when the day of the wedding has arrived

WTF SEHUN! What are we gonna do now? This is such a mess!!!

The day of the wedding

Luhan was in his bedroom changing into his tuxedo. Just as he was about to tie his bowtie his mom walked in.

“My little boy is going to marry in only an hour, my Lu, I’m so happy for you.” A tear escaped from her eyes. and she walked towards her son and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her and her back for a bit.

“Mom... even though the person I’m going to marry will be Sooyoung, I still don’t love her.”

“It’ll come honey.”

“But what do you think dad would’ve-“ she took a big step back and angrily pointed a finger at him. She frowned.

“Don’t you start about your dad! He wouldn’t have wanted you to marry a guy either!” Luhan took a step forward and looked down on his mother, finally coming up for himself.

“Dad ALWAYS said I should follow my HEART! whatEVER it was!”

“But do you honestly think he had thought of this as even a possibility?!”

“Maybe not, but what I do know is that he would NEVER force me to do something that was against my will.” She looked away and at the thought of her dead husband, who she had loved with all her heart, more tears started to flow. Now tears were coming from her eyes, not from happiness, only from anger and sorrow. She turned around and walked out of the room.

Luhan took a deep breath and sighed. Then he continued tying his bowtie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From behind the curtains, in the room he was about to get married in, Luhan was looking how all the guests were entering the room. He saw his uncle and his aunt, his grandparents, his mother and also someone he had not expected to see there, it was Sehun’s father. He was sitting at the front row, talking to his mother until he looked away and his eyes met with Luhan’s. Luhan quickly hid behind the curtains again. He waited for a minute before he peaked from behind the curtains again. But when he looked at the spot Sehun’s father had just been sitting, he did not see him sit there anymore.

A bit confused he looked around for a bit, but his eyes were not able to find the person he was looking for, until someone tapped him on his shoulder. Luhan immediately turned around and the person he had been searching for was standing in front of him.

“Hello Luhan.”

“Hello sir.”

“Do you by any chance know where Sehun is?” his eyes were almost piercing through him and Luhan was scared of this man standing in front of him, but he wasn’t going to let him notice that.

“No sir, if you can excuse me I’ve got to prepare for my wedding.” He was about to walk away, but Ji Yong grabbed his arm, still staring at the spot Luhan had just been standing.

“No Luhan, that can wait for a bit. WHERE is SEHUN?”

“I already told you that, sir. I do not know where he is. I broke up with him, so I don’t even care where the hell that dude is.”

“So he’s not with you?”

“How many times do I have to tell you that? Why would you want to know actually? Did he walk away again or so?”

 “Yes he did. And I have a feeling where he’s about to come to, that’s why I came here.”

“Can I go now?” Sehun’s father gave him a nod and Luhan walked away. As soon as he was out of sight he ran off to the wardrobe and grabbed his phone, he called Baekhyun.

“Baek, you’ve gotta call Sehun not to come here! It’s a trap, his dad and some suspicious looking dudes are waiting him up.”

“Don’t worry Lu, everything will be okay. That’s what Sehun told me to tell you. So bye.” And his friend hung up. Luhan gaped at his phone.

“He’ll never get past his dad and those bodyguard thingies, he must have gone crazy...” then his cousin came in.

“Hey Lu, you ready?” Yixing said.

“Sort of.”

“Come here.” Yixing hugged him, then he mentioned him to walk with him towards the altar. As they stood there Luhan took one last deep breath before he looked at his cousin and gave a nod. And whereupon Yixing turned towards the master of ceremonies and gave him a nod. The master of ceremonies rang a bell and the doors opened, everyone stood up as they saw Sooyoung enter. Her face was hanging down and you could obviously see she was not happy with this marriage. When she had reached the altar Luhan grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze, then he whispered; “It’ll be okay, after all it’s me, your best friend, you’re marrying, right? And I promise I will be a good husband for you, I’ll do anything and everything to make you happy, okay?”

“Thank you, Luhan. That means a lot to me.” Then the master of ceremonies spoke up.

“Hello and welcome ladies and gentlemen to this wedding, which will sign the beginning of the marriage between this lovely couple; Sooyoung and Luhan. You all may sit down now.” Then the man talked and talked for at least half an hour, before he came at the vow-part.

“We have reached the most important part of the ceremony by now.” He waited for a few seconds until he spoke up again and looked at Luhan. “Will you, Luhan, marry this woman, Sooyoung, and promise to always be there for her; through health and sickness, through happiness and sorrow, through wealth and poverty?”

“I do.”

“And you, Sooyoung, will you marry this man, Luhan, and promise  to always be there for him; through health and sickness, through happiness and sorrow, through wealth and poverty?”

“I do.”

“Then I declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now.” Luhan was already coming closer to Sooyoung and was only one or two centimetres separated from kissing her, when the door was thrown open. And a loud voice, slightly cracking, could be heard.

“Luhan?” Luhan immediately straightened at the sound of his beloved one’s voice.

