Chapter 9

Through Everything

During this whole weekend, Byul-yi had been heartbroken. She was still heartbroken, this little time had only made her feel worse. She only ate very small amount of food and didn’t leave her room once. She didn’t know where to go, what to do. Everything seemed meaningless. Meaningless when the sun wouldn’t rise. The moon alone is very lonely; the moon depends on the sun to survive. At this very moment, Byul-yi was doing exactly what she had been doing for the last couple of days; staring at the ceiling in her bedroom, breaking down In tears every once in a while and just feeling hollow. Tomorrow was school. Yongsun would be there, and Byul-yi would know her parents wouldn’t allow her to skip school, not even for one day. She had to keep those good grades.

However, a feeling had been growing in the hollowness of her. One would think that this is good, but the feeling wasn’t as simple as happiness, bored or anything like that. It was anger. She was angry. Angry at the people beating up Yongsun, angry at the people bullying Yongsun, angry about every single human being that has ever dared to say a bad word about her sun. I mean, how could they? She was beyond perfect, and still, they let their hate and ignorance and homophobia go out on the poor, little creature. Byul-yi could feel the bubble of hate towards these people grow bigger and bigger, especially on that Sunday, knowing that she would have to face them tomorrow. She knew exactly who stood behind it; her so-called ‘’friends’’. She never even liked them; it was just that she didn’t really like anyone at the school, so she thought of it as luck that these people liked her. Well, she had never liked anyone until she met Yongsun. With Yongsun, she had felt like she had gotten an actual friend at her school that she could talk to about everything.

Now that was taken away. She had to pretend as if they didn’t know each other, like all the conversations they had together never existed and the bond that had started between them would just be cut off. Completely. She couldn’t bear the thought. She couldn’t bear the thought of loosing her. But she knew she would. She knew it had already happen. Therefore, the anger grew bigger. The anger towards the people that this this, those egoistic, disgusting people. Byul-yi knew who she had to let her anger go out on. One person was especially in her mind. She just had to. After she had let out this anger bubble, she could continue being hollow in peace, without this feeling growing bigger and bigger. She had one name going through her mind over and over. The only one it made sense for her to be. The person that had stepped over the line and made it too much for Yongsun to handle, that person. Byul-yi knew who it was; and she didn’t particularly like him right now.

Monday morning. Byul-yi’s hair was loose. She had gotten her uniform on and her eyes were swollen and makeup free. Her face was a bit red as well. She looked exactly as you except someone that had cried three days in a row to look like. She left her house so that she would make it for school just on time, and when she arrived to school, she made it to her first class and sat down with Krystal as soon as possible, so she would not have to face Yongsun. As usual, Yongsun had already entered the classroom and had an eyepatch over her left eye, but Byul-yi didn’t give her so much as a glimse, she couldn’t  push herself to that, she would probably break down.

‘’Hey, Byul-yi? Byul-yi!’’ Krystal said and was shaking the black-haired girl a bit, trying to get her attention. Byul-yi had obviously zoomed out, into her own world.

‘’Huh?’’ the girl then finally replied, realizing she was trying to get contact, before looking at Krystal.

‘’You don’t look good, and you didn’t answer your phone all weekend-‘’ Krystal says, before leaning in and whispering, so nobody else would hear. ‘’-are you okay?’’ Krystal said, looking really worried at her. After all, Krystal cared for the younger one.

Byul-yi wanted to laugh. ‘’I don’t look good? If I’m okay?’’ it was as if she was the only one even caring that Yongsun had literally been beaten up. Who ever in their right mind thinks it’s okay for them to beat up someone else? But, Byul-yi couldn’t say this, so she sighed  and replied with a simple nod. The last person she wanted to explain the situation to was Krystal.

Krystal seemed a bit hurt. Why would Byul-yi tell her what was going on? Because something was obviously going on, Byul-yi would never have been all swollen and red, looking like a slob if something wasn’t going on. It was bothering Krystal that she wouldn’t tell her.

Class started, but Byul-yi couldn’t pay attention. All she paid attention to was the clock. Tick tock tick tock tick tock… it went so slow, being in the same room as Yongsun and not even being able to lay her eyes on her, it was painful. She wanted out of this room right now. But it wouldn’t help. They had every single class together. There was no out of this. She would have to live every single day for the next 5 months like this, feeling like she was dying inside.

The class went by and she walked to the next class, with the people she always used to hang out with before Yongsun. They talked and laughed, Krystal had told them to leave Byul-yi a bit alone because something was bothering her. They were also really happy to have their ‘’real Byul-yi’’ back, not seeing her hang out with that American anymore.

