Chapter Seven

Broken Glass
ChapteR Seven
 
Sometimes there live someone behind us.
 
“Hey! Were you just smiling?” Agitated I at his abrupt break off of the moment of admiring him secretly. That smile of his widened such beautifully yet silly.

“Oh? Am I?” Resuming to my usual visage’s expression.

“Yes! You were smiling! Aigoo, you better keep on smiling. You are beautiful. More beautiful, don’t you know that?” He took himself sitting in the corner on the porcelain ivory floor, glossed in such polish with its lavender scent evaporated though our nostrils; probably get cleaned every day.

Hearing such compliment from other people had never been listed down on my list; my mother was an exception, naturally, and even my older sister. But, that compliment he just threw from his mouth was I think the most beautiful compliment these ears had ever heard. It gave me the good feeling again. This guy—what is with this guy that made me feel this way?

Yonghwa fixated a sight upon me with those child-like orbs and a visage that I will never forget. Those were on my list now. Noticed his hand tapping at the space next to him, signifying me to take a seat. And I did. I seemed awkward, but I did; crossed legs and a back pressing against the wall. It struck me into realization that he never left a sight on me. That was so strange. That was so weird. Was there any dirt on my face? He turned the ambiance more awkward. I brought my legs up to my chest and enveloped arms around it. He was making me feel nervous. “Umm…” I broke it with a simple utterance, poring at him sheepishly. “Do you—really bring girls into your unit?” I was actually ran out of words to say or to question toward this guy, and this thing that bothered me was brought up.

He chortled once, seemingly astonished. “How did you come up to that?”

“To my unit.” I repeated what he replied earlier. “You said that as your reply earlier, right? But, no worries, I know it was nothing. But then again—do you?” I have this attitude of being tactless. Or am I just bothered? Why did it bother me so much? There was a quite long pause before he made his words, and when he did, he just looked cool.

“Yes, I do. But, that was before. Way back—three years ago? Why do you ask?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?”

“Nothing.” I remained unwavering.

“O—kay? Are you sure it was just nothing?” His left brow lifted while moving more next to me, which caused the tip of our shoulders attached. There was a mischief in his tone, and his image looked one, as if being excited to know the revelation. In spite of my hands running cold toward his demeanor, I remained still by just looking at him with my usual apathetic veneer. His thick pink lips lopsidedly smirked.

“Nothing.”

“You know what, are you humourless? Or just being—nothing?” And he cracked a brisk laugh with his head shook, and a palm messes his own hair. Why does he still looked so handsome with that messed hair?

“Actually, Joohyun, I once was lost before…” Yonghwa leaned the back of his head against the wall, and eyes looking heavenward. He started to exclaimed, “I was a rebel toward my family. I drink. I smoke. I stay up late at night. I go to bars, and sometimes I get into fights. I bring girls in my unit. I play with their hearts. Everything. I am such bastard, Joohyun. I do not know why. Perhaps because—because of my parents? I was such an attention seeker that I did those. I want to be noticed by them, feel their love and care, and let them know that I am still alive and breathing…”

It came into my thoughts—and realizations hit me that I was not alone. Yonghwa and I have similarities when it comes to this, though it varies so much, the involvement of parents is present.

I did not know, nor could I even imagine that he needs to come all through those only to get his parents’ attention. I felt sad from that moment on. Not because I can also see myself to him, but, because I could feel the hurt and pain from him that was beginning to surge deep inside me. I kept listening, and it feels hell to feel like this again. I could hardly make a sentence in response to that. I just could not react when even to myself I could scarcely lend comfort. It will all just be pointless. It had then come into my senses that a tear dropped from my right eye. A thin like tear made out of sympathy.

“Are you crying?” And that was the clear phrase that made me resume into my awareness, I looked into his pure orbs—and gradually they formed into bright moon crescents that glistened across the night sky filled with optimism and cheer along with a chortle he emitted. “Don’t cry, Joohyun. I have changed now. See? I am not the bastard Yonghwa anymore.” And he kissed my cheek. He kissed my cheek. He kissed my cheek with that tear.

“Bye. Bye, tear. Do not come near to Joohyun anymore.”

…and my world seemed stopped spinning.
 
yemakim here
uwaaaa yemakim here! i am back for more updates! yes! hahaha and what we have here was--omo! Yonghwa kissed Joohyunnnnn??? oh well in the cheek, yes hahaa! please wait for the next chapter. ppyong! ;)

PS: /THROWS LOVE AT YOU ALL/ MWAAAH MWAAH <3 <3 <3