Explanation

Gureum (Cloud) 2 - What Meant to Be?

Room that brighten with yellow light. Scent of coffee lingering through out the air. And here before me sit the girl once I love the most.

I remembered walking up to her to my consciousness and asked for her time to explained everything. Every single thing that happened back then, and she agreed. So here we are, sitting face to face.

Caffe latte. Drinks that she ordered for both of us. She didn't need to asked me what I would love to drink and she always knew that I wouldn't bother to speak myself at this kind of time. She knew it, what I want is listening to her explanation. Even if it needs the whole evening for her to explain herself, he wouldn't mind to.

"Okay, so where do we start?" She asked. I just stared at her. "Umm..." She wasn't so sure how to start explaining. "Hara.. She became much prettier," Still, I only stared at her. "Why is she here?" I didn't answered her. "How did you two be-"

"You are supposed to be explaining yourself. Not asking me question." I cut her.

"Okay, sorry. Relax!" She startled a little. "Things weren't going right in Ulsan. My parents keep getting threats because of their restaurant success. Jealous is the main reason I'm sure, but it's getting very dangerous when they threatened to kidnap me. So they decided to move, since my uncle has been a permanent resident here. He still live alone as well. And he told us to just move."

She paused when the waiter put two caffe lattes that she ordered on the table. She took a little sip and continued. "They opened a restaurant again here, since there's not a lot Korean cuisine around. So it's a good thing they thought." She took another sip and looked at me. "I'm sorry for not telling you. I'm just not sure how to tell you."

"So you think it's better to leave me wondering?" I sneered. "Yes, you moved on. Right?" She answered. I don't know how to answer her. "You love her, do you?" She asked me while looking at me deeply. I took a deep breath and sighed heavily. All words were scrambling in my mind, I failed to arrange the thing I wanted to say. "I know you do," she continued herself. "And I know somewhere deep inside your heart, I'm still there. But you are not sure where to put me." I was chocked down by the words that just went inside my ears. My face turned red. I can't face the fact that I'm so egoistic but she was just so calm and wise handling my stupidity.

"Sometimes love, doesn't meant to be forever. It's okay." She held both of my hand and smiled. I know what this meant for me. I know how this is hard for her. I smiled back hesitantly.

After finishing the tense conversation we had, we talked for hours and hours about what we missed from each other life. She told me actually she was seeing someone as well, but still not sure. I told her my story with Hara. Looking at her respond to my story about Hara, it looks like still adore Hara like she used to do.

Time passed by and it's getting late. We both know, it's time for us to go back.
"Promise me, you will find someone who love you more than I do." She nodded, "Drink your coffee and let's go home. you have class to start tomorrow."