004

Unknown.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that night, I had decided to look for more clues. I knew that Sujeong’s body would still be there as no one uses that toilet as it was rumoured to be haunted. Haunted…could it really be Jia’s ghost that came back? It was late in the night at 11pm, where I crept out of my dorm, with a torchlight in hand and a mask and cap on. 

 

I didn’t turn on the flashlight until I had already reached the toilet. With hands trembling, I my torchlight as shivered as I pushed the door open. Sujeong’s face stared at me blindly, still with the shocked expression. Her skin was pale white, and everything was just the way it had been last night. 

 

First, I took the makeup palate from her hands and checked it properly. No scratches, nothing seemed to be broken, all still in one piece. How could this be? Her hand was poised in a position as if she was just going to apply the eye shadow. On the other hand, the makeup brush did have some makeup that could be be dusted off easily, which meant that Sujeong had actually started to apply those eye shadows.

 

Then I realised something. The hole at her heart is really, really fine. Did that person killed her with a stick? A metal stick? An icepick? What could exactly pierce someone through without that person fidgeting? Wouldn’t it be hard enough just to give a light stab at the back? Or was the stick pierced through after she died? Or from her back instead? But what about the mirror? Obviously if someone’s behind her she would have known. Well, only one explanation : that person is a ghost. That way, Sujeong wouldn’t have know right? But was it really ghost? 

 

Suddenly, I heard someone walking in a slow pace towards the toilet. Feeling surprised, I immediately turned off my torchlight then hid in the last cubicle. I then heard a cold sigh and then I could hear something being dragged against the floor. Hearing more closely, it’s Sujeong’s body! Who could it be? I dare not to peep because if this person was the one who pierced Sujeong through the heart then I could have died right there. I waited and waited until that person finally left. As that person’s steps sounded further and further I finally emerged from the cubicle, only to see Sujeong’s body missing.

 

“Huh? Where is it??” I said to myself as I looked round and round. I then pushed open the first cubicle door, and there Sujeong is. Hanging down from a rope around her neck. I gasped and flashed on my torchlight. Who was the one there just now?? Who could have the energy to do all of this? I tripped backwards and ran back to my dorm as fast as I could.

 

The next morning, the first thing that I saw when I walked down the hallways were all the students crowded around the toilet. Whispers and murmurs were heard among all of them. Some even look scared and tried not to look. But that’s not the point. The seven girls were all shocked as Sujeong was found lying on the ground but now she was hung up. I dared not to say anything and I squeezed through the crowd to get a better look. Sujeong is still there…swaying silently with the wind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter