Title

Book of Meanie

A/N: I’m really really sorry! I know I should be uploading the “Serve Me” one-shot request but I have made the plot really complicated and I still need to work on ¼ part of it but school got me really busy... please understand! I hope you guys this J

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Title

 

Piercing screams

 

 

Clicking of cameras

 

 

A continuous thump

 

 

The stage was shaking, but he felt unmoved. He forced a smile, trying to advert his attention to other things than what’s happening beside him.

His chest tightened, and he cant put his smile back. He wish everything to end, and be inside his bedroom where the silence will soothes him.

 

But his mind didn’t seem to understand what his heart feels, as the scene keep replaying in his mind.

 

 

 

“Staring Game!”

A fan shouted, and Wonwoo could only stare back. That’s pathetic game, it’s not fun at all when you keep winning effortlessly.

It was their fansigning event and the hiphop team was called after the vocal team, just to perform some request the fan wants. They always have that activities before they start, just to have more interactions with the fans, just a little ‘thank you’ from all the efforts they’ve shown continuously.

“Well, we know who to call!” Seongcheol announce through the microphone, and the fans cheered in response. Wonwoo smiled, he knows it’s him and Mingyu, and he will make the venue shake.

“Mingyu!”Seongcheol shouted pointing on Mingyu while the latter just give a approve sign giving an ‘I’ll-win-this’ look which made Wonwoo chuckled softly.

“Choose an opponent” Mingyu look to his side, then back, thinking really hard. It’s not something to think too much, call your boyfriend for Pete’s sake!

“Oh!”

 

“Hoshi!”

 

The self-named 10:10 guy walk front, smiling shyly as his name was called. Wonwoo stared at front, he felt dejected. He look hard on the front, not wanting to see more, but no. Someone has just to push his head to look at the two.

“Everyone lets clap!” Seongcheol announce and he was force to get along.

“1...2...3” Clapping his hands with the rhythm, he said he’ll not but he did. When the clap after the count of 3, his head automatically turn to where the two where. Mingyu turn to his right facing Hoshi and the latter all did the same. Mingyu had his hand on his pocket, giving the gaze that Wonwoo thought he will be the only one to see.

“Ahhyyyy”

Hoshi didn’t met his eyes, the hit of embarrassment has come to his senses, and he could hear is the disappointment of everyone.

“Hoshi, Mingyu was ready why did you look back?”Seongcheol sound a little bit annoyed but smiling nevertheless, motioning his fingers to look at Mingyu’s eyes.

“Again, again” Hoshi bowed a little, gaining his confidence back. He lead.

 “Everyone”

“1...2...3-“

 

It was a bold move

 

Grabbing Mingyu’s soft locks he pushed  the younger’s head closer to his, their foreheads touching. Both giving the stare of competiveness. It was so close, and they could hear the fans screams. Feeling the hint of satisfaction, they pulled out.

Hoshi had his smiled even wider, and Mingyu has his hand in his eyes, trying to calm himself from the intense battle they had. The two knows, they are not aiming who’s name will be announce as winner but the fans hunger towards skinships.

 

Piercing screams

 

 

Clicking of cameras

 

 

 

A continuous thump

 

 

The members laughing over Mingyu’s reaction and Hoshi’s mischievousness, that wasn’t the first. And Wonwoo can only clinch his fist from the thought.  

 

 

Wonwoo readjusted his outfit, and look front. He can’t form a smile, he can’t give an enthusiastic aura. His chest tightens, his trains of thought came again and breathing became hard. But he cant make a scene that will surely scandalize everyone in the room. He need to take care of concealing his true emotions, that’s part of being an idol, which Wonwoo continue to hate, he just need to keep showing he was happy. But damn it, he is a human too.

 

 

 

The time seems to move even slower to Wonwoo, he just wanted to drown himself in his bed forgetting anything that happen. When the camera is there recording, everyone in the team changes and he admits he is included. Maybe because he is young, but Mingyu has been even more enthusiastic when it’s recording, he agrees on anything you ask even before you said it. He just go with the flow and still he manage to keep his built image intact.

