Knocking on Door

Gureum (Cloud) 2 - What Meant to Be?

Woke up early in the morning and my head still replying what happened yesterday. I shook my head. I looked out to the window right next to my bed. Gazing blankly to the red horizon because the sun just set right in front of my eyes.

Knock Knock

Someone was knocking on someone's door, it stopped my gazing. I got up from my bed and searched for my phone to found it sitting in the middle of the room on the floor. I didn't remember why I put my phone there.

The knocking still continues, it bothers me. But whatever, I need to take a shower and calming myself before calming someone else.
Yup, the thoughts of Gureum makes me go crazy and cranky.

15 minutes of showering and I can't believe, someone is still trying to knock on the door where no one is answering. I choose to wear my loose t-shirt and jogger pants then walk outside my room to the living room while drying my hair with towel. I can hear the knocking clearer, it must be from the flat right in front of my flat.

I went out to see who is this stupid that knocking so loud this early and I have the urge to snap at this person immediately.

"Hey, girl! You know what time is this? You could woke up the whole floor!" I said to this girl angrily.

She just stand there keep knocking with her left hand without looking at me. I was about to close my flat door when I realized her right hand were all blood. I can't ignore the fact there's a girl in front of my flat; well actually not really but technically she was there; and her hand is bleeding.

Realizing I have been standing looking at her, the girl turned her head on me while hiding her right hand so I couldn't see. I was more than surprise, it feels like there is a storm inside my stomach. It's Hara.

I spontaneously grabbed her left hand and dragged her inside my flat. She stayed silent while I dragged her and made her sit on the couch in the living room.

"How this could happen? What are you doing? Explain yourself, now!" I yelled at her as wiping the blood from her hand and covering the deep cut on her hand tightly with a cloth. Thank god my flat mate won't be here until next week, I know I sounded scary and I yelled too hard at her. She didn't answer me, she only took a deep breath and stared right into my eyes. Haven't seen her for a long time and she showed up right just after I met Gureum yesterday with blood all over her hand. It makes me furious. "What happened?" I asked her again. "We need to go to the hospital, you need to get stitch. You know where is the nearest hospital?" She nodded. Still she didn't answer my question.

I gave her my coat, she looks very tiny wearing my coat, makes her look so cute. I really want to hug her. I'm not angry to Hara like I'm angry to Gureum. I don't know why.

On our way to the hospital she suddenly break the silence between us, "My coat, my bag, and my phone is still inside that flat. It's my friend's place, I'm just visiting him for the weekend." I didn't say anything, I listened to her carefully. "Do you want to take a bus or just walk?" She asked me. "Whatever you prefer, I said. Is it very near?" I answered. "Yes, it's around 15 minutes walk. By bus will take 10 minutes but we still need to wait," She said. "Maybe let's just walk."

I keep glancing to her along the way. I could see her left hand rubbing her wounded hand once in a while. "Is it still hurt? How didi it happened?" I asked and again she only nodded. It's like she didn't want to talk about it. So I stop asking.

Once we arrived at the hospital, she directly being taken care. I stayed right next to her during her wound being cleaned, stitched, and covered. During the process, she only hissed couple of times but that's it. She still can smile to me and to the nurses. I remember how she always look cheerful and all lovely back then in Seoul and she is still the same person.

"Should we go back to your friend's flat? Or you want to go somewhere else?" I asked her.  "I want to get my things and I have to pay you back for the hospital bills." She said. "You don't need to pay me back, you will stay at my place over the weekend, and don't argue me." I replied to her.

•••

"It's a guy, right?" I asked Hara while standing in front of the door of my neighbor flat. Hara nodded, she looks trying to hide her  expression. I know she's scared and I know there is something not right.

I knocked the door and said 'Excuse Me' and 'Hello' several times. After around 5 minutes, the guy opened the door. He saw me then saw Hara. He was about to grab Hara but then I stopped him. "I want to get her things." I talked to him coldly. "And don't touch her." I warned him.

The guy is smaller than me, but I know he could punch me really hard. I could see anger in his eyes, but he stayed calm. "Sorry, who are you?" He asked. "I'm Hara's friend from Seoul," I answered. "Can I get her things out of your place?"

"Yes, go on." He said. I rushed in to take Hara stuffs, her handbag, travel bag, coat, but can't find her phone. I went back outside in a flash, I'm quite worried leaving Hara in front of the door with that guy who is possibly actually is her boyfriend. "I can't find your phone," I told Hara. She took her coat and searched inside the pocket. "It's here." She smiled at me and quickly looked down to her feet after glancing a second to the guy.

"She's only moving right in front here, don't worry." I pointed to my flat. "I'm your neighbor by the way."

I opened my flat door, and gestured Hara to get inside. She obeyed me. In front of the door she stopped and looked back to the guy. "I'm sorry," the guy said. "Good bye," Hara replied to him then she walked inside. I looked at the guy, I didn't see his anger anymore. He looks sad and guilty for something. I went inside after he went inside his flat.

I'm puzzled.