Fly for Miles

Gureum (Cloud) 2 - What Meant to Be?

I hugged granny for the last time before I go. She didn't cry nor look sad. She smiled, "take care of yourself and send me stories from there." Then she brushed my hair and gestured me to lower my head so she can kiss my forehead.

 
Granny closed her bakery today, so she could spend today with me then send me off to the airport. Yup, I picked the last flight to Manchester. I got a scholarship for a Music Course there. As I love baking so much, Music is one of the thing I love also. I just never show it to people, I keep it for myself and not even Gureum. Oh, of course for granny to hear too. No one have idea about how many songs I have wrote, nobody would thought I have this kind of sensitivity. Well, I do.
 
Off I went on the plane. Hours of flight I spend all of it almost with sleeping. I woke up once to a lighting that right near my window but then I went back to sleep in a minute.
 
I landed at 11.10 AM, directly got picked up by someone from the college. I'm glad he could speak Korean well, the guy that picked me up actually is an American-Korean who grew up in Manchester. Not that I can't speak english, but I'm still kind of shy to talk in english with someone I just know.
 
I was shown to my flat where there is 3 other rooms beside my room. So I share living room and kitchen with others, I'm fine with that as long I have my own bathroom. The flat is quite warm because the heater is on. I looked out to the window, It's almost the end of March but the snow is still falling here. Is it usually like this every year?
 
"So if you need anything just contact me here," said the American-Korean guy named Douglas as he gave me his name card. "And that's a little welcome gift for you, enjoy!" He pointed to a brown bag that sits on my bed. Then he left.
 
I dragged my enormous baggage to the corner of the room. The room is very nice and spacious. I could survive here for 6 months, I guess.
 
After finished arranging everything, I then remember the brown bag that still sitting on the bed. I grabbed it and take a look what is inside the bag. In a second, Hara's face flashed in my mind. It's a bag full of donuts. Why? It's my first day here! I get frustrated.
 
I didn't decide to take this music course because of Hara. A scholarship that was offered to me was not something I would skip. But I know Hara is in London, I know I only need to jump on a train and travel for 2 hours from Manchester. But... I don't know where I have to start to look for her. 
 
I checked my e-mail to found out that today I have to come to the administration office for re-registering my class and be there before 5 PM. I was panicking when I see the clock is already 10 minutes to 5.
 
My flat is right next to the college building, but I'm at the 8th floor. I rushed my way to the administration office and get there to found the office is closed already. But I still try to turn the door knob, It was unlocked. I opened the door, "Excuse me? Anyone here?"
 
"Yes, what can I help?" Said a voice from inside. Then someone came out from one of the room behind the front office. I explained why I was there and what I have to do and stuffs. The officer helped me with everything, then she asked me to come again tomorrow and get everything done with the International Student officer that has already went home.
 
•••
 
The first thing in the morning I do is went to the Administration office to meet the International Student officer to get everything done, so I can get my student card and everything I need to start my course next week. 
 
The office is already opened, I went inside and asked to wait. Then the front officer asked me to follow her to the International Student officer office. I was surprised to found a familiar face sitting right in front of me.
 
"Long time no see." She said. "You look good," she smiled at me. Not a single word came out of my mouth. She asked me to sit down and hand me over the form and everything. I obeyed her, but still I can't say any single word to her. I don't even want to look straight at her eyes.
 
I try to get back to my sense, to control my nerves and everything. But it didn't work. Anxious, happy, thrilled, overwhelmed, angry, and many kind of feelings that I can't explained is filling my heart. I remain silence.
 
"I told you, If we were meant to be then we are meant to be." She said calmly while handling my student card and my course schedule. I took it from her hand, still I didn't look at her.
 
I stood from my seat and walk my way to the door. I opened the door. Before I went out, I looked back at her. She was sitting there calmly like nothing happened. "Ulsan?" I asked her. "It's a long story." She answered with her eyes looking at her computer screen. "You knew I would be here." I said that as I left.
 
I fly miles where Hara is the one that I thought I could probably meet in the very first place. Turns out, Gureum showed up. Just like the sky today that was full of Cloud, my mind is full of Gureum(cloud).