While Wonwoo keeps his natural aura, smiling and sometimes giving comments which is sometimes ignored. He wasn’t the friendliest guy in the team, in fact not everyone is close to him. But he is used on people approaching him first than him doing the first move. He is always stop with his insecurities and that is his main problem from the very beginning.

 

Being an idol is tough, it’s hard to keep shape, it’s hard to give more, it’s hard to keep up on everyone’s expectation, it’s hard to smile when you feel not to and it’s hard to keep a secret.

When Mingyu sneaked their intertwined hands through the car ride, those random whispers on his cheesiness and their secret kisses, Wonwoo would forget his insecurities just for a while. Because all he need to take care of his butterflies in his stomach.

His title as his boyfriend doesn’t count to stop his insecurities, it was just the two of them knows and the younger could throw it anytime he wants. He wants his boyfriend’s warm, his touches and his words. He wants to hear and feel, this relationship they had is worth fighting for. He need to be assured that the younger still loves him just like before.

Because he can’t give the same enthusiastic in front of the camera, Wonwoo understand when Mingyu would got to grab other members than him. But as soon as he got to used to it, he wanted the younger to call him, to grab him and be his partner on anything weird he thinks of. The younger won’t, and Mingyu would get farther the more they have recordings.

Hoshi and Mingyu would be cute together, rather than them. Hoshi can level the energy Mingyu give, he would be the first one who understand Mingyu’s joke and a guy full of confidence. Everyone likes him, he got it all, and Wonwoo sometimes wish to be him.

 

 

 

 

They finally arrived in their dorm, it was silent. All was so tired, and went to their own rooms.

Wonwoo felt an arm on his shoulder, and it was him grinning. He ignored, and turn the door knob open.

“Aren’t you going to your room?”

The younger shake his head, still smiling and Wonwoo was inching to rip it off. He jump onto his bed, closing his eyes, he careless if he still have make up on and his still wearing their outfits.

“Im sleeping with you tonight”

He heard him whispered, but he didn’t open his eyes. He dont want to look at him, because any moment he’ll cry again, then he will start complaining on how Mingyu was a big flirt and then they’ll have a fight again. And he cant afford to risk those, they still have a schedule tomorrow.

Soft lips pressed in his forehead, it lingered long and he almost cant hold his tears back.

Another on the tip of his nose.

“You cant sleep without changing”

He tried ignoring, his chest start to hurt again.

A peck on his lips.

Another.

And another.

“Woonie-hyung~”                              

He stood up, and went to his cabinet picking his sleeping clothes, grabbing his towel he went to their bathroom. The younger could only stare back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You smell so good”

The younger hug him from the back, he was sleeping in his side choosing not to face Mingyu. He closed his eyes again, wishing he could drift to sleep fast.

Mingyu started to get irritated on his coldness, he was also tired and he just want a moment with him. Since they cant do that when everyone’s watching.

“Is this about your insecurities again?”

Silence and it just made Mingyu even more irritated.

“How many times do I need to explain it to you?”

Silence, Wonwoo’s tears came. He knows this will happen, he dont want to speak, he dont want to retort back because what if... just what if, the younger would ask a break up. He can still handle this rather than a life without Mingyu.

Mingyu pulled the older facing him, just so he could answer him. But he was met with Wonwoo’s tears.

“I’m sorry”

Wonwoo sitted up from his bed, and wipe his tears away. It was all he could say, it’s all what he could think.

Mingyu felt his heart broke when he sees his tears, he hate himself. He promise not to let him cry but he keep doing it again and again. And that just made him even feel like a jerk, he knows very well that Wonwoo have so much insecurities inside him and his duty as a boyfriend is to assure him always, give him love and make him forget the negative thoughts the older owns.

He hugged him, massaging his back in the process.

“It’s okay”

“I am sorry too” He whispered, kissing his hair softly, then pulled out from the hug. Cupping Wonwoo face, with his gentlest touch and softest voice. Wonwoo is very fragile, even if he is a monster in stage with his rap, there’s a side that only Mingyu could see, and Mingyu could fix.

