9PM Talk

Gureum (Cloud) 2 - What Meant to Be?

For the rest of the day I let Hara stayed inside my room. I have sat in the living room for hours with the TV on but I didn't even know what I'm watching. My eyes keeping going back and forth from the TV screen to my room door. I really wanted to go inside and accompany her, but I'm to afraid to do so. So I just sat there for another hour.

It's 9PM. My phone showed the room temperature is 2 degree in celsius. I'm thinking to grab a blanket inside my room. But before I stood up from the couch, my room door opened. Hara stepped out of the room, covering her whole body with blanket and making sure that the blanket cover her feet and hit the floor as she walked towards me. I only could stay still and looked at her. My heart beats so fast, I could even hear it myself. She looks so lovely, her sleepy face looks more sleepier because her deep eyelids and her eyes shape that curving down.

She stopped her step when one of her knee bump into my left knee. Then she slouched her self down beside me. I can feel her shoulder brushing mine as she leaned back to the couch. I looked over my shoulder to see her face. She already peacefully closed her eyes again. I couldn't help but curving a slight smile. I then leaned back to align my position with her.

Not long, she unwrapped the blanket  and made the blanket wrapped not only around her but also around me. It's a pretty big blanket, but it's not enough to cover both of us as I bought it only meant to be for myself. To my surprise, she leaned closer to me and her hand crossed in front of my chest. She meant to pull the tip of the blanket beside my right arm, making sure I was all covered.

Realizing it's not enough for both of us, she squished her body closely to me into a hugging position which made all of the blood inside my body feels like boiling. Well, in this position, both mine and her body is covered up well by the blanket. She rest her head on the back seat while her hand still hung on me. I'm still in my last position, having no idea how to react. Her touch, her flower mixed with fresh fruit scent, even her presence itself made my brain disfunction.

Frozen and awkward in my very own position, I wanted to turn my head to face her. I didn't turned my head nor move.

"I still feel cold," she talked to my ear in a very small voice. But I could hear her clearly, it brings shiver right down to my spine. Then I responded her without thinking. It just happened, I pulled her close to my chest where she could listened to my heart that beats really fast for no other reason but her. I wrapped my arms around her, and brushed her back gently. "Better?" I asked her. "It's warm, but my right hand hurts." She answered.

Then I remember her stitched hand was squeezed between my stomach and hers. I asked her to turn around and so she did. Again, I pulled her close to my chest. But this time, her back was the one that rested on my chest. I hugged her from the back. Locking my arms on her wrist, making sure her right hand free. I can't help to not to smell her scent from the back of her neck. "Thank you," she said.

"So would you tell me, what's going on?" I started the conversation. "Is he your boyfriend?" She nodded, "He was."

"This happened, because he is so temperamental." She started to talk as showing her wounded hand that has been covered to me. "He is a very smart and sweet person. But when the devil inside him wake up..." She paused for a moment and took a deep breath and sighed heavily. "It scares me because I don't know what he would capable to do in hurting others. Not only me, but anyone around him." Her voice sounded shaky. I haven't commented anything. "He really need to see a doctor. I wish I could help him, but I guess I can't. I thought I love him or the very least, like him. But, that's not it. I realized, I only feel sorry for him."

"Am I a bad person? What am I supposed to do?" She asked me as she tilted her head and rested it on my shoulder. I didn't bother to answer, because I know she didn't need any answer. She just wanted me to listen to her.

I looked at her face that not even an inch a way from me. I studied her face, she was gazing to the ceiling like she was looking at the answered that probably written there.

"Taekwoon...." She mentioned my name in a very soft tune that took my breath away for a second.

"Yes?" I answered.

She looked at me and locked my eyes on hers. "Am I a bad person?" She repeated what she just said.

"No. You are not." My eyes still glued to her.

"Do you still think I'm not a bad person; if I said, he doesn't matter for me anymore because now you are here with me."

I didn't say anything to her last sentences. All I remember after that, I ended up having her lips on mine for a good couple of minutes.