Hope

Why Did I Lose You?

A few years later…

Hongbin was working alone in his basement. After realising who Y/N was and the regret he had after forgetting his own girlfriend had left him heartbroken, and now she was gone from the world. He was in pain; the heart ache was too much for him. Tears rolled down his cheek once more. He wanted to become something stronger and less human, so he set up his machines he had been working on the past few years and set himself up on the table. He was going to make himself a cyborg. The machines made him out of metal with various wires and components but he still looked human. The process had been a success but now he had to finish his next goal, recreating Y/N.

He had worked on the project for years and finally he was nearly there, she was nearly complete, 95% rendered. He focused on the computer and approached the robot Y/N. She looked just like her, so calm and collected as he remembered her. When she was finally complete the robot opened its eyes and he felt like she was alive again but it’s still just a robot and he had a problem to fix in her arm. He observed the arm and made fixtures whilst the robot sat motionless and expressionless next to him. He looked up at her as he reattached the arm and held onto her hand a moment, just remembering what they used to do. Now was the final part, to insert the memories.

He waited whilst the memories uploaded into the robot and then lifted the helmet from her head. You opened your eyes and looked up at him, immediately you hugged him and held him tight and he hugged you back. He cried into your shoulder, he couldn’t believe it, you were back with him. They sat down together and intertwined hands as you rested your head on his shoulder. He smiled down at you glad to have you back in his arms after so many years. He brushed the hair out of your eyes and leant close to you but then the building was breached as 3 CIA officers stormed into the room. They were all dressed in suits with black shades and expressionless faces. Hongbin pulled you up behind him but he was restrained as the other two tested you on their monitor. Hongbin tried to break free from the officers grasp but it was too late, they had found you were an illegal robot. They began to take you away but Hongbin pushed the officer and freed his grip before shoving the other two officers off of you. He took your hand nodded at you and they ran into other area of the basement leaving the officers behind them. They reached his workshop and Hongbin looked at you with only one solution he knew in mind. He kissed your forehead then took your hand and led you to the table where he was turned into a cyborg. They lay there together and he reversed the machine. It came down over them and began taking them apart. They looked into each other’s eyes for the final time and you whispered “I love you” and tears fell down Hongbin's face as he replied “I love you too” You closed her eyes as the machine finished taking you apart and then Hongbin was taken apart just leaving in the middle of the table the only part of him that was still human- his heart which made its final beat.