“You know our situation right?”

The older closes his eyes, more tears came out.

“And I need to act that we aren’t in a relationship in front of everyone”

Mingyu wipe his tears with his thumb, and then went to kiss Wonwoo’s close eyes.

“I keep myself distance to you because I might not be able to help myself touching you...”

 

“...telling everyone you are mine and I am yours”

His eyes are still close, and his tears won’t stop coming. He wish he never love this guy, so that he wouldn’t be in this situation. He would not think of his insecurities, his anxiety. He wish he was not his boyfriend. He wish he just never met him.

 

 

“Hey look at me, please”

His pleading voice touches his broken heart, and he obliged. Slowly opening it, and there he was again trap on Mingyu’s stare. Trap on another dimension only the two can reach. It twinkles like those stars in the sky, it was full of love, it wasn’t the same stare he gave to Hoshi, and he was assured again that this guy is his.

 

“I love you very much”

 

Their lips connected after he said those words, Wonwoo have heard it a lot of times. But his heart is pumping like crazy, he was healed for an instant. He just loves Mingyu so much, that sometimes it hurts. Imagining his life without him is darkness, he is his light and that will never change.

 

 

“I love you”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

......

“I have an announcement to make!”

Twelve heads turn to Mingyu and everyone stop eating their breakfast for a while. Waiting for Mingyu to talk, it might be an important announcement or like the company have updated their schedule for a while. Wonwoo just stared at him, his eyes still shows how he have cried so much, but his aura has been more positive than usual. Except that he got a good sleep, Mingyu was there, telling him “I love you’s” before he sleep and when he wakes up.

 

 

 

“Me and Wonwoo are dating for quite a while now”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Let your imagination work what will happen next  hahahah.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ohhhh I can’t help it. Here’s the continuation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We know” Seongcheol stated and continue eating his food. It was opposite on what Mingyu have imagined, no one was surprised, and all just quickly ignore him after.

“I think it’s kind of obvious” Woozi added pointing the two with his chopsticks. Wonwoo blush even more, he lower his head and tried to continue eating without smiling.

“Wait so my acting didn’t really work?” Mingyu pouted, but he moved closer to Wonwoo.

“Is my acting awful?” Mingyu ask with his baby tone and pouting at the same time. It earn a sound of disgust from Seungkwan.

“Your acting was no joke” Wonwoo replied softly, and it earn a cringing noises from the team.

“Well I thought Hoshi and Mingyu were dating” Vernon commented and it earns a smack on his head.

“Dont mind this guy, he is too naive” Everyone laugh at Seungkwan words while the two keep buckering.

“I’m not naive, you fool” Vernon replied in english, scratching his head on process.

“I yem nat nayev yow nae ga” Seongkwan mock in reply, and Joshua was about to correct his pronunciation.

“Dont dare!” Seongkwan threat, pointing his finger to Joshua.

 

Wonwoo could laugh wholeheartedly on how the scene was, there were no pain, no insecurities. Him and Mingyu have settled it last time, and he is confident that he can handle his self better. He looks at everyone who has their smiles on, they were family and they just accept them easily. He felt even more determined to work hard, he is with the best of people and they know they could reach their dreams in no time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile

 

“It’s okay” The youngest patted to his shoulder softly, as everyone got their attention to the couple.

 “I know”

He forced a smile.

“I’m hopeless”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note AGAIN:

This is requested by exoLbeautyot12

"...It's idol au, I mean present au where Mingyu flirts with Hoshi at a fanmeet, just for fun but there's innocent ,shy ,JEALOUS  ,HEARTBROKEN, UNDER CONFIDENT , CUTE , SELF CONSCIOUS Wonwoo , who becomes sad and begins to question himself if he's good enough but then Mingyu does something REALLY ROMANTIC and fluffy that Wonwoo blushes hard and they make up I guess......??????? Ofc with lots of hugs and kisses."