s i x

Come Into My Heart

 

 

Hayoung stood in front of the big mirror, looking at her very own reflection. The tight dress wrapped up her body suit her much, she wore her straight, dark brown hair down and her makeup was natural. Satisfied with her look, she went down to where Soojung and her mom were. Soojung arrived at the house fifteen minutes ago and was waiting for her. She wasn't late but Soojung arrived just too early.

It was Friday night and she was going to Jaehyuk's party with Soojung. Her mom sure had a lot of questions to ask and she left that Soojung to answer everything. She greeted both her mom and her friend before signing Soojung to quickly excuse herself from her mom, reasoning they were late.

"I'm going first mom, and I might sleep at Soojung's," Hayoung informed her over protective mother, not wanting her to be worried about her - or to be precise, not wanting her mom to call her for more than twenty times when she didn't pick up her call later.

The two headed to Soojung's car and not even three minutes, the car left the house, speeding towards Itaewon. Jaehyuk lived in Itaewon, the city which usually was the foreigners’ choice to settle at. He owned a double story bungalow with a pool on front of the house and Hayoung honestly had never been to the house alone. It was during on occasion like this that she visited his house. Usually, she would just hang out with him at a bar, restaurant or just a shopping mall.

So many people were already there the moment they arrived. It was Jaehyuk's birthday party. These two already celebrated together last Monday and Jaehyuk decided to host a party today. Hayoung wasn't a big fan of this kind of party - she probably would be at her room right now if this wasn't held by Jaehyuk, but this was Jaehyuk's party, she just couldn't not attend it.

Soojung left her walking alone towards Jaehyuk as she was already went socializing with her friends. Hayoung smiled at the guests as most of them already recognized her as Jaehyuk's girlfriend. She recognized some of them and there were some new faces she just saw today. Jaehyuk stopped talking to his group of friends when he noticed she was approaching him. A peck was planted on her right cheek, making her blushed when he did that in front of his friends.

"When did you arrive?" Jaehyuk asked her when his friends left them two alone, giving them some space. His hand wrapped around her waist as they walked towards a less noisy place.

"Just now."

"You look stunning," he complimented her sincerely.

"It's not like you have never seen me this stunning."

"Of course. You're always stunning after all."

Hayoung could only let out a small laugh. She enjoyed Jaehyuk's company so much - not because he liked to compliment her 24/7 but just because he simply made her comfortable being around him. She remembered the first time she met him, she was late for her work and not to mention it was her first day. It was indeed her family's company but it didn't give her ticket to be late on her first day and acted like a spoiled brat.

She stopped her car because of the red light before she could feel someone hit her car rear bumper - it was Jaehyuk. She told him it was okay but Jaehyuk insisted to send her car to a workshop for a repair. She left with no choice as he was so persistent about it. Plus, she was late and she had no time to argue about it so she just agreed when Jaehyuk offered a ride to the office. They exchanged their number, reasoning it was for him to contact her when her car was done with the repair.

Hayoung would say it was Jaehyuk who started to flirt with her and it was Soojung's idea to just go along with his flirting. Hayoung wasn't interested in Jaehyuk but after some time, she found that Jaehyuk was one fun person. She enjoyed talking to him, either on the phone or in person. It was fast but they started to be in relationship after not even a year knowing each other and believe Hayoung when she said Soojung was the happiest person to know about the news.

"My mom wants to meet you," Jaehyuk uttered, snapped Hayoung out of her own thoughts.

Hayoung was surprised to hear it, didn't expect it coming this fast. She wasn't ready to meet any of his family yet, not when her family still didn't know about her relationship with Jaehyuk.

"When?"

"As soon as possible?"

"Well, I'm not ready yet," she told Jaehyuk the truth.

"Why? My mom doesn't bite you," he joked.

Hayoung chuckled at his joke. She was about to replied him when a familiar face - whom she recognized as his secretary - walked towards them with a serious expression. The girl apologized for disturbing them before she whispered something to Jaehyuk, making Jaehyuk to leave her alone.

