Chapter Six

Broken Glass
ChapteR Six
 
Sometimes there live someone behind us.
 
“Hey, Joohyun!” I heard his fingers snapped over my face, which gave me back to my senses. It was not obvious, it was rather a calm startle. I looked straight onto his eyes. They were in a stare of questioning, but they seemed bright and beautiful still.

“It is my pleasure to meet you, too.” From that simple response, he offered a smile—an amiable smile before he reminded to take his hand for a handshake. It was awkward to feel in my part, but I took his and shook it gently.

His hand was unforgettable. He never let go, and just proceeded from our conversation. I do not know, but his grip tightened this time. He gave a gentle squish onto mine, which made me feel more of his; on how soft and manly the feature of his hand. There was a sudden electricity along my veins, too, and it hit my heart. It was lovely.

“Do you still have a class after this?”

I shook my head.

“Are you busy?”

“Not at all.”

His grin widened, showing his pearl-like teeth. “Great! Now, come with me.” Started to drag me on the hallway to the place I am sure I do not know. He looked excited with that smile.

“Where to?”

“To my unit.”

“Eh?” Was he serious? Or was that showing the mischievous side of his? Well, he is always mischievous. I heard him escaping out a cackle, glancing back at me.

“Kidding. Just see it yourself.”

I was more clueless to what he was surely up to that he continued dragging me with the excitement decorating across his face. It was a nowhere to me, since I am not familiar with the places yet or even with the rooms. This had taken me into realization on how truly big the art building is. However, the routines had gotten familiar when we passed through the other part of the building. The Art Galleria. Now, I was right, it was where we first met.

“We’re here.” He declared, letting my hand slipped from his ever so gently.

The whole gallery was empty of people. There were only the two of us, and these paintings and sketches that encircled us. The feeling gave me much more unexplainable feeling. Such a great astonishment—with no any other people around, it offered me to appreciate those arts more, to be honest. These eyes let out a sparkle as each one of them were such an enticing item. The essence had risen onto my spine.

“Hey, you seemed like it was still your first time here huh.” Yonghwa crop out the moment I was in with a chortle.

“I was just amazed.”

“Again?”

“Again. The beauty of art with one or two people only watches it will surely surmounts its hidden beauty.” I was sure Yonghwa comprehended what I was trying to convey. Gave few glimpses at him as my eyes were caught to some Still Life paintings on the right corner.

“That was deep huh. But, you are right.”

The artists of these masterpieces were still students, but they certainly know how to capture every people’s heart and soul. By looking at these, a part of me wanted to know how the world needed art and how would people look at my own art. They were subtly made with passion. I took a relief by exhaling. Now, I found my remedy, at last. Scanning further will not make these eyes tired. It was all worth it. But, a query mounted over upon spotting the sketch that Yonghwa made was gone. I was confident and sure enough that it was in that section the sketch was hung. Yet it was no longer there.

“Barom, where is the sketch? Does the staff place it to the other gallery?” I offered few glances at him upon asking. It was charming when he curved a smile, “Where? I actually brought it in my unit.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Why”

“Why?” Is he just returning my question ‘why?’? Shook my head a bit, and emitted a defeated sigh.

“Why? Well…” After to his short pause, he made his response. How could he still be smiling? “Aside from the beauty of the subject it has, that sketch is just so passionate. To be honest, I could witness satisfaction from that sketch. It was a masterpiece that I could boast with.” I fell amazed. Does not he have found his masterpiece yet? Or masterpieces, I must say.

“But, you are an artist for years already.”

“Yes, I am. But, that was different. It conveyed more to realism. There was something onto it. It was special. Thanks to you.” Those lovely orbs of his were fixated at me. I found an awkward feeling, and that was rising.

“Why are you thanking me?”

He chuckled, “Because I now found my real masterpiece.” His hand ruffled my hair. Apparently, that line he escaped from his lips gave me the sense of bliss. I do not know why.

“So, I am your masterpiece?” That was still a part of my ability to interconnect things from one to another, not being assuming or being too confident.

“You made sense!” Yonghwa heartily laughed.

“You are just an expert that it resulted like that.”

“Do you think so?”

His eyes were just so enticing, which looking away to the opposite side to avoid his was not a good idea. This ended me meeting his gaze. I admitted, he was hard to read even if you will enter to the other portal, or even knock to the other one, you yourself will absolutely surrender. But, reading without having the comprehension of it is still enjoyable. This will lead me to read it again and all over again, until I will reach the point to understand the beauty and soul he has on his eyes.

“Yes, I do think.” And that was the moment I will not surely forget how I saw myself smiling.
 
yemakim here
hi, yemakim here! omoooooo is this really true?? Joohyun was smiling?? uwaaaaaaaa~~ /prepares a feast/ please do wait for the next chapter~o u o

PS: /THROWS LOVE AT YOU ALL/ MWAAAH MWAAH <3 <3 <3