when everything is going wrong

WTF SEHUN! What are we gonna do now? This is such a mess!!!

The next morning they were sitting at the table, all three of them, eating breakfast. Luhan’s mother had been very cold towards them all morning, and the both of them did not know why she acted like this. Although they both had an idea what it could be. “Sehun?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Your dad’s coming over in an hour, so if you could get your stuff packed, that would please me.”

“Sure ma’am, but he doesn’t need to pick me up I can go by myself too, I live only a few minutes of walking away from here.”

“Just do what I say.” Sehun stood up and Luhan was about to stand up too, but his mom stopped him.

“Luhan, you have to stay here. Clean up the table and the kitchen for me, will you? I’m going to take a walk outside for a few minutes, I want both your tasks done when I get back.” She walked away, put on her coat and left the house. Luhan ran upstairs and towards Sehun, heart racing and hyperventilating.

“She knows.”

“Did she tell you?”

“No, but I can tell, she’s been acting all cold since this morning, what she never does normally, and I could see her looking at me, for the first time in my life, with disgust in her eyes. she has to know!”

 “What are we gonna do now?”

“I don’t know but we’ve got to have our tasks done when she comes back, so hurry up!”

Luhan ran downstairs again and cleaned everything up. Just as he was drying off the last plate, his mom came in and while she was hanging up her coat in the hallway, she asked annoyed, “Are you done?”

“In a few seconds. Mom what’s up with you this morning?” He yelled. Then she came in and gave him a deathly stare.

“We’ll talk about it when Ji Yong gets here. Get yourself cleaned up and get dressed. No talking to Sehun, you hear me? If I do hear you, the both of you will get punished.”

“Yes, mom.” Luhan walked upstairs and did what his mom had asked him to. Sehun had gotten ready in the meantime too. Then the both of them walked downstairs. They sat down at the table. And after two minutes of silence the doorbell rang, Luhan’s mother went to open the door. They heard their parents talking for a short time, but couldn’t make up from their mumbling what they were talking about. Then they both walked in and sat down at the table. Luhan’s mother went to make coffee for her and Ji Yong. It was silent for a while until Sehun’s father asked them how their sleepover had been. “It was okay.” Sehun said. Then it was silent again.

Luhan’s mother came in with coffee now and she placed the cups on the table, one in front of JI Yong and the other in front of her own seat. She sat down too now, and crossed her arms looking at the two boys in front of her judgingly.

“Chae, can you please tell me now what you wanted to talk about?” she waited some more before she said something.

“Apparently... those two are in a relationship.” Sehun’s father abruptly turned towards Luhan’s mother.

“Say what?!”

“Yes you heard me, our sons are dating.”

“My son is NOT gay, you must be wrong.” He hissed at her.

“Dad, I’m sitting right in front of you. I can hear you.”

“Then tell me are you honestly gay?” Sehun looked down and Luhan took a hold of his hand. “I’m sorry dad.” A tear strolled down his cheek.

Sehun’s father shove his chair back and stood up he walked away towards the hallway and slammed the door shut. Luhan’s mother ran after him. Luhan looked at Sehun and wiped away the tears from the other’s cheek.

“It’s gonna be okay. Just remember what you said yesterday... We belong together, we’ll make it through this.” They stayed in that position for a little while and Luhan kept caressing the other’s cheek. Then their parents came back in, Luhan’s mother had to drag Sehun’s father with her, because at first he refused to even look at his son anymore. But she could not do this alone, and he knew that. So for her and only her, he went back inside. As they came in they saw their sons lovingly holding each other. But they abruptly pulled back their hold on each other. Ji Yong bit his lip and you could see the anger he was holding. But he did not do anything else, he just walked towards the chair he was sitting on just a few minutes ago and asked Chaelin if she could make him another cup of coffee. Luhan’s mother went to get some more coffee. And when she came back she saw her boyfriend judgingly staring at their sons, she could see how he could not stand his son loving another BOY. And neither did she. She could not believe it.

Chaelin placed his coffee in front of him and sat down again too now. They looked each other in the eyes and then Ji Yong spoke up.

“Explain me what is going on, Sehun.”

“We met in a club, and I had instantly fallen in love with him. He stayed over at my place that night, since then we’ve been dating.” His father looked away and took a deep breath, trying not to burst out in anger.

“Listen Sehun, you’re wrong. You’re not in love with him, with a boy. You’re just confused, what you have is a friendship, nothing more than that, you understand me?”

“No sir, I’m sorry to interrupt you but-“

“Luhan, don’t you dare talk right now. This a conversation between Sehun and his father. You have no right to speak up in this.”

“I do have the right to speak up! I love Sehun and everyone is allowed to know that. What we have is NO friendship. We love each other and one day we’ll get married and I don’t care if you’ll be there for me, cuz if you can’t accept me the way I am, then I don’t want you in my life!” Chaelin gaped at her son, surprised on how he even DARED to talk to her like that, the person who had given birth to him, who had raised him, who had always supported him. And taken care of him.

“DO YOU EVEN HEAR ME?! A GUY CANNOT LOVE ANOTHER GUY, GUYS BELONG TO GIRLS NOT TO OTHER GUYS!” he now burst out in anger. All three of them were in shock.

Sehun, still silently crying, looked up and softly said, “Dad? If you ever loved me, then please just accept me for who I am. I have always been this way, I’m still the same person as yesterday and last year and when I was born.”

“No Sehun, this changes everything. I’m sending you to a boarding school. No discussion, I already made my decision. And you two won’t ever get to see each other again, I’ll make sure of that.”

Sehun and Luhan looked at each other and by now both of them were crying, Sehun pulled Luhan in a hug and let the elder rest his head on his shoulder. Sehun his hair and after he had daringly looked his father in the eyes, he tilted Luhan’s head for a bit and kissed him, whispering “I promise this won’t be our last.” And just as he had said his last word, his father pulled him from his chair and dragged him with him. Just before the front door was slammed shut, Luhan had heard Sehun scream out that he loves him and would get back to him.

“I LOVE YOU TOO! NOTHING CAN STOP ME FROM BEING WITH YOU!” Luhan cried out, while running towards Sehun, but his mother grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him to a halt. He tried to get out of her grip by resisting, but his mother’s hold was too strong. With tears still flowing from his eyes he looked back at his mom.

“And for you Luhan, I’m going to arrange a marriage.” With that he collapsed to the ground, crying his heart out.