It was halfway into the class. The anger bubbled up bigger and bigger inside. Byul-yi and she paid attention to the clock. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Now was the time. She knew this guy would ditch class in ten minutes to buy cigarettes, he always did on Mondays and she knew because he told her. They had been close once. Once. Not anymore. Now, Byul-yi wouldn’t be able to look at him without disgust. She put her hand up.

‘’Excuse me, can I be excused to the bathroom?’’ Byul-yi asked silently and looked straight at the teacher. Little did she know that the sound of her voice made Yongsun turn her head towards her quickly, before realizing and turning it back to her book.

‘’Yes, sure. Be back by 15 minutes Moon.’’ The teacher replied. Byul-yi simply bowed and left the classroom.

Minho had just left class to ‘’go to the bathroom’’ aka. buy cigarettes from this older guy. Only a couple of months and he would be able to buy it himself, but so long he had to keep buying through him. Tch.

He had actually went inside the bathroom to check himself out in the mirror. On the way out of the toilet, which was located on the back of the school, outside, he suddenly heard a yell.

‘’Yah! Choi Minho!’’ a female voice yelled. Minho, confused to who this could be, turned around and saw no other than Byul-yi. He smiled, he had missed the girl and she wouldn’t reply to any of his texts this weekend. If she had been with that American girl, he would make sure to let the foreigner that if she didn’t obey him, she would get a second blue eye. So caught up in his own mind, he didn’t notice the furious look at the youngers face, and it came as a shock on him when she finally reached him and she pushed him hard against the wall and not hug him, as she would use to do before.

‘’What the is wrong with you?!’’ Byul-yi almost screamed in his face and only now the older boy saw how mad she was. What had he done?

‘’What? What have I do-‘’ But Minho wouldn’t even finish the sentence, before Byul-yi took a tight grip on his white school shirt and shook it once and violently.

‘’Don’t you ing dare pretend like you don’t know! How could you EVER lay your filthy, dirty hands on a perfect girl like her?’’ Byul-yi screamed in his face, pushing him hard against the call one more time. Tears of frustration came out of her eyes.

‘’You kept telling her to get off me, that I was annoyed? ing hell Minho, I was more clingy to her than she was to me, and yet you have to attack her, beat her up? For what? So you can feel proud over yourself and your microscopic ?!’’ Byul-yi yells furious and Minho could truly see the anger, frustration and hatred in her eyes. Good this they are outside, at the back of the school, before someone would have gotten a teacher otherwise to stop this. Minho, to shocked to even react, stood there like a dummy.

‘’She is PERFECT! She never hurt anyone and yet you had to stomp her down, in her first month on our school, just because I finally could find someone to call my real friend? You, of course, have to ruin it. Guess what, Minho? I. Never. ing. Liked. You. And I never will! If you continue being jealous at every single ing person I touch, I swear- ooh, I ing swear I will RUIN your social life at this school.’’ Byul-yi threatened, and both her and Minho knew she could. And she wouldn’t hesitate.

‘’So lay you fingers ONE time on her. Say ONE more bad word about her. Even look at her wrong and I will make sure you never see a good day at school again.’’ Byul-yi said, biting her teeth together. She pushed him as hard as she could against the wall one more time, before lifting her left hand and smacking him hard right in the face mulitble time, letting her anger out on him while tear flooded down her cheeks, both because she was heartbroken and because she was frustrated and angry.

She let go of him, looking at him with disgust. ‘’Never touch Yongsun, or me, again. Don’t even talk to us.’’ She finally finished with anger in her voice and eyes, before turning around, leaving him shocked, confused and a bit scared and the school. Byul-yi didn’t return to the school that day.

 

__________________________________________

AU: Hello guys! Gosh, sorry for no update. My pc crashed on friday night and I was so afraid I had lost all my pre-written chapters, which I discovered I had when I got it running again Saturday night! D: So half the sunday I used hanging out with my friend at a dance studio, practicing dance and the rest I used trying to write it all again. I should have posted yesterday, but after a long and hard schoolday I had girlystyle classes for any hours and up untill now after school I have been having hiphop classes after school. Yes, author dance a lot, haha !! But I know what you are thinking, *excuses excuses* sorry :((((

This is shorter as usual aswell, but I just wanted to post something, to let you know I'm still alive and still updating here!

So here you have some angry angry Byul-yi, grrr! I don't know if I'm good at writing angry descriptions, it's my first try, so I might continue, might not, who knows??

Hope you liked it!