between us.

“Hey! Ms. Apathetic!” Added by another voice, it sounded so cheerful and bright—and familiar. I lifted a head, there I saw him coming, sauntering towards me. It was him again who sketched my feature. I felt dazed.

“What are you doing here? And who is this guy? Is he your boyfriend?” The stranger emanated a sly chortle, and was about to speak, but advancing him with mine made him cut off.

“Get away from me now. I am not that Seohyun you are looking for.”

“Hey, are you crazy? We just met last night and—“

“Hey! Hey! Hey! Is that a proper way to talk to a girl? And you heard it? She was not that Seohyun you were talking about or whatever.” He pulled me closer gently to him with his left hand holding my left arm. It gave me a flustered reaction, but I found protection from him. He reached for my identification card and held it out to the stranger.

“See? She is not Seohyun. It is Joohyun. Yeun Joohyun. Are we clear? Now, back off and don’t let your face appear to the two of us again, especially to her. Shoo-“ I did not see what the stranger’s reaction any longer as he already took a leave. I met relief.

“So umm…here, Joohyun.” The guy stepped a little backward upon sliding off his hand on mine. I can sense a bashful aura from him at this time while he handed my ID back.

“Thank you.”

“Nah, no need to mention that. That guy was just a little too crazy. Tch! You were scared.” I could barely give much explanation, but I spotted comfort and concern through his eyes, as if they were twinkling in consolation.

“Thank you so much. Really.” Replied I, giving a hint of relief. He smiled at me.

“Let us just forget it. Oh, by the way, I am Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa. Like you, I am an art student as well. A pleasure to meet you, Joohyun.” His hand was extended for a handshake, and his smile was just so alluring. Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa; I thought with a smile in my head. That occurred a beat somewhere in the corner of my heart.
 
yemakim here
hi, yemakim here! oh gosh, what was that?? ohmy our Seohyun! /pants randomly here/ is Yonghwa will be a help to our Seobaby? Or- please wait for our next chapter. i love you, guys. thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

PS: What has happened beforehand to that little intense scene above though? O_O