“Sehun?”

“A-am I too late?” Luhan bit his lip and nodded. Sehun kept staring into the other’s eyes and tears were forming in his eyes. he looked down for a second and you could see him taking a deep breath. Then he looked up again, again looking into Luhan’s eyes. Luhan could see a tear making its way down the younger’s face. Sehun opened his mouth to say something, but his lip was quivering, so it was kind of hard for him to actually speak up. But when he did, his voice was all shaky and trembling.

“Is there nothing left I can do?” he said softly, but loud enough for Luhan to hear.

Luhan squeezed his eyes shut, but he was not able to stop the tears coming from his eyes. He slightly shook his head.

“I’m sorry Sehun...”

Then one of Sehun’s father’s bodyguards walked up to Sehun from behind and gently took a hold of both his arms. Then he walked back towards the door Sehun had come from, taking him with him.

But as they almost reached the door Sehun realized that even if he could not do anything he could not just let himself get dragged away, he wanted to hug Luhan at least one more time before he would never be able to do so again. He started to harshly resist.  He started to kick and hit around him often also hitting the man holding him, who had by now token a good hold of him around his waist. He started screaming and tears were still flowing down his cheeks.

“LUHAN! I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!” The man holding him grew tired of keeping hold of the resisting Sehun and finally let loose of him. Sehun ran towards Luhan and hugged him, with his head on the elder’s shoulder he sobbed, only muffled sounds could be heard. Luhan tried to calm him down by his hair. After a little while Sehun’s breath and heartbeat started to calm down for a bit again. He looked up to Luhan, still crying, “Please... I can’t live without you...”

“Sehun you know there’s nothing I can do, you must go now... be careful and live a happy life, without me. Find a nice girl and marry her.”

“I don’t want to marry anyone else than you.”

“What is all this about?!” Sooyoung’s father spoke up. “Are you in love with each other?!” he turned towards Luhan’s mother, “Chaelin, you didn’t tell your son is gay! I won’t let my daughter marry a guy who will NEVER actually love her. If he was heteroual they would have fallen in love with each other after some time anyway, but he’s GAY. He will never love my daughter. He will never love any girl, why would you want him to marry a girl?!”

“I won’t let my boy ruin his life by having a relationship with another boy.”

“He is NOT ruining his life by doing that, YOU are ruining his life!” by now Chaelin had stood up and walked towards Sooyoung’s father, Kyuhyun.

“You’re not allowed to speak to me like that.”

“Well you aren’t allowed to act like that to your son. You’re the WORST mother I’ve ever seen.” Chaelin slapped him in his face. Kyuhyun frowned, then he walked to the altar and grabbed Sooyoung’s hand. “Honey I made a big mistake, you should find your own man and just by the normal way, by falling in love with him. I shouldn’t have forced you to do this just for us to be out of debt. Can you forgive me?”

“Yes daddy, I forgive you.”

“Thank you, and for you Luhan, I’ll help you through this. I will make sure your mother won’t bother the two of you anymore.” Then he left taking Sooyoung with him. Luhan gaped at the man walking away. Then he looked back to Sehun. He hugged him and the younger hugged him back. His mother huffed and walked away through the door. She slammed the door shut. Sehun backed away from the hug for a bit and stared his beloved one in his eyes. Then he kissed him.

 Three months later they were sitting on a bench at the park. Sehun had taken a picnic basket with him and he was now taking their lunch out of it, when he suddenly said, “Lu, can you close your eyes?” “What? Why?” Sehun giggled. “Just do it, silly.” And so did Luhan. Sehun grabbed a small box out of the basket and stood up from the bench, the wood of the bench creaked. “Don’t you dare leave me here, Sehun!” he said, eyes still closed. “No, no, I won’t” Sehun knelt down in front the elder, “You can open your eyes now.” So Luhan opened his eyes and when he saw the small box in Sehun’s hands he put one hand in front of his mouth and stared at the box. “Luhan, are you okay?” Luhan faced Sehun now and stared in his eyes, he nodded. “I’m just... shocked.” Sehun nodded, then he went on. “The past half year has been... difficult. We have gone through a lot and through all of our problems I had never once thought about giving you up. Even when you had broken up with me, I could not give up on you, I wasn’t prepared to let you go, to let you just walk out of my life. And I’m so happy I never did. I just love you so much and I always will, I want it to be you to buy my first house with,  to adopt children with, to sit on the porch just reading and holding hands sitting in our old wooden chairs in the sun when we're old and wrinkly, and I want it to be you to become my husband.” He opened the little box and held it out with one hand, with his other hand he took a hold of Luhan’s hand. “Will you, Luhan, give me the honour of marrying you?” “Yes, I will.” The both of them stood up and Sehun let loose of Luhan’s hand to grab the ring out of the box. He bowed down to put the empty box in the basket. Then he grabbed Luhan’s hand again and shove the ring down his finger. Then they kissed in the light of the pink and orange sunset.