Chapter Eight

Broken Glass
ChapteR Eight
 
Sometimes there live someone behind us.
 
A certain human being might experience a lot of things as they get older. When I was in my middle adolescent age, my mother told me that most children in my age tend to fall in love and had flings already. Just like Yoona, she got her first boyfriend when she was fifteen, while I was none. In my age, twenty-three, I had not been falling in love, nor had crushes, nor had feelings for someone. It had not coming in my way yet, or do I even have time for that?

They say that love is the greatest feeling a single human being could ever feel. Not just from the love of your families, but also from the love of someone who truly accepted you for who you are. A very affectionate love from an opposite gender. Such affinity to be felt. I do not know if I could still feel that one, when my father won’t even show his love for me, nor even just once, though he is not a true parent of mine.

Thinking some stuffs like this made me feel strange, it was unusual to had not been struck with the pain in my head yet, but instead, his image kept flashing forward. I was lying peacefully on my bed, was ready to fall into slumber, but the thoughts of him bothered me so much. His crescent eyes glued in my mind. His smiles that made him more handsome kept popping continuously. And when his lips had touched my chubby right cheek—all of them gave me weird feelings, yet beautiful on the deeper side. Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa. Even his name sounded so lovely in my ears. Lovelier than the birds chirping every morning. Lovelier than the sound of my sound box. However, nothing was lovelier than his voice.

His voice was the most wonderful thing I have encountered in my twenty-three years of existence. His voice was a melody that I could possibly harmonized with. His voice was firm. His voice was amazing! His voice was mischievous. His voice was—satisfyingly sighed. Closing my eyes, and rested my palms on these warm fabrics of my bed. “His voice is endearing.” That was the last phrase lingered from my parted lips, which I also found myself smiling just by the thought of him and hearing his voice all over again. And I slept. Contented.

Did I just smile yesterday night just because of that man? This had been the question that kept appearing back and forth at the back of my head since I woke up. It felt like a sack of cement was rooted on my back that I was walking so slow like this through the cafeteria. These feet had been pulled by a gravity that gave a greater impact, creating slow paces along the hallway; that was what if felt like. My mind was filled of him. What was wrong with me? It was so strange and it . These feelings gradually became so eerie and I am unsure what is next. “Joohyun!” Should I feel sick of hearing his voice already? “Joohyun!” That way he called my name had been my favorite music recently. “Joohyun!” It was the third time already when those kept sounding in my ear. There was really something wrong with me.

“Hey, Joohyun, wait for me!” Yet it sounded real abruptly. I broke my own indulged instant from those voices constantly calling my name. Standing next to the foyer of the cafeteria, and made my turn behind. Let out a gasp. Fell into my realizations. They were not just ordinary voices from my head, but they were real. I saw him sauntering toward from where I stood.

“I kept on calling you thrice, but you were not even listening.” He managed to assert between those catching of his breaths, palms on his knees.

“I—I am so sorry. I was preoccupied so. Really sorry.” I was not lying at all. I was true preoccupied. And he settled upon fixing his gaze on me and that usual smile of his painted again. Should I pinch my cheek already?

“What time is your next class?”

“Seven-thirty PM. Why?”

“Great! Can you accompany me for a while? I will go to buy a new paint brush. It still too early though.”

“Why me?” That was such a straight-forward query. He lifted a brow, puzzling. “Uh—because you are my friend?”

“Are we?”

“We are, of course!” Yonghwa coolly chuckled.

It made me hard to respond, since this guy before me was making me feel the importance of life again. Do I still have the chance to stay on Earth with happiness? And experience first times from this guy?

“How about—“ I was trying to find those exact words to be thrown from these thin, pink lips. Eyes remained over him without deciding to divert to such. “How about your friends?”

“You are one of my friends. And nah, they are always busy. I do not want to be alone, too. So, come on we need to bond, too.” He was really something. There were no longer second thoughts, and yes, I agreed from my battling mind.

“I will just get my bag from my locker first.”

“Awesome! Okay! We will meet at the gate, okay? I will wait for you!”

And he became my friend then...my first ever friend as far as I remembered. He made his way out after waving a hand at me. Those cheery eyes that I always see were diamonds indeed. There was something special in him that I could see while others cannot. Honestly, it had been two days passed, but I easily found myself comfortable whenever I am with him. His aura could bring me into life from those pains and struggles I was with. Somehow I could completely give a thought of how to save myself from emptiness, which I do not spend time with and that—I had settled myself already to it, but not when we met. There was a scent of change; a change wherein life was at peace even for a little while. And it was so beautiful. So much beautiful.

I was striding down the pebbled ground of the campus in the long run once I got my bag pack. It was at the gate we will suppose to meet. Is this serious? I asked in my thought. I will be with him again. Does the time letting me experience these things? Or does the time was just playing around? As soon as I had reached the gate, it was no minutes when I spotted Yonghwa. His back was pressed against the colourless marble bricked wall, and his hands were inside his pockets. That was just the side view of his veneer, but he already looked so perfect.

What made me into ponder was when the time suddenly went all in a slow motion. The way he turned around at me to where I was standing, was just so clear and it fell into my surprise when a pressure of tension arose in my entire self, as if like there were butterflies inside my tummy. These hands of mine ran cold, and I got trembled. And when he ambled toward me with that shining smile and those prominent sparkling eye-smiles, led me frozen in a thought—am I in a fairytale yet?
 
yemakim here
uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yemakim is back to give another giggly thoughts and feelings to my precious readers. so yesh, i do apologize for updating late. but what matters most is that chapter eight is finally here. /acts fainting because Joohyun is starting to get all those feelings towards Yonghwa/

PS: /THROWS LOVE AT YOU ALL/ MWAAAH MWAAH <3 <3 <3