Chemistry/Chemisery

JESSICA X YOU SHORT STORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was seating at the dining room while waiting for someone. She can already guess why the said person is late so she just prepare herself and her teaching materials for today’s tutoring session. Finally, she can hear footsteps getting louder and nearer towards her.

 

“You’re late.” Jessica said coldly without looking at her student.

“I’m sorry unnie, I slept in class so-“_______ said as she shrugged off her tutor’s cold demeanour towards her.

“Detention again.” Jessica cut in before her student can finish her sentence.

“That’s right. You’re smart unnie.” _______ said as placed herself next to Jessica.

“That’s why I get to be your tutor.” Jessica said as she shifted her eyes to look at her student.

“Very blunt unnie.” ______ said as she leaned her back on the chair.

“Let not waste any more time now, open your chemistry notes.” Jessica said as she motioned _______ to take out her chemistry notes.

“You never fail to make me feel chemisery unnie.” _______ said as she lazily opened up her bag and took out the notes.

“Thank you. Today we are going to study about aldehyde.” Jessica said as she pulled her student and forced her to sit up straight. _______ sighed and wanted to start complaining but decided not to do it when she saw Jessica’s icy glare shooting towards her indicating that she wants her to shut up and listen to her teaching aldehyde grandmother stories.

 

“There are many tests to confirm a solution as an aldehyde. First, aldehyde reacts with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine to produce an orange-yellow precipitate known as 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrozone. Second, aldehyde reacts to Tollen reagent which is a solution that contains the complexion of silver nitrate to form a silver mirror. Third, aldehyde also reacts-“

 

“Unnie.” _______ suddenly called for Jessica and caused Jessica to stop midsentence.

“Don’t interrupt me _______” Jessica said sternly.

 

But before Jessica can continue, ______ called for her again.

 

“Unnie, lend me your phone.” _______ said as she stretched out her hand hoping for Jessica to lend her her phone.

“Why?” Jessica asked as her face clearly demands for an answer.

“Just give it to me.” _______ said as she took Jessica’s phone from the table leaving Jessica speechless.

 

______ then ran away while Jessica tried her best to get her phone back. She saw ______ dialled a number and was about to press the call button. Fortunately, Jessica managed to grab ______’s right ear making ______ whined in pain.

 

“Ow ow ow unnie. Its hurts.”

“Give me back my phone and I’ll stop.” Jessica said coldly.

 

_______ sighed in defeat as she gave the phone to it's rightful owner. Jessica then let go of _______'s ear. _______ rubbed her sore red ear to ease off the pain she's feeling.

 

“Stop, why did you dialled 911?!” Jessica asked with a shocked expression evident on her face.

“Because I have a plan that the police can make good use of it.” ______ said as she was still rubbing her ear.

“Tell me about it.” Jessica said as she went back to her seat.

“Just now unnie said that Tollen thingy which is the silver nitrate solution will produce mirror right?” ______ said as she was making her way back to her seat.

“Yes. Silver mirror to be exact. I can’t see the connection here.” Jessica said as she glared at _______.

“Wait unnie, I’m not done yet.” _______ said as she raised up her hands.

“Fine, continue then.” Jessica said as she motioned her student to sit beside her.

“Earlier, unnie said that for it to form the mirror, it must react with an aldehyde. We have glucose which is an example

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter