f o u r

Come Into My Heart

 

 

 

It was Monday and a lot of files were waiting for to be signed by Hayoung. Managing her family's company was not something that she was interested in but, because that was what her father wanted her to be, she agreed to it - not that she had anything she interested in before, but at least, she studied business management in university. She was thankful that her father only wanted her to manage the fashion department. This position however, still kept her busy even though it was weekend, and that was what she didn't like about it.

She opened a file and started to review everything stated in the file. It was about the financial status of one of the stores she managed. Since they just launched their own brand, the sale weren't that bad, considering the label was yet to be recognized by people. The brand hadn't entered an international market yet, but she had a plan for it - she would try within the Asia's marker first. Entering Japanese market was not a problem for her; she had her connections but, Chinese market could be a bit hard for her who had no connection within the country.

Her handphone rang, disturbing her. The phone call was ignored until it rang for the third time. She didn't have to look for the caller at all, she already knew it - there was no other than her best friend, Soojung. There was only a reason as to why she was calling her early in the morning like this.

"Yes Soojung, I still remember it," she smiled as she answered the phone, as if her best friend was right in front of her eyes. "I'll be there at around 5," she stopped, thinking for a while, "by the way, can I borrow Jongin for a while?" she continued, knowing Soojung was quite busy today,

The girl on the line chuckled, "it's not you can't, but he’s not here. I don’t even know when he’ll be back – he didn’t tell me."

"Nevermind, then. Do you have anything else?" she asked, while her hand flipping through the file. She had a lot to do today since she was planning to leave the office at lunch break.

"I'm only reminding you, just in case you forget about it - well, you're a bit busy these days."

"There's no way I'd forget it. See ya later, then," she hung up the phone, continued revising the file earlier.

A few minutes later, she took her handphone back, after done with the file. Her finger scrolled down the contact list, looking for someone who could accompany her to the mall later. Not every friend of her could leave their office freely as they wished, unlike her and Soojung. She called her friend who was an attorney, but she couldn't make it, since she had an appointment with her client. Leaving with no choice, she called the last choice she had.

"Hello, are you busy after lunch?" she started right after he answered the call.

"Why? Are you asking me for a date?"

Hayoung bit her lower lip, was so annoyed with his reply, "no, Oh Sehun," she sighed. "Do you have any appointments or not?"

"No appointment and not busy," he answered shortly.

“Then, I’ll meet you at 1.30, okay?” she ended the call, not giving a chance for him to reply her back. Since he wasn’t busy, why not she asked for his help, for once.

 

 

Hayoung looked at her wrist watch – it was 1.15 in the afternoon; she was late. If the traffic wasn’t heavy, then she would arrive at Sehun’s company before 1.30pm. Otherwise, it might be later than 1.30pm. She took her handbag, and walked out from her office. The office was almost empty as most of the workers already left for the lunch.

She went straight to the parking lot, as today she drove by herself. She had somewhere to go this evening and she was sure her mother didn’t really like it. The car took a right turn, speeding towards the DZ group’s main building. Thanks to the traffic, she couldn’t be as punctual as she always was.

Hayoung took out her handphone and texted him. She was hoping for Sehun to text her first, asking her where she was right now because she was late, but he didn’t.

To: Oh Sehun
I’m here. Where are you?

About a minute later, she got a reply from him, which making her to grunt.

From: Oh Sehun
I still have some work to be finished. Come wait in my office.

The company’s lobby wasn’t that empty, neither it was packed with people – certainly because it was lunch break. She went straight to an elevator, and pressed the button which had number thirteen on it, as she entered the elevator. She walked towards Sehun’s room before a woman, or probably his secretary stopped her.

“I’m sorry, miss. It’s lunch time now and Mr. Oh said he doesn’t want to be disturbed,” she told her with a smile on her face.

“Sehun told me to wait in his room, though,” she informed the lady. “By the way, did he make you work even during your break time?” she asked out of curiosity, looking at how the lady was still sitting at her desk.

“No,” the lady shook her head. “I’m on diet and he knows I’m not gonna eat outside, so he told me that,” she explained to her. “Let me bring you to his room,” she offered.

“It’s okay, I can go by myself,” smiling, Hayoung made her way to Sehun’s room after the secretary nodded at her answer.

Hayoung opened the door, to see Sehun was still at his desk, looking at a file. He wasn’t even sparing a glare at her. Instead, he just gestured at her, asking her to have a seat first. Not wanting to disturb him, she went sitting on the sofa.

“You’re early,” Sehun said to her without taking his eyes off from the file.

She turned to Sehun with a frown. “How am I early? I told you I’d be here at 1.30, and I’m here at 1.45, and yet, I’m still early?”

“Who told you to hang up the call before I could say anything?” he lifted his face, looking at her with a smirk. He actually just came back from a meeting, two hours ago. He wanted to tell Hayoung if they could push the meeting to one hour late, but she ended the call before he could say anything. He hadn’t going anywhere since he came back from the meeting this morning – he had to stay in his room to finish a project proposal, as asked by his father.

“Why did you ask me to wait here when you don’t want to be disturbed?”  ignoring his question, she asked another.

“That’s not for you, but because your face is new, my secretary is being careful,” he took the file he was reviewing before, and went to Hayoung. “Let’s go.”

“Do you perhaps have some girls crazy over you,” her eyes fixed on his face, “you know, something like in the drama, so that’s why you don’t want to be disturbed,” she continued when Sehun’s expression showed  that he didn’t get what she said before.

“Rather than girls, it’s a guy,” he corrected her.

“What?” she half shouted.

“It’s not what you think,” he kinda knew what was on her mind, seeing how she reacted.

They both then stopped at in front of his secretary desk. “Please give this to the President,” he ordered her. The secretary just nodded at his order.  “Where to eat?” he shifted his attention to Hayoung who was looking at her phone.

“Mingles?” she asked for his opinion.

“Mingles?”

She nodded, “Yes,” she handed him her car keys, wanting him to drive to the restaurant she mentioned before.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“I thought you already told your mother not to do anything like this anymore,” Sehun started after a few minutes of silence. Hayoung was too focused on her phone, all the way to the parking lot, and even right now, she hadn’t taken her eyes off from her phone.

“Ah, it’s not arranged by my mother,” she told him. He sure misunderstood this as something was planned by her mother.

“Then, what do you want?” he looked at her with puzzled look. Sure thing, this wasn’t arranged by his mother, too. That meant, Hayoung herself wanted to meet him, and he needed an explanation for that.

“How did you know?” her voice sounded so amuse with his question.

“We’re not in relationship where we have lunch together just because. There might be something if it’s not planned by the parents,” he blurted out the truth.

She smiled; he was right about that. “You know, not all my friends are free and the ones who are free, not actually free,” she started before explaining further the reason why she called him for lunch, the reason why she even went to his company to pick him up. “I need to buy present for my friend’s birthday, but none is free,” she grinned.

He nodded at her explanation. Before he could say anything to her, his phone rang, signing there was a call.

“What?” he greeted the caller as soon as he picked up the call.

“Em, okay,” and so, he ended the call. “Can we just skip lunch and go straight to buying present for your friend?” he continued right after he ended the call, turning his face to his right.

“Are you busy? I can go alone if you’re busy,” she stated. He looked like he had something up, after receiving the call, so she didn’t want to disturb him if he was really busy.

“I think I can go with you, but I only have an hour,” he told her.

Hayoung nodded without giving it a second thought. She would make it quick and finish choosing the present in only an hour – it was better than shopping for present alone. As for lunch, she didn’t mind about that. The only reason why she asked Sehun for lunch was to thank him, in advance. She was definitely fine if Sehun wanted to cancel the lunch.

The car made a U-turn and headed to the Lotte Department Store as wanted by Hayoung. The two went straight to the store that Hayoung chose, not wanting to waste any time.

Hayoung took one of the ties that captured her eyes and showed it to Sehun and then, asking him to try it, before she shook her head and putting it back to its place. The same things happened for a few times.

“Why? The ties you choose before suit me,” Sehun complained when Hayoung was still looking for a nice tie.

“Gotta admit it suits you, but I’m not buying present for you,” she claimed as she turned her face on him who was looking at her. “Weird, why every tie looks good on him but when I try imagining it on Jaehyuk, it doesn’t look that good?” she talked to herself, but it was enough for Sehun to hear it as well.

“Maybe he isn’t as good looking as me.”

“Probably,” Hayoung carelessly answered him. She was not in the mood to bicker with Sehun about that; she wasn’t that childish.

Hayoung continued looking for a tie that would suit Jaehyuk while Sehun was waiting patiently for her to finish it. About five minutes later, she went back to Sehun with three neck ties in her hand, asking him to choose one.

“Oh wait, why did I ask you to choose? I’ll choose it by myself,” she claimed when Sehun already chose one. She picked one from those three (the same as Sehun picked before) and went to pay for it.

“Let’s have a lunch next time, as a thank you from me,” she claimed when she was done with the payment and both of them were walking out from the store.

“Sure, but I’ll pick the date and time. You just need to pay.”

“Okay,” she agreed to it.

The two went to the parking lot after forty-five minutes choosing for a tie. Sehun never knew buying a tie would take this long. He would never agree to accompany her shopping anymore – he regretted it that he actually agreed this time. As for Hayoung, this was her first time she shopped within an hour; the fastest one in her life.

“Do I send you to the company?” Hayoung asked.

“Somewhere else.”

“Enter the address, then.”

Sehun entered the address of the place as asked by Hayoung. “It’s a place you frequently visit, though,” he informed as the address was showing on the GPS.

“Really?” Hayoung took a look at the address he entered, “my friend lives here,” she explained.

Hayoung drove the car to the address entered by Sehun. Even though she was familiar with the place, but she couldn’t remember the route well. Sehun who was on the passenger seat didn’t help at all, all he did was making fun of her with his “I thought you always come here, and yet, you still need the navigation?” which annoyed Hayoung so much.

The car stopped at in front of a tall condominium building. Sehun got off the car after thanked Hayoung.

“I’ll call you when I need someone to pay for my lunch, okay?” with that, he went inside the building.

 


[010216] first, I guess it isn't late yet to wish you guys HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! this chapter was supposed to be updated yesterday but something up, so I have to push it to today. this chapter is a total crap, but I hope you guys okay with it. I'll do better in the next chapter. thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting. I really appreciate it ^^