Hayoung didn't know what was wrong but it must be something related to his work, considering it was from hos secretary. Hayoung made her way to the crowd, looking for Soojung before her eyes caught a glimpse on a figure she knew so well. Her lips formed a smile and she made her way to him. She felt relieved - she found someone to socialize with as she wasn't that close with people here and Soojung was nowhere to be found right now.

"Oh Sehun," she called him and he turned to her. From his expression, she knew he wasn't surprised at all to see her here. Well, he already knew that she was Jaehyuk's girlfriend and that was enough reason as to why she was here. Now, it was her who wondered why he was here and how did he know Jaehyuk.

"Hi," he shortly greeted her. His eyes traveled around her body - don't call him ert; it just he couldn't help it but to stare at how pretty she was tonight. Everything about her looked different today. Probably because she was standing under the dim light, but she was glowing tonight.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"I'm invited too."

"How did you know Jaehyuk?" she was curious. Sehun and Jaehyuk must know each other if Sehun was invited too. There was no way Jaehyuk would invite someone he barely knew. For some reason, she didn't feel good knowing the fact these two knowing each other, and she was sure these two had a close relationship too.

"We were classmates during our college years, like every class and semester," Sehun answered casually. It was the truth though. Jongin, Jaehyuk and him were classmates during the college years and they were pretty close. However, after the college ended, they somehow were drifted apart because of their busy schedule. It was Jaehyuk who wad so difficult to be in contact with the two and they only met occasion like this.

Hayoung nodded - that explained why Jaehyuk wasn't mad at all when he saw her having a lunch with him. It was because Jaehyuk already knew Sehun.

"You're alone?"

"With a friend, but he went to his girlfriend."

"What about you? No girlfriend?"

Sehun looked at her, "I don't have a girlfriend but my soon-to-be wife is right beside me, is talking to me even," he impassively uttered just to have a smile from Hayoung.

"Oh right, darling," she said with a smile, playfully linked her arm with his, catching Sehun off-guard.

Sehun didn't expect Hayoung to do that, especially now they were at Jaehyuk's party, her boyfriend's party and she was here as his girlfriend. He wanted to release his hand from hers but he didn't - he didn't know why. A couple of guests, who were also his friends at the college, shot them a weird look. Of course they were - who wouldn't when you were flirting with your friend's girlfriend, thought Sehun.

"So, where is Jaehyuk?" Sehun asked.

"He went with her secretary."

"So he ditches you for his secretary?"

"Seems so," Hayoung knew Sehun was just joking and so did her. It was weird but to her surprise, today they had a great conversation. No sarcasm whatsoever and it was so peaceful. She liked the atmosphere, she liked this Sehun. How she wished she would have this kind of conversation whenever she talked to him but she knew, that guy sometimes had more sass than she was.

"I'm here for you," Sehun claimed, handing her a glass of drink.

"It's a promise," Hayoung stated, more like an order for Sehun to follow.

Sehun nodded, raising his glass ready to toss with her before he answered "yes, a promise."

 

-

 

Hayoung woke up in Soojung's apartment and it was already two in the afternoon. Soojung was still on her bed, sleeping - she was so drunk yesterday and luckily Jongin drove her home. It took her for a moment to realize that Sehun was Jongin's friend when Jongin suddenly suggested her to go back with Sehun last night and she would drove Soojung home.

The drive with Sehun last night was so quiet and calm; both of them were tired from partying so they chose to be in silence. It was a comfortable silence, though. Hayoung fell asleep on their way back home and when she woke up in the middle of the night, she was already in Soojung's bed, with Soojung lying next beside her. Sehun must have gone through lots of trouble last night.

Hayoung took her phone from her bag just to see there was a message from Sehun, asking her if she was drunk too. She did drink a lot last night but not that much. She replied Sehun's text, saying she was okay before she made her way to the bathroom, taking a quick shower.

Hayoung was about to lie down on the couch, watching her favorite drama when someone rang the apartment's bell. It wouldn't be Jongin, Hayoung just knew about it because that guy wouldn't care to ring the bell, he literally would trespass the apartment. Hayoung lazily woke up and ambled towards the door, opened it just to see Oh Sehun was standing right in front of her.

"Good morning sweetie," he greeted.

, the real Sehun was back, Hayoung silently grunted as she noticed a hint of sarcasm